ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:24 AM

again....just gonna point out to the morons out there that it was 3rd n 7 and not 4th n 7.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9312891)
After Flacco scrambled and the clock was running down, the ONLY way Denver was going to lose was on a play like that where the reciever got behind their umbrella. Rahim should have been at least 5-10 yards deeper at the start of the play, Jones can fly.

he ran up on the ball like he was going to pick it

and then it floated over his head 10 yards right to Jacoby Jones

it was ****ing awful, and indefensible

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312895)
pretty sure if you call a pass on 3rd and 7 in that situation PM knows not to force it and at the very worst he

1) takes a sack
2) throws an incompletion

not a big difference between 1:50 and 1:15 in today's NFL...which Flacco proved.

Obviously, they should have put it in Peyton's hands, but 35 seconds is HUGE in late game situations. Plays like the one to Jones are flukes.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:29 AM

I'd take 1:50 and an attempt to win the game on 3rd down over conservative pussy ass bullshit and 1:15 if I have Peyton Manning 10 times out of 10

GUARANTEE Belichick throws in that situation.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:30 AM

and I called as much in the game thread

I said

"gee, I'd pass here, especially considering what happened at the end of the first half. But this is John Fox, so he'll run."

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312921)
I'd take 1:50 and an attempt to win the game on 3rd down over conservative pussy ass bullshit and 1:15 if I have Peyton Manning 10 times out of 10

GUARANTEE Belichick throws in that situation.

I agree. That's a play you call with someone like Cassel at QB. I was laughing watching it going well at least Baltimore still has a shot if they connect on another bomb.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9312900)
Balt was out of timeouts, so they took the clock from 2 minutes to 1:20 and usually will win you the game when they have to go 80 plus yards without a timeout. They just didn't play the coverage to dictate the situation.

They called a TO after running the ball on 3rd n 7

why are people forgetting this? DEN stopped the ****ing clock for BAL

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312944)
They called a TO after running the ball on 3rd n 7

why are people forgetting this? DEN stopped the ****ing clock for BAL

:spock:

yeah they called a TO once they play clock got to 0

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:39 AM

I have no idea what Como is talking about. They ran the play clock all the way down, so it really didn't matter.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:40 AM

the 1990 NFL philosophies have to die

that 3rd and 7 run and those kneel downs were fireable offenses

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:42 AM

You punt on 4th down people.

JFC

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:45 AM

wtf are you talking about?

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:46 AM

I will say in the first half on 4th and 7 when they attempted a 53 yarder in -5 weather...Belichick lets Tom throw for the 1st there, as well. Demaryius dropping that 1st down throw also ****ed the Broncos on that drive....at the very least a 10 point swing.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:48 AM

I never have liked 50 plus FG attempts on yardage less than 8 or in non end of half/game situations. The improved accuracy of kickers in that range has made the decisions easier to swallow, but still.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9312953)
I have no idea what Como is talking about. They ran the play clock all the way down, so it really didn't matter.

Here's an idea.....

Don't waste a ****ing 3rd down by running the ball and setting up for a punt.

There's NO excuse for that.....it wasn't 3rd n 17..it was 7 god damn yards and you have the best cerebral QB of this generation on your team.

a 1st down wins the game.....nuff said.

no reason to argue any further with the Hermanites on this board. This isn't 1989

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312972)
wtf are you talking about?

They essentially wasted a 3rd down by running a play that 99% wouldn't result in a first down

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312994)
Here's an idea.....

Don't waste a ****ing 3rd down by running the ball and setting up for a punt.

There's NO excuse for that.....it wasn't 3rd n 17..it was 7 god damn yards and you have the best cerebral QB of this generation on your team.

a 1st down wins the game.....nuff said.

no reason to argue any further with the Hermanites on this board. This isn't 1989

I agree with you. I thought you were trying to say Denver called a timeout right after that. I was just saying that milking the clock like that is used by MANY coaches well over a majority of times in situations similar to this. Horrible decision with Manning at QB.

O.city 01-13-2013 12:23 PM

ESPN had the Broncos at a 98% chance of winning the game at the time of the snap Flacco hit the deep ball.

-King- 01-13-2013 02:19 PM

This is ****ing hilarious. How can you in the same breath say that Peyton Manning is a choker.... and then say the Broncos should have put the ball in his hands on a crucial 3rd and 7?

