ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Mr. Kotter 05-02-2013 10:04 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

loochy 05-02-2013 10:27 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

bevischief 05-02-2013 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9652090)
BEANS!!!!!

loochy 05-02-2013 10:59 AM

WE WON THE PRAY FOR BRAY SUCK-OFF

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 11:00 AM

A day...that will live...in infamy. One way or another. Jesus, I hope they can put a head on this kids beer...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 05-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9652332)
A day...that will live...in infamy. One way or another. Jesus, I hope they can put a head on this kids beer...
Posted via Mobile Device

You and me both. And im not trolling. I am really pulling for this kid. I have liked him since before he got to Tennessee. The physical talents are ridiculous.....

loochy 05-02-2013 11:25 AM

i wonder if he has a hot mom like mccarron

Mr_Tomahawk 05-02-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9652419)
i wonder if he has a hot mom like mccarron

Couldn't find a picture...a bunch of images of the Lombardi trophy showed up in my search results tho

Mr_Tomahawk 05-02-2013 01:55 PM

And then there were 4....

Adam Teicher‏@adamteicher5m
#Chiefs now down to 4 QBs after Tanney's release.

crossbow 05-02-2013 04:00 PM

OMG! What will happen to "Trick Shot" ? Bray is going be our starting QB in 3 years (hope).

<object width="300" height="28" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=zrfkpdcvsd"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=zrfkpdcvsd" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent"></embed>
</object><br/>
<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/zrfkpdcvsd-yeah-baby" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to Yeah baby on Hark.com">Yeah baby</a>

Mr_Tomahawk 05-02-2013 08:12 PM

Here's the photos of the Rookie UDFA's we acquired. There are about 400-500 of Bray. W00t!

http://www.google.com/search?q=Tyler...w=1373&bih=790

Mr_Tomahawk 05-02-2013 08:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9228475

AussieChiefsFan 05-02-2013 08:50 PM

Numbers?

Mr_Tomahawk 05-02-2013 08:58 PM

From the Bleacher Report...Blow me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...of-2013/page/3

Tyler Bray has all the physical tools to be a franchise quarterback, but he has a character red flag and needs a lot of work on his game. If Bray was a first-round pick, he’d probably be high on the list of potential busts and you wouldn’t bet on his success.

As an undrafted free agent, Bray becomes a bit more interesting. Remember, Bray declared early for the draft, so going undrafted was a big slice of humble pie. What Bray should now realize is that his size and arm have taken him as far as they ever will.

Perhaps the best indication that Bray now understands the task ahead of him was the decision to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs. Head coach Andy Reid is a known quarterback whisperer that can clean up the many areas of Bray’s game that need work. It’s never a bad thing to have an offensive coordinator that has played the position professionally either, as Doug Pederson is a former pro quarterback.

Bray can learn maturity from Alex Smith, who remained a class act through good times and bad times in San Francisco and was highly respected by his teammates. Chase Daniel will also be part of the quarterback room and is a high-character player that spent the last four years watching Drew Brees in New Orleans.

The Chiefs will also be willing to invest time in Bray because they probably don’t have a quarterback of the future on the roster. Given the situation, Bray has a good chance to be an undrafted free agent success story in 2013 and beyond.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9653000)
And then there were 4....

Adam Teicher‏@adamteicher5m
#Chiefs now down to 4 QBs after Tanney's release.

Oh Ricky, you're so shit, you're so shit now hit the bricks; hey Ricky! Hey Ricky!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Kotter 05-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9653845)
Here's the photos of the Rookie UDFA's we acquired. There are about 400-500 of Bray. W00t!

http://www.google.com/search?q=Tyler...w=1373&bih=790

Gay for Bray, NTTAWWT???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fbGkxcY7YFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Kotter 05-02-2013 10:15 PM

Someone want to help me out...and tell me why the Youtube "embed" code doesn't friggin' work, here?

