ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284130)

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10670387)
He wins games and keeps his team competitive. ultimately that matters more than stats.

Outside of a Manning or Brady, who are they going to get who can perform better?
Posted via Mobile Device

They could literally take half of the back-up QBs in the league, put them on that team, and they would still make the play-offs with Harbaugh coaching and the strength of their roster. The only thing that Kaepernick adds is the guarantee that you'll choke when it really matters and that you'll be wasting a roster spot if you keep more than 3 WRs on your team.

saphojunkie 06-04-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10670395)
the contract lasts 7 seasons...I don't really see how you could interpret it any other way.

I think he's saying it should be considered a 6 year deal since the seventh year (this year) was already under contract.

However, it would come down to whether the signing bonus can be amortized over all seven years he is under contract or only over the 6 year life of the extension.

Now... why the **** this is even worth discussing I couldn't begin to tell you. It's just arguing for arguments' sake. Shit is just semantics.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10670401)
It doesn't matter.

Look at this aspect - lets pretend something happens and in 3 years he's not going to play anymore. For whatever reason.

12-15 mil guaranteed isn't an unrealistic number for that year. So with that money tied up you still have to find another QB. Can you really spend $25-$30 mil on the QB position and be successful?...

The guarantee is a lot...the only thing about that contract I'm not particularly happy with.

Coochie liquor 06-04-2014 03:15 PM

Even more reason to just franchise Smith for a year or 2 and draft his replacement. I can't wait to see what Luck gets when he gets a new contract!

Just Passin' By 06-04-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10670395)
the contract lasts 7 seasons...I don't really see how you could interpret it any other way.

Try using your ****ing head. That's how.

The extension, which is what he reportedly signed, is a 6 year deal. To this point, no reports tell us that this last year was re-done as part of a 7 year deal. That means that the deal is 6 years for up to $120m upon completion of an already agreed upon final year of his earlier deal, not 7 years for up to $120m.

This is basic math.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10670393)
Harbaugh kept the team competitive by limiting Kaepernick's passing attempts and relying on Gore and the Defense.

This. Even when Kaep was asked to throw the ball, Harbaugh kept it simple for Kaep because he isn't capable of operating anything that'll require him to read more than half of the field.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10670405)
I think he's saying it should be considered a 6 year deal since the seventh year (this year) was already under contract.

However, it would come down to whether the signing bonus can be amortized over all seven years he is under contract or only over the 6 year life of the extension.

Now... why the **** this is even worth discussing I couldn't begin to tell you. It's just arguing for arguments' sake. Shit is just semantics.

My understanding is that the bonus can be split up over the 7 years because it is an extension. I'll defer if someone can come in with something concrete to the contrary.

GoChargers 06-04-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

He wins games and keeps his team competitive. ultimately that matters more than stats.

So Tebow deserved $61 million guaranteed after 2011 then?

notorious 06-04-2014 03:19 PM

The downfall of SF started a while back.

Harbaugh is going to burn out the team and this contract is going to strap them if Kap doesn't produce.

Pepe Silvia 06-04-2014 03:20 PM

When he has to become a pocket passer he sucks balls, this was a terrible deal, sorry. As soon as Gore is done he's going to look foolish out there.

saphojunkie 06-04-2014 03:21 PM

I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.

Chief Roundup 06-04-2014 03:21 PM

We can pay Alex Smith, or we can franchise tag him for around 18 mil just for next year or we can draft a QB to keep a lower cap number for that position or go battle with Daniel, Murray or Bray.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10670421)
I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.

I'll be there to see it if he does.

Chief Roundup 06-04-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Outside of a Manning or Brady, who are they going to get who can perform better?
Posted via Mobile Device

By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.

ChiefsCountry 06-04-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670420)
When he has to become a pocket passer he sucks balls, this was a terrible deal, sorry. As soon as Gore is done he's going to look foolish out there.

They got Hyde and Lattimore waiting in the wings. 49ers are fine.

Pepe Silvia 06-04-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670427)

They're not going to be as good as Gore though, he's on another level.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10670425)

Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670428)

Gore is pretty much used up and Hyde will be a better HB. I really like Hyde's upside in that offense...

