ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

BigRock 03-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9466997)
You also blow the roof off of Arrowhead by doing so.

Tru Fans got their recycled vet. Baters get their young, stud QB to take over when ready. It really is a Win/Win and we start to regain the homefield advantage that's gone to shit.

There were people ready to storm Arrowhead with torches and pitchforks if they "wasted" the #1 pick on a quarterback before the Alex Smith trade.

If they took a QB with that pick now, the KC area would suffer an epidemic of family annihilator killings, with mom and the kids dead in their beds and dad's body seated in his worn out easychair with the big framed poster of Marty Schottenheimer behind him.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9467072)
I'm not going to set myself up for another 'heartbreak'...

If we get Geno, it'll be gravy. Right now, I don't feel like that's a possibility but if it happens Christmas comes early. No need to get myself all worked up about something that probably has a 5% chance of realistically happening.

I still think that they're going do everything they can to trade down. I'm just not going to close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and refuse to believe that they won't draft a QB at 1.1.

EDIT: I'm not saying that you are....BTW.

ptlyon 03-05-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467063)
I don't think that's the case if they draft Geno or Barkley.

For Alex to not be starting in Week 16.....we would have to be horribly bad next year.

You can't start someone who's on IR

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9467078)
There were people ready to storm Arrowhead with torches and pitchforks if they "wasted" the #1 pick on a quarterback before the Alex Smith trade.

If they took a QB with that pick now, the KC area would suffer an epidemic of family annihilator killings, with mom and the kids dead in their beds and dad's body seated in his worn out easychair with the big framed poster of Marty Schottenheimer behind him.

ROFL Heh, don't know about all that but wives would be beaten, that's for sure.

ptlyon 03-05-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9467089)
ROFL Heh, don't know about all that but wives would be beaten, that's for sure.

This isn't Nebraska

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

No, it wouldn't. If they took a QB....this fanbase would defer to Andy Reid and John Dorsey and claim that they know what they're doing.....like they do with every pick the Chiefs make.

htismaqe 03-05-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467105)
No, it wouldn't. If they took a QB....this fanbase would defer to Andy Reid and John Dorsey and claim that they know what they're doing.....like they do with every pick the Chiefs make.

Yep. Sheeple.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9467046)
Probably a trade back. But I wouldnt mind Joekel, or Warmack.

Just for fun we could trade with the Jets and pick up Tebow AND Revis maybe. That would shore up TWO spots and maybe even STILL get a stud OL. 9 spot is perfect, do it REID!

The question wasn't what options are palatable to you. You were asked to call your shot. By simply stating different options, you are doing the exact same thing I was doing, only using lame wishy-washy language so you can back out of it later.

CALL YOUR SHOT.

What are the Chiefs going to do with 1.1.

Hootie 03-05-2013 12:28 PM

but if Andy/Dorsey see it the way I see it...

Geno could go #1 and be 3rd string for a year. That's fine with me. Let Alex play, sign a veteran to back him up, and give Geno a "coaching/learning" year. That's fine.

If Alex can get us to 9-7 and plays another Harbaugh-esque year and is efficient...we could always flip him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder on his expiring contract year to a team that is "sold" on him because he is, in fact, an efficient game manager (if he puts together another year this year like he did for 8 games in 2012 there is no doubt he's a valuable QB to some franchise out there)...

so lets say we start Alex for a year for a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder (2014) and then flip him for a 3rd rounder in 2014 (and maybe another conditional pick in 2015)...so we can afford a guy who is (according to most) pretty raw (Geno Smith) a learning/coaching year...and I have zero issue for that.

If that's the master plan...then I say genius.

Basically trade a 2nd and 3rd for 1 year of Alex Smith and then turn his expiring contract into a 3rd and 4th the following year while affording Geno Smith 1 year to work out all of his kinks, get a year of Andy Reid coaching, and get an NFL year under his belt.

If that's what they are doing...my ****ing God, we have a guru front office/coaching staff.

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467124)
The question wasn't what options are palatable to you. You were asked to call your shot. By simply stating different options, you are doing the exact same thing I was doing, only using lame wishy-washy language so you can back out of it later.

