ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610/810 Chiefs Planet call-in mob? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269722)

Rasputin 02-05-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9380909)
you thief!!

:)

Ha I've and others have used it before you came along n00b..

Tombstone ref & gifs are a CP lengendary icons.

Your cool to use Doc Holiday :thumb:

wazu 02-05-2013 11:12 PM

A big focus of any caller needs to include how much we HATE Alex Smith, and already plan to boo him until our voices are gone.

Wumbology 02-05-2013 11:15 PM

You lost me when you said "prognostications" but hey I'm always down to do what a large group of people are doing so sign me up.

KcMizzou 02-05-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9380799)
How about this?

only two teams in the last 10 years have selected a non-quarterback first overall. Houston took Mario Williams in 2006 and Miami took Jake Long in 2008. Both of these players were everything these franchises could have hoped for in a number one pick. They both made All-Pro teams and have been considered amongst the league's best at their respective positions. Yet it is possible that neither one will earn a second contract with their team. They have one combined playoff appearance amongst them, during Long's rookie year (Houston made the playoffs last year with Williams going on IR midway through last season). Despite his individual success, the Houston defense continued to be terrible after Williams was drafted. By the time it was good, they deemed him expendable. Long is facing a similar situation - he's a free agent after this season, but is having his worst year as a pro. Any relevance and improvement the Dolphins have going forward is going to be completely tied to Ryan Tannehill. A quarterback selected in the first-round.

YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE.

This is ****ing fantastic. Well said. :clap:

Fritz88 02-05-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9380539)
I am ****ing in.

Just tell me when.

Same here. Tell me when and I'll see if I can call in.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbology (Post 9381578)
You lost me when you said "prognostications" but hey I'm always down to do what a large group of people are doing so sign me up.

Why? I used the word correctly.

Wumbology 02-05-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9381598)
Why? I used the word correctly.

First time I've ever heard that word. I'm gonna use it in my English class on Thursday. I'll get an A and shit and they'll let me just skip that class for the rest of the semester.

KcMizzou 02-05-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbology (Post 9381607)
First time I've ever heard that word. I'm gonna use it in my English class on Thursday. I'll get an A and shit and they'll let me just skip that class for the rest of the semester.

LMAO

I'm glad you're there to learn, not teach.

Wumbology 02-05-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9381616)
LMAO

I hope you're there to learn, not teach.

I'm actually there for diversification purposes. You know how it is at UMKC. Every class needs that token white guy.

patteeu 02-05-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9380524)
Miller's mock is a perfect example of WTF? If Geno is good enough to be the 3rd pick then he is damn well good enough to be the 1st pick.

He pretty much said as much when he was on 810. He just doesn't think the Chiefs want him so he didn't mock it that way. Apparently he's trying to predict the draft rather than tell teams what they should be doing.

Cephalic Trauma 02-05-2013 11:51 PM

Did this ever go down?

TLO 02-05-2013 11:55 PM

Soccer sucks.

That is all.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9381623)
Did this ever go down?

Call it "on alert." If people ever get advanced notice of one of these Miller/Zoebel types showing up on the radio, we'll have to organize quickly, but we can definitely make it work.

Until then, it does little good to just call in to some random host. Other people can organize one of those.

I'm going on this expedition to hunt one of the Tyrannosaurs. A male. A buck only. How and why are my business.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8NaBHCuxqhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 02-06-2013 12:14 AM

It's amazing that these dumbasses opinions bother people so much.

They are just going to change in 2 weeks after the combine.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 01:56 AM

RISE

http://i.imgur.com/2AetWpu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fxPvgr8.png

AussieChiefsFan 02-06-2013 06:53 AM

I can't wait to see this happen

bevischief 02-06-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9380666)
I would worry about a few things. Even with a good sized group, its really hard to say how much the group would dominate other callers who are stupid. Sometimes the shows prefer stupid callers because it gives them control and superiority. Who knows how many idiots would call in as well, or how the shows would screen the callers. If everybody called in, but only one person from this group made it on the air, it's not going to be effective. Also keep in mind that it's pretty likely that some schmuck from the stations checks this forum. There are just too many aspects of the process that are out of our control, to think that it would be successful.

That's what PM is for.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-06-2013 07:46 AM

LOL We have a reerun calling in on 610 saying let Albert walk, draft Joekel, trade Eric Berry for a 2nd, sign Ed Reed, get Nick Foles. LMAO

bevischief 02-06-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9381821)
LOL We have a reerun calling in on 610 saying let Albert walk, draft Joekel, trade Eric Berry for a 2nd, sign Ed Reed, get Nick Foles. LMAO

:cuss::#ROFL

Strongside 02-06-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Was literally just about to post this. I almost wrecked on I-35. Fescoe has 'no problem trading Eric Berry.'

