ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:34 PM

Hooray!! Let's hitch our wagons to a guy a team was willing to deal for a 3rd Round draft pick...awesome.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-23-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9429385)
if all kc has to give up to get Foles is a third round pick, then that seems like a great deal, especially considering kc and the front office will have a lot more tape on the kid and know what his strengths and weakneses are... I'm thinking there's no way Philly lets Foles go for just a third round pick, especially with Vick's inability to stay healthy.

Eagles need o-lineman, Chiefs need QBs. Some Elway trading will go on.

bevischief 02-23-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429334)
Like I said, I could stomach a trade for Nick Foles...but it would be a short leash.

BUT

If they think its smart to go into next year with Joeckel at left tackle, Brandon Albert in SD and our quarterbacks being Foles, Cassel and Stanzi....they should only be afforded a short leash by the fan base.

If it blows up in their face, they deserve it....and it will.

If they pass on Geno, he will go on to another team and destroy worlds and we will be stuck will Foles...who wont be as good...but good enough to keep us out of position to take a QB again in the next couple years.

It would be the Chiefs bat signal that

"you can fire up those BBQs, guys. We are about to get back to 9-7 and first round loss. All is well"

When in reality, Foles will be at home watching Geno win playoff games.

I hope this isn't the future...

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9429389)
Hooray!! Let's hitch our wagons to a guy a team was willing to deal for a 3rd Round draft pick...awesome.

as long as he isn't good enough for someone else, he's perfect for us

we can have the best QB in this draft, whoever you think it is...that's the perk for the being the shittiest team in the league

we wasted 3 decades because of a stupid, childish fear of drafting and developing a QB....there is no rationalization for turning a 2-14 season and the #1 pick into another team's ****ing backup QB who was the 88th pick last year...

i don't give a **** how fat reid is...that is indefensible bullshit..

O.city 02-23-2013 06:43 PM

If we go with Foles, we better make the playoffs next year. Anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429422)
If we go with Foles, we better make the playoffs next year. Anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable.

I don't care about the win total for next year. What would be crucial is for him to show that he has franchise potential; he'd have to take a few enormous steps forward in his development.

I'm so ****ing tired of this cycle of mediocrity.

We don't draft a legit QB in this draft, Reid and Dorsey won't be able to be fired soon enough.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:45 PM

A lesser version of a shotgun spread system QB to boot ROFL Can't take Geno, but can deal for an inferior guy because he has "experience.

O.city 02-23-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429436)
I don't care about the win total for next year. What would be crucial is for him to show that he has franchise potential; he'd have to take a few enormous steps forward in his development.

I'm so ****ing tired of this cycle of mediocrity.

We don't draft a legit QB in this draft, Reid and Dorsey won't be able to be fired soon enough.

If thats the way we are approaching next season, I'd rather take the best overall QB from this class, whoever they deem that to be, and let him go through that next year.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:49 PM

Alot of us will be having Buck's symptoms if this happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 06:50 PM

sweet jesus, id draft ****ing Hootie as a QB at one if it avoids seeing another fatty hoist a red and gold "1" jersey....**** me. **** us all...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:53 PM

Scooter says not to reach!!

Sorter 02-23-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9429471)
Scooter says not to reach!!

Which is hilarious, because he reached on T-Jack, Poe, Baldwin, DMC, Arenas, Magee, and Washington. Basically the king of reaching. ROFL

58-4ever 02-23-2013 07:07 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...les-highlights

some good and bad here

O.city 02-23-2013 07:11 PM

DJ brought this up, but I'd offer a swap of first round picks, our 2 this year and a third next year for Foles and Maclin.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:28 PM

Lets talk trade with the Eagles.

We have 3000 points and the Eagles have 1800.

1200 to make up...

Foles was taken at pick 88...that's worth 150 points.

That leaves 1050 points to make up.

Maclin was taken with the 19th pick (and is due for a big payday) ...the 19th pick is worth 875 points.

That still leaves 175 points to make up on Phillys side...

Why again, would we need to throw in ANYTHING to make that deal happen?

Seems to me, they would still owe us a 3rd round pick, and thats if we give them FULL VALUE back for Maclins draft position....when w2e can go and draft a kid that would be cheap.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429566)
Lets talk trade with the Eagles.