-King- 01-13-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312895)
pretty sure if you call a pass on 3rd and 7 in that situation PM knows not to force it and at the very worst he

1) takes a sack
2) throws an incompletion

not a big difference between 1:50 and 1:15 in today's NFL...which Flacco proved.

He proved it by throwing a fluke 70 yard TD pass. That fluke play could have happened with 5 seconds left. Would you say "Not a big difference between 1:50 and 5 seconds in today's NFL... which Flacco proved" in that situation?

There is a huge difference in 1:50 and 1:15. That's AT LEAST 3 to 4 more plays.

crossbow 01-13-2013 02:35 PM

A field goal wins it and an idiot coach loses it.

htismaqe 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

Looks like John will have some company tonight. Way to go, Pete Carroll.

1ChiefsDan 01-13-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9312614)
Don't forget he did the same GD thing at the end of the 1st half too with all three timeouts. Here's to Hermfox staying in Denver for years to come.

I told my donk loving BIL that Fox and fivehead were a match made in heaven for Chiefs fans. Neither can win in the post season.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:00 PM

I don't know what to tell you King, other than you are wrong.

and Flacco proved you wrong.

If you have a shot to win a game on a 3rd and 7 with a QB who is pretty good at 7 yard passes you *HERM VOICE* PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

you don't punt it back to the other team just so you can bleed another 35 seconds off the clock

and Flacco showed you why

how do you not understand this? Are you Marty's kid?

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:02 PM

the worst thing that could have happened, I guess, is a pick 6...and in that case at least you get the ball back with 1:50, 3 T.O.'s and all you need is a field goal!

You know, rather than 30 seconds, 2 T.O.'s so you can kneel the ball for some reason!

It's 2013 King...time for you to realize this is a passing game and that giving a team a shot to beat you is a bad, bad idea.

You watch the Hawks/Falcons game? Did you think Russel Wilson wasn't going to score that TD? Did you then see how easily Matt Ryan put them into field goal range?

in today's NFL you want to find a way to get to victory formation (unless you are Philip Rivers)...and the Broncos had that chance but instead elected to Marty it on 3rd and 7 and give Flacco the opportunity to do what he did.

BAD COACHING

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9313908)
He proved it by throwing a fluke 70 yard TD pass. That fluke play could have happened with 5 seconds left. Would you say "Not a big difference between 1:50 and 5 seconds in today's NFL... which Flacco proved" in that situation?

There is a huge difference in 1:50 and 1:15. That's AT LEAST 3 to 4 more plays.

If Peyton Manning makes a simple 7 yd pass, game over....Donks win.

Instead they take the ball out of the hands of one of the best QB's to ever play this game and run a play that is 99% sure to not get anywhere close to getting a first down.

At least TRY to complete a 7yd pass. I mean ****ing try when you have Peyton ****ing Manning on your team. If it doesn't work out...if he gets sacked or throws an incompletion, then ok....you then need to punt on 4th down.

THIS IS 3RD DOWN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE FOLKS, and you have Peyton ****ing Manning as your QB...not Matt Cassel.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:03 PM

agreed...and if nothing is open he can just do his patented Manning fetal flop and the clock runs as well...

but at least play-action and see if you can get an open 8 yarder...the percentage of him throwing a pick in that situation is probably less than, you know, WHAT ENDED UP HAPPENING.

-King- 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315137)
I don't know what to tell you King, other than you are wrong.

and Flacco proved you wrong.

How the **** did he prove me wrong? Because he threw a 70 yard fluke bomb?

Quote:

If you have a shot to win a game on a 3rd and 7 with a QB who is pretty good at 7 yard passes you *HERM VOICE* PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
I thought he was a choker?

If YOU admit that he's a choker, then how the hell can you say that he should have the ball in his hands in a crucial late game situation? Can't have it both ways.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

Fox's incompetence reached RAC levels.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315163)

If YOU admit that he's a choker, then how the hell can you say that he should have the ball in his hands in a crucial late game situation? Can't have it both ways.

If Peyton found a way to turn that into a pick 6, that's on him. Not Fox. I don't know what to tell you. Peyton is a superstar, if he's a choker, he's a choker...but you let your best player win games for you if given the situation.

I honestly don't know why you are so thick headed here. You realize you're the only one that agrees with the run on that 3rd down call on this website? I've yet to see one post that is like "yeah, you run there."