OnTheWarpath15 06-04-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

If Alex was 24 years old with the potential to be a superstar, I doubt anyone would have issues paying him.

But because Alex is 30 years old and has never once shown that he can play at a high level consistently over his 8? year career - people do have issues.

Deberg_1990 06-04-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

If that's the going rate for decent to above average QBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670428)

They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670434)
Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.

And the other side of the coin are teams that refuse to do so and draft QB's late in the 1st or 2nd and save that money.

If Jay Cutler had played for the Jets, Bills, or Seahawks would they have won more games or been better off?

Seattle won it all with a 2nd year QB and the Jets & Bills wouldn't have made the playoffs with a Cutler anyway...

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670441)
They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.

I think Justin Smith is on his way out...

007 06-04-2014 03:33 PM

Is this anything like the $60 mill guarantee for McNabb in Washington that turned out to NOT be guaranteed?

Just Passin' By 06-04-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10670405)

Jakemail is trying to make the contract more palatable by pretending it's a 7 year deal. He seems to need that crutch.

Pepe Silvia 06-04-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670441)

Good point, but you have to keep something in mind for each of the last few guys you mentioned. With Justin Smith you have an age issue, how much longer does he have? I think you will see a drop off with him. Then you have Aldon Smith who is a head case, can he stay out of trouble? Finally you have to worry if Bowman can bounce back from that nasty injury or not. I think they're an organization on the decline imo but I could be wrong. Time will tell.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10670442)
And the other side of the coin are teams that refuse to do so and draft QB's late in the 1st or 2nd and save that money.

If Jay Cutler had played for the Jets, Bills, or Seahawks would they have won more games or been better off?

Seattle won it all with a 2nd year QB and the Jets & Bills wouldn't have made the playoffs with a Cutler anyway...

The other side is teams that focus on building the actual team and winning with the run game and defense instead of forcing the issue with the passing game. Seahawks and 49ers are the prime examples of this.

JakeLV 06-04-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670383)
Everyone blames it on the "lack of WRs" but that was far from the case. His issues as a passer were most clearly illustrated by the ill-advised decision and throw that he made on his final play in the NFC Championship game last year. He's a one-read guy who can't see the whole field and leaves wide open receivers hanging all of the time. Absolutely no anticipation in the passing game.

You know, I'm actually OK with a one read QB. Some systems can be predicated on that. To even be effective at the NFL level, you gotta have a lot of moving parts and be one read. Presnap reads have to be perfect.

I really just suffer from old-man-itis. I like the surgical pocket passers. His style of play just seems like backyard football. Backyard football should be kept in arena league football IMO.

TEX 06-04-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670450)
The other side is teams that focus on building the actual team and winning with the run game and defense instead of forcing the issue with the passing game. Seahawks and 49ers are the prime examples of this.

Yep, but now the 49'ers are going to have to re-think things because they will be a member $100MIL QB Club.

BeeHo 06-04-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10670351)
Why do people think this cripples SF financially? 60 guaranteed means a 10 mil cap hit for the bonus fro the life of the contract. You could do a contract with reasonable numbers the first 5 years and a balloon at the end.

1. 10 mil bonus + 1 mil base = 11cap hit.
2. 10 mil bonus + 3 mil base = 13 cap hit.
3. 10 mil bonus + 3 mil base = 13 cap hit.
4. 10 mil bonus + 5 mil base = 15 cap hit.
5. 10 mil bonus + 9 mil base = 19 cap hit.
6. 10 mil bonus + 19 mil base = 29 cap hit (never realized, only on the hook for the 10 mil. With the additional tv revenue from the 4 european teams, it's a drop in the bucket).

If he gets hurt you are scrwed, but they could be set at QB for the next 5 years for a reasonable cap hit each year.

your scenario adds up to 100 mil. where's the remaining 26?

kysirsoze 06-04-2014 03:46 PM

So how much is his backup worth?

-King- 06-04-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10670351)
Why do people think this cripples SF financially? 60 guaranteed means a 10 mil cap hit for the bonus fro the life of the contract. You could do a contract with reasonable numbers the first 5 years and a balloon at the end.