:cuss:

rico 05-03-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9654176)
Oh Ricky, you're so shit, you're so shit now hit the bricks; hey Ricky! Hey Ricky!
Posted via Mobile Device

:)

I'm not an Iowa Hawkeye homer. I'm from Iowa, but an ND fan. I am exposed to pretty much every Hawkeye game though because that's what everyone else is watching, so I'm not going to lie to ya'll and say that I'm totally detached from it.

Am I a Stanzi homer? Yes... met the guy a couple times while partying at Iowa. He was cool shit, both times. The closest I ever was to being an official 100% converted Hawkeye fan was during the Stanzi era. Iowa football shit was fun and contagious during the Stanzi era.

So yes, what I write about the guy may be biased, but I will try to be as bias-free as possible as to how I am perceiving what's happening at the QB spot. Being someone who has been on the "Brayndwagon" for over a year may alleviate my Stanzi bias a bit.

With that said, I am not fully convinced that Stanzi will be the 100% for sure, odd man out. Reid seemed "intrigued" by Stanzi when asked about him in an interview. He said that he watched literally every play of his from preseason and from college and basically implied that he doesn't believe that we have much of a sample from Stanzi's preseason play to base any opinions off of due to the limited amount of playing time he was given along with the horrific circumstances that clouded the already limited sample size of Stanzi's preseason footage. Reid didn't seem as "intrigued" by Cassel and I never read him comment on Tanney...and well, they're gone.

And if Reid felt THAT pressured to find an additional QB, I'm sure he would have addressed the need in the draft prior to signing Bray as an UDFA. The fact that we did sign Bray as an UDFA showed me that they are looking to improve or potentially build upon the position for the future. However, waiting that long to address the situation also indicated to me that he was at the very least, moderately comfortable with the QB situation the Chiefs had coming in to the draft.

Reid, when asked about Bray, mentioned something about the importance of players fitting into a specific scheme. I think the thought of Stanzi operating a West coast offense is an interesting one and I think it may be something consistent with his capabilities/skill-set. I think Reid's offense is Stanzi-compatible.

And apologies in advance to the MU homeslices, but who the **** is Chase Daniel? Why does he appear to have been given such a nice looking free pass in terms of fulfilling the backup spot? Ok, so he was an UDFA himself in 2009 who was cut during the final preseason cut-downs by the team who signed him, which led to him signing with the Saints practice squad and then going through a sporadic pattern (in no particular order) of repeatedly being promoted to 3rd string, cut, signed to the practice squad, cut, promoted to 3rd string, etc. before finally solidifying the Saints backup QB role in 2010 by out-battling super-stud, Patrick Ramsey for the spot....... He's thrown for what? 50 yards or so in his 4 seasons in the NFL. With a Drew Brees-led offense, the Saints have been on the winning end of many blowouts these past few years...you'd think a QB prospect they had any inclination of being an integral component of their future would get more opportunities than he did. It comes off to me as if he has been littered with ?-marks and/or hadn't been perceived in remotely serious fashion by the first 2 NFL teams he played for. So who the **** is he to be the auto-ordained number 2 guy in KC? Ok, so he signed a 3-year, $10 million dollar contract to be our backup, which is a very nice deal for a backup and indicates that we are at least, moderately committed to him. But is he THAT non-expendable IF he were to be obviously out-performed in TC and preseason by Bray and Stanzi? Not saying that will happen, saying IF that were the case.

The fact that the dude hasn't done shit in the NFL, but was given such a generous contract for a backup QB, makes me think part of why they pursued him to begin with was because of his popularity within the KC fanbase's general geographical location. I thought the same, to a much lesser degree than Daniel, could have been said about Stanzi, being from Iowa. I can think of a few people right off the top of my head who were previously "neutral" in terms of their favorite NFL team, but have become Chiefs fans (probably temporary Chiefs fans) for the sole reason being: "I want to see Stanzi play." Stanzi was popular when compared to other Hawkeye QB's. An increase in Chiefs fans in a state (Iowa) where many football fans are "college/fantasy-exclusive" football fans, all because of a #3 QB, probably won't do wonders for generating $, but doesn't hurt.

