ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759825)
Agree to disagree. If you think Haley was one of the worst, then you're in for a real treat with Romeo.

Sure would put a final, embarrassing stamp on Pioli's failed regime if Romeo turned out to be worse than Haley.

jd1020 07-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8759841)
Orton wasn't even in uniform vs Pitt. He never made it to KC until Thursday.

Are you trying to say he wasn't in uniform because he didn't make it to KC in time to be?

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8759847)
Are you trying to say he wasn't in uniform because he didn't make it to KC in time to be?

He didn't show up until Friday of that week. He didn't start practicing with the team until Friday Night. I'm sure Saturday wasn't an intense day of practice.

So yes, I think you're really reaching if this is the argument you want to hang your hat on. That a QB should learn a totally new offense in one day and that his team should be prepared to play with a guy they've only known for 1 day.

jd1020 07-22-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759865)
He didn't show up until Friday of that week. He didn't start practicing with the team until Friday Night. I'm sure Saturday wasn't an intense day of practice.

Plenty of time to come up with a handful of plays and be more successful than Palko. Unless, of course, you believe its possible to be worse than 0 TDs and 6 INTs.

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8759847)

He wasn't going to play. Period. That was not a mistake by Todd.

Not starting him in Chicago was.

Dave Lane 07-22-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8759464)
i wish i could be the fly on the wall for the behind the doors debates on Cassel between Haley, Pioli, Clark, whoever.

So clear the Haleys knew he sucked just like the fans do. Big Ben is certainly an upgrade for Todd to work with.

Everything I've read said Haley knew what a liability Cassel was but was ordered by the crown to keep him in. And not to use Stanzi. reeruned orders from Scotty boy

gblowfish 07-22-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8759868)
He wasn't going to play. Period. That was not a mistake by Todd.

Not starting him in Chicago was.

If memory serves, didn't they put Orton in for one snap against Chicago, they ran a flea flicker, and Orton bruised his hand hitting a Bear in the helmet?

milkman 07-22-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8759714)
It's hard to get blown out in the NFL given the talent is so equal. It's not just the blowouts it's also the demeanor on the sideline. Haley's actions were embarrassing and not indicative of a leader at all.

I can't say I disagree with this.

I am not sure that Haley was a worse head coach than Herman ****ing Edwards, though.

The blowouts might be telling to you, but the blowouts were, in large part, due to Haley's more aggressive style.

Herman ****ing Edwards wouldn't take any kind of risk, ever, and that kept his team in a lot of games, but it also never gave his team any chance to steal wins.

Even Haley's approach to last offseson was risky, and it blew up in his face.

I still believe that, in time, he'll grow, and when he does, he will be a damn good head coach.

He just wasn't prepared for this opportunity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8759866)
Plenty of time to come up with a handful of plays and be more successful than Palko. Unless, of course, you believe its possible to be worse than 0 TDs and 6 INTs.

Seriously?

This is what you're going with?

LMAO

Dumbass.

kcxiv 07-22-2012 04:55 PM

Best part is when haley was on that nfl show being part of the crew and they were taking digs at KC's front office and QB. lol That shit was great, i wish i had it recorded.

BoneKrusher 07-22-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8759809)
No, I think Haley was horrendous b/c he was one of the worse game day coaches that I've seen in a long time. Completely and hopelessly lost on Sundays, and this quality and the suck of Cassel are mutually exclusive.

A-Men

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 05:13 PM

One of the worst, I meant. "Worse"?

And let's not pretend that Orton was sitting on a couch somewhere. The Palmer situation isn't analogous, though I know that Haley's super-duper-complicated offense would have made it difficult to learn even the barest essentials in 48-72 hours.

Draw!!!!

kcxiv 07-22-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8759997)
I can't say I disagree with this.

I am not sure that Haley was a worse head coach than Herman ****ing Edwards, though.

The blowouts might be telling to you, but the blowouts were, in large part, due to Haley's more aggressive style.

Herman ****ing Edwards wouldn't take any kind of risk, ever, and that kept his team in a lot of games, but it also never gave his team any chance to steal wins.

Even Haley's approach to last offseson was risky, and it blew up in his face.

I still believe that, in time, he'll grow, and when he does, he will be a damn good head coach.

He just wasn't prepared for this opportunity.

Seriously?

This is what you're going with?