We have 3000 points and the Eagles have 1800.

1200 to make up...

Foles was taken at pick 88...that's worth 150 points.

That leaves 1050 points to make up.

Maclin was taken with the 19th pick (and is due for a big payday) ...the 19th pick is worth 875 points.

That still leaves 175 points to make up on Phillys side...

Why again, would we need to throw in ANYTHING to make that deal happen?

Seems to me, they would still owe us a 3rd round pick, and thats if we give them FULL VALUE back for Maclins draft position....when w2e can go and draft a kid that would be cheap.

Obviously Maclin has shown to be better than that slot system. And we will obviously have to overpay for Foles, as it seems we are desperate to not have to draft a QB at 1.

mcaj22 02-23-2013 07:30 PM

because Maclin and Foles produced at the NFL level, that's why we would have to give a little more

you cant be that dense.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429534)
DJ brought this up, but I'd offer a swap of first round picks, our 2 this year and a third next year for Foles and Maclin.

what?

giving them the #1, #34, and a 3rd for a 3rd round back up QB and maclin?

**** that

O.city 02-23-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429580)
what?

giving them the #1, #34, and a 3rd for a 3rd round back up QB and maclin?

**** that

Its an option. Obviously if Dorsey and Reid think he's a franchise QB and he turns out to be, that would be fine.

Plus you would add a legit deep threat to the offense.

I don't think it woudl cost that much, but it would be a way to go if they don't want a QB at 1.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Our own Left Nut proposed this trade? Then he had a Scooter moment because this is ****ing asinine.

If you're trading out of 1/1, you should be the one profiting, not the one getting ****ed.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429584)
Its an option. Obviously if Dorsey and Reid think he's a franchise QB and he turns out to be, that would be fine.

Plus you would add a legit deep threat to the offense.

I don't think it woudl cost that much, but it would be a way to go if they don't want a QB at 1.

jesus god

it's at least a 2nd to jump from 4th to #1 (more, honestly)

so we're giving up 2 seconds (one of which is basically a first) and a 3rd for someone's backup QB and Maclin?

i hope our franchise has more self respect than that...

O.city 02-23-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429589)
Our own Left Nut proposed this trade? Then he had a Scooter moment because this is ****ing asinine.

If you're trading out of 1/1, you should be the one profiting, not the one getting ****ed.

Yeah, I added the picks, and it's probably too much. He just brought up the proposal.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9429576)
because Maclin and Foles produced at the NFL level, that's why we would have to give a little more

you cant be that dense.

Maclins rookie deal is about to run out, too and he would require a big contract. No way he is worth full value because of just that.

Are we supposed to tie up 20 million a year on 2 receivers?

Foles probably increased his stoc, but its not like the Eagles wouldnt take a premium third for him...he doesnt fit their system.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429593)
jesus god

it's at least a 2nd to jump from 4th to #1 (more, honestly)

so we're giving up 2 seconds (one of which is basically a first) and a 3rd for someone's backup QB and Maclin?

i hope our franchise has more self respect than that...

If Reid and Dorsey think he's their guy though, they probably don't view him as a backup.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429602)
If Reid and Dorsey think he's their guy though, they probably don't view him as a backup.

They viewed him as a third round quality player go0ing into the draft...do you think they see Geno as better than a third rounder?

If the answer is yes, then whats the point of trading the pick?

mcaj22 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429598)
Maclins rookie deal is about to run out, too and he would require a big contract. No way he is worth full value because of just that.

Foles probably increased his stoc, but its not like the Eagles wouldnt take a premium third for him...he doesnt fit their system.

youre not getting Maclin for anything less than a 2nd. So if someone wants Maclin, pony up the pick and cash. If not, I dont know what to tell you lol

O.city 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429598)

2 good WRs? Yeah, don't really care.

I'd trade first picks, give them a 3rd. What I proposed earlier was probably too much.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429602)

so what?

he's a 3rd round backup who has done jack shit

i'm pretty sure Reid isn't going to say to Philly, "we think your 3rd round pick is a franchise QB and we want to pay extra for him, please take all our picks"

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9429609)
youre not getting Maclin for anything less than a 2nd. So if someone wants Maclin, pony up the pick and cash. If not, I dont know what to tell you lol

YOU JUST MADE MY POINT FOR ME.