What I THINK will happen next year in terms of the QB situation will be; 1.) Sniff, 2.) Daniel, 3.) Bray and Stanzi back and forth with the practice squad and number 3 pending potential injuries, similarly to how Daniel was treated his first year as a Saint. However, while I THINK that will happen, I am not fully convinced that that is 100% for certain going to take place. The only thing that I think is etched in stone is that Alex Smurf will be our starting QB...Reid made that very clear from the get-go after we signed him. However, I don't think there is anything etched in stone regarding our future #2, 3 and practice squad QB and that includes Daniel.

I wouldn't cross Stanzi off COMPLETELY, yet. He has at least, sparked Andy Reid's interest, if even to a miniscule extent. If he hadn't, Reid wouldn't have gone out of the way to mention that he has researched him as extensively as he has, by watching every snap he's taken in college and preseason.

And what's sad is that if I could cut any of our 4 current QB's, it'd be Smith. That's how little faith I have in his capability to lead us to anywhere, but nowhere. My personal faves on our roster are Bray and Stanzi... I guess I was just destined to live a life of being the #1 fan of the #3 QB on an under-achieving football team. This coming season will presumably be my 3rd year in a row with that status.

bevischief 05-03-2013 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ChiefGator 05-03-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9654543)

That's awesome...

FringeNC 05-03-2013 08:23 AM

Bray's dad seems like an ass:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/...ft-was-brutal/

The father of Tyler Bray said his son is “very excited’’ about signing a free agent contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, but Jeff Bray couldn’t mask his disappointed over the former Tennessee quarterback going undrafted when he was projected to be picked as high as the second round by some draft analysts.

“It was brutal,’’ Jeff Bray said in a phone interview to The Sports Animal, of watching the draft from his home in California with Tyler.

“I personally think with that kind of talent, to sit through something like that, it just amazes me.’’

Tyler Bray sometimes did some amazing things as Tennessee’s quarterback, throwing for 3,612 yards and 34 touchdowns last season and ranking among UT’s top four all-time in TD passes and passing yards. He has the school record for most 400-yard games (four) and passed for 530 against Troy, second most in SEC history.

But he never beat a ranked team, won just two SEC games in his last two seasons at Tennessee, endured some off-the-field issues and didn’t display the leadership qualities NFL scouts desire from a quarterback.

Jeff Bray said Tyler signed a three-year free agent contract with Kansas City with bonuses for making the roster and the practice squad. He said Chiefs coach Andy Reid called before the draft ended, expressing an interest in Bray.

“Nobody wants him (in the draft), then for two hours the phone does not stop ringing from different teams,’’ Jeff Bray said. “As a parent, you say: ‘You want him now, but you didn’t want him in the draft?’ ’’

Jeff Bray said two teams, including the Pittsburgh Steelers and coach Mike Tomlin, said they would draft Bray. But the Steelers instead took Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones in the fourth round.

Eleven quarterbacks were selected in the draft, including a guy from Southern Utah and Duke’s Sean Renfree.

“I know I’m his parent, but I don’t see how 11 quarterbacks get picked, and the best quarterback physically is not picked,’’ Jeff Bray said.

ESPN analyst Bill Polian, former general manager of the Indianapolis Colts, said Tyler Bray had an inconsistent release point which affected his accuracy and he questioned Bray’s decision making.

Tyler Bray might have hurt himself during his Quarterback Camp session on ESPN with Jon Gruden, saying on a 1-to-10 scale his game preparation was a seven or eight and that some of his off-the-field antics were due to a lack of maturity.

Jeff Bray said if a player isn’t picked by the sixth or seventh round, it’s almost better to sign as a free agent so you can pick the best team fit.

“We’re happy,’’ Jeff Bray said. “He’s where he wanted to be (in Kansas City).’’

Chase Daniel, the Chiefs’ backup quarterback, was a counselor at an Elite 11 camp in Los Angeles in which Tyler Bray participated.