I immediately changed it to 810, where they were talkin Mizzou basketball, so I shut my radio off.

BigMeatballDave 02-06-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Chiefshrink 02-06-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9381653)
It's amazing that these dumbasses opinions bother people so much.

They are just going to change in 2 weeks after the combine.

Yep. Pretty much. And don't think all these NFL teams will not use sports media outlets including these wannabe nobody drafturbators who decided to get their own website and "pretend to be in the know" and use them to play poker because 'they all will' !!

This time of year you almost have to treat every NFL team like you do politicians. Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do and read between lines of rhetoric and action.

ZootedGranny 02-06-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Does anyone want to Kickstart a reeducation camp, or at the very least an abbatoir to eliminate these morons?

Rasputin 02-06-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...HIT_BALLS_.jpg

Chiefshrink 02-06-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

I'm streaming out here in Denver and heard this guy as well. Nothing like taking several steps backward:rolleyes:

Strongside 02-06-2013 07:58 AM

Like I said yesterday, we have the worst callers of any sports market out there. And what's worse is that our hosts agree with them 99% of the time.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-06-2013 08:02 AM

They never read my texts on the air. Like, Albert gave up 1 sack last year in over 700 snaps in response to the reerun that said Albert was great in run protection, but had horrible footwork and was terrible against the pass, and was the cause that Cassel kept getting sacked last year.

Deberg_1990 02-06-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9381833)
Like I said yesterday, we have the worst callers of any sports market out there.

nah........every city is pretty much the same when fans call in about their local sports teams. The stations play to the idiots and lowest common denominators.....not the well reasoned fan.

Dayze 02-06-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

I just heard that and was going to post it LMAO

we have some DUMB mother****ers in this town.

Ed Reed is 94 yrs old.
Trade Berry who was playing as a LB in a lot of situations last year fo whatever ****ing reason.
Give up a 2nd rounder....WTF
pick up another backup caliber QB - that's Always worked out well.
Let a top 5 LT walk, and draft an unknown.

What....the ....****.

KCUnited 02-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Please tell me this is just one guy and he keeps calling because I heard a caller with that exact same take call 610 yesterday morning.

Molitoth 02-06-2013 08:36 AM

I can't listen to local radio anymore. The callers are pure shitheads and the guest interviews are mostly worthless.

Keitzman seems to be the only one with any logic at this time, which is odd.

Three7s 02-06-2013 08:37 AM

This is why I don't listen to 610. 810 has better hosts, at least.

Dayze 02-06-2013 08:39 AM

during football season I listen to (mostly) a station out of Tuscaloosa/Birmingham.

night and day difference.

Chiefshrink 02-06-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9381847)
nah........every city is pretty much the same when fans call in about their local sports teams. The stations play to the idiots and lowest common denominators.....not the well reasoned fan.

Precisely, because this creates controversy and gets more people to call in thus increases the ratings.

Common sense consensus makes for boring bad talk radio especially in the sports talk world.:shake:

chop 02-06-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9380513)

The notion that the Chiefs should let go of Albert and draft Joeckel is also an opinion that is different from my own. However, in this case, shit clearly has not been planned out very well. It doesn't make any sense, and operates under a number of stretchy assumptions as well as a near-religious devotion to the vague and ill-defined "draft value/BPA" idea.

If the asking price of Albert is too high, I can see the Chiefs wanting to think about taking a OT and using the extra money somewhere else.

The above comment in no way means I supoort taking an OL with the first pick.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9381885)
I can't listen to local radio anymore. The callers are pure shitheads and the guest interviews are mostly worthless.

Keitzman seems to be the only one with any logic at this time, which is odd.

I know right? KK occasionally has some great takes, and other times he is just trying to stir shit up.

CoMoChief 02-06-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9380379)
This was mentioned in the Geno Smith thread. Matt Miller (draft dumbass extraordinaire) was on Border Patrol this morning. Whoever the host is for that show did an okay job trying to hammer out why Miller is such a flippant moron who wants us to take a ****ing OT but not a QB, even though he has Geno going to the Raiders at #3. His response was something like, "Oakland really likes Geno Smith. I make these drafts from a league-wide perspective, I'm not reporting for just one team. Geno is my 11th rated player on the board, so unless I hear that the Chiefs really want him, I'm not going to project him to the Chiefs at 1. Besides, they're a team that has a lot of needs, y'know... tack... well, potentially at tackle and uhhh... diarrhea diarrhea"

I'm sick of these draft douches thinking they know what's best for the Chiefs in their prognostications. You don't have to be high on any of the QBs to know that letting Albert walk and drafting his replacement at #1 overall is a ****ing TERRIBLE idea that improves the team ZERO PERCENT.