He is NOT worth the 875 ponts he was originally worth, he is now worth around 500.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429611)
so what?

i'm pretty sure Reid isn't going to say to Philly, "we think your 3rd round pick is a franchise QB and we want to pay extra for him, please take all our picks"

Yeah, I probably overestimated how much it would take.

But obviously, they are wanting a 2 for Foles at this point, so if Reid thinks he's the guy, they'll probably do it.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429610)

I'd trade first picks, give them a 3rd. What I proposed earlier was probably too much.

You trade picks, plus get Foles and Maclin. If I'm trading out of #1 overall, you better damn well get back a north load.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429617)
Yeah, I probably overestimated how much it would take.

But obviously, they are wanting a 2 for Foles at this point, so if Reid thinks he's the guy, they'll probably do it.

probably..this franchise is cursed

it's like we just rewound the last 4 years to start over

O.city 02-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429618)
You trade picks, plus get Foles and Maclin. If I'm trading out of #1 overall, you better damn well get back a north load.

We should, but we won't if we trade it. The talent at the top doesn't justify it at this point.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429622)
We should, but we won't if we trade it. The talent at the top doesn't justify it at this point.

If anyone wants to trade up, they disagree. Otherwise, they'd be cool with staying at #4 overall.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429620)
probably..this franchise is cursed

it's like we just rewound the last 4 years to start over

It sucks and i'm in no way advocating this, but you pretty much have to throw out what the last regime did at this point. That doesn't matter.

Seems there's just to much "non QB at 1" smoke for it to just be GM/coach speak.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429610)

for

foles
maclin

and next years first

O.city 02-23-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429626)
If anyone wants to trade up, they disagree. Otherwise, they'd be cool with staying at #4 overall.

I think our regime might do it, just to get out of the first pick so they don't have to explain not taking a QB.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429627)
It sucks and i'm in no way advocating this, but you pretty much have to throw out what the last regime did at this point. That doesn't matter.

Seems there's just to much "non QB at 1" smoke for it to just be GM/coach speak.

Denver never met or worked out Cutler prior to drafting him.

So there's absolutely no telling what may or may not transpire during the draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429611)
so what?

lmao sweet christ this abortion of a thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-23-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429633)
Denver never met or worked out Cutler prior to drafting him.

So there's absolutely no telling what may or may not transpire during the draft.

Well, we've met with all the QBs and will watch them all work out. It may all be bs that they're shoveling right now and they plan on taking Geno/Barkley etc at 1.

But at this point, based on what we've heard from multiple sources, I don't think the do.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:48 PM

This draft is these guys chance to show that things will be done differently than in the past.

If we trade for a backup, nothing has changed.

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to Pioli.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429627)

of course it matters, as does every move we've made at QB for decades

the new guy shows up and wants 'his' backup instead of going to the one ****ing place you should for a QB: the first round of the draft...it's the same stupid shit, doesn't matter who is doing it

foles wouldn't be a first round pick this year...it's embarrassing

O.city 02-23-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429641)

the new guy shows up and wants 'his' backup instead of going to the one ****ing place you should for a QB: the first round of the draft...it's the same stupid shit, doesn't matter who is doing it

I feel that way sure. It matters to us.

But the new regime doesn't. What the previous one did, likely has no bearing on them.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429641)

exactly

htismaqe 02-23-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429639)
This draft is these guys chance to show that things will be done differently than in the past.

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to *****.

This.

Old Dog 02-23-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Scott, is that you? I thought you were working for NFLN now.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to *****.

What a difference four years make. Pioli was defended to the death for a pulling a Carl-lite, since Pioli isn't even worthy of sniffing early-90s Carl's jock.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2013 09:06 PM

IMO, trading for Foles is a last resort option.

I'd rather see the Chiefs acquire Smith or Flynn along with a developmental prospect because if they trade for Foles, he gets two years to prove he doesn't suck ass.

And that's most likely, two years too many.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9429922)

I'd rather see the Chiefs acquire Smith or Flynn along with a developmental prospect because if they trade for Foles, he gets two years to prove he doesn't suck ass.

If I'm being frank, I don't really want any of the three. But if I'm forced, I'd probably rather go with Smith for these reasons, but I think whoever we bring in is gonna get 2 years.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9429922)

If they trade for Alex Smith, he's getting 2 years too, maybe more.