LMAO

Dumbass.

i agree. Didnt Pioli trade for Cassel before he hired Haley? Im not quite sure on that.

I liked Haley and he was a first time HC anywhere i beleive, i think he's gonna get another shot somewhere and this time will have a chance to pick a qb, not have one force fed down his throat.

I also remember Herm saying Punts were a good thing. lol Lets not forget that Herm threw the team under the bus after every loss. I did my job, they didnt do theirs. what kind of bullshit is that. I rather go for the gusto and try to take a win then just sit back hoping the other team makes a mistake. Good teams with good qb's go for it, not wait.

DaWolf 07-22-2012 06:05 PM

The big thing to me is that there was never any stability with the coaching staff. There was never any rhyme or reason to his gameday coaching. To me, they are both indicators of a guy who has no idea what he wants to do, no idea how he wants to build a team, and no idea how to lead. He belongs right where he is, as an OC for an offense headed by a Super Bowl winning QB, and under a boss who actually knows how to lead men. In other words, a position pretty much any competent OC could be successful in. Haley is not head coaching material...

The Mayor 07-22-2012 07:03 PM

The performances at Arrowhead were completely inexcusable! With that said I liked having a guy with so much enthusiasm. When BFlowers picked off Palmer in Oak and took it back for six, Haley raced down the entire sideline with him. It was such a contrast to Herm.

Molitoth 07-22-2012 07:38 PM

I liked Haley, and think he can thrive in the proper situation.

Polio has too much control here, and I think Haley clashed with him on a lot of his decisions. (Like Cassel as QB)

notorious 07-22-2012 07:39 PM

I hope he fails miserably in Pittsburgh. That spoiled fanbase deserves about 20-25 years of disappointment.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8760281)
I hope he fails miserably in Pittsburgh. That spoiled fanbase deserves about 20-25 years of disappointment.

LMAO

Haley is far too smart to fail anywhere with a good QB.

I've always liked his playcalling, even here.

Lousy HC, but excellent OC.

notorious 07-22-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760286)
LMAO

Probably.

Rapelisburger will make him look like a genius, just like Warner did.

But seriously, **** the spoiled Pittsburgh fanbase.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 07:47 PM

They went through a lot of lean years, just like us, although their idea of a lean year is 10-6.

They are now enjoying a franchise QB, so we should not hate.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 07:52 PM

do you think one day Chiefs fans can enjoy a franchise QB?

Molitoth 07-22-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Running mccluster between the tackles is questionable.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 07:59 PM

God damn it! Reading this crap really iritates me. EVERYONE knows Matt is nothing special except the people who can do something about it. Turn up the heat Stanzi, your our only hope.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759825)
Agree to disagree. If you think Haley was one of the worst, then you're in for a real treat with Romeo.

Somehow, someway, it's comforting to know that you're still a ****ing reerun.

TimeForWasp 07-22-2012 08:01 PM

I liked Haley. Old news now. I hope the Packers game wasn't a one hit wonder for Crennel, that's all I hope. We do have more talent, but I think Haley got ****ed. Doesn't matter now. We have who we have. I just hope Stanzi shines.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760296)

Someday, lad, all this will be yours.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploa...tana-Walsh.jpg

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8760303)
Running mccluster between the tackles is questionable.

What does that and McCluster draws on 3rd and long tell you about Haley's thoughts on Cassel. But round and round we go.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:04 PM

People will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/KxgEiPaqAlY/hqdefault.jpg

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Can't enjoy it if you don't even try to find it.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

LMAO

LMAO

Based on what, exactly? One year in Phoenix, where he was a foot shuffling porter to Whisenhunt?

Your hatred of the Chiefs has completely clouded your judgment.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-22-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8760287)
Probably.

Rapelisburger will make him look like a genius, just like Warner did.

But seriously, **** the spoiled Pittsburgh fanbase.

Only about 20% of their "fans" are from Pittsburgh. Give me shit because my team sucks, that is fine...coming from a Pittsburgh native that is ok because that's your hometown team and you're not a bandwagon fan. But I hate it when the bandwagon fans give the die hard fans of opposing teams that are less fortunate shit. Like I tell all the "fans" of successful teams that give me crap at work...at least my team is my hometown team. Then they shut up for the day.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:05 PM

Haley was fine with Tony Romo. He was passing game coordinator during Romo's first year.

