ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Okay, so WHAT exactly is so goddamn great about the 2018 QB class? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307038)

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817064)
a prospect that might not even be that much better than a guy we could just take right now

Bullshit. Total bullshit. You are blinded by your desperation.

RunKC 04-09-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12816987)
Actually just based on the history of air raid QBs and goddamn Red Raiders in the NFL, I think I can say we should ****ing pass.

USC, Washington State and Wyoming have never had a QB worth a shit in the NFL.

Guess we should pass on the 2018 QB class!

bigjosh 04-09-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Actually just based on the history of air raid QBs and goddamn Red Raiders in the NFL, I think I can say we should ****ing pass.

What do you think the chiefs should do about the qb position?

Its apparent that Alex Smith isn't the future. How and when do we pull the trigger on a new one?

I for one think there are a couple worthy successors in this draft, be it day one guys or day two.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GloucesterChief 04-09-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12817091)

Drew Bledsoe and Mark Rypien?

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but Carson Palmer is absolutely worth a shit.

If we drafted the next Carson Palmer I'd be very happy.

And what Gloucester said about Bledsoe stands.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 12817094)
What do you think the chiefs should do about the qb position?

Trade up in 2018 for Darnold, Rosen, Falk or Rudolph.

And I would bet at least one of those guys falls outside the top 10.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817081)
Bullshit. Total bullshit. You are blinded by your desperation.

Mitch Trubisky played like the most promising QB in all of college football. The reason why he's going down is the small sample size.

How is that any different than Sam Darnold only having a year and suddenly being a better prospect than Jameis Winston?

Also, are you saying you're not going to like our 1st round pick if Dorsey ends up pulling the trigger?

kcchiefsus 04-09-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12816828)
There's 0% chance of that happening though.

We're looking at another Geno this year if we reach.

You don't know that.

kcchiefsus 04-09-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 12816960)
Dorsey will figure it out.

Doubtful

Mr_Tomahawk 04-09-2017 06:21 PM

Is Aaron Rodgers going to procreate anytime soon? That's what I'm waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-King- 04-09-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Carson Palmer
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 04-09-2017 06:59 PM

One. Awesome.

O.city 04-09-2017 07:00 PM

At this point last year, Watson was a shoe in to be the first overall pick.

If they feel there's a guy they can develop and he's there at 27, go for it. If not, dont.

The Franchise 04-09-2017 07:01 PM

So what Clay is saying that we should trade out of this year's first round and then give up that pick, next year's first and a first in 2019. Looking at past trades....it's going to take more than that. So you're willing to give up two first round players (plus more) for a gamble on QB instead of having all of those players on this team and gambling on a QB this year.

O.city 04-09-2017 07:02 PM

That's a shit load of cheap talent your giving up on. Makes the guy you trade up for that much more important.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12817154)
That's a shit load of cheap talent your giving up on. Makes the guy you trade up for that much more important.

It also means we need to do better than the 3rd best QB in next year's draft. Way better.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 07:12 PM

Would you rather have:

A) Trubisky/Kizer/Mahomes

B) Falk/Allen/Rudolph - 2017 1st - 2018 2nd and/or 3rd?

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12817153)
So you're willing to give up two first round players (plus more) for a gamble on QB

We're talking about the Chiefs here.

It's high time they did something bold at the QB position.

Drafting the next Geno Smith in the 1st round isn't bold, it's desperate. Mitch Trubisky is the best of this lot and he looked like hot garbage in his bowl game. I don't want ANY of these guys.

Ya'll are ****ing desperate and just throwing Pat Pahomes against a wall and hoping he'll stick.

In my mind, gambling on a year of shitty QB prospects is a MUCH bigger risk when you could sacrifice some other pieces (which we know won't get us to a Super Bowl anyway, in all likelihood, just look at this team's history) and gamble on a MUCH stronger QB class.