MAYBE if Denver's defense wasn't playing like shit and MAYBE if Joe Flacco hadn't already scored one TD against that very same prevent defense at the end of the first half and MAYBE if you don't have Peyton Manning.

that's a lot of maybes

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315163)

So do you think Fox made the right call by running the ball then, taking it out of Manning's hands on 3rd n 7?

Can you give me a real answer that's not ridiculous ?

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:12 PM

yes, he does

I don't know why, but he does

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:15 PM

seriously

John Fox committed at least 2 fireable offenses yesterday.

and that safety should have probably immediately been cut after the game

it's a good thing I'm not the GM!

RunKC 01-13-2013 05:20 PM

Anybody notice that the Atlanta Falcons had the ball with less than 30 seconds left like the Broncos did, and they won the freaking game because their coach wasn't a giant pussy?

Oh that makes this so much more epic LMAO

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:23 PM

here is my only defense to the whole thing

maybe Peyton really couldn't throw the ball 20-30 yards.

Their offense was dink and dunk ball control 10-15 yard dig routes the whole game...

maybe they thought if he aired it out at the end he'd throw a duck that would result in a pick, and they had a better chance to get a stop in OT and dink and dunk their way to field goal range like they tried doing a few times before they got stuffed on 3rd and 1 and Peyton threw a terrible pick

but that still doesn't mean you run the ball on 3rd and 7 when Peyton could clearly throw an 8 yard pass and had been doing it effectively the entire game AND had a situation where play-action probably would have left someone open for a quick hitter as well

-King- 01-13-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315182)
If Peyton found a way to turn that into a pick 6, that's on him. Not Fox. I don't know what to tell you. Peyton is a superstar, if he's a choker, he's a choker...but you let your best player win games for you if given the situation.

I honestly don't know why you are so thick headed here. You realize you're the only one that agrees with the run on that 3rd down call on this website? I've yet to see one post that is like "yeah, you run there."

MAYBE if Denver's defense wasn't playing like shit and MAYBE if Joe Flacco hadn't already scored one TD against that very same prevent defense at the end of the first half and MAYBE if you don't have Peyton Manning.

that's a lot of maybes

And maybe if Manning didn't have a history of melting down at crucial points in postseason games, he'd be trusted more. But...

But in that situation, you have to take the most time off the clock as possible.

But hey, according to you, 1:15 is the same as 1:50 so I don't think clock management is your strong suite.

Once again, you can't say somebody is a choker and then insist that they should have the ball in their hands in crucial late game situations. That's a contradiction.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:25 PM

if that's the case though and old Manning can't throw 30 yards any more in the cold then Denver isn't going to win anything anytime soon

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315239)
And maybe if Manning didn't have a history of melting down at crucial points in postseason games, he'd be trusted more. But...

But in that situation, you have to take the most time off the clock as possible.

But hey, according to you, 1:15 is the same as 1:50 so I don't think clock management is your strong suite.

Once again, you can't say somebody is a choker and then insist that they should have the ball in their hands in crucial late game situations. That's a contradiction.

in that situation...the difference between 1:15 and 1:50 wasn't enough to warrant not trying to win the game right then and there by passing the ball on 3rd and 7

if it left 30 seconds on the clock that's one thing...then you go ahead and run and punt

anything over a minute, you pass

1:00, even with no timeouts, is MORE than enough time to at least get to a position where you can throw a couple of passes into the end zone, especially against a prevent defense.

whether or not Peyton is a choker is irrelevant

the fact you don't grasp this basic concept makes me think less of you

not a big sports fan?!!?

:p

milkman 01-13-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315239)

It really isn't a contradiction.

I don't care if it's Matt Cassel in that situation, I am going for the first down.

I know full well that the chances are very good that Matt Cassel ****s up, but I am going down swinging, regardless.

I am not going to throw in the towel.

Playing not to lose leads to losing.

I'd rather lose aggressively than lose like a pussy.

-King- 01-13-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315182)

On that same token, no one other than CoMo is really backing you up. In the game thread, the only other person that made a big deal out of it was KC_Connection.

CoMo and KC_Connection are not a group of people I'd be proud to have on my side...

milkman 01-13-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315271)
On that same token, no one other than CoMo is really backing you up. In the game thread, the only other person that made a big deal out of it was KC_Connection.

