ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Let's talk about counting calories & routine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314659)

Simply Red 03-29-2018 02:42 PM

What are your alls thoughts on diet sodas, I mean in moderation.

Say 3 per week - 12 ounce.

?????

Holladay 03-29-2018 02:43 PM

I was going to post this last week in a separate thread, but it works here as well.

I don't care much for cooked veggies and too lazy for fruit. This is a nice way to get your fruits in and for a "fix" if you get the munchies.

any fruit (sliced up apples, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple etc) yogurt (I use strawberry), a little heavy whip cream, cottage cheese, granola.

Whip up a batch, put some in a small tupper, freeze the rest for later.

Munchies: eat 4-5 spoon fulls. Done. Got my fruits for the day.

I eat one meal a day. Just snacked on 5 spoonfuls of coleslaw, crab salad and yogurt. In a few hours if I get the munchies again...some nuts.

I also try and get 10,000 steps in a day. I try and stretch every night before bed. I have just recently started doing a stomach routine (2 types of crunches 20 per, 30 leg lifts, a leg left for 60 sec all without rest), 3 sets of push ups 30/20/10. Since I am already on the ground for the stretching...why not spend an extra 2 min to do the stomach thingies? Roll over and knock out the push ups. I am trying to start out slow and not over down it. It is easy to do.

I will incorporate rowing next week for 25 min a day. I have a nice rowing machine that laughs at me every time I walk by:( I will also start light dumbbell work.

kcxiv 03-29-2018 02:48 PM

i've lost like 30 lb's since Jan. The only things i have done were eat alot less and not eat bread or pasta. Its been working. Not going to lie, i was hungry as **** for 2 of them months at night, but now my body is adjusted. For snacks i just eat granola bars with almond milk. Has worked like a champ.. Ooh yeah and a little exercise as well.

Simply Red 03-29-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13495150)
i've lost like 30 lb's since Jan. The only things i have done were eat alot less and not eat bread or pasta. Its been working. Not going to lie, i was hungry as **** for 2 of them months at night, but now my body is adjusted. For snacks i just eat granola bars with almond milk. Has worked like a champ.. Ooh yeah and a little exercise as well.

I'm glad you're doing well - great to hear.

Ming the Merciless 03-29-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13495139)

?????

I do it forn the caffeine. Its probably not good but uts probably 10x better than normal sodas

Simply Red 03-29-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13495154)
I do it forn the caffeine. Its probably not good but uts probably 10x better than normal sodas

I don't imagine the occasional one will hurt. I may get some Diet DP at the store this evening.

Dayze 03-29-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13494971)
the difference between gaining and losing weight weekly is a pretty thin margin...literally just drinking one soda/beer less and eating 1 slice of bread less every day can mean the difference between losing or gaining weight weekly...

1 piece of bread is like 100 calories.....

1 pint of beer can be 250 or 300 calories

1 soda, probably 200 or 300

a lot of people (and I was one of them) do not realize they are eating more calories than they burn every day...and even if youre a LITTLE BIT off , it means you constantly gain instead of maintain or lose...

its REALLY hard to estimate (for me anyway)....so i simply have to keep track or I go over too much.

yep; I believe it (the margin part).
I need to just cut out soda altogether. hell, only a few a week it's not like I'd miss it etc.

I probably just need to re-calibrate what i'm eating etc.

Dayze 03-29-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13494954)
I don't want to be a douche but you've got to be getting these calories from somewhere.

Either you're eating and drinking more than you think or you don't get much activity whatsoever..?

no worries.
I'm sure i probably eat other stuff that I don't realize, as you mentioned and it just adds up without me realizing it.

and yeah, I don't get any activity at all. 45 minute commute each way; 9-10 hours at work. get home, let dog out, get dinner ready; eat, clean up. Bam, it's 7:00-7:30. and I'm in bed by probably 9pm - 9:30. Brain dead/wiped out each night.

usually up by 630 and in bed by 930.

it almost all comes down to activity for me, I'm sure. when I was trucking and working flatbed, I lost 30lbs. strapping/chaining/tarping loads / up & off the trailer etc. I just need to get active again, but it's hard to find the time or energy. when it gets nicer, I'm going to start trying to go walk for an hour at lunch while at work. bring a snack I can eat while walking etc.