If I'm going to gamble, I'm going to gamble big, I'm not being a desperate pussy and taking home a drunk fat girl just because I'm horny.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817108)
Mitch Trubisky played like the most promising QB in all of college football. The reason why he's going down is the small sample size.

How is that any different than Sam Darnold only having a year and suddenly being a better prospect than Jameis Winston?

Also, are you saying you're not going to like our 1st round pick if Dorsey ends up pulling the trigger?

Depends on that player, how the 2018 QB class shakes out, where those QBs go, etc etc etc.

Far too early to say.

The Franchise 04-09-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817173)
Depends on that player, how the 2018 QB class shakes out, where those QBs go, etc etc etc.

Far too early to say.

So we should pass this year and hope that it turns out to be this awe inspiring class that you guys are talking about? And if it doesn't turn out?

O.city 04-09-2017 07:35 PM

That's alot to give up for a guy. Even if he's a franchise qb, he's gonna need guus around him early.

Coogs 04-09-2017 07:41 PM

I still think the smart thing to do is trade up a bit this year. Especially if 3 of the 4 (or all 4 for that matter) are there in the late teens. Go get the guy. Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes, or Kizer. Doesn't matter to me which one. Don't settle for who is there when #27 rolls around.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 12817180)
I still think the smart thing to do is trade up a bit this year.

So now you're going to take the fat girl out for dinner and drinks and make you think you like her, when all you really want is some pussy.

You could be doing that with a MUCH hotter girl, dude. You might have to go to a nicer restaurant and wait a little longer to get that ass but it will ABSOLUTELY be worth it.

The Franchise 04-09-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817187)
So now you're going to take the fat girl out for dinner and drinks and make you think you like her, when all you really want is some pussy.

You could be doing that with a MUCH hotter girl, dude. You might have to go to a nicer restaurant and wait a little longer to get that ass but it will ABSOLUTELY be worth it.

Or you could show up at the restaraunt and find out that she's been using 5 year old pictures on her dating profile and she's just as fat as the other girls. Except now you're spending more money and waiting more time for exactly the same girl.

kcchiefsus 04-09-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817172)
We're talking about the Chiefs here.

It's high time they did something bold at the QB position.

Drafting the next Geno Smith in the 1st round isn't bold, it's desperate. Mitch Trubisky is the best of this lot and he looked like hot garbage in his bowl game. I don't want ANY of these guys.

Ya'll are ****ing desperate and just throwing Pat Pahomes against a wall and hoping he'll stick.

In my mind, gambling on a year of shitty QB prospects is a MUCH bigger risk when you could sacrifice some other pieces (which we know won't get us to a Super Bowl anyway, in all likelihood, just look at this team's history) and gamble on a MUCH stronger QB class.

If I'm going to gamble, I'm going to gamble big, I'm not being a desperate pussy and taking home a drunk fat girl just because I'm horny.

Since when are you an NFL scout? I trust drinking water in Mexico more than I trust your football takes.

Best22 04-09-2017 07:54 PM

Lets give up our next ten first round draft picks (expect 2018) so we can draft number 1 overall in the 2018 draft...

I have a feeling there's another Derek Carr in this draft. Hate to miss out on that.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12817192)
Or you could show up at the restaraunt and find out that she's been using 5 year old pictures on her dating profile and she's just as fat as the other girls. Except now you're spending more money and waiting more time for exactly the same girl.

Great, so the Chiefs QB hunt is going to be a never-ending slampig quest. We're just going to sack up with whatever pussy throws itself our way and hope it starts working out and eating right.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12817195)
Since when are you an NFL scout? I trust drinking water in Mexico more than I trust your football takes.

Granted I have been absolutely terrible at judging QBs. But this time, a lot of people agree with me.

