ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

DJJasonp 08-23-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9908772)
I haven't seen The Town. What's it about?

Bank heists.....really good flick

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)
Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

The Town
Good Will Hunting
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Argo

Among others

DJJasonp 08-23-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9908784)
The Town
Good Will Hunting
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Argo

Among others

I also enjoyed changing lanes

Frazod 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908779)
I don't want to ruin the movie for you. But IMO, it's as good as The Departed.

Affleck and Jeremy Renner were awesome.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

O.city 08-23-2013 02:01 PM

I'd say the town and the departed are pretty close

Fish 08-23-2013 02:02 PM

I just can't see Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Just cannot see it in any way. That's just not the type of actor that I would think represented that type of character. He's just not the mean tough guy type that the character needs. Just feels too much like they forced the actor onto the character with no regard to trying to "Fit" the character.

Pepe Silvia 08-23-2013 02:12 PM

****ing outrage.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9908816)
I just can't see Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Just cannot see it in any way. That's just not the type of actor that I would think represented that type of character. He's just not the mean tough guy type that the character needs. Just feels too much like they forced the actor onto the character with no regard to trying to "Fit" the character.

Part of being a great actor is making people forget that they're not watching the real life person but a character. Heath Ledger wasn't Heath Ledger in his role: He was The Joker. Heath Ledger disappeared. Very few actors have that ability.

I thought Bale was "fine" as Bruce Wayne but the star of the trilogy was Christopher Nolan. I think there are more than a handful of people that were capable of doing what Bale did as Batman.

All that said, Affleck is Warner's superstar these days and rightfully so. He should have won the Oscar for best director for "Argo" and was a fine actor. The Warner Brothers brass *think* they have another Clint Eastwood in Affleck, so this move is unsurprising.

Ebolapox 08-23-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9908483)
Affleck you were the bomb in Phantoms, yo!

repost.

Brock 08-23-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908829)
Part of being a great actor is making people forget that they're not watching the real life person but a character. Heath Ledger wasn't Heath Ledger in his role: He was The Joker. Heath Ledger disappeared. Very few actors have that ability.

I thought Bale was "fine" as Bruce Wayne but the star of the trilogy was Christopher Nolan. I think there are more than a handful of people that were capable of doing what Bale did as Batman.

All that said, Affleck is Warner's superstar these days and rightfully so. He should have won the Oscar for best director for "Argo" and was a fine actor. The Warner Brothers brass *think* they have another Clint Eastwood in Affleck, so this move is unsurprising.

Doesn't have the presence of Eastwood, or the chops of Bale. He's fine when he isn't having to carry the whole thing.

blaise 08-23-2013 02:29 PM

How hard could it be? Half the time Batman runs around. And 25% of the time he just sort of mumbles and mopes. Just depends on his good the script and direction is.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9908816)

I like Affleck, always have. Never got the hatred on him. Even Gigli was only boring and mildly unfocused.

But he has a body language that is the antithesis of Batman/Bruce Wayne. A percolating uncertainty that's perfect for an overachieving outsider. There's a set to his jaw that says 'someone is going to find me out any moment now.'

Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to exude privilege and omnipresence.

Then there's this ;)

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...actions-07.jpg

cabletech94 08-23-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908885)
I like Affleck, always have. Never got the hatred on him. Even Gigli was only boring and mildly unfocused.

But he has a body language that is the antithesis of Batman/Bruce Wayne. A percolating uncertainty that's perfect for an overachieving outsider. There's a set to his jaw that says 'someone is going to find me out any moment now.'

Then there's this ;)

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...actions-07.jpg

kippendorf's tribe!!!!! and mr. somethingorothersopus!!!!!! LMAO

dirk digler 08-23-2013 02:50 PM

I will probably will never watch another Batman movie because I don't think they will anyway compare to how great the last 3 were with Nolan and Bale. And Ledger's performance was IMO was legendary.

Molitoth 08-23-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908829)

This same kind of crazyness hit the interwebz when they announced Heath ledger was going to be the Joker. All the fanbois got SO ANGRY.

I told people to go watch "Lords of Dogtown" and tell me Heath Ledger can't step into a character. I was right.

Ben A in a Batman costume isn't going to be terrible... it's just that the Batman Nolan trilogy just got wrapped up, and now they are doing this already.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9908861)
Doesn't have the presence of Eastwood, or the chops of Bale. He's fine when he isn't having to carry the whole thing.