CoMo and KC_Connection are not a group of people I'd be proud to have on my side...

A broken clock is right twice a day.

-King- 01-13-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9315266)
It really isn't a contradiction.

I don't care if it's Matt Cassel in that situation, I am going for the first down.

I know full well that the chances are very good that Matt Cassel ****s up, but I am going down swinging, regardless.

I am not going to throw in the towel.

Playing not to lose leads to losing.

I'd rather lose aggressively than lose like a pussy.

I don't consider running the ball on 3rd and 7 with less than 2:00 left and with the opponent having no timeouts playing not to lose.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9315284)
I don't consider running the ball on 3rd and 7 with less than 2:00 left and with the opponent having no timeouts playing not to lose.

and Marty is your favorite coach

milkman 01-13-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

In a passing league,where all the rules favor the offense, especially inside of two minutes, it is absolutely playing not to lose.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:39 PM

remember when BB went for it on 4th and 2 in their own territory to try and keep the ball out of Manning's hands only for Indy to stop them and then drive 30 yards for the win?

that was highly criticized

but at least Belichick realized he had a chance to win it right then and there and he rather trust his guy to get 2 yards and not have to trust his defense to keep Peyton out of the end zone

this was 3RD DOWN...all he had to do was complete a 7 yard pass...and they win

but instead you think punting (where a number of things could go wrong as well) and giving Joe Flacco 75 seconds (he can throw 65 yards no problem) is a better way to win the game.

O.city 01-13-2013 05:41 PM

Denver also had a top 3 defense this year, where as that Pats D was asshole.

I get what you are saying and I might have threw the ball there, but what he did was understandable.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:41 PM

at the very least they had a 50/50 chance of winning the game right then and there with a pass...and had he thrown an incompletion or even an interception...they still would have been in a similar spot as they were when they allowed the touchdown anyways

look if the other QB was Mark Sanchez or Matt Cassel sure, go ahead and run and punt

but Flacco did the same thing last year to New England, has a freaking cannon, and had receivers who were abusing the Denver secondary in passing situations

I'm taking my chance with a 7 yard pass over watching Torrey Smith potentially rape Champ ALL PRO Bailey again

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9315332)
Denver also had a top 3 defense this year, where as that Pats D was asshole.

I get what you are saying and I might have threw the ball there, but what he did was understandable.

it was 1990s play not to lose ball

the sooner people figure out this is a total passing league the smarter this world will be

Coogs 01-13-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

And a 7 point lead.

If I were a Bronco fan, I'd probably be pissed as hell that the Ravens scored to tie the game. Should have never ever happened. The QB slightly underthrew the WR too. Morris really screwed the pooch on that play.

But I might have been even more pissed if we would have passed... had it be incomplete... and have the Ravens tie it right at the end due to the extra time on the clock.

Even if the first down does seal the deal.

O.city 01-13-2013 05:44 PM

I think alot of it also had to do with the fact that Manning just doesn't have the arm strength or didn't last night in the cold.

Coogs 01-13-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9315305)
In a passing league,where all the rules favor the offense, especially inside of two minutes, it is absolutely playing not to lose.

Don't agree. I think it was a smart decision to hand it ver to the defense given the situation.

You just wouldn't expect the defense to make that major of a bluunder... rules favoring the offense be damned.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:47 PM

if I were a Bronco fan and the MVP of the league was my QB and we didn't play to win the game on 3rd and 7, I'd expect exactly what happened to happen because it's terrible coaching.

Hootie 01-13-2013 05:50 PM

I do agree that that safety made the worst play in the history of the world...

but did they forget about the end of the 1st half when they played prevent defense and Flacco threw a pretty easy TD anyways?

I mean, come the **** on. If you have an elite QB in today's NFL you throw the ball on 3rd and 7 to WIN THE GAME THEN AND THERE.

You also tell the QB to make a good decision, to not throw the ball away, and if nothing is open to take the sack or fetal up.

milkman 01-13-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9315361)
Don't agree. I think it was a smart decision to hand it ver to the defense given the situation.

You just wouldn't expect the defense to make that major of a bluunder... rules favoring the offense be damned.

Do you not understand?

Even Steve Bono led the Chiefs on (what was it) a 76 yard TD drive with less than a minute and a half on the clock a few years ago, even before the rules were tweaked to favor offense.