Fire Me Boy! 03-29-2018 03:32 PM

-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine

A few years ago I spent 8 days in the hospital and lost almost 40 pounds. I don’t recommend renal failure, but it is effective.

ThaVirus 03-29-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13494971)

its REALLY hard to estimate (for me anyway)....so i simply have to keep track or I go over too much.

It really is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13495197)
no worries.
I'm sure i probably eat other stuff that I don't realize, as you mentioned and it just adds up without me realizing it.

and yeah, I don't get any activity at all. 45 minute commute each way; 9-10 hours at work. get home, let dog out, get dinner ready; eat, clean up. Bam, it's 7:00-7:30. and I'm in bed by probably 9pm - 9:30. Brain dead/wiped out each night.

usually up by 630 and in bed by 930.

it almost all comes down to activity for me, I'm sure. when I was trucking and working flatbed, I lost 30lbs. strapping/chaining/tarping loads / up & off the trailer etc. I just need to get active again, but it's hard to find the time or energy. when it gets nicer, I'm going to start trying to go walk for an hour at lunch while at work. bring a snack I can eat while walking etc.

Yeah, it's going to be tough for you to find the time and energy to make a change. Shit sucks.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

?????

I drink about 20 cans a week. Haven’t had a full sugar soda in years. I know it’s bad. Working on the weight first, then I’ll tackle that bad habit.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13495215)
A few years ago I spent 8 days in the hospital and lost almost 40 pounds. I don’t recommend renal failure, but it is effective.

ouch!:eek:

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 13495141)
I was going to post this last week in a separate thread, but it works here as well.

I don't care much for cooked veggies and too lazy for fruit. This is a nice way to get your fruits in and for a "fix" if you get the munchies.

any fruit (sliced up apples, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple etc) yogurt (I use strawberry), a little heavy whip cream, cottage cheese, granola.

Whip up a batch, put some in a small tupper, freeze the rest for later.

Munchies: eat 4-5 spoon fulls. Done. Got my fruits for the day.

I eat one meal a day. Just snacked on 5 spoonfuls of coleslaw, crab salad and yogurt. In a few hours if I get the munchies again...some nuts.

I also try and get 10,000 steps in a day. I try and stretch every night before bed. I have just recently started doing a stomach routine (2 types of crunches 20 per, 30 leg lifts, a leg left for 60 sec all without rest), 3 sets of push ups 30/20/10. Since I am already on the ground for the stretching...why not spend an extra 2 min to do the stomach thingies? Roll over and knock out the push ups. I am trying to start out slow and not over down it. It is easy to do.

I will incorporate rowing next week for 25 min a day. I have a nice rowing machine that laughs at me every time I walk by:( I will also start light dumbbell work.

thats a shit ton a good decision making going on right there. Way to go!

KCrockaholic 03-29-2018 04:07 PM

There's nothing wrong with diet sodas on a cut. Your sodium intake will go up a bit, but as long as you're consistent it'll even out. The main thing is there's no cals or sugar in them. Drink extra water as well and it'll help flush out the water weight that diet sodas will keep in your system.

KCrockaholic 03-29-2018 04:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j8SCp6fha1A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my man Christian Guzman. He just posted this video today. Figured it could help somebody in here.

Bewbies 03-29-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

?????

Just as shitty for you as regular soda. Tastes worse.

If you want soda, drink the real thing.

Bewbies 03-29-2018 04:28 PM

If you want to cut out soda here's how. It's a bitch, but it is 100% effective.

Eliminate sugar for a week. 7 days. You can eat fruit, nothing refined. No BBQ sauce, or anything else with sugar or high fructose shit. No cookies, bakery stuff, dessert. You will be a bitch on days 2-5. This is when you're beating the addiction.