He may not have the leading man appeal of Eastwood but he's just as a good, if not better, in the director's chair and a great screenwriter and story teller.

I don't understand Bale's appeal. He was great in The Mechanic and Rescue Dawn and everything else is just "okay".

I think JGL was far more mesmerizing and interesting in TDKR.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 02:57 PM

Has there ever been such an early backlash that they scrapped who was going to play a certain part?

dirk digler 08-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9908918)

Ben A in a Batman costume isn't going to be terrible... it's just that the Batman Nolan trilogy just got wrapped up, and now they are doing this already.

This too. It appears Hollywood is out of ideas so they keep shoveling out the same shit. There will probably be 100 Transformers movies come out before I am dead.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9908938)
This too. It appears Hollywood is out of ideas so they keep shoveling out the same shit. There will probably be 100 Transformers movies come out before I am dead.

Good grief. Do you realize that in 2013, sequels have brought in far more money than original movies?

No one has "run out of ideas". Studios cater to the public. Period.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9908936)
Has there ever been such an early backlash that they scrapped who was going to play a certain part?

No. And Affleck's already started an intense training regime in order to beef up for the role.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908945)
No. And Affleck's already started an intense training regime in order to beef up for the role.

**** me in the ass!

007 08-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

jennifer will kick his ass.

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Sooooo, did you really write a Sci Fy movie?

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908934)
He may not have the leading man appeal of Eastwood but he's just as a good, if not better, in the director's chair and a great screenwriter and story teller.

I don't understand Bale's appeal. He was great in The Mechanic and Rescue Dawn and everything else is just "okay".

I think JGL was far more mesmerizing and interesting in TDKR.

The overall movie made those films good, not Bale. He didn't really hurt it, but they were good simply because of him.

BWillie 08-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9908814)
I'd say the town and the departed are pretty close

Absolutely not. The Town was good, I just love The Departed so much. Departed is a Top 10 movie of all time for me. JIMHO though

BWillie 08-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

All these actors have got to be in touch with Biogensis or something. You see them routinely gain or lose like 50 lbs for roles. I have to hand it to them, they are dedicated for the part. They almost always get to the target weight

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908979)
Absolutely not. The Town was good, I just love The Departed so much. Departed is a Top 10 movie of all time for me. JIMHO though

That

Valiant 08-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9908918)
This same kind of crazyness hit the interwebz when they announced Heath ledger was going to be the Joker. All the fanbois got SO ANGRY.

I told people to go watch "Lords of Dogtown" and tell me Heath Ledger can't step into a character. I was right.

They are doing this so they can get in on the money.

With avengers sucess of a billion dollars, they want in on it.

Valiant 08-23-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908985)
All these actors have got to be in touch with Biogensis or something. You see them routinely gain or lose like 50 lbs for roles. I have to hand it to them, they are dedicated for the part. They almost always get to the target weight

They are actors. Some of them work out 6 to 10 hours a day for roles.

But some probably do juice.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908942)
Good grief. Do you realize that in 2013, sequels have brought in far more money than original movies?

This Beanie Baby is worth $350!!!

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:19 PM

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/statu...25140231118848

@DrPhil If a girl is drunk, is it OK for Ben Affleck to play Batman?

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908979)

I think The Departed is one of the most overrated movies of the last 30 years, and it gets more hype than what it deserves because the Academy gave Scorsese an Oscar out of guilt after screwing him with Goodfellas.

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908942)

I get it but I am just a little fatigued over sequels and comic book movies.

Give me something new..please.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9909012)
I think The Departed is one of the most overrated movies of the last 30 years, and it gets more hype than what it deserves because the Academy gave Scorsese an Oscar out of guilt after screwing him with Goodfellas.

I actually believe that The Town is even better than The Departed but I do like the movie quite a bit.

Nicholson is great but I prefer Pete Postlewaite. Damon, DiCaprio and Wahlberg were all very good but I prefer Renner and Affleck.

Blake Lively is in my Top Five. She's a combination of a dirty white trash hot chick and an elegant beauty.