Bray will join the Chiefs’ eight-member draft class for a three-day rookie minicamp that begins May 10.

Jimmy Hyams is a freelance contributor.

Saul Good 05-03-2013 09:08 AM

I don't see anything wrong in his comments.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-03-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654764)
I don't see anything wrong in his comments.

This.

A dad confident in his son's ability makes him an ass...?

Easy 6 05-03-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9654476)
And apologies in advance to the MU homeslices, but who the **** is Chase Daniel? Why does he appear to have been given such a nice looking free pass in terms of fulfilling the backup spot?

Honestly, i've never watched him play a down, but go back and look at his senior year stats, yards, completion percentage, touchdown to pick ratio... its all there, he lit it up.

Then he went on to study under Payton and Brees, its not like he doesnt have some solid qualifications.

I still like Stanzi too, hope he does well here or somewhere else.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-03-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9654860)
Honestly, i've never watched him play a down, but go back and look at his senior year stats, yards, completion percentage, touchdown to pick ratio... its all there, he lit it up.

Then he went on to study under Payton and Brees, its not like he doesnt have some solid qualifications.

I still like Stanzi too, hope he does well here or somewhere else.

He is a midget buttchin with a noodle arm.

Nice guy though...

Mother****erJones 05-03-2013 10:22 AM

There's nothing wrong with what he said. It's legit. He's a father looking out for his son. When you get played by the steelers, ofcourse you'll ask oh you wouldn't draft him but you want to sign him?

Easy 6 05-03-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9654873)
He is a midget buttchin with a noodle arm.

Nice guy though...

I keep seeing people say he's little, but everything i find says 6'1 215-220.

As for his arm, i need to go take a look at it... Reid likes to chuck it, so he must see something he likes about the guy to have him as the #2.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-03-2013 01:37 PM

So drafturbators....where would you rank Bray in the '14 QB class?

RealSNR 05-03-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

“Nobody wants him (in the draft), then for two hours the phone does not stop ringing from different teams,’’ Jeff Bray said. “As a parent, you say: ‘You want him now, but you didn’t want him in the draft?’ ’’

Jeff Bray said two teams, including the Pittsburgh Steelers and coach Mike Tomlin, said they would draft Bray. But the Steelers instead took Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones in the fourth round.

Eleven quarterbacks were selected in the draft, including a guy from Southern Utah and Duke’s Sean Renfree.

“I know I’m his parent, but I don’t see how 11 quarterbacks get picked, and the best quarterback physically is not picked,’’ Jeff Bray said.
Well, we know where Tyler gets his meat head personality from, I guess.

Mother****erJones 05-03-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9655277)

Meh, any father would feel that way for their son. I think if bray stayed at UT, and matured and played well he'd be 1st round. He's got the talent but he's very raw. Never had great coaching. Well see what we can do

mikey23545 05-03-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9654680)
Bray's dad seems like an ass.

Quote:

:spock:

mikey23545 05-03-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9652109)
Roll that beautiful bean footage!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R6dm9rN6oTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

philfree 05-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Daddy has a chip on his shoulder. It'd be good if Tyler showed up with a Chip on shoulder too out to prove that all the teams were fools.

Dave Lane 05-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9655291)
Meh, any father would feel that way for their son. I think if bray stayed at UT, and matured and played well he'd be 1st round. He's got the talent but he's very raw. Never had great coaching. Well see what we can do

His release point is insane, its all over the place. I think he's over throwing the ball. As a pitcher screwing around the harder you throw the worse your accuracy. Its the relative short passes he guns that take off on him.

Personally I think he's an idiot that will be a very poor mans Jeff George but I'll remain hopefully. Signing him for free is a no brainer though.

RealSNR 05-03-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9655291)

And parents who do that for their kids are ****ing assholes.