That blunder very likely only shortened the length of time the TD took.

Coogs 01-13-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315363)
if I were a Bronco fan and the MVP of the league was my QB and we didn't play to win the game on 3rd and 7, I'd expect exactly what happened to happen because it's terrible coaching.

I happen to think they did play to win the game with that decision. And for all intents and purposes, they did have it won. 40 seconds or so to go. Ravens on the 30. No timeouts. TD to tie. You couldn't have been setting there thinking the Broncos had ****ed up.

It's easy after the fact to look back as say they should have tried the pass.

Coogs 01-13-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9315385)
Do you not understand?

Even Steve Bono led the Chiefs on (what was it) a 76 yard TD drive with less than a minute and a half on the clock a few years ago, even before the rules were tweaked to favor offense.

That blunder very likely only shortened the length of time the TD took.

I disagree. That pass gets knocked down like it should have, and you now have 70 yards to go and only 30 seconds, no TO's. I take my chances with the defense.

Hootie 01-13-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9315412)
I happen to think they did play to win the game with that decision. And for all intents and purposes, they did have it won. 40 seconds or so to go. Ravens on the 30. No timeouts. TD to tie. You couldn't have been setting there thinking the Broncos had ****ed up.

It's easy after the fact to look back as say they should have tried the pass.

I agree, that was a very big fluke.

but the fluke was allowed to happen because the Broncos elected to let them have the ball back without even trying to win the game right then and there, on that 3rd down

Coogs 01-13-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315446)
I agree, that was a very big fluke.

but the fluke was allowed to happen because the Broncos elected to let them have the ball back without even trying to win the game right then and there, on that 3rd down

If the Ravens would have had TO's left, I would have agreed with you. But at the point of the call, I would have ran it too. BECAUSE of the fact the Ravens had no TO's left.

Hell, even a completion inbounds was going to damn near run the clock down to next to nothing. Talking ball at 30 with 40 seconds left for Ravens.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9315223)
Anybody notice that the Atlanta Falcons had the ball with less than 30 seconds left like the Broncos did, and they won the freaking game because their coach wasn't a giant pussy?

Oh that makes this so much more epic LMAO

Yep, adds a bit more flavor to already tasty tears.

Sorter 01-14-2013 12:11 AM

http://i43.tinypic.com/so4g0k.jpg

Bump 01-14-2013 01:10 AM

ya, they played straight up Herm style. Fox went full marty.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 01:25 AM

The people who secretly love Herm Edwards have really been coming out of the closet in this thread....LMAO just ****ing unbelievable really.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this. It was 3rd ****ing down. They only had 7 yds to go...it wasn't 12 or 15yds....it was 7. Denver signed Peyton Manning for a shit ton of money not so he can run the ****ing ball on 3rd n 7 in crucial situation where a 1st down WINS YOU THE GAME. He's prob the best QB along w/ Brady of this generation. You put the ball in his hands to make a 3rd down conversion.

Some of you are going full Herm-tard and are afraid that Manning will throw an INT in that scenario. I mean that's playing it as conservative as humanly ****ing possible. If he throws an INT, then ya know what? That's on Manning, not Fox. But chances are Manning is more likely to either take a sack, or throw an incomplete pass if the guy isn't open. And if that happens then fine....it's 4th down and you punt the ball to the opposing offense and have your "3rd best NFL defense" try and stop the other team from going 80 yds.

If you convert 7 god damn yds, you win the ****ing game....you at least try to win the game in that scenario. No reason also to kneel w/ 30 sec left when you have 2 TO's. That was another bonehead mistake.

the Talking Can 01-14-2013 07:39 AM

you know you ****ed up when herm is piling on

on 810 this morning, asked if he would have kneeled with 30 secs

"no...I never had a peyton manning"

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316633)

ROFL

RNR 01-14-2013 08:08 AM

It might be noted that RegularSeasonWonderManning threw a pick in overtime. I wonder what the rap on Fox would have been had he allowed him to throw and the pick cost them the game in regulation~

the Talking Can 01-14-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316665)
It might be noted that RegularSeasonWonderManning threw a pick in overtime. I wonder what the rap on Fox would have been had he allowed him to throw and the pick cost them the game in regulation~

nothing

it would have been the hall of fame QBs fault

Crush 01-14-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316665)

I honestly don't think Fox would get rap for trying to win as a coach. It would just be another example of Manning choking in the playoffs. If I were a Donk fan, my biggest beef with Fox would kneeling down with three timeouts at the end of the first half and kneeling down with two timeouts at the end of the second half. The guy coached scared and wasted five timeouts in the process.