CALL YOUR SHOT.

What are the Chiefs going to do with 1.1.

I just said trade back.

Hootie 03-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467083)
I still think that they're going do everything they can to trade down. I'm just not going to close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and refuse to believe that they won't draft a QB at 1.1.

EDIT: I'm not saying that you are....BTW.

to me, it is absolutely trade down or bust because I've already come to the realization Geno isn't going #1...

of course, the Eric Berry year EVERYONE had us taking Okung until draft day when people started saying, 'meh, maybe Berry after all!' and when it happened it was COMPLETE AWESOMENESS/BEST FEELING EVER!

so as of now I refuse to believe we're taking QB at #1 after the Smith trade...but if it happens, and the scenario I just posted is the master plan...then it'll be the Eric Berry pick all over again times a trillion.

Cannibal 03-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9466957)
Then why would he need to waste a #1 overall pick on a backup when he can draft one either in the later rounds, or draft one next year, or the year after?

If signs a decent free agent CB and DL, he will have the luxury of using the # 1 for Geno because we'll have no more gaping holes to fill.

The rest of the draft will be used to add a WR and depth at other positions.

Bowser 03-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Damn you Darwin!

Dixie Land 03-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9467056)
Newsflash: Alex Smith will not be starting by week 16

THIS he takes sacks like fat old ladies taking farter starters...concussion , injuries...benchings....gotta gotta have a good young backup..

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9467132)
to me, it is absolutely trade down or bust because I've already come to the realization Geno isn't going #1...

of course, the Eric Berry year EVERYONE had us taking Okung until draft day when people started saying, 'meh, maybe Berry after all!' and when it happened it was COMPLETE AWESOMENESS/BEST FEELING EVER!

so as of now I refuse to believe we're taking QB at #1 after the Smith trade...but if it happens, and the scenario I just posted is the master plan...then it'll be the Eric Berry pick all over again times a trillion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down and still grab a QB.

Maybe the Eagles want to trade up and grab a LT or maybe they want to trade up for Geno Smith. So we trade down to #4.....get a 2nd round pick.....and we take Barkley at #4.

Nobody knows what the **** they're going to do right now.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9467130)
I just said trade back.

And pick who?

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467144)
And pick who?

Whoever they want. The question was, what do they do with 1.1?

BigRock 03-05-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467105)

There are legions of people opposed to taking a quarterback. They've spent the last week celebrating their righteous victory and ordering Alex Smith fatheads. There are plenty who would just fall in line, but those aren't the ones who've spent the last two months drawing lines in the sand.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9467161)
Whoever they want. The question was, what do they do with 1.1?

Way to stretch there.

I called Dontari Poe. I now call the Chiefs take whoever they want. LISTEN TO ME!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

There is nothing worse than the casual NFL fan.

The Rick 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9466877)
The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

Same here!

ceebz 03-05-2013 12:44 PM

lol, I can't believe people actually think after what they gave up for Smith, the Chiefs are gonna spend their first pick on another QB.

The Chiefs made a commitment to Smith, just like Pioli made a commitment to Cassel when he was brought in.

Alex Smith is our unquestioned starting QB in 2013, 2014 and probably 2015. Enjoy!

Imon Yourside 03-05-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9467182)
lol, I can't believe people actually think after what they gave up for Smith, the Chiefs are gonna spend their first pick on another QB.

The Chiefs made a commitment to Smith, just like ***** made a commitment to Cassel when he was brought in.

Alex Smith is our unquestioned starting QB in 2013, 2014 and probably 2015. Enjoy!

Cry me a geno, you and blackbob should get a room. WE ARE TAKING GENO #1!! GTFOVERIT!

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467175)
Way to stretch there.

I called Dontari Poe. I now call the Chiefs take whoever they want. LISTEN TO ME!