1. 10 mil bonus + 1 mil base = 11cap hit.
2. 10 mil bonus + 3 mil base = 13 cap hit.
3. 10 mil bonus + 3 mil base = 13 cap hit.
4. 10 mil bonus + 5 mil base = 15 cap hit.
5. 10 mil bonus + 9 mil base = 19 cap hit.
6. 10 mil bonus + 19 mil base = 29 cap hit (never realized, only on the hook for the 10 mil. With the additional tv revenue from the 4 european teams, it's a drop in the bucket).

If he gets hurt you are scrwed, but they could be set at QB for the next 5 years for a reasonable cap hit each year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670356)
People are dumb and don't understand the salary cap.

I don't think you guys understand it as well as you think you do either.

keg in kc 06-04-2014 03:56 PM

60 guaranteed doesn't mean all 60 is signing bonus, so that's not the number you pro-rate over the life of the contract. You'd need to know how much of that 60 is signing bonus, how much are roster bonuses, how much is guaranteed salary, etc, etc.

keg in kc 06-04-2014 03:57 PM

And....ouch.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10670460)
Yep, but now the 49'ers are going to have to re-think things because they will be a member $100MIL QB Club.

They essentially just made their window smaller.

Vernon Davis is 30 now and has no spectacular traits as a TE beyond his speed. He doesn't have the best ball skills, doesn't have natural hands to consistently high point catches, and disappears against Seattle because Chancellor destroys him everywhere he goes; Kaepernick also seems to have a fetish with throwing the ball in Richard Sherman's direction.

Anquan Boldin is old as well but still plays at a high level. However, he has 2 more years at best and more likely only 1 year.

Justin Smith is turning 35 this year and, while he is still a great player, there has been some noticeable signs of his age slowing him down.

Patrick Willis is 29 and only has 2 more years left, including this year. I'm a big Willis fan, great story if you never heard it, but even I'm not sure if he's still the best MLB on that team anymore. He's likely gone after this contract runs out because of cap issues.

Ray McDonald is turning 30 this year and just had surgery this off-season on a torn bicep. He is only signed through 2016.

Mike Iupati is likely gone next year.

Aldon Smith has tons of legal issues and might be in jail instead of playing football.

Ahmad Brooks is also 30 years old.

IMO, the 49ers have a 2 year window, at best, to win with the current strength of their roster.

Garcia Bronco 06-04-2014 04:07 PM

Lol at the Niners.

Marcellus 06-04-2014 04:20 PM

Word on the street is Kap was seen at Lids today buying a brand new Miami Dolphins hat to celebrate the extension.

OnTheWarpath15 06-04-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670499)
They essentially just made their window smaller.

Vernon Davis is 30 now and has no spectacular traits as a TE beyond his speed. He doesn't have the best ball skills, doesn't have natural hands to consistently high point catches, and disappears against Seattle because Chancellor destroys him everywhere he goes; Kaepernick also seems to have a fetish with throwing the ball in Richard Sherman's direction.

Anquan Boldin is old as well but still plays at a high level. However, he has 2 more years at best and more likely only 1 year.

Justin Smith is turning 35 this year and, while he is still a great player, there has been some noticeable signs of his age slowing him down.

Patrick Willis is 29 and only has 2 more years left, including this year. I'm a big Willis fan, great story if you never heard it, but even I'm not sure if he's still the best MLB on that team anymore. He's likely gone after this contract runs out because of cap issues.

Ray McDonald is turning 30 this year and just had surgery this off-season on a torn bicep. He is only signed through 2016.

Mike Iupati is likely gone next year.

Aldon Smith has tons of legal issues and might be in jail instead of playing football.

Ahmad Brooks is also 30 years old.

IMO, the 49ers have a 2 year window, at best, to win with the current strength of their roster.

Not picking on you, because this is more of a board-attitude type thing...

Funny how people are predicting the demise of the Niners because the above players are 30, yet our players in that age range are going to continue to be impact players for another half-decade.

saphojunkie 06-04-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10670538)
Not picking on you, because this is more of a board-attitude type thing...