However, given my history, the Chiefs should ABSOLUTELY drafted Pat Mahomes. :D

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 08:00 PM

Seriously though. People literally want us to draft Rich Gannon II or The Black Alex Smith. And in this corner, leading the pack, the Texas edition of Geno Smith. I can't believe anyone here is on board with these players. I just smacks of desperation. And Kizer is a 4th round pick at best.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817198)
Great, so the Chiefs QB hunt is going to be a never-ending slampig quest. We're just going to sack up with whatever pussy throws itself our way and hope it starts working out and eating right.

The point is that we see zero evidence that the 3rd or 4th best QB in 2018 is better than the 1st or 2nd best QB in 2017, and we'd be spending a **** TON more trying to get the 2018 guy.

If you're a QB and you get drafted outside the top 5, something was wrong with you. You've got a red flag on your ass that the team you're drafted by is going to have to either iron out with coaching or pray that it's an overblown red flag.

You can bet your ass that if we pass on a 2017 guy for somebody in 2018, he's going to come with a red flag just like these guys. And it's possible we won't be able to choose the red flag that accompanies him like we can this year. That's one good thing about 2017's QB class from the Chiefs' perspective--- we would get to pick our poison.

The Franchise 04-09-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817198)

Let me know when virgins start picking out 10s to break their cherries.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817205)
The point is that we see zero evidence that the 3rd or 4th best QB in 2018 is better than the 1st or 2nd best QB in 2017, and we'd be spending a **** TON more trying to get the 2018 guy.

You can't even make that judgment right now because those players aren't fully developed.

What we do know is that there will absolutely be 4 or 5 first round quarterbacks in 2018, guys who are DEFINITELY worth that pick.

Meanwhile this class is touted as a bunch of jagoffs who could go in the 2nd or 3rd if everything fell a certain way. They're that uninspiring.

You're all desperate. I'm sad to say it but I think this is where I part ways with QB1 Death Cult. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm not drinking the koolaid again.

That said if we draft White Chocolate Geno I'll certainly give him a chance.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817208)

What we do know is that there will absolutely be 4 or 5 first round quarterbacks in 2018, guys who are DEFINITELY worth that pick.

LOL. Who are they, and what ****ing hope to the Chiefs have of drafting them if they're so ****ing great?

We MIGHT have a shot at a quality first round QB if Josh Rosen proves he's not another Christian Hackenburg clown. I'm rather skeptical of that at the moment. And that would require a ton of trade up ammo to go get our Lucas Falk.

Here's what I'd rather do: take advantage of the insane all-around depth that this draft class offers. Keep as many or acquire MORE draft picks in 2017 and take quality players. If the right QB doesn't fall to our spot in 2017, then worry about 2018 next year. But don't give up 2017 picks in a KNOWN awesome draft class for unknown shit a year from now.

Trade 2019 picks to move up in 2018 if you love the QBs that much.

RunKC 04-09-2017 08:34 PM

So we're trading for next year for a so called great class? It's Sam Darnold and hype players.

Josh Allen threw 15 INT's in a shitty conference and Josh Rosen doesn't look like anything special right now. In fact, the guy has barely been able to stay at 60% completion rate. In 231 attempts as a sophomore, his completion rate went down to a 59%.

Darnold is the only goddamned one that would be worth selling the farm for and its a 0% chance to move up to first overall.

You're equating this to waiting for hot women? These hot girls waiting at the bar 5 blocks down the road are actually 1 hot chick surrounded by chubby bitches who took face only photos to fool you into spending a $50 cover just to get in.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-09-2017 08:35 PM

Funny how Clay gives us his perspective on football players when he's wrong 9 times out of 9

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817213)
But don't give up 2017 picks in a KNOWN awesome draft class for unknown shit a year from now.

When it's all said and done, I believe the 2018 QB class is going to be quite comparable to the 2004 QB class.

Look at it this way. Would you give up Larry Johnson, Junior Siavii, Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt for Ben Roethlisbeger, Eli Manning or Philip Rivers? Hell yes you would.

Now you might end up with JP Losman or Matt Schaub instead. That's just a risk you're going to have to take.