Dont be jealous bro, we all cant be perfect

melbar 03-05-2013 12:56 PM

Funny/ironic sidenote:
Thumbing through Lindys draft analysis of Geno-

NFL comparison:

Alex Smith...with a more accurate deep ball. lol

Mav 03-05-2013 01:02 PM

With the developements of yesterday, the likely hood that they could take geno actually goes up, not down. It goes up because now andy reid has a qb that he can rely on this year, and perhaps he did like Geno Smith, but didnt think he would be ready to play right away. With Alex Smith now he has a guy that he can not only rely on as a starter, but also as a teach to Geno. I see Geno very much in the same ideal that Kaep was when he was drafted. Everyone knew that Kaep would need to sit, which made alex smith the perfect place holder for geno. Now geno will get at least the first season, (if drafted here of course) to sit and to learn. If alex smith gets hurt week 10 and geno comes in and stars, then alex smith will have ground hog day all over again. Either way, i do believe that within the next two years that geno would be ready to start.

I still believe though, that the first choice of Andy Reid and Dorsey will be to trade down. But if they cant, i can see andy taking Geno and figuring out the rest later. losing pick 34 in the grand scheme of things, isnt that big of a deal. Especially if it means you dont have to draft a qb in the first round for the next decade.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9467209)
Funny/ironic sidenote:
Thumbing through Lindys draft analysis of Geno-

NFL comparison:

Alex Smith...with a more accurate deep ball. lol

We just traded for White Geno, now it is time to draft Black Alex.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9467223)
With the developements of yesterday, the likely hood that they could take geno actually goes up, not down. It goes up because now andy reid has a qb that he can rely on this year, and perhaps he did like Geno Smith, but didnt think he would be ready to play right away. With Alex Smith now he has a guy that he can not only rely on as a starter, but also as a teach to Geno. I see Geno very much in the same ideal that Kaep was when he was drafted. Everyone knew that Kaep would need to sit, which made alex smith the perfect place holder for geno. Now geno will get at least the first season, (if drafted here of course) to sit and to learn. If alex smith gets hurt week 10 and geno comes in and stars, then alex smith will have ground hog day all over again. Either way, i do believe that within the next two years that geno would be ready to start.

I still believe though, that the first choice of Andy Reid and Dorsey will be to trade down. But if they cant, i can see andy taking Geno and figuring out the rest later. losing pick 34 in the grand scheme of things, isnt that big of a deal. Especially if it means you dont have to draft a qb in the first round for the next decade.

We've lost our second round pick for the better part of a decade (might as well have due to shitty drafting), what's losing it again on a starter

Mav 03-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467296)
We've lost our second round pick for the better part of a decade (might as well have due to shitty drafting), what's losing it again on a starter

true. at least you wont have to worry about drafting a dexter mccluster esque player this year.

PRIMETIME211 03-05-2013 01:29 PM

they didnt trade 2 second rounders for alex to get geno sorry, its either joeckl, dee, or star

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9466877)
The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

Your profile pic, Game of thrones is the best show on television and its delightful to see that you watch it. I honestly think people that dont watch that show before they die can add 1 regret to there life, and this is coming from a guy who loved walking dead/Lost Pre dumb seasons/ Revolution or whatever else you can come up with. This blows them all out of the water and seriously gives LOTR a run for its money in that department.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9467176)
There is nothing worse than the casual NFL fan.

Yeah there is. The non-NFL fan who still tries to argue about the game with someone who knows what they're talking about. For instance...guy I work with kept arguing with me that Tim Tebow was the best QB in the NFL in the last decade. He knows nothing. He is just a bible thumper from frickin Denver and hopped on the Tebow bandwagon. He couldn't tell me one other player on their roster. ROFL But decided to argue with me anyway when I told him Tebow was dog shit and that Denver would toss him aside the second they were able to land a real QB. Whattya know....look what happened.