Ryan Reynolds got it right this time.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9909021)

There are plenty of great movies released every year. You'll just need to dig a little harder to find them because they don't have enormously bloated marketing budgets.

blaise 08-23-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9909021)

Yeah, I'm done with Superhero movies and CGI explosionfests in general. Theres's basically no drama in the storyline. There might be some little twists, a secondary character might die, bu you're really just following the same familiar path. It's tired. I know people like them but to me they've gotten to be a bore.

Fish 08-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that says it better than I managed. Nothing against Affleck really. He's done some good stuff that I've certainly enjoyed. But this just seems completely miscast and I don't understand it at all.

Quote:

LMAO..

Frazod 08-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

I agree that it's overrated, but I still really enjoyed it. I mainly remember it now for the sheer number of head shot killings.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

People don't like The Departed, they like the Dropkick Murphys.

That said, mentioning the movie reminded me of one of John Oliver's BEST jokes on The Daily Show, calling Anthony Weiner 'Tighty Whitey Bulger.'

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909030)
There are plenty of great movies released every year. You'll just need to dig a little harder to find them because they don't have enormously bloated marketing budgets.

I am looking forward to a few movies coming out like Bale's new movie. Looks pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9909032)
Yeah, I'm done with Superhero movies and CGI explosionfests in general. Theres's basically no drama in the storyline. There might be some little twists, a secondary character might die, bu you're really just following the same familiar path. It's tired. I know people like them but to me they've gotten to be a bore.

Yep I feel the exact same way.

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909026)
I actually believe that The Town is even better than The Departed but I do like the movie quite a bit.

Nicholson is great but I prefer Pete Postlewaite. Damon, DiCaprio and Wahlberg were all very good but I prefer Renner and Affleck.

Blake Lively is in my Top Five. She's a combination of a dirty white trash hot chick and an elegant beauty.

Totally agree with you about The Town, it is one of my favorite movies. I especially loved Jon Hamm's part.

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:52 PM

Can anyone tell me if Dane wrote a Sci Fy movie or not. I keep asking him but he's not answering.

CoMoChief 08-23-2013 03:56 PM

This is just so full of FAIL it's not even funny.

I'm deeply upset at this. So wish Bale would have returned as Batman.

But ****ing Ben Affleck?

Hey the might as well trot out an Aquaman movie starring Adrian Grenier...because this move is on that level of stupid/FAIL.

Easy 6 08-23-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9907413)
Great. Another shitty batman. Nobody can touch Keaton. Bale was bullshit. So will Affleck

Wha? LMAO

All 5 foot 5 of Keaton was the best batman? dude, get outta here... he may have been just fine for it as an actor, but a superhero has to look the part.

Bale was the best thing besides Nolan to ever happen to that franchise... i'm not sure how i feel about Affleck though, he's a good enough actor, but i need some time to digest this...

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9909082)
Can anyone tell me if Dane wrote a Sci Fy movie or not. I keep asking him but he's not answering.

Dude, I work in Film and TV but I am not a screenwriter

keg in kc 08-23-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909112)
Dude, I work in Film and TV but I am not a screenwriter

Yeah, I wouldn't admit to it either. It was just awful. Good thing you used a nom de plume.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9909121)
Yeah, I wouldn't admit to it either. It was just awful. Good thing you used a nom de plume.

LMAO

I think most people have figured out what I do. I've certainly given away enough hints in the past six months.

mdchiefsfan 08-23-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9908573)
This might be nuts, but could Jon Hamm have pulled it off?

And I had to go look this guys name up, but wouldn't this dude have been an awesome 'older' batman as well?

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...niello-440.jpg

Joe Manganiello (I don't know if anyone would've recognized the name). Dude's already built like a truck and I think he was in Spiderman, so it's not something he's unfamiliar with.

Affleck? Suck pick. Even if Hamm couldn't have done it, Manganiello would've killed it.

EDIT: I see I Q'd the Jon Hamm suggestion.

Somebody else I know, said they wanted John Hamm as Batman, too. I've never seen him in anything.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9909131)
Somebody else I know, said they wanted John Hamm as Batman, too. I've never seen him in anything.

Yeah, I don't get that at all.

To me, John Hamm is John Hamm in everything he does. He may not be as moody or complicated at Don Draper but I've never seen him "disappear" into a role and think "Wow, that was amazing!".

It's usually different a shade of John Hamm.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2013 04:36 PM

It's pretty obvious Warner's wanted an A List star, who was late 30s to early 40s.