FYI, Haley was OC two years in AZ.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 08:07 PM

Haley put Warner back on the map as a name/player/etc. Dude was a backup of a backup.

milkman 07-22-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Build a time machine and travel back to the mid to late 60s and early 70s.

At this point in time, that seems like the most likely way for that to happen.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760328)
Haley put Warner back on the map as a name/player/etc. Dude was a backup of a backup.

If this isn't a joke, your owner needs to take in for a spay, ASAP.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760312)
Somehow, someway, it's comforting to know that you're still a ****ing reerun.

Not in this instance I'm not. Unless you're reading this out of context. Romeo was a horrendous game manager in Cleveland. I think you'll find very few people who would disagree with me here.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760334)
If this isn't a joke, your owner needs to take in for a spay ASAP.

are you even speaking English here? something about the ASPCA I guess?

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8760335)
Not in this instance I'm not. Unless you're reading this out of context. Romeo was a horrendous game manager in Cleveland. I think you'll find very few people who would disagree with me here.

And he was very soft on his players.

Crennel MIGHT be a good head coach for a veteran, established team like the Patriots.

I think he's a HORRIBLE head coach for a young team that doesn't have a lot of clear cut veteran leaders.

milkman 07-22-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

I like Haley, but let's not get carried away here.

Warner hand a thumb issue that never really healed while with the Rams the last season, then signed with a team (the Giants) that he really wasn't a good fit.

Leinart played himself out of the job in Phoenix, and when Warner got the opportunity he ran with it.

Haley didn't put him back on the map.

That was all Warner.

Brock 07-22-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Brock 07-22-2012 08:15 PM

Maybe after Haley's done fixing Roethlisberger he can go work his magic on Eli or Brady.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760339)

Crennel MIGHT be a good head coach for a veteran, established team like the Patriots.

I think he's a HORRIBLE head coach for a young team that doesn't have a lot of clear cut veteran leaders.

I'm giving him a chance to prove otherwise, but I agree with you. I'm not crazy about the hire. I think we usually see with player's coaches that players play hard for them for a year or 2, and then the team starts to go soft.

That being said, at the very least, I think Pioli's built a better team full of leaders and hard working players that Cleveland did not -- nobody expects guys like Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards to lead a team. So maybe it will be fine this time around. But in terms of game management, unless he's done a 180, we're going to see a game manager who will bring us back to the days of Herm Edwards. Some of the avid Browns fans I spoke to told me to expect 2 challenges a game wasted on plays that aren't even close.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760336)
are you even speaking English here? something about the ASPCA I guess?

Dumber than I remembered.

And no, I'm typing on a mobile device, but clearly, you weren't able to figure out the gist of my post.

Which is not at all surprising.

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8760348)
Maybe after Haley's done fixing Roethlisberger he can go work his magic on Eli or Brady.

There's a decent chance he can turn him into a SB-winning QB.

"But his work ethic is better! Haley motivated him!"

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760339)

Your word should be treated as the gold standard because of the accuracy of your past predictions.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:18 PM

I think the whole hire is a farce anyway.

No one wanted to work with Pioli.

And no respectable OC wanted to work with Cassel.

So we were forced into Romeo by default, and we hired an OC that needed to eat some shit to advance his career.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760350)
Dumber than I remembered.

And no, I'm typing on a mobile device, but clearly, you weren't able to figure out the gist of my post.

Which is not at all surprising.

I can't figure it out because you type like a half-idiot, which is also, not surprising.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8760335)

And those "people" would like be as ****ing stupid as you.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760355)
I think the whole hire is a farce anyway.

No one wanted to work with Pioli.

And no respectable OC wanted to work with Cassel.

So we were forced into Romeo by default, and we hired an OC that needed to eat some shit to advance his career.

Just curious, if Pioli admits his mistake this year with Cassel, are you on board with Pioli and Crennel?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760358)
I can't figure it out because you type like a half-idiot, which is also, not surprising.

Great comeback, smart guy! Now, do us all a favor and get back to pleasuring your mother.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760367)
Great comeback, smart guy! Now, do us all a favor and get back to pleasuring your mother.

My mother is dead.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760365)
Just curious, if Pioli admits his mistake this year with Cassel, are you on board with Pioli and Crennel?

If it results in wins.

Pioli has backed himself into a corner where, if we lose because of Matt Cassel, he has the appealing options of Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi.