THAT is worse than a casual fan. Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIMETIME211 (Post 9467313)
they didnt trade 2 second rounders for alex to get geno sorry, its either joeckl, dee, or star

I normally don't neg rep people.....but i think it's time.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467328)

He may be correct in that assessment though. Now that Reid & Dorsey got Alex Smith, they might have 0 interest in drafting a QB with that #1 pick. There's no way of telling until the draft, as I'm sure they'll play their cards close to their vest.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467327)
Yeah there is. The non-NFL fan who still tries to argue about the game with someone who knows what they're talking about. For instance...guy I work with kept arguing with me that Tim Tebow was the best QB in the NFL in the last decade. He knows nothing. He is just a bible thumper from frickin Denver and hopped on the Tebow bandwagon. He couldn't tell me one other player on their roster. ROFL But decided to argue with me anyway when I told him Tebow was dog shit and that Denver would toss him aside the second they were able to land a real QB. Whattya know....look what happened.

THAT is worse than a casual fan. Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

lol, he has his opinion on the quarterback and you sound like a giant d-bag just talking about the topic itself... And its funny you call him a bible thumper but if those bible thumpers hate on whatever you believe or dont believe in and laugh at your for thinking you turn into a tree when you die you get all offendedROFL i think if i met u in RL id slap you in the face and then piss on you

Sorter 03-05-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467345)
lol, he has his opinion on the quarterback and you sound like a giant d-bag just talking about the topic itself... And its funny you call him a bible thumper but if those bible thumpers hate on whatever you believe or dont believe in and laugh at your for thinking you turn into a tree when you die you get all offendedROFL i think if i met u in RL id slap you in the face and then piss on you

Did you ingest antifreeze as a child?

RippedmyFlesh 03-05-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467328)

Do it I did. And it felt good.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9467351)

Whose that chick from your profile pic i heard shes famous

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467345)

Dude **** yourself. You don't know the guy I'm talking about. He comes up and starts arguments with me about football. I don't talk about it with him unless he antagonizes me. He doesn't watch ANY games. He didn't even watch their playoff game for ****s sake.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467359)
Dude **** yourself. You don't know the guy I'm talking about. He comes up and starts arguments with me about football. I don't talk about it with him unless he antagonizes me. He doesn't watch ANY games. He didn't even watch their playoff game for ****s sake.

Do the HARLEM SHAKE

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9467198)
Cry me a geno, you and blackbob should get a room. WE ARE TAKING GENO #1!! GTFOVERIT!

What happened to blackbob. I know he had a zillion alts. Does he still?

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467342)
He may be correct in that assessment though. Now that Reid & Dorsey got Alex Smith, they might have 0 interest in drafting a QB with that #1 pick. There's no way of telling until the draft, as I'm sure they'll play their cards close to their vest.

It's not about Smith. It's about Joeckel.

Anyone who declares that Smith is out, But Joeckel is still in play can go eat a bowl of dicks.

After the tagging of Albert, the likely hood of drafting Smith went up and Joeckel went down.

If you don't believe that there is a better chance now that Smith is the guy, fine.

But don't sit here and tell me that Joeckel is still a likely target.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467357)
Whose that chick from your profile pic i heard shes famous

She's a really annoying internet chick, who posts videos and talks like she's on speed. But she's really cute so she got internet-famous. Her name is Boxxy. I had to ask him the same question a while back lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yavx9yxTrsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467375)

Anyone who declares that Smith is out, But Joeckel is still in play can go eat a bowl of dicks.

After the tagging of Albert, the likely hood of drafting Smith went up and Joeckel went down.

If you don't believe that there is a better chance now that Smith is the guy, fine.

This I agree with. I can't see them drafting Joeckel now. But I still have a bad feeling that they won't draft a QB with the #1 pick. Perhaps they'll trade down and grab a QB (be it Geno or someone else - depending on how far they trade down). I'm really clueless as to what they're thinking at this point.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:14 PM

I don't see any way they're spending multiple 2s on the position and then spending another 1.

Beeker 03-05-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9466868)
We will draft Bruce Lee's corpse #1. Bank on it.

And he'll be better at QB than Cassel

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467375)

If they signed Albert, I'd feel stronger about this. Drafting a T at 1.1 that they can ease into the lineup having Albert around for one more year is something I could see. I would hate it, but I could see it.

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467432)
I don't see any way they're spending multiple 2s on the position and then spending another 1.