This guy will be on throughout draft season, as will a few others. Sorter and I have been chatting, and we want to plan a call-in blitz to these shows. Make them see the light. Most of the fans who call in just aren't sending the message hard enough.

Also, GoChiefs has generously volunteered to capture the audio and post it everywhere he can.

If you're interested, let us know. We'll try to find a date/time to call in to one of these shows and take control of the conversation the RIGHT way.

tool

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9381977)
tool

Everyone is a tool of the SOC revolution.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9381977)
tool

Says the conspiracy theory wacko idiot who wants to draft Manti Teo at #1 overall

Sorter 02-06-2013 09:35 AM

JFC. Now the guys on 610 are saying that they've all along been arguing that if you want to take Geno at 8, then you take him at #1.

Then Fescoe says he wants Alex Smith and to draft a QB in the 3rd round.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 09:39 AM

Fescoe is an unbelievable dumbass sometimes. He was a Cassel backer for an absurd amount of time.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 09:43 AM

This is when I realized I should never value Bob Fescoe's football opinions.

http://i.imgur.com/tknj8dl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kizT9HR.jpg

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 09:45 AM

Fescoes job is to stir up shit 24/7, that is about all he does. It has worked great for the KU/MU rivalry but everything else...not..so much.

BigCatDaddy 02-06-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9381983)
Says the conspiracy theory wacko idiot who wants to draft Manti Teo at #1 overall

Anyone that suggested Teo at#1 should probably be banned from the football forum for life.

Sorter 02-06-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9381992)
Fescoe is an unbelievable dumbass sometimes. He was a Cassel backer for an absurd amount of time.

He still want Castle on the roster next year.

LMAO

Sorter 02-06-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9382021)
Anyone that suggested Teo at#1 should probably be banned from life.

Fixed

Rausch 02-06-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9381985)

Then Fescoe says he wants Alex Smith and to draft a QB in the 3rd round.

:grr:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mazbsM9u1qer2yu.gif

HolyHat 02-06-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9380799)
How about this?

only two teams in the last 10 years have selected a non-quarterback first overall. Houston took Mario Williams in 2006 and Miami took Jake Long in 2008. Both of these players were everything these franchises could have hoped for in a number one pick. They both made All-Pro teams and have been considered amongst the league's best at their respective positions. Yet it is possible that neither one will earn a second contract with their team. They have one combined playoff appearance amongst them, during Long's rookie year (Houston made the playoffs last year with Williams going on IR midway through last season). Despite his individual success, the Houston defense continued to be terrible after Williams was drafted. By the time it was good, they deemed him expendable. Long is facing a similar situation - he's a free agent after this season, but is having his worst year as a pro. Any relevance and improvement the Dolphins have going forward is going to be completely tied to Ryan Tannehill. A quarterback selected in the first-round.

YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE.

I ****ing love this!

The Franchise 02-06-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9381996)

Dude....how the **** can you run the RTC FB page without banning the **** out of the morons? That one kid from this morning is a GD idiot.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9382065)
Dude....how the **** can you run the RTC FB page without banning the **** out of the morons? That one kid from this morning is a GD idiot.

Do you know how many morons I've converted to my way of thinking? o:-)

HolyHat 02-06-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382078)

:hmmm:

The Franchise 02-06-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382078)

You can't convert this ****ing reeruned kid.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9382083)
You can't convert this ****ing reeruned kid.

He used to be a Matt Cassel fan. o:-)

Strongside 02-06-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

That is just horrible. That's 11 men in the box if I've ever seen it. Holy shit...I knew he was off base on a lot of his takes, but this...this is just absurd.

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Well, he is right about one thing. That is the base defense the Chiefs faced all year, with the entire defense stacked up within 10 yards of the LOS and corners paying no respect to the WR’s.

The Franchise 02-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382088)
He used to be a Matt Cassel fan. o:-)

He thinks we should draft Joeckel and move Albert to guard.......he's unsaveable.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9382113)
He thinks we should draft Joeckel and move Albert to guard.......he's unsaveable.

It doesn't matter, because once Geno is here and raping seals he'll apologize personally and bow down.

philfree 02-06-2013 10:49 AM

So players who are 10 yards off the LOS are in the box?