Jon Hamm isn't a big enough name. WB doesn't care about the lunatic fanboys who are complaining. Those guys will go see the movie anyways.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9909152)
It's pretty obvious Warner's wanted an A List star, who was late 30s to early 40s.

Jon Hamm isn't a big enough name. WB doesn't care about the lunatic fanboys who are complaining. Those guys will go see the movie anyways.

I'll be shocked if Affleck doesn't nail it. With he and Zach Snyder on set, it should be amazing.

That said, if it were up to me, I'd hire Affleck to direct and hire a different actor as Batman.

Hopefully, Affleck's sensibilities will rub off on Snyder.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909159)
I'll be shocked if Affleck doesn't nail it. With he and Zach Snyder on set, it should be amazing.

That said, if it were up to me, I'd hire Affleck to direct and hire a different actor as Batman.

Hopefully, Affleck's sensibilities will rub off on Snyder.

Agreed. While I like Snyder more than you, ill admit there is room for improvement. He really impressed me with MoS though.

jspchief 08-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9909004)
They are actors. Some of them work out 6 to 10 hours a day for roles.

But some probably do juice.

You can't work out 6 hours per day and gain muscle mass. Your body wouldn't have time to repair.

Unless you are using something that speeds the recovery. Like steroids.

Discuss Thrower 08-23-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909143)

To me, John Hamm is John Hamm in everything he does. He may not be as moody or complicated at Don Draper but I've never seen him "disappear" into a role and think "Wow, that was amazing!".

What about when Jon is schilling his latest restaurant collab with Michael Buble?

... and is your garage air conditioned?

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9909195)
What about when Jon is schilling his latest restaurant collab with Michael Buble?

... and is your garage air conditioned?

Not air conditioned but it's made of concrete and steel, so it's nice and cool at night.

There's even a private entrance.

:D

Discuss Thrower 08-23-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909203)
Not air conditioned but it's made of concrete and steel, so it's nice and cool at night.

There's even a private entrance.

:D

The prospects of following Horace Greeley's advice seem more and more promising every day Dane.

By god I'll be the next J Michael Strazinsky or Aaron Sorkin.. with none of the ego.

rocknrolla 08-23-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9907850)
Keaton was good, don't get me wrong. I loved Pfeiffer in her role in the movies as well. But c'mon, better than Bale? Bale just looks like some rich snob that actually has a heart, and has the athleticism to do the things expected of Batman. Keaton was in Mr. Mom.

Bale played a great rich bastard in Shaft.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9909038)
I agree that it's overrated, but I still really enjoyed it. I mainly remember it now for the sheer number of head shot killings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9909048)
People don't like The Departed, they like the Dropkick Murphys.

That said, mentioning the movie reminded me of one of John Oliver's BEST jokes on The Daily Show, calling Anthony Weiner 'Tighty Whitey Bulger.'

For the sake of clarity--the film itself is actually pretty good. It's just good and overrated.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9909089)
This is just so full of FAIL it's not even funny.

I'm deeply upset at this. So wish Bale would have returned as Batman.

But ****ing Ben Affleck?

Hey the might as well trot out an Aquaman movie starring Adrian Grenier...because this move is on that level of stupid/FAIL.

And CoMo writes Affleck's Oscar speech two years in advance.

O.city 08-23-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909026)

She was awesome in Savages, which surprisingly, was good

KCwolf 08-23-2013 06:29 PM

Bale was Batman for this Genre...... Better be awesome to escape that

007 08-23-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909125)
LMAO

I think most people have figured out what I do. I've certainly given away enough hints in the past six months.

You are a message board asshole duh.

Fire Me Boy! 08-23-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

I think The Departed is one of the most overrated movies of the last 30 years, and it gets more hype than what it deserves ...

This.

Quote:

... because the Academy gave Scorsese an Oscar out of guilt after screwing him with Goodfellas.

Not this. It got the Oscar because the previous year they screwed him with Gangs of New York.

keg in kc 08-23-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909125)
LMAO

I think most people have figured out what I do.

Steel Rockbone, adult film producer in the valley.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9909594)
Steel Rockbone, adult film producer in the valley.

LMAO

But I did meet Sunny Leone's husband this week.

What a weird lifestyle.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909143)

Did you watch 'The Unit.'