First of all, we don't officially know the compensation for Alex. And second, even if it is 2 seconds, a first and 2 seconds is a small price to pay if they think they have a good shot at addressing the QB position for the next decade or so.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9467449)
First of all, we don't officially know the compensation for Alex. And second, even if it is 2 seconds, a first and 2 seconds is a small price to pay if they think they have a good shot at addressing the QB position for the next decade or so.

You can rationalize all you want, but nothing short of seeing them actually do it on draft day is going to convince me it was ever even a remote possibility. I just don't see it happening. People are coming up with all these fantasy scenarios, when the reality is...Alex Smith is our quarterback, and will be our quarterback for the forseeable future. The sooner folks come to grips with that, the less of a disappointment April 25th will be, whatever happens that day.

bowener 03-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467432)

While this is probably true, have you seen a worse group of Qbs in the last 10 years on 1 team? Drastic measures were/are needed.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467460)
While this is probably true, have you seen a worse group of Qbs in the last 10 years on 1 team? Drastic measures were/are needed.

Sure I have!

course it was on the same team a few years ago

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9467444)
If they signed Albert, I'd feel stronger about this. Drafting a T at 1.1 that they can ease into the lineup having Albert around for one more year is something I could see. I would hate it, but I could see it.

You don't ease tackles into the lineup, especially ones that you draft in the 1st round. LT's typically aren't going to get better by sitting on the bench.

QB's however......

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467459)
You can rationalize all you want, but nothing short of seeing them actually do it on draft day is going to convince me it was ever even a remote possibility. I just don't see it happening. People are coming up with all these fantasy scenarios, when the reality is...Alex Smith is our quarterback, and will be our quarterback for the forseeable future. The sooner folks come to grips with that, the less of a disappointment April 25th will be, whatever happens that day.

We don't know. That's the truth.

Before Albert was tagged, everyone thought it would Be Joeckel. Dorsey/Reid have effectively filled the majority of their holes on the roster, allowing them to do whatever the hell they want w/ #1, including drafting for depth.

My heart says QB, but my brain says DL, or maybe even Milliner. Every option is on the table, though I think an OL is the least likely option, because it doesn't fill a need and it's not the kind of position you sit and develop.

Beeker 03-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467020)
Now that I sit here and read this and the responses, I think Reid/Dorsey are going for Barkley. I think they are going to try and convince a team to trade up for our pick to draft Geno, then they will slide back a bit, but still in the top 10, and take Barkley and use Alex as insurance to make sure Barkley heals properly.

They better not slide back behind the Cardinulls. I live in Phoenix, and the team is gushing about Barkley.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:35 PM

If we don't take Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher with the first pick, we are jackasses for not trading down.

I can listen to any argument about abilities and needs. In fact, I can almost buy the need for Geno Smith (although I still doubt his abilities). but any fool who wastes anything more than a 7 or 8 pick for Geno Smith may as well piss dollars and give away bank accounts. Why take only Smith when you can have Smith and another pick, more cash, or a complimentary player?

For those of you that believe Geno Smith is a number 1 pick, I have a 1976 Ford Fairmount that I will sell you for 29,000.00 cash.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467493)
If we don't take Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher with the first pick, we are jackasses for not trading down.

I can listen to any argument about abilities and needs. In fact, I can almost buy the need for Geno Smith (although I still doubt his abilities). but any fool who wastes anything more than a 7 or 8 pick for Geno Smith may as well piss dollars and give away bank accounts. Why take only Smith when you can have Smith and another pick, more cash, or a complimentary player?

For those of you that believe Geno Smith is a number 1 pick, I have a 1976 Ford Fairmount that I will sell you for 29,000.00 cash.

:facepalm:

This, again?

This shit will not stop, ever.

Beeker 03-05-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9467351)

No. He ingested antifreeze when he joined this forum and had it shoved up his ass with a tree branch ... jus' sayin'

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-05-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467380)
She's a really annoying internet chick, who posts videos and talks like she's on speed. But she's really cute so she got internet-famous. Her name is Boxxy. I had to ask him the same question a while back lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yavx9yxTrsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holy shit. Sorter is even more of a creep than I thought.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467494)
:facepalm:

This, again?