But even those options are a hell of a lot more appealing than blowing your load the year before on Kyle Boller, just because, you know, you didn't have to give up too much for him.

I just think you guys have beer goggles for Patrick Mahomes.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817218)
When it's all said and done, I believe the 2018 QB class is going to be quite comparable to the 2004 QB class.

EVIDENCE!

http://trekcore.com/gallery/albums/b.../waltz_274.jpg

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12817215)
Funny how Clay gives us his perspective on football players when he's wrong 9 times out of 9

I'm literally advocating for another unchallenged year under center for your shit-for-brains pussy checkdown artist.

You better be getting down your hands and knees and being my best friend, bub.

I'm one of the very few de facto allies you've got in 2017, because I'd wager 3/4 of this board wants to see Patrick Mahomes rip off Alex Smith's head and shit down his neck.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817220)
EVIDENCE!

Aside from just a gut feeling, the fact that most draftniks had all those guys tabbed as 2018 first round picks BEFORE the 2016 season says a lot. They're going to be even stronger prospects by the time this December rolls around.

Or you know, there's the guy with 13 starts. GO GET HIM INSTEAD!

Mephistopheles Janx 04-09-2017 08:57 PM

Short of getting an absolute STEAL for the 2018 1-1... I firmly believe that KC should pick up a QB this season should Trubiski (HA!), Kizer, or Mahomes be available to them at 27 or a reasonable trade up.

If they aren't available... start looking for DJ's replacement and/or someone to take play behind Maclin for a year before we inevitably move on as he will be a cap friendly cut in 2018.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 09:06 PM

The other thing that should be considered, is that it's very likely Jake Browning and Lamar Jackson could declare for the draft.

This could be a very strong, deep QB class. You might be able to get a guy in the 2nd round who is better than all of the 1st rounders from 2017. If there ARE any.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 09:08 PM

You should really subscribe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/the_darnold/

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 09:11 PM

If you intercept a pass, Sam Darnold will break your ****ing arm.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v6oPDYiOgOQ?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 04-09-2017 09:19 PM

Lamar Jackson? ROFL. Dude is a twig.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12817245)
Lamar Jackson? ROFL. Dude is a twig.

He's barely 20 years old, dude. If he can put on 15 lbs by next April and declares he's going to be a very interesting prospect. Gut feeling is he stays in school one more year. Browning will come out.

The Chiefs could have an amazing list of QBs to pick from in 2018.

You want a guy with a huge arm? Sell the farm for Darnold, or take your chances with Mason Rudolph later in the first. Josh Allen could be a Flacco-type prospect.

You want a someone like Vick? Jackson's your guy.

You want a classic west-coast passer? Browning fits the bill.

You want a nice all-around prospect? Rosen, provided he bounces back to form. If not, you've got Falk.

This could be an amazing QB class.

Or you know....Mr. 13 starts...or Geno II.

Al Bundy 04-09-2017 09:25 PM

If Mahomes is there at 27, you draft him and let him sit behind limp dick. If he isn't there at 27 you draft someone next season.

BossChief 04-09-2017 09:32 PM

In an absolutely LOADED draft class, PFF (Clays holy grail) has 3 QBs in the top 23 prospects for the draft.

Trubiski, Watson and Mahomes are all good values for the 27th spot, according to him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl-draft/

RealSNR 04-09-2017 09:59 PM

And if we don't go QB at 27, we GODDAMN ****ING BETTER get a passrusher at 27.

I couldn't give two flying ****shits about anything else. I don't want DL, OL, or ILB. And I SURE AS **** don't want anymore ****ing WRs for Alex to not even look at.

Get an effective 3rd passrusher. Make Tamba a situational guy only, EVEN if we sustain injury to Houston or Ford.

THAT'S what this team desperately needs.

Al Bundy 04-09-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817265)
And if we don't go QB at 27, we GODDAMN ****ING BETTER get a passrusher at 27.