Have you ever been a teacher/coach? It's like that in any activity. Football, baseball, basketball, tennis, chess, wrestling, origami, band, you name it. Parents of some shitty kid demanding that they become the starting pitcher or the quarterback or the leadoff chessmaster because, "My kid is actually the best, you see! You're totally wrong about him. I raised him and know him better than anybody, so you're full of shit, coach!"

There's a difference between saying the kinds of shit that Bray's dad did and being supportive of your child.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-03-2013 03:57 PM

I like the Bray signing.

I think it's fair to say that no QB in this draft was projected to be a starter right from day one (there were certainly no Luck's or RG3's this year).

For that reason, I was fine with the Chiefs signing an undrafted free agent QB who has just as much 'potential' as any QB in this draft, rather than spending a high pick on a QB just so we can say we did.

Tyler Bray has a very high ceiling, but he also has major 'bust' potential. So what's the difference between him and the few other QB's taken in the first few rounds? In terms of a ceiling, not much. But obviously the floor is a lot lower on Bray than Smith or Manuel. But who cares? Isn't the goal to get an ELITE QB? If Smith or Manuel bust, you could end up with another "game-manager" QB, at best. Why is that significant? Well, I think most everyone on here has made it pretty clear how they feel about a "game-manager" QB. We DON'T want one!

So, logically, you would take the guy(s) with the highest reward potential while minimizing your risk (i.e. late round QB, undrafted FA). And that is EXACTLY what THIS draft was! There were no winning lottery tickets in this draft. Is it going to be like that in every draft? No, definitely not. But the Chiefs minimized their risk, while maximizing their potential.

Good move.

rico 05-04-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9654543)

http://cdn3.hark.com/images/000/324/...2/original.jpg

Hahahaha, hahahaa, why?

Haha, was it really that bad? If so, hopefully it wasn't due to a bunch of typos.

On an honest note, it't the end of the year, I have a lot of final paper and test due in the near future....with that said, I was pretty spun on the adderall when I typed that. Usually when you'll see a long, rambling post from me, there is a pretty decent chance that I took my adderall that night.

rico 05-04-2013 12:18 AM

Interesting stuff about Bray's dad...he seems like an outspoken cat. I don't mind that. I've been reading the Vols boards a lot lately...I have no connection to Tennessee whatsoever, but I checked it out when we signed Bray and it's seriously a pretty interesting board. They are a fun/rabid fanbase. Anyways, Jeff Bray's name is brought up frequently. I guarantee we will hear more from him.

xztop123 05-04-2013 01:42 AM

What you guys are speculating on is how Bray might do if he were selected in the top 3 rounds.

The fact that he went undrafted means that he will never see whatever potential he may have. And the reason is that giving a QB a legit chance is a large commitment for a coaching staff, as far as the amount of work you're putting into one guy and neglecting from other possible QB's. This really speaks volumes to the fact that we've trotted Thigpen Huard Palko and Cassel out there... Especially the ones that we had invested the playbook and practice reps into.

Essentially what I'm saying is there are probably other Tom Brady's in the world that just never got the shot.

bevischief 05-04-2013 03:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9656351)
http://cdn3.hark.com/images/000/324/...2/original.jpg

Hahahaha, hahahaa, why?

Haha, was it really that bad? If so, hopefully it wasn't due to a bunch of typos.

On an honest note, it't the end of the year, I have a lot of final paper and test due in the near future....with that said, I was pretty spun on the adderall when I typed that. Usually when you'll see a long, rambling post from me, there is a pretty decent chance that I took my adderall that night.

mdchiefsfan 05-04-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9656413)
What you guys are speculating on is how Bray might do if he were selected in the top 3 rounds.

The fact that he went undrafted means that he will never see whatever potential he may have. And the reason is that giving a QB a legit chance is a large commitment for a coaching staff, as far as the amount of work you're putting into one guy and neglecting from other possible QB's. This really speaks volumes to the fact that we've trotted Thigpen Huard Palko and Cassel out there... Especially the ones that we had invested the playbook and practice reps into.

Essentially what I'm saying is there are probably other Tom Brady's in the world that just never got the shot.