The fact that people can't recognize this for the epic failure it is continually astounds me.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760365)

"Admit" a mistake after four seasons? Is that even possible?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760369)
My mother is dead.

That didn't seem to matter ten minutes ago.

:shrug:

Brock 07-22-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760369)
My mother is dead.

Try one of those new trojan finger vibes!

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8760380)
Try one of those new trojan finger vibes!

LMAO

I think Dane just found Chiefsplanet a burst.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760373)
If it results in wins.

Pioli has backed himself into a corner where, if we lose because of Matt Cassel, he has the appealing options of Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi.

The fact that people can't recognize this for the epic failure it is continually astounds me.

I understand Pioli has messed up in regards to his inability to improve the most important position on the field. I guess I am trying to figure out if your hate for the heads of the org. are stemmed from Cassel or what. If it is because of Cassel, I can understand, he's shown his abilities. But you have to admit, your frustrations towards Pioli appear, at least in my eyes, to leak into other areas that it probably shouldn't.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760374)
"Admit" a mistake after four seasons? Is that even possible?

You're just on full blast, aren't you? Welcome back.

Coogs 07-22-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8760340)
Warner... then signed with a team (the Giants) that he really wasn't a good fit.

Leinart played himself out of the job in Phoenix, and when Warner got the opportunity he ran with it.

Haley didn't put him back on the map.

That was all Warner.

Interesting theory.

Warner didn't do very well in NY because of the system... which would be coaching... yet flourished in Arizona but the coaching didn't have anything to do with it.

And no, I am not saying all the credit should go to Haley.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760361)
And those "people" would like be as ****ing stupid as you.

This is not the argument you want to hang your hat on. Romeo wasn't considered a joke of a game manager in just Cleveland. He was considered a joke around the league.

The most memorable moment was the game where I remember watching him call a timeout, sprint down the sidelines to make an ill-advised challenge, then lose the challenge (the Browns burned two timeouts). I also recall that in his short stint with Kansas City, he made a mind-numbingly dumb challenge on a reception where the receiver had two feet down by an absolute mile.

And if you want extra validation:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/tag/.../romeo-crennel
"I've got Romeo Crennel with an 0-13 challenge record at home, but 4-6 on the road." 4 for 19. That's less than a 25% success rate. Yikes.

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

:spock:

milkman 07-22-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8760395)
Interesting theory.

Warner didn't do very well in NY because of the system... which would be coaching... yet flourished in Arizona but the coaching didn't have anything to do with it.

And no, I am not saying all the credit should go to Haley.

He didn't do well in New York because of philosophy.

Philosophy is dictated by coaching so you can draw that conclusion.

But to say he didnt do well is something of a misnomer.

He didn't play up to the level in New York that he did in St. Louis or Phoenix, but he did actually do a respectable job.

He just isn't a play action QB.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8760403)
This is not the argument you want to hang your hat on. Romeo wasn't considered a joke of a game manager in just Cleveland. He was considered a joke around the league.

The most memorable moment was the game where I remember watching him call a timeout, sprint down the sidelines to make an ill-advised challenge, then lose the challenge (the Browns burned two timeouts). I also recall that in his short stint with Kansas City, he made a mind-numbingly dumb challenge on a reception where the receiver had two feet down by an absolute mile.

"I've got Romeo Crennel with an 0-13 challenge record at home, but 4-6 on the road." 4 for 19. That's less than a 25% success rate. Yikes.

Belichick is the same guy in New England as he was in Cleveland.

Tom Coughlin is the same guy in New York as he was in Jacksonville.

Coogs 07-22-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8760408)
He didn't do well in New York because of philosophy.

Philosophy is dictated by coaching so you can draw that conclusion.

But to say he didnt do well is something of a misnomer.

He didn't play up to the level in New York that he did in St. Louis or Phoenix, but he did actually do a respectable job.

He just isn't a play action QB.

Fair enough.

kcxiv 07-22-2012 09:45 PM

Coughlin and Bill went from Shit as a qb, to Manning and Brady

lol Romeo, went from Shit to Cassel. lol HUGE HUGE HUGE ****ing difference.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Holy SHIT.

Well, at least I won't have to write a declaration of independence from romeo. He'll die of old age before the proletariat rises up.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760389)
I understand Pioli has messed up in regards to his inability to improve the most important position on the field. I guess I am trying to figure out if your hate for the heads of the org. are stemmed from Cassel or what. If it is because of Cassel, I can understand, he's shown his abilities. But you have to admit, your frustrations towards Pioli appear, at least in my eyes, to leak into other areas that it probably shouldn't.