I couldn't give two flying ****shits about anything else. I don't want DL, OL, or ILB. And I SURE AS **** don't want anymore ****ing WRs for Alex to not even look at.

Get an effective 3rd passrusher. Make Tamba a situational guy only, EVEN if we sustain injury to Houston or Ford.

THAT'S what this team desperately needs.

Hassan Reddick.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 10:06 PM

**** pass rushers

**** the entire 2017 draft

this is all that matters

https://media.giphy.com/media/rypEtj6GNtxvi/giphy.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho...d_is_god.0.gif

RealSNR 04-09-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817268)
**** pass rushers

**** the entire 2017 draft

this is all that matters

https://media.giphy.com/media/rypEtj6GNtxvi/giphy.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho...d_is_god.0.gif

Then get on the phone with Pioli and suck his dick to come back. Tell him to bring Matt and the Patriot boys.

Short of going "lard mold for Darnold" (okay, you come up with a better one), he's not going to be a Chief. Adding an extra 1st in 2018 ain't gonna ****ing change shit.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12817267)
Hassan Reddick.

Don't ****ing care about ILB.

Do. Not. ****ing. Care.

Draft some guys to fill it, sure. There are a ton of great ILB prospects in this draft. Find one in the 2nd-5th. ****, draft two if you want. It doesn't change shit.

I want a top pass rusher. We need that more than we need oxygen. MUCH more than we need an ILB.

"But we got trucked on the ground without DJ!!!"

We were getting trucked on the ground WITH DJ, assholes.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 10:13 PM

"Cuckold for Darnold"

You know who our cuck is? The 2017 draft.

Shit you might be able to trade your 2017 1st AND 2nd for some major 2018 currency.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817275)
"Cuckold for Darnold"

You know who our cuck is? The 2017 draft.

Shit you might be able to trade your 2017 1st AND 2nd for some major 2018 currency.

That major currency won't mean shit, dude. You don't seem to understand this.

If Darnold is THE QB, he's going #1 overall. Period. The team who has the #1 overall pick ain't going to pass on him, and if they trade the pick, it's going to a team who has a higher set of picks than we do. Our major 2018 currency we'd be collecting wouldn't mean jack shit in our attempt to move from the mid-late 20s up to #1 overall.

Buehler445 04-09-2017 10:28 PM

ROFL @ Clay thinking we can get Darnold. I've said it before. This team is unlikely to dump 10 games to get us in position to sell the farm for the 1 overall. Of which, naturally, Dorsey is unlikely to do anyway. That is if the #1 overall team doesn't want him.

It's not Happening.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 10:33 PM

I actually think it's highly unlikely Darnold goes #1 in 2018.

He's good, and the QB class is strong, but he's not Peyton Manning. Guys who have started only two years don't go #1 most of the time.

Like I said, it's a LOT like the 2004 QB class:

Eli #1 (probably overdrafted)
Rivers #4
Roethlisberger #11
Losman #22

The Chiefs can probably move into the 5-15 range with their three first round picks (provided we're again drafting in the low 20s) and get someone like Darnold, who may not even be the #1 pick, because he's only going to have two years of starting experience.

Even if Darnold does go #1, you're still going to get the second best QB if you trade into the top 10, more than likely. I'll be just fine taking Mason Rudolph or Jake Browning or Josh Rosen at #11.

And who knows: if you trade your 2017 first, maybe it turns into a 2018 top 10 pick right out due to a team going tits up, and you don't have to trade anything else, and you fall ass over teakettle into your QB. There are just so many positives to flipping that pick to next year.

I've thought this thing through from every angle. You guys are just desperate and don't care about repeating the mistake that burned the Jets.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 10:53 PM

Let me put this in Star Trek GIF format so you can understand, SNR:

QB1 Death Cult demanding instant Sexual Patrickification:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/e351c7626...bnv4o6_500.gif

Reasonable, measured fans considering the 2018 QB Class:

http://i.imgur.com/1GlEC9Z.gif

Dorsey sacrificing picks to move up in 2018:

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/upload...fo6_r1_500.gif

Watching the Chiefs in 2019:

https://superpoweredfancastdotcom.fi...7/giphy-21.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Same "logic" would mean Aaron Rodgers would suck. Cal QBs suck!!!!