Funny how people are predicting the demise of the Niners because the above players are 30, yet our players in that age range are going to continue to be impact players for another half-decade.

Well... duh.

l4z4rd 06-04-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670427)

That's what they said about LaMichael James, look how he turned out.

Easy 6 06-04-2014 04:46 PM

Absotively, posolutely ****ing ridiculous... in a word, reeruned.

Ands that's all I have to say on this deal.

O.city 06-04-2014 04:48 PM

They're paying him for what they think he can do, not what he's done in the past.

It's ballsy, but I'd rather do that than pay for an over the hill shithouse

Dunerdr 06-04-2014 04:52 PM

So I guess mannings underpaid as a Super Bowl losing qb now?

Rausch 06-04-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 10670589)
So I guess mannings underpaid as a Super Bowl losing qb now?

Don't worry, Elway is running things now.

He'll get paid for years under the table after he retires...

OldSchool 06-04-2014 05:26 PM

49ers fans better get used to 7 more years of this then.

http://static.atlantablackstar.com/w...avis-49ers.gif

Kaepernick isn't going to quit trying to throw over Seahawks defenders any time soon. He's not going to be succeeding any time soon either, lol.

Easy 6 06-04-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10670584)
... but I'd rather do that than pay for an over the hill shithouse

You mean Smith, right?

TribalElder 06-04-2014 05:37 PM

ROFL

can't be mad at the douche bag for getting paid

LOL @ Alex

Easy 6 06-04-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670652)
49ers fans better get used to 7 more years of this then.

http://static.atlantablackstar.com/w...avis-49ers.gif

Kaepernick isn't going to quit trying to throw over Seahawks defenders any time soon. He's not going to be succeeding any time soon either, lol.

Smitty would've *gasp* played it safe and not thrown that, living to fight another down.

Screw Kap and his money, so help me God I'd rather have Smith, let the name calling flow, just don't care... he played the meat of the niners season in their first bowl bid with the Ravens but never gets any credit for it, they and everyone else just plain forgot who took them down most of the road.

In the Bowl vs the Ravens his numbers wouldn't have been as gaudy, but I bet he'd have methodically won.

jd1020 06-04-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10670677)
In the Bowl vs the Ravens his numbers wouldn't have been as gaudy, but I bet he'd have methodically won.

You bet a guy that's won one playoff game in his career would have methodically won a SB by doing what he's been doing for 9 years?

highBOLTage 06-04-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10670301)
Kaepernick? I'm not sure of the history there. I was just talking in general. When you've got a top player at a key position, and he's due for a deal, waiting and low balling allows time for another team to sign a similar player for a high number, and that raises the bar for the first guy.

So you are criticizing them for doing what you advocate? This offseason is the first time the 49ers can extend Kaepernick; same with Wilson and Seattle for next offseason.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 05:45 PM

...for a chode douche who will quickly wear thin on his team mates

Easy 6 06-04-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10670678)
You bet a guy that's won one playoff game in his career would have methodically won a SB by doing what he's been doing for 9 years?

Yep, he took them 11 games into the season just fine, theres no reason to think he couldn't have sat a game or two with the concussion and then came back to carry them on into the postseason.

jd1020 06-04-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10670687)
Yep, he took them 11 games into the season just fine, theres no reason to think he couldn't have sat a game or two with the concussion and then came back to carry them on into the postseason.

And given his entire history as a QB, there is no reason to believe Smith would carry anything.

hometeam 06-04-2014 05:51 PM

This thread is funny.

Kaepernick gets overpaid, so due to that, Alex Smith should be overpaid.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10670677)
Smitty would've *gasp* played it safe and not thrown that, living to fight another down.

Screw Kap and his money, so help me God I'd rather have Smith, let the name calling flow, just don't care... he played the meat of the niners season in their first bowl bid with the Ravens but never gets any credit for it, they and everyone else just plain forgot who took them down most of the road.

No, Smith would have thrown a better ball. He would routinely drop deep passes right into Davis' hands. Kaepernick just underthrew that pass enough for Sherman to easily get to it.