Face it, if they bring in somebody with a name, that person is most likely going to be "the man" for the foreseeable future.

SAUTO 02-23-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429589)

his deal was not exactLT the same as this one.

Iirc it was the number one for four , their second, foles and maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9430026)
his deal was not exactLT the same as this one.

Iirc it was the number one for four , their second, foles and maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I changed the numbers up. They were way too much looking back on it.

My fault.

penbrook 02-23-2013 09:35 PM

We have no idea what Reid and Dorsey will do. He has been known to do a 360 in every draft.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9429972)
If they trade for Alex Smith, he's getting 2 years too, maybe more.

Face it, if they bring in somebody with a name, that person is most likely going to be "the man" for the foreseeable future.

How so? If they trade for smith I think they draft either Bray, Manuel, or Jones. We now know Cassel is gone I doubt they bring in another vet to backup Alex Smith. The only question is what round do they draft a QB?

To me Alex Smith for a 4th is great if Geno Smith is the #1 pick. We know the odds of a 4th round QB producing like Alex Smith arent great.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to Pioli.

I dont think this is a fair statement to make. For starters Foles has more upside. If they trade for Foles and draft a Qb in the draft its different. If they hit on free agents and draft picks its different too.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 09:40 PM

Rather take a gamble on Foles and draft a Qb mid round. We know what Alex smiths ceiling is...we don't know what Foles' is...

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430038)
How so? If they trade for smith I think they draft either Bray, Manuel, or Jones. We now know Cassel is gone I doubt they bring in another vet to backup Alex Smith. The only question is what round do they draft a QB?

To me Alex Smith for a 4th is great if Geno Smith is the #1 pick. We know the odds of a 4th round QB producing like Alex Smith arent great.

Bray and Manuel are both probably 2 years away from being fully ready, so Smith is gonna start at least those 2 years. (Jones won't ever be NFL ready so he's not worth discussing.)

IF they were to get Smith for a 4th, he would probably be the backup. I don't see that happening though.

I see him coming in here and starting. He'll win just enough for them to keep trotting him out there. 4 years from now, we'll be right back where we are today.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430056)
I dont think this is a fair statement to make. For starters Foles has more upside. If they trade for Foles and draft a Qb in the draft its different. If they hit on free agents and draft picks its different too.

Thats the thing, if they trade for Foles, they likely won't draft a Qb in this years draft.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9430062)
Rather take a gamble on Foles and draft a Qb mid round. We know what Alex smiths ceiling is...we don't know what Foles' is...

This.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430075)
Thats the thing, if they trade for Foles, they likely won't draft a Qb in this years draft.

And this.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:44 PM

Smith has stated that he wants to be traded to a team where he can start. He also will cost 8.5 mil, IIRC.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430075)

We dont know that.

Another thing: Reid always had capable QB's and always had guys who were capable on the bench. That is a huge contrast between Pioli and the new guys. Its important we dont overlook this.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430095)
We dont know that.

Another thing: Reid always had capable QB's and always had guys who were capable on the bench. That is a huge contrast between ***** and the new guys. Its important we dont overlook this.

It just wouldn't make sense, IMO. If Foles only costs a 4th? Maybe then, yeah. But if he costs a 2nd? He's probably the starter for a while.

Who did Reid have behind McNabb? I can't remember.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430072)
Bray and Manuel are both probably 2 years away from being fully ready, so Smith is gonna start at least those 2 years. (Jones won't ever be NFL ready so he's not worth discussing.)

IF they were to get Smith for a 4th, he would probably be the backup. I don't see that happening though.

I see him coming in here and starting. He'll win just enough for them to keep trotting him out there. 4 years from now, we'll be right back where we are today.

I dont know man both should sit this year but I could see either starting the next year. I think they are ahead of where Kaprrnick was coming out of college.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430105)
It just wouldn't make sense, IMO. If Foles only costs a 4th? Maybe then, yeah. But if he costs a 2nd? He's probably the starter for a while.

Who did Reid have behind McNabb? I can't remember.

I dont think theyll trade a high pick for either Foles or Smith.