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12817297)
Same "logic" would mean Aaron Rodgers would suck. Cal QBs suck!!!!

This isn't actually true.

Steve Bartkowski and Craig Morton were pretty respectable.

Meanwhile the Texas Tech gold standard is Billy Joe Tolliver.

Texas Tech is a goddamn NFL QB wasteland.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 11:17 PM

Meanwhile in the 2018 draft I can easily point to:

UCLA - Aikman
USC - Palmer
Wash. St - Bledsoe
Washington - Brunell
Louisville - Unitas

Thanks for playing. You no longer get to use that argument ever again when talking about Patrick Mahomes vs the 2018 prospects.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817302)
Meanwhile in the 2018 draft I can easily point to:

UCLA - Aikman
USC - Palmer
Wash. St - Bledsoe
Washington - Brunell
Louisville - Unitas

Thanks for playing. You no longer get to use that argument ever again when talking about Patrick Mahomes vs the 2018 prospects.

But, previous QBs of those schools mean Jack and Shit to me. **** that Tennessee QB. Does it matter what Peydaton did?

Patrick is our Dark Peniight. The prophecy was off a few years

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12817305)
But, previous QBs of those schools mean Jack and Shit to me. **** that Tennessee QB. Does it matter what Peydaton did?

Patrick is our Dark Peniight. The prophecy was off a few years

I'm sorry, but he's a worse prospect than Geno Smith was.

You wanna know who White Chocolate Geno reminds me of?

http://go-static2.concoursemedia.net...l7GnI7k8j2.jpg

Granted, the character concerns aren't there, but Johnny Football's playing style was never going to work in the NFL and I'll be surprised if Mahomes' does.

An Air Raid QB that calls to mind Johnny Football...I can't think of a worse combination to be frank.

I want a drop back, classic pocket passer with an arm.

No more ****ing bullshit. Give me a real goddamn QB.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Air raid quarterbacks haven’t cut it in the NFL. Recent ones to try include Tim Couch, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, Geno Smith, Kevin Kolb, Nick Foles, Jason White, and those two big-time Texas Tech QBs before Mahomes: Harrell and Kingsbury.

Here’s an accounting of how air raid QBs have done, put together before last season:
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/gN-...9.59.36_AM.png

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...es_big-ti.html

Quote:

"I kept watching the tape and it was a combination of Brett Favre and Johnny Manziel," McShay said.

"I don't think using a first-round pick and expecting him to play right away is realistic or wise," McShay said. "To me, he's got a chance to go in the late first, but I think he's probably a better fit on Day Two."
And you guys want to take this guy #27?

http://replygif.net/i/648.gif

Shit if you want an Air Raid QB on the roster just keep Foles around. At least he has NFL experience.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2017 11:59 PM

Why didn't you bold the Favre part? ROFL trollololololol

Hammock Parties 04-10-2017 12:07 AM

Because he's more Manziel than Favre, because FAVRE DIDN'T PLAY IN THE ****ING AIR RAID.

Any QB that runs around and guns it with their big arm is going to draw a Favre comparison. Means nothing.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 12:09 AM

Have you even watched a single snap of his?

Hammock Parties 04-10-2017 12:09 AM

Remind me again who was in the Super Bowl this year. Was it pocket passers, or scramblin' goofballs?

Hammock Parties 04-10-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12817315)
Have you even watched a single snap of his?

I watch more college football than you, dude. Yes. Why do you think I compared him to Manziel? I didn't just pull that out of my ass.