Easy 6 06-04-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10670689)
And given his entire history as a QB, there is no reason to believe Smith would carry anything.

Bullshit, he'd finally been under the same system for more than a year and finally had a well rounded team at his command.

The Niners were a JOKE when they drafted him and were for years afterward, lesser players wouldn't have even been around for the renaissance... and, I also believe him to be a classic late bloomer, even his college coach has said as much, he takes a bit to take full command of an offense but when he does its solid.

Anyway, I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, I'll take Smith over Kap any day and its all based on what I believe about football and not because Smith has an arrowhead on his helmet.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 05:58 PM

Can't wait for this clown to get owned by Sherman again....duuuuurrrrr I keep challenge him

O.city 06-04-2014 05:58 PM

That offense is basically tailor made for Kaep and his skillset. Hence, to the 9ers, he's worth that much as they know what he can and can't do and have surrounded him with things that will make him successful.

So, no, he's not really overpaid. Overpaid to me as a Chiefs fan? Sure, I dont' know that he would be as successful in Reid's offense.

Overpaid in that offense and system? Nah.

HoneyBadger 06-04-2014 06:01 PM

God imagine how much manziel will get...

l4z4rd 06-04-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10670678)

Unlike Kaepernick, Smith didn't have the luxury of being drafted to a loaded team.

Rausch 06-04-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10670715)
That offense is basically tailor made for Kaep and his skillset. Hence, to the 9ers, he's worth that much as they know what he can and can't do and have surrounded him with things that will make him successful.

So, no, he's not really overpaid. Overpaid to me as a Chiefs fan? Sure, I dont' know that he would be as successful in Reid's offense.

Overpaid in that offense and system? Nah.

I think he's got huge upside. He willed the 49'ers back in that SB. He made plays up and down the field and I think has he develops and gets more experience that offense will open up as well...

O.city 06-04-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10670725)
I think he's got huge upside. He willed the 49'ers back in that SB. He made plays up and down the field and I think has he develops and gets more experience that offense will open up as well...

I don't know about that. But, the market is set so I'm not sure what else people expect these teams to do.

NinerDoug 06-04-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10670309)
I'm excited for the 2017 season when we trade for him

LMAO.

Deberg_1990 06-04-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10670720)
God imagine how much manziel will get...

If he goes to a Superbowl and AFC championship in his first two years of starting, he will be paid accordingly
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry 06-04-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10670742)
If he goes to a Superbowl and AFC championship in his first two years of starting, he will be paid accordingly
Posted via Mobile Device

If JMF takes the Browns to the Super Bowl he will own the city of Cleveland.

Rausch 06-04-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670754)
If JMF takes the Browns to the Super Bowl he will own the city of Cleveland.

Ugh...yet another expansion team to go to a SB since the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game...:facepalm:

FML 06-04-2014 06:27 PM

at this point, 5 years/$80Mil would be a fair deal for Alex

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 06:40 PM

And Colin is worth every penny of it. Better to sign him now before he becomes an elite top 5 QB, than pay him more later. By year 6 people will be saying he is a bargain. :p

The best part of this is the 6 year duration. The team salary cap is soaring and top QBs signing 2 or 3 years from now will be demanding $22- $25 million per year. Better to get Colin locked up at $18.5 then do a 4 year deal where he demands $24 million per year 5 years from now.

I am LOVING the 6 year duration.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670266)
Same type of deal. They are essentially the same player with Wilson having a ring.

He will probably get something similar if not more than Kap's $18.5 million per year.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10670297)
LMAO

So happy to not be a 49ers fan right now... I hate that douche.

Kap is Steve Young v.2.01. I am freaking thrilled to be a 49ers fan and thrilled to be watching the ascension of the next 2 elite QBs in the NFL with Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick.

Deberg_1990 06-04-2014 06:44 PM

How much is a guy like Andy Dalton worth?

I'm guessing he has better stats than Kaep or Wilson?
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 06-04-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10670867)
Kap is Steve Young v.2.01. I am freaking thrilled to be a 49ers fan and thrilled to be watching the ascension of the next 2 elite QBs in the NFL with Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick.