Really? You like Romeo Crennel? You like Brian Daboll? You liked the 2011 draft? You liked the 2009 draft? You liked Dexter McCluster?

There's lots of shit Pioli has ****ed up. The 2010 and 2011 drafts were OK. Our free agent class this year is OK. Other than that, it's not hard to understand why we've only won 21 games in 3 years.

And shit like Dwayne Bowe doesn't help to change my opinion.

Chiefshrink 07-22-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8759421)
I'll always think the guy would have had us In the superbowl if he had a quarterback.

His dad probably agrees with that.

Yep !

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760502)
Really? You like Romeo Crennel? You like Brian Daboll? You liked the 2011 draft? You liked the 2009 draft? You liked Dexter McCluster?

There's lots of shit Pioli has ****ed up. The 2010 and 2011 drafts were OK. Our free agent class this year is OK. Other than that, it's not hard to understand why we've only won 21 games in 3 years

And shit like Dwayne Bowe doesn't help to change my opinion.

As you started earlier, who would be hired with cassel as qb. You can't contradict yourself. Thats what I was wondering. I think Crennel shouldget another shot. But like you said Cassel is the reason they couldn't hire a better OC or HC.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760512)
As you started earlier, who would be hired with cassel as qb.

If Pioli can't get a decent HC to come here to work with Cassel, the answer is clear.

The hope some fans have this year is absolutely audacious. The wool has been pulled over their eyes (and I'm not talking about anyone here).

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760520)
If Pioli can't get a decent HC to come here to work with Cassel, the answer is clear.

The hope some fans have this year is absolutely audacious. The wool has been pulled over their eyes (and I'm not talking about anyone here).

So this cycles back to my question: if Pioli demotes Cassel this season, do you forgive him?

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760527)
So this cycles back to my question: if Pioli demotes Cassel this season, do you forgive him?

If we win.

If not, no, because that will be two years in a row he ****ed up the backup QB position.

Fool me once...

I have very serious doubts he will ever allow Cassel to be benched. And if that doesn't happen, and he's here a 5th year, this whole place will be done with him.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8760498)
Coughlin and Bill went from Shit as a qb, to Manning and Brady

Um, no. Not even close.

Or do you think that Mark Brunell in his prime was shit? And while Vinnie Testaverde never lived up to his #1 overall draft billing (read: Super Bowl victory), he was far from "shit" in Cleveland, Baltimore and later, the NY Jets.

Wrong answer.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

His challenge record was poor? Oh, then fire him now.

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:12 PM

You know who else sucked at challenges?

He was black and 200 lbs lighter.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760541)

Please illustrate Romeo Crennel's colossal ****ups in the three weeks he spent as Chiefs head coach.

Thanks in advance.

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760545)
Please illustrate Romeo Crennel's colossal ****ups in the three weeks he spent as Chiefs head coach.

Thanks in advance.

Wasn't it Romeo's first game as HC, and the Chiefs were flagged for 12 men on the field very early? I'm thinking the first series or something?

And there was all sorts of talk about "renewed commitment" and "attention to detail" circulating in the media the week leading up to the game.

But it was "same old Chiefs." I could be wrong and am ****ing up the timeline on this.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8760549)
But it was "same old Chiefs." I could be wrong and am ****ing up the timeline on this.

Yeah, same old Chiefs beat the previously undefeated Packers decisively with Jackie Battle running the ball, Barry Richardson manning the right tackle spot, Sabby Piscatelli at safety and Kyle Orton as the QB.

Juggernaut of offensive and defensive talent.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760541)

Yeah, well, he's black. Of course he's sucks at challenges.

:facepalm:

Racist, much?

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760545)

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I can't.

I just know in my gut that a team of Romeo, Daboll and Cassel is a freaking joke.

I mean, we should have someone who's accomplished something in their current position SOMEWHERE among those three positions if we want to actually beat people, don't you think?

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760531)
If we win.

If not, no, because that will be two years in a row he ****ed up the backup QB position.

Fool me once...

I have very serious doubts he will ever allow Cassel to be benched. And if that doesn't happen, and he's here a 5th year, this whole place will be done with him.

Trust me if that happens I will have my pitchfork sharp while standing next to you.