Not many other teams have an offense-minded HC, a OC who was a QB in the NFL, a QB coach, and a spread game analyst/special projects coach who has a background with QBs as well. There appears to be more coaches, on our team, to focus on the development of our 3rd string QB than on most other teams. Could be wishful thinking, but time will tell.

FRCDFED 05-04-2013 06:55 AM

Wasn't Romo an UDFA? It's not like it would be the first time an UDFA went on to become a starting NFL QB.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-04-2013 07:22 AM

Can't wait for bray to steal the headlines during the rookie mini camp

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:26 AM

Hope Bray is training camp warrior.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9656474)
Can't wait for bray to steal the headlines during the rookie mini camp

And what will those headlines say ?

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9656480)

Mediocrity at best to continue for foreseeable future. / Teicher

Mr_Tomahawk 05-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9656480)

Bray goes 26/27 in passing drill

*only miss comes from a bet where bray stands on the 50 and hits the fountains in the K.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9648694)
you cant coach up raw measurables.
If Reid can beat some brains into this guy...

you can't coach up stupid either, but to your point....%(/

At least we will have something to look forward to on the side during TC whether this kid actually makes progress OR we get some great humor from our own Chiefs 'Bull Durham' Tyler "The Nuke" Bray:p

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9656491)
Bray goes 26/27 in passing drill

*only miss comes from a bet where bray stands on the 50 and hits the fountains in the K.

or hits the KCWolf mascot in pre-game pre-season warmup.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:46 AM

Which hotel should we stay at in February?

ARROW2 05-04-2013 07:55 AM

Coming from someone who wanted Geno. I have rewatched the Bray highlights and I think he is the most "talented" QB coming out of college right now and the most "talented" QB on the roster, hands down. His pocket presence is better than anything we have witnessed in a long time as Chiefs fans, and the arm? Please, this dude is good and he knows it, hence the perceived overconfidence in his arm, gunslinger mentality. That's exactly what this team needs, a mfkin gunslinger!!!! F playing it safe. So what he got a ticket jet skiing? So what there were some beer bottles kicked or whatever from a roof, balcony or whatever? No charges were filed. That's all we got? Uncoachable? We'll see. Sometimes when you are that talented and young, you can come off that way but what I saw on film?

The way this dude can buy time and sling it if off the charts compared to everyone else. Additionally, he is always looking to make the big play, which I fkin like!!!! Chiefs fans have been trained to go for the conservative, game manager. How has that turned out in the last 40+ years? Bray is the most "talented" QB on this roster. Best QB? He has to prove it but he is heads and shoulders above even Alex Smith in "natural" talent. I am pulling for this dude, he has "IT" potential....real talk..

TomBarndtsTwin 05-04-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9656461)
Wasn't Romo an UDFA? It's not like it would be the first time an UDFA went on to become a starting NFL QB.

Yes, he was. Tyler Bray = a stronger armed version of Romo?

Time will tell . . . .

FringeNC 05-04-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9655388)
:spock:

I think Bray's dad is enabling his son's immaturity by reminding everyone that Bray is the most physically gifted QB in the draft. Instead, his father should have made comments along the line that Tyler is disappointed he wasn't drafted but it was a real wake-up call for him, and that Tyler realizes that physical ability alone is not enough in the NFL.

Sounds to me like his dad is in denial about what actually happened on draft day, and that can't be good for Bray. Bray needs some tough love, not coddling from an immature parent who wants to live vicariously through his son.

ARROW2 05-04-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9656536)
I think Bray's dad is enabling his son's immaturity by reminding everyone that Bray is the most physically gifted QB in the draft. Instead, his father should have made comments along the line that Tyler is disappointed he wasn't drafted but it was a real wake-up call for him, and that Tyler realizes that physical ability alone is not enough in the NFL.

Sounds to me like his dad is in denial about what actually happened on draft day, and that can't be good for Bray. Bray needs some tough love, not coddling from an immature parent who wants to live vicariously through his son.