2006 Garcia revived his career under Reid.

2009 Kolb had a career year.

2010 Vick was a league MVP candidate

Its an important distinction to point out. Reid didn't draft some 6th round guy and get lucky. The guy knows QB's

Chiefs Pantalones 02-23-2013 09:51 PM

There is no other option. Draft a f'in QB. What did this fanbase do to deserve not even trying to upgrade the game's most important position the right way?

O.city 02-23-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430126)
I dont think theyll trade a high pick for either Foles or Smith.

2006 Garcia revived his career under Reid.

2009 Kolb had a career year.

2010 Vick was a league MVP candidate

Its an important distinction to point out. Reid didn't draft some 6th round guy and get lucky. The guy knows QB's

Yeah, it is exciting.

Although, his best QB came from early in the first round. :D

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430095)
We dont know that.

Another thing: Reid always had capable QB's and always had guys who were capable on the bench. That is a huge contrast between ***** and the new guys. Its important we dont overlook this.

Can you really say that?

Somebody posted it the other day.

If you take Donovan McNabb out of the mix, Reid's QB track record is pretty pedestrian.

Yeah, he's good at making mediocre guys look decent.

But outside of McNabb, he really hasn't coached a GREAT QB.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430107)
I dont know man both should sit this year but I could see either starting the next year. I think they are ahead of where Kaprrnick was coming out of college.

The problem is that this is the Chiefs. We've seen this before.

He comes in here next year and wins 9 games and it won't matter when those guys are ready. They're gonna sit.

I have ZERO faith that anything in KC is EVER going to change until it actually does.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430158)
Can you really say that?

If you take Donovan McNabb out of the mix, Reid's QB track record is pretty pedestrian.

Not. this. again. :shake:

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430158)
Can you really say that?

Its important to point out the fundamental difference between Reid and Pioli. Reid developed guys while Pioli literally laughed off the idea of ever drafting a QB.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 10:01 PM

I almost drove off the road Friday afternoon while listening to Fox Sports Radio. That ex-Raiders DB Steve Hartman actually said that the 49'ers "might be willing to part with Alex Smith" for the Chiefs' first round pick.

:facepalm:

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430184)
Its important to point out the fundamental difference between Reid and *****. Reid developed guys while ***** literally laughed off the idea of ever drafting a QB.

Outside of Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid has produced the same number of franchise QBs that Scott Pioli has - zero.

I am ABSOLUTELY an Andy Reid fan. But he's just not this mythical QB whisperer. He just isn't. He's never had a dumpster fire under center. But he's never turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

He's been SOLID for his entire career. But the only time he's been GREAT is when he took the QB #2 overall.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430178)
Not. this. again. :shake:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58

Combined numbers for QB starts under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

Take Vick out of the equation, and you're looking at a 20-28 record (.416) and a 61:64 TD:INT ratio.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430218)
Outside of Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid has produced the same number of franchise QBs that Scott Pioli has - zero.

I am ABSOLUTELY an Andy Reid fan. But he's just not this mythical QB whisperer. He just isn't. He's never had a dumpster fire under center. But he's never turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

He's been SOLID for his entire career. But the only time he's been GREAT is when he took the QB #2 overall.

but...but...but....yeah this.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 02-23-2013 10:58 PM

Reid flipped AJ Feeley for a second.

Reid Flipped Kolb for a second round pick and a first round cornerback.

Reid got Mike Vick to play at a crazy level in 2011.

Nick Foles threw for 1700 yards in 6 starts under Reid, as a rookie.

Twice, he has identified and drafted what turned out to be the best QB of his class.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9430208)
I almost drove off the road Friday afternoon while listening to Fox Sports Radio. That ex-Raiders DB Steve Hartman actually said that the 49'ers "might be willing to part with Alex Smith" for the Chiefs' first round pick.

:facepalm:

Raiders players are legally reeruned

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 11:04 PM

Sorry DB meant douchebag.

O.city 02-23-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9430511)

Twice, he has identified and drafted what turned out to be the best QB of his class.

Thats great and all.

But I'm not real interested in finding a guy he can get to play ok so we can flip him for picks.

I want the guy he can get to play elite and win games.

Messier 02-23-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9430511)

Yep. I don't love the idea of passing on a QB in the first, but I do trust Reid to come out ahead in the QB search.