This shit will not stop, ever.

Seriously, the vehicle still runs. I will gladly send you pics. Surely you need a competent vehicle that should run for a while for a little more than reasonable price.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

lolwut?

The difference between Andrew Luck's contract and Mark Barron's contract is $7 million dollars. It's fully guaranteed either way.

lcarus 03-05-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9467508)
Holy shit. Sorter is even more of a creep than I thought.

If wanting to bang Boxxy makes one a creep, I don't wanna be anything else!

Fish 03-05-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

If a team believes Geno is worth the #7 or #8 pick, then that same team is going to have the same value for Geno at #1. It would be foolish to plan your draft with the intention of trading down. If you're sitting at #1, and think the guy you want will go at 7 or 8, you take him. You can create the imaginary scenario in which you ask yourself "Why take only Smith when you can have Smith +". But you can't approach the draft with that goal in mind.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467528)
If a team believes Geno is worth the #7 or #8 pick, then that same team is going to have the same value for Geno at #1. It would be foolish to plan your draft with the intention of trading down. If you're sitting at #1, and think the guy you want will go at 7 or 8, you take him. You can create the imaginary scenario in which you ask yourself "Why take only Smith when you can have Smith +". But you can't approach the draft with that goal in mind.

Low miles on that Fairmount. Do you have an email where you would like me to send pics? After all, it is worth the 29K if the buyer has 29K to spend.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467480)
We don't know. That's the truth.

We don't know what? That Alex Smith is the QB? I guess we don't, technically, but we will a week from today. Officially.

People want to talk about him like he's some over-the-hill retread they can bring in to hold the fort for a year or two. He's not. He's a 29-year old retread that's entering what's generally the prime for QBs. That paired with the purported compensation is not, to me, indicative of a short-term move. I think we're seeing someone being handed the job for the next 5 years, unless he flames out in some epic way.

And don't mistake that as me saying that it's a good move in any way or that he's a good quarterback. I think he's basically a ball and chain that's going to hold us down for the next 5 years, just like Cassel was. Then we get to start all over yet again, as Hali and Bowe and DJ and Albert and Charles all start to head off into the sunset.

But, yeah, we don't know for sure. I think it's a safe assumption to make, though. And we'll know more starting next week, as they start to make other moves.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467510)
Seriously, the vehicle still runs. I will gladly send you pics. Surely you need a competent vehicle that should run for a while for a little more than reasonable price.

There are so many holes in your argument it'll take too much time to dissect, and lord knows we've been killing that argument for months now.

This isn't about Geno Smith the player, but your entire philosophy in general, which is ****ing terrible.

PRIMETIME211 03-05-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467459)

yes, some people here are in some serious denial, accept it and move on geez

Fish 03-05-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467533)
Low miles on that Fairmount. Do you have an email where you would like me to send pics? After all, it is worth the 29K if the buyer has 29K to spend.

Understandably you're at a loss for how to argue your position.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467540)
There are so many holes in your argument it'll take too much time to dissect, and lord knows we've been killing that argument for months now.

This isn't about Geno Smith the player, but your entire philosophy in general, which is ****ing terrible.

I wouldn't say my "entire philosophy" since we don't even know each other.

However, I respect your viewpoint that you believe a risk is worth the cost of the pick. I just heartily disagree with you that his value is not that highly perceived 5 other NFL teams picking after us and that we can always get more for a lesser pick.

If you believe ANY team before the Cardinals will pick Smith, then you are right. If not, you are wrong, it is that simple.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467534)
We don't know what? That Alex Smith is the QB? I guess we don't, technically, but we will a week from today. Officially.

People want to talk about him like he's some over-the-hill retread they can bring in to hold the fort for a year or two. He's not. He's a 29-year old retread that's entering what's generally the prime for QBs. That paired with the purported compensation is not, to me, indicative of a short-term move. I think we're seeing someone being handed the job for the next 5 years, unless he flames out in some epic way.