RNR 01-14-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316668)
nothing

it would have been the hall of fame QBs fault

There would be those who would point out they were at home and putting Manning in a hurry up situation in sub below conditions was risky or whatever~

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316633)

ROFL

Brock 01-14-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316680)
There would be those who would point out they were at home and putting Manning in a hurry up situation in sub below conditions was risky or whatever~

Not really, no. This is how the game is played.

Coogs 01-14-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9316550)
The people who secretly love Herm Edwards have really been coming out of the closet in this thread....LMAO just ****ing unbelievable really.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this. It was 3rd ****ing down. They only had 7 yds to go...it wasn't 12 or 15yds....it was 7. Denver signed Peyton Manning for a shit ton of money not so he can run the ****ing ball on 3rd n 7 in crucial situation where a 1st down WINS YOU THE GAME. He's prob the best QB along w/ Brady of this generation. You put the ball in his hands to make a 3rd down conversion.

Some of you are going full Herm-tard and are afraid that Manning will throw an INT in that scenario. I mean that's playing it as conservative as humanly ****ing possible. If he throws an INT, then ya know what? That's on Manning, not Fox. But chances are Manning is more likely to either take a sack, or throw an incomplete pass if the guy isn't open. And if that happens then fine....it's 4th down and you punt the ball to the opposing offense and have your "3rd best NFL defense" try and stop the other team from going 80 yds.

If you convert 7 god damn yds, you win the ****ing game....you at least try to win the game in that scenario. No reason also to kneel w/ 30 sec left when you have 2 TO's. That was another bonehead mistake.

I'm not saying you are wrong. It is just hard fault running the clock down to 1:15... and then punting. You have a 7 point lead... not a 3 point lead. They have no TO's. You have the 3rd rated defense in the league.

Seen a lot more teams win using that method than lose.

Now the kneel down and go to OT with 30 seconds and 2 TO's... you are spot on there.

Crush 01-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316680)

Then why is he the starting QB if they're not going to trust him to put the team on his back and do his damn job?

RNR 01-14-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316770)
Then why is he the starting QB if they're not going to trust him to put the team on his back and do his damn job?

You clearly have mistaken me for Bronco/Manning apologist. I was just pointing out that the 2nd guessing game goes on no matter what. A better question is how and the hell does a receiver get behind the safety to put them in that situation to begin with~

Coogs 01-14-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316791)
You clearly have mistaken me for Bronco/Manning apologist. I was just pointing out that the 2nd guessing game goes on no matter what. A better question is how and the hell does a receiver get behind the safety to put them in that situation to begin with~

:clap:

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 09:25 AM

7 yards....3rd down

you make it....you win the game....and the hail mary doesn't even happen.

you don't make it....you punt the ball....and hope the defense stops the opposing offense.

Chiefnj2 01-14-2013 09:42 AM

Didn't Manning come out and say that he audibled to a run on the 3rd and 7 play?

Maybe Manning and his coaches were aware that his arm was completely shot and that influenced the playcalling and approach to the game down the stretch.

Predarat 01-14-2013 09:56 AM

John Fox coached a horrible game. If Marty had Montana in that same situation at the end of the game, I think he would actually try to get a FG out of it. With Bono, Elvis ect he may take the knee like Fox did, but Fox had Paid A Ton ****ing Mooning!

-King- 01-14-2013 09:58 AM

“That was an audible,” Manning said of the 3rd-and-7 Hillman run. “Don’t put that on [offensive coordinator] MIke McCoy.”

http://m.si.com/1068859/offensive-ou...erence-finals/
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush 01-14-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316861)
Didn't Manning come out and say that he audibled to a run on the 3rd and 7 play?

Maybe Manning and his coaches were aware that his arm was completely shot and that influenced the playcalling and approach to the game down the stretch.

That still doesn't excuse wasting those two timeouts at the game. Hell, he did the same exact thing at the end of the first half with all three timeouts. Fox dun goofed and the consequences will never be the same.

Crush 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316791)

My bad. Yeah, Rahim Moore seriously ****ed up on that play.