Created by Shawn Ryan

Dennis Haysbert, Robert Patrick, Scott Foley.

noa 08-23-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9909619)

Created by Shawn Ryan

And Max Martini, who is popping up in more stuff. I liked the Unit for many reasons, including David Mamet. But it got a little much for me when Robert Patrick shtooped one of the wives.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9909647)
And Max Martini, who is popping up in more stuff. I liked the Unit for many reasons, including David Mamet. But it got a little much for me when Robert Patrick shtooped one of the wives.

Tiffi, Martini's 'Gerhardt's' wife.

Reason I asked Dane is b/c John Hamm was the first guy, the civilian, Tiffi cheated with.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9909470)
This.

Not this. It got the Oscar because the previous year they screwed him with Gangs of New York.

I never actually saw Gangs, but I was under the impression that it was generally considered a notch below Goodfellas and Taxi Driver.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9909619)

Created by Shawn Ryan

I saw a few episodes, with Robert Patrick, IIRC, but no John Hamm.

Are you asking because he wasn't "John Hamm" in that show or just curious?

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909744)
I saw a few episodes, with Robert Patrick, IIRC, but no John Hamm.

Are you asking because he wasn't "John Hamm" in that show or just curious?

Can't recall if he was. Saw the episodes before John Hamm was John Hamm, remembered the character, but didn't connect the two until I saw it in his credits a couple weeks ago.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9909759)
Can't recall if he was. Saw the episodes before John Hamm was John Hamm, remembered the character, but didn't connect the two until I saw it in his credits a couple weeks ago.

On 30 Rock, he was just the "happy" and "non-greased back hair" John Hamm.

I've got Clear History on the DVR but in the promos, he looks like the "happy" Don Draper.

Much love for his success (and God knows, it's a one in 7 billion chance to become such a star) but IMO, he doesn't have any range.

He's always just different shades of John Hamm, IMO.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9909710)
I never actually saw Gangs, but I was under the impression that it was generally considered a notch below Goodfellas and Taxi Driver.

I'd recommend it. It's visually stunning and DDL is amazing, as always.

Scorsese's POV is interesting as well, which you'll understand after watching the entire film.

IMO, it's not his best (Casino, Goodfellas, The Departed, Taxi Driver and Mean Streets all rank far ahead), but it's a good watch.

Setsuna 08-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909609)
LMAO

But I did meet Sunny Leone's husband this week.

What a weird lifestyle.

Bring your parent to school day....

This is my mom and she wrestles with men on camera...sometimes a whole gang of em!

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9909805)
Bring your parent to school day....

This is my mom and she wrestles with men on camera...sometimes a whole gang of em!

They don't have kids and the husband is a a multimillionaire New York steel magnate.

The smartest people and most successful people I know are listeners, not talkers.

You talk way ****ing too much.

aturnis 08-23-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9907991)
I like it! "Daaaaayyyyyuuummmmm Bruce, you so stoooooopid!"

That would be Rosie Perez, which I would like more. :drool:

Setsuna 08-23-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909808)
They don't have kids and the husband is a a multimillionaire New York steel magnate.

The smartest people and most successful people I know are listeners, not talkers.

You talk way ****ing too much.

You're right. No pornstar in history has ever had children while still being in the business. Forgive my presumption oh great knowledgeable one.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9909841)
You're right. No pornstar in history has ever had children while still being in the business. Forgive my presumption oh great knowledgeable one.

I have you the porn star's name. All you needed to do was look her up before posting, yet you're too ****ing dumb to open another tab and do so before your comment.

You continually talk out of turn and make yourself appear like a dumbass. I'm not the only person on this site that consistently points our your dumbassery.

At what point do you change your ways and not appear to be the dumbest ****ing guy in the room?

Setsuna 08-23-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909845)
I have you the porn star's name. All you needed to do was look her up before posting, yet you're too ****ing dumb to open another tab and do so before your comment.

You continually talk out of turn and make yourself appear like a dumbass. I'm not the only person on this site that consistently points our your dumbassery.

At what point do you change your ways and not appear to be the dumbest ****ing guy in the room?

Dane...I'll pray for you.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9909857)
Dane...I'll pray for you.

Thanks?

I think you need to "pray" to whomever and ask them to somehow stop you from being a dumbass.