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9382121)

If they're in the secondary and your number one wideout is left completely wide open, then yeah I'd say that's about as close you can get

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

The entire defense on that play is anticipating a run on 4th and 1 and defending the play in that manner. The safeties are maybe a couple of yards outside the box but it's splitting hairs.

And the fact anyone thinks corners line up that way in a "base defense" is hilarious.

philfree 02-06-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382133)
The entire defense on that play is anticipating a run on 4th and 1 and defending the play in that manner. The safeties are maybe a couple of yards outside the box but it's splitting hairs.

And the fact anyone thinks corners line up that way in a "base defense" is hilarious.

That's fine and they may be anticipating run but that's not 11 in the box. Guys 7,9 and 10 yards off the LOS are not in the box.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Depends which direction.

If they're 10 yards off the line into the defensive backfield, they're paying HUGE dap to the WRs, and are getting in the best position possible to just tackle the receiver to the ground.

If they're 10 yards off the receiver closer to the QB/center, it means they don't give a shit what the WRs do, because they know the QB can't complete a pass to him. Most likely it will be a running play that they want to shut down.

Which one is that picture?

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9382141)
That's fine and they may be anticipating run but that's not 11 in the box. Guys 7,9 and 10 yards off the LOS are not in the box.

Seven yards is definitely in the box. Both safeties normally don't play as close as they are in that screenshot.

Bottom line: that is not a base defense in any way. You and Bob Fescoe are dumbasses.

philfree 02-06-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382148)
Seven yards is definitely in the box. Both safeties normally don't play as close as they are in that screenshot.

Bottom line: that is not a base defense in any way. You and Bob Fescoe are dumbasses.

I didn't say it was a base defense and I don't care either way but it's not 11 in the box.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9382159)
I didn't say it was a base defense and I don't care either way but it's not 11 in the box.

:facepalm:

It's pretty ****ing close. You're splitting hairs, and being obtuse.

tony77 02-06-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380382)
Why is it so important sports radio personalities feel the same way you do.

agree

patteeu 02-06-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382160)

It's not a base defense, but it's not 11 in the box. What he's doing is being accurate. You're fudging for dramatic effect.

philfree 02-06-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9382160)

Close? So me counting 7 guys within 5 yards of the LOS and 4 guys at 7 or more yards from the LOS is obtuse? Whatever.

BigMeatballDave 02-06-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380382)
Why is it so important sports radio personalities feel the same way you do.

Because you hope the guys who are paid to do this actually know wtf they are talking about.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9382177)
Close? So me counting 7 guys within 5 yards of the LOS and 4 guys at 7 or more yards from the LOS is obtuse? Whatever.

It's clear from that photo that all 11 defenders are selling out on the run. They're not even CLOSE to either of our wideouts. Meaning they don't respect Cassel one ****ing bit.

Is that more accurate?

Hammock Parties 02-06-2013 11:18 AM

JFC. Can we just agree Bob Fescoe is a tool and move on?

bevischief 02-06-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

ROFLROFL

philfree 02-06-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9382174)
It's not a base defense, but it's not 11 in the box. What he's doing is being accurate. You're fudging for dramatic effect.

This seems about right.

tony77 02-06-2013 11:23 AM

Just because they say one thing now . Dose not mean that is what will happen. Besides people you do realize he dose not control who they take calm down,lol. I mean really whats the point in getting all worked up? Nothiing.

philfree 02-06-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9382183)
It's clear from that photo that all 11 defenders are selling out on the run. They're not even CLOSE to either of our wideouts. Meaning they don't respect Cassel one ****ing bit.

Is that more accurate?

Really? I can't believe that anyone would have ever thought that. :)

tony77 02-06-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9382179)
Because you hope the guys who are paid to do this actually know wtf they are talking about.

And whos to say he dose not? Hes not the only one saying this. I know you know that. So why you all up in his ass?

BigMeatballDave 02-06-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9382221)
And whos to say he dose not? Hes not the only one saying this. I know you know that. So why you all up in his ass?

Then why are they creating reeruned mocks?

tony77 02-06-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9382228)
Then why are they creating reeruned mocks?

Well all my years being a fan history tells me one thing. That mocks are most of the time are wrong. Only the team knows who they truly want. Now teams can leak info for leverage dose not mean its true. Thats how the draft game is played.

CoMoChief 02-06-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9382186)
ROFLROFL

Base defense/ Bob Fescoe ROFL

tony77 02-06-2013 11:48 AM

Bob Fescoe just blows hot air. I would not put much stock into anything he says. 610 is more about the shock value rather than the truth.