I swear on my kids souls I'm not saying this just to slam, but its my opinion that this guy will be a perennial disappointment... flashy and talented enough to keep everyone on the edge of their seats, but he believes too much in his own prowess and probably doesn't study enough.

He's Michael Vick 2.01, not Young, in my honest opinion... give the Falcons era Vick this guys Sgt. Rock team and he could've gotten them deep into the playoffs just as easy, shitting the bed all along the way until people started stepping up around him and his pride started bothering him.

He's not a real student of the game and he relies too heavily on his athleticism, that's my honest opinion of the guy.

DTLB58 06-04-2014 06:56 PM

@NFL_ATL: Colin Kaepernick: I wouldn't be here without Alex Smith http://t.co/RaXIcDegJW

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-04-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10670366)
Why do people think he's not worth it?

Sure, he's not top tier, but he's not garbage either.

He wins games and keeps his team competitive.

What in your opinion should he be paid?
Posted via Mobile Device

$8.75 / hour

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10670874)
How much is a guy like Andy Dalton worth?

I'm guessing he has better stats than Kaep or Wilson?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ask and you shall receive.

I can't find a way to do a table so, here are career average years over 16 games for regular season play. I may do playoffs later.

Wins and Losses

A. Dalton - 10 - 6
Kepernick - 12 - 4
R . Wilson - 12- 4
And. Luck - 11 - 5

Passing yards

A. Dalton - 3,786
Kapernick - 2,604
R . Wilson - 3,236
And. Luck - 4,098

Completion %

A. Dalton - 60.9%
Kapernick - 59.8%
R . Wilson - 63.6%
And. Luck - 57.0%

Passing TDs

A. Dalton - 27
Kapernick - 16
R . Wilson - 26
And. Luck - 23

Interceptions

A. Dalton - 16
Kapernick - 6
R . Wilson - 10
And. Luck - 14

Passer Rating

A. Dalton - 85.7
Kapernick - 93.8
R . Wilson - 100.6
And. Luck - 81.5

ESPN QBR Rating

A. Dalton - 51.5
Kapernick - 75.6
R . Wilson - 65.8
And. Luck - 63.8

Rushing Yards

A. Dalton - 152
Kapernick - 483
R . Wilson - 514
And. Luck - 316

Rushing TDs

A. Dalton - 2
Kapernick - 5
R . Wilson - 3
And. Luck - 5

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 07:32 PM

All stats above are pro-rated for a 16 game season.

Bear in mind that Andy Dalton has the most starts under his belt with 48, and should be the best developed of the 4 QBs as a result. Colin Kaepernick has the least starts with only 23, and should be the least developed of the 4 QBs. Wilson and Luck both have 32 starts.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10670924)
@NFL_ATL: Colin Kaepernick: I wouldn't be here without Alex Smith http://t.co/RaXIcDegJW

Colin is a class act. After the 2012 season was done and the media was trying to drive a wedge between him and Alex, Kap praised Alex for unselfishly teaching him everything he could about the game.

Alex is also a class act. Despite losing his starting job, he very unselfishly took Colin under his arm and continued to teach him everything he could about the playbook, reading defenses, and whatever he could

Two very upstanding young men. Amid the Ritchie Incognito's of the world, both of their parents should be very proud of the moral character of these 2 guys.

Deberg_1990 06-04-2014 07:37 PM

Awesome work. it will be very interesting to see what Dalton snags. He's obviously a better passer than Kaep at this stage. If Kaep and Dalton swapped teams, would the results be the same for both teams?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ragged Robin 06-04-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10670715)
That offense is basically tailor made for Kaep and his skillset.

Handing the ball off and not throwing much at all? LMAO

OldSchool 06-04-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10671064)
Awesome work. it will be very interesting to see what Dalton snags. He's obviously a better passer than Kaep at this stage. If Kaep and Dalton swapped teams, would the results be the same for both teams?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. Both QBs choke in big moments, Kaepernick just makes you wait a little longer for it while Dalton serves it up right away.