He is the most physically gifted, that's pretty evident.....He is kinda kaepernickish without the running and slides around the pocket like a pro. I saw some savvy and most of all BIG BALLS. Not afraid to make a play.......

Dave Lane 05-04-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656476)
Hope Bray is training camp fodder.

FYP

Mr. Laz 05-04-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9656600)
FYP

why would you want Bray to be TC fodder?

He has more upside than any other QB we have on the roster.

I imagine it's Smith-Daniels-Bray this year.

Hopefully, after riding the pine for awhile, Bray gets a clue and reaches his potential.

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 10:33 AM

I want a QB who will be coached well and won't be afraid to take shots imagine Charles running without 11 in the box all the time

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 10:34 AM

Pathetic to think Some on here would rather be right than kc win

jspchief 05-04-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656485)
Mediocrity at best to continue for foreseeable future. / Teicher

That's not a headline. It's Teicher's resume.

milkman 05-04-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9656515)
Coming from someone who wanted Geno. I have rewatched the Bray highlights and I think he is the most "talented" QB coming out of college right now and the most "talented" QB on the roster, hands down. His pocket presence is better than anything we have witnessed in a long time as Chiefs fans, and the arm? Please, this dude is good and he knows it, hence the perceived overconfidence in his arm, gunslinger mentality. That's exactly what this team needs, a mfkin gunslinger!!!! F playing it safe. So what he got a ticket jet skiing? So what there were some beer bottles kicked or whatever from a roof, balcony or whatever? No charges were filed. That's all we got? Uncoachable? We'll see. Sometimes when you are that talented and young, you can come off that way but what I saw on film?

The way this dude can buy time and sling it if off the charts compared to everyone else. Additionally, he is always looking to make the big play, which I fkin like!!!! Chiefs fans have been trained to go for the conservative, game manager. How has that turned out in the last 40+ years? Bray is the most "talented" QB on this roster. Best QB? He has to prove it but he is heads and shoulders above even Alex Smith in "natural" talent. I am pulling for this dude, he has "IT" potential....real talk..

There is a difference between being a gunslinger and playing stupid.

Aaron Rodgers is a gunslinger that plays under control, which is why he is the best QB in the game right now, and a better QB than Brett Farve ever ws.

The stupid risks that Farve took throughout his career cost his team games and playoff opportunities over and over, and over.

His only real successful campaigns were in '96, '97, and '98, when Holmgren was able to get Favre to play with some control, and to pick his risks.

CaliforniaChief 05-04-2013 11:31 AM

Obviously it would be awesome if Reid can fix Bray and he becomes the guy. But I'm not holding my breath.

Then again, it's a no-risk proposition, really. Anytime you can bring someone in with the talent to be a star QB, you do it every time.

Mr. Laz 05-04-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9656739)

agreed

I hope every QB on the Chiefs roster becomes a HOF elite QB. We can keep the best one and trade the others off for two 1st round picks each.

I hope Albert and Fisher become the 2 best OT's in the history of the NFL and Charles runs for 3,000 yards each season.

:shrug:

jd1020 05-04-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9656739)

Personally, I'd rather be wrong and have the Chiefs win. However, I'm afraid my opinions on this teams QBs will be proven right.

Not a good start for the FO either.

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9656857)
agreed

I hope every QB on the Chiefs roster becomes a HOF elite QB. We can keep the best one and trade the others off for two 1st round picks each.

I hope Albert and Fisher become the 2 best OT's in the history of the NFL and Charles runs for 3,000 yards each season.

:shrug:

Exactly I'm not an egomaniac like pioli so I hope I'm wrong on things in order for kc to win. Just seems some on here wana be able to say 'See Alex sucks!'

Mr_Tomahawk 05-04-2013 12:30 PM

http://kckingdom.com/2013/05/04/sign...s-city-chiefs/

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 01:46 PM

6'6" 232 coming to rape an NFL team near you! :)

O.city 05-04-2013 01:47 PM

Don't really like bray in a pure wco, but I Reid isn't normally a pure wco

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9656692)
why would you want Bray to be TC fodder?