I was actually shocked just now to learn many others have compared him to Manziel.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 12:13 AM

I'M suuuuure those Texas Tech Red Raider games were a flowin every Sat ROFL

Hammock Parties 04-10-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12817320)
I'M suuuuure those Texas Tech Red Raider games were a flowin every Sat ROFL

I watch multiple games every Saturday. TTU is on FS1 a lot. I've seen plenty of Mahomes.

He's Patty Football. He's not what wins games in the NFL.

And I have no doubt that Andy Reid won't draft him.

SAGA45 04-10-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12817321)
I watch multiple games every Saturday. TTU is on FS1 a lot. I've seen plenty of Mahomes.

He's Patty Football. He's not what wins games in the NFL.

And I have no doubt that Andy Reid won't draft him.

But you listed a couple of "Air Raid" QB's earlier that Reid has drafted ...Foles and Kolb. Mahomes arguably has more upside than both of them did as prospects. Also, it's been reported the Chiefs have done extensive research on Mahomes. Would you agree those factors give at least some likelihood of Reid pulling the trigger on Mahomes?

Hammock Parties 04-10-2017 12:32 AM

Yeah...maybe in the 2nd. That's where you pick a dude like that.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 01:22 AM

Better prospect than Dak...

OldSchool 04-10-2017 01:50 AM

Better question, what's so great about the 2017 QB draft class? The best prospect only has 1 season under his belt.

New World Order 04-10-2017 01:52 AM

OldSchool likes the 2022 draft class.

That would give us 7 more years of ASS.

bevischief 04-10-2017 03:24 AM

Wyoming head coach is the same one who coached Wentz at NDSU before he was drafted...

Sandy Vagina 04-10-2017 03:29 AM

again, if this team is so stacked and well coached... and in many ways it is..

WHY DOES YALL NEED to trade the world to move up top 10 for a rd 1 QWataBack??? What's wrong with letting Andy select and develop a late rd 1 or rd 2 guy?

RustShack 04-10-2017 05:10 AM

In a couple years Jacob Park will be in the draft.

RealSNR 04-10-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12817330)
Better question, what's so great about the 2017 QB draft class? The best prospect only has 1 season under his belt.

No, not a better question. It's a dumber question is what it is.

We KNOW what the 2017 draft class is, and we think we can make it work given what the Chiefs have to offer the rookie in terms of support and time.

If the QB that comes to us in 2018 isn't going to be any better, it doesn't make sense for us to wait.

It's YOUR job to tell me about the depth of talent in the 2018 class, dude. Sell me on it. Make me believe it's rainbows and unicorn farts. Because I don't see it. I see 2 dudes who will likely be SIGNIFICANTLY better than the top guy this year, and guess what.

THE CHIEFS HAVE ZERO CHANCE OF DRAFTING THEM. ZERO. ZEEEEERO. ZILCH. NADA. NOTHING.

I will take Patrick Mahomes and Deshone Kizer over Josh ****ing Allen. And ****, I'll probably ****ing take Davis Webb over Josh Allen too.

Josh Allen is not an answer. He's an insult. And that's the shit we'd be getting. It'd be 2012 all ****ing over again.

"GREAT ****ING QB CLASS. BETTER THAN 1983. HOLY SHIT THIS IS AN AMAZING QB CLASS. Oh, uh, Chiefs, the best you can do with your #12 overall pick is Brandon Weeden. No, don't try trading up, either, because you'll only end up Ricky Williamsing your draft for Ryan Tannehill. BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT A ****ING DRAFT! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!"

That's what 2018 is ****ing looking like.

Al Bundy 04-10-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12817273)
Don't ****ing care about ILB.

Do. Not. ****ing. Care.

Draft some guys to fill it, sure. There are a ton of great ILB prospects in this draft. Find one in the 2nd-5th. ****, draft two if you want. It doesn't change shit.

I want a top pass rusher. We need that more than we need oxygen. MUCH more than we need an ILB.

"But we got trucked on the ground without DJ!!!"

We were getting trucked on the ground WITH DJ, assholes.

Hassan Reddick is an edge guy.... not an ILB.