And don't mistake that as me saying that it's a good move in any way or that he's a good quarterback. I think he's basically a ball and chain that's going to hold us down for the next 5 years, just like Cassel was. Then we get to start all over yet again, as Hali and Bowe and DJ and Albert and Charles all start to head off into the sunset.

But, yeah, we don't know for sure. I think it's a safe assumption to make, though. And we'll know more starting next week, as they start to make other moves.

We don't know who the Chiefs are going to take. That was expressed several times in my post, because at this point, it really can be any one.

The compensation for Alex Smith doesn't dictate that he's a long term solution. Whether or not he gets an extension will dictate that.

If Alex doesn't get an extension, then that is very telling of what they think of him and what their long term goals may be.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467554)
I wouldn't say my "entire philosophy" since we don't even know each other.

However, I respect your viewpoint that you believe a risk is worth the cost of the pick. I just heartily disagree with you that his value is not that highly perceived 5 other NFL teams picking after us and that we can always get more for a lesser pick.

If you believe ANY team before the Cardinals will pick Smith, then you are right. If not, you are wrong, it is that simple.

You assume that the Chiefs would actually HAVE a trade down partner. You also assume that if the Chiefs can in fact trade down, that the team trading UP wouldn't be for a QB.

When was the last time a team traded into the #1 Overall slot for anything other than a QB?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467549)
Understandably you're at a loss for how to argue your position.

The Browns and Eagles are dying for a young strong offensive line. Both would entertain thoughts of trading up for Joeckel, still leaving us Smith and some compensatory picks later in the draft.

Does that solidify the argument?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467561)
You assume that the Chiefs would actually HAVE a trade down partner. You also assume that if the Chiefs can in fact trade down, that the team trading UP wouldn't be for a QB.

When was the last time a team traded into the #1 Overall slot for anything other than a QB?

We both base upon assumptions, yours that Smith will be an offensive saviour. At least my premise is possible without risk, especially since I believe that discussing trades with Cleveland and Philly wouldn't hurt either team.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467561)

Ask Philly after suffering Peters, Bell, and Dunlap - especially after spending a chunk on an aging QB that used to be able to scramble, but definitely needs protection in his waning years.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467556)
We don't know who the Chiefs are going to take. That was expressed several times in my post, because at this point, it really can be any one.

The compensation for Alex Smith doesn't dictate that he's a long term solution. Whether or not he gets an extension will dictate that.

If Alex doesn't get an extension, then that is very telling of what they think of him and what their long term goals may be.

My assumption is that if Kansas City intended to use 1:1 on a quarterback, they would not be trading the 34th pick (and additional compensation) for another quarterback. They'd find a cheaper (or free) veteran if all they were looking for was a short-term mentor.

I think the moves yesterday are good in that they make the team appear more flexible, which is beneficial in an effort to trade down (which I don't think will happen), but I don't believe a QB is in any way more likely than it was 24 hours ago.

Which stings, speaking as someone who's a big geno fan. I just don't see any realistic scenario where they go that route.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467562)
The Browns and Eagles are dying for a young strong offensive line. Both would entertain thoughts of trading up for Joeckel, still leaving us Smith and some compensatory picks later in the draft.

LMAO

The Browns are going to trade up for Joeckel........while paying their current LT $84 million over 7 years?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:03 PM

Now that I think about it, Detroit definitely needs O Line help as well.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467562)

No they wouldn't when they can sit right where they are and have Fisher, Joeckel or Johnson fall right into their laps.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 03:04 PM

Explain to me why anyone is trading up to #1 to get that LT?

The Chiefs aren't taking a LT.
The Jaguars aren't taking a LT.
The Raiders aren't taking a LT.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467567)
We both base upon assumptions, yours that Smith will be an offensive saviour. At least my premise is possible without risk, especially since I believe that discussing trades with Cleveland and Philly wouldn't hurt either team.

Both the Browns and Eagles already have High Profile LT's in place. You think they're going to trade UP for a back up?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467577)
LMAO

The Browns are going to trade up for Joeckel........while paying their current LT $84 million over 7 years?

Well that shoots a hole in my argument, those other teams wouldn't want Joeckel either. Why is he even listed as the top pick in every single mock I have seen?