He has more upside than any other QB we have on the roster.

I imagine it's Smith-Daniels-Bray this year.

Hopefully, after riding the pine for awhile, Bray gets a clue and reaches his potential.

I love upside.

ARROW2 05-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9656819)
There is a difference between being a gunslinger and playing stupid.

Aaron Rodgers is a gunslinger that plays under control, which is why he is the best QB in the game right now, and a better QB than Brett Farve ever ws.

The stupid risks that Farve took throughout his career cost his team games and playoff opportunities over and over, and over.

His only real successful campaigns were in '96, '97, and '98, when Holmgren was able to get Favre to play with some control, and to pick his risks.

Why do you assume he's stupid? Also, Favre is way better than what we have seen on this team in awhile. Ain't you tired of game managing QBs scared to make mistakes and never making any plays or too brainwashed and dumbed down to make any game winning and playoff winning plays? F that conservative bullshit. I like a QB who has the balls to win the big games....

ARROW2 05-04-2013 03:37 PM

Oh that's right, he got that one ticket while jet skiing.

Tombstone RJ 05-04-2013 08:01 PM

dude's got a rifle and a quick release, both real good for the pro game. We shall see if Reid can refine him into an NFL QB.

tecumseh 05-04-2013 08:06 PM

Andy's got to torque this kid to the SB in 16'. Let's Rock!

Cannibal 05-04-2013 08:09 PM

Hope he gets a ton of PT in the preseason.

milkman 05-04-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9657212)
Why do you assume he's stupid? Also, Favre is way better than what we have seen on this team in awhile. Ain't you tired of game managing QBs scared to make mistakes and never making any plays or too brainwashed and dumbed down to make any game winning and playoff winning plays? F that conservative bullshit. I like a QB who has the balls to win the big games....

There's a difference between taking risk and just being stupid with the ball.

Brett Favre was stupid.

He tried to fit balls into tight windows in triple coverage.
Tried throwing the ball 40 yards downfield to the left while running to the right, or 60 yards downfield while running to his left.

He had too much confidence in his gun, and he, and the Pack, paid for it.

Bray has the propensity for the same stupidity.

Take your risks.
Every great QB does.

But they are smart about it.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-06-2013 08:27 PM

"Check back on Tuesday for Part II of the interview with Alex Smith, who praised the Chiefs loyal fans and shared his thoughts on the team's acquisition of Tennessee QB Tyler Bray."

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...8-8ffad2899792

:p

Mr_Tomahawk 05-06-2013 08:30 PM

"Tyler Bray – It’s rare that the most talented quarterback in a draft class goes undrafted, but all 32 teams had good reason for passing on Bray, who clearly should have stayed at Tennessee for his senior season, despite a coaching change in Knoxville. Bray has the size and arm strength that NFL teams love, and he’s great at throwing the ball deep, but there are still questions regarding his leadership abilities and his dedication. After going undrafted, Bray signed with Kansas City, which is actually a good situation for him.

Andy Reid has taken far less talented quarterbacks, like A.J. Feely and Kevin Kolb, worked with them and given them a chance to play in the NFL, so he’s definitely a guy that can help to develop Bray. If Bray can improve his work ethic and learn a few things from Reid, then a couple years from now he could be in position to take over for Alex Smith in Kansas City. He has all the talent in the world, but he needs to get it together above the shoulders if he wants to have a career in the NFL."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...kings-and-more

:p

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 08:34 PM

I want a Bray jersey :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9663645)
I want a Bray jersey :)

This. I may be the biggest hater evah, but I'd love to see Bray just ****ing explode under Reid.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 09:41 PM

I think Bray will get us there when the tattoo goes. A clean man wins the title.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThadEugenia (Post 9663811)
I think Bray will get us there when the tattoo goes. A clean man wins the title.

Ben Rapelessberger says hi