After a week soda is way too sweet for you. It'll taste nasty. And fruit will be sweeter than you ever remembered.

Now, keep sugar intake low, which isn't hard cause everything will taste way too sweet. If it starts tasting good again repeat process above.

I LOVE lemonade. Can't drink it anymore cause it's so sweet it's disgusting.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13495306)
No BBQ sauce

thanks for reminding me that I’ve not had BBQ in 3 months. :)

Bewbies 03-29-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13495326)
thanks for reminding me that I’ve not had BBQ in 3 months. :)

Easily what I miss most.

Eating lots of salsas and sriracha these days.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 04:44 PM

One thing I’ll share that’s been successful for me in “hot chicken”. Just stick some raw boneless chicken breasts or turkey breasts in a crockpot with your favorite dry spices. A little onion. Pour a bottle of Franks hot sauce over the chicken. 6 hours later, great low calorie shredded chicken.

Frank’s has no sugars or creme. Vinegar and spices only. Even salsa and sriracha has sugar in it.

Holladay 03-29-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

thats a shit ton a good decision making going on right there. Way to go!
Thanks.

I don't "diet". When I eat, I try another exercise. It is called the "push away". Don't eat fast and when you feel kinda full, stop and push away from the table.

Losing weight, like anything in life is just 6 inches. That is the space between your ears.

All in all, it is a life style change. Make good habits then they are normal habits. It took awhile to put in on, it will take awhile to get it off. Every time I put something in my mouth, I think of what it is gonna take to lose it.

I weigh myself every day to keep the focus. If I have an Oops, it is an oops not a Holy Crap I can't lose weight. Not a sprint but a marathon.

Hammock Parties 03-29-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13495299)
Just as shitty for you as regular soda. Tastes worse.

If you want soda, drink the real thing.

Absolutely not. Drinking sugar is far worse.

TinyEvel 03-29-2018 05:25 PM

I was always around 224-227 then I moved to KC in 2015 and eventually got up to 248.

two months ago I gave up all alcohol and lost 8 lbs in a month. I have been stuck at 240 for a month now, hoping to eventually get back down to the low 220's. I better start working more at it.

Simply Red 03-29-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13495416)
I was always around 224-227 then I moved to KC in 2015 and eventually got up to 248.

two months ago I gave up all alcohol and lost 8 lbs in a month. I have been stuck at 240 for a month now, hoping to eventually get back down to the low 220's. I better start working more at it.

Well welcome TE I think if we all stick together - we can find some success. I'm about 227 at 6' 1" - I'd like to be around 195

Ming the Merciless 03-29-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13495183)
yep; I believe it (the margin part).
I need to just cut out soda altogether. hell, only a few a week it's not like I'd miss it etc.

I probably just need to re-calibrate what i'm eating etc.

If i can make 1 recommendation to you it woyld be this:

Dont worry about cutting calories or changing anything right now.....if you want to "re calibrate" , install my fitness pal and just

Track and input EVERY SINGLE thing you consume. Do not try and cut back. Just look at the data for a few weeks.

Then, assess how to cut back....AFTER the initial period of just logging everything like a diary. Once you get in the habit of logging everything, changing your diet and trimming back little bits here and there is far, far easier

Hell, even if you do nothing but jyst honestly log everything for a couple MONTHS before you attempt to cut calories...it WILL help

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13495416)

too much BBQ?:hmmm:

Titty Meat 03-29-2018 07:57 PM

I try to count calories too it's hard bruh especially this week since I've been sick

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13495596)
I try to count calories too it's hard bruh especially this week since I've been sick

That's no excuse - boil eggs, keeps brocolli, pre grill, saute chicken breasts - buy wheat and flax wraps, use mustard - eliminate cheese, but fresh fruit.

You're now committed - there's no turning back. If you MUST have a party day - make it only one night you cheat and actually drink - you all may have to get out of your comfort zone.

Delano 03-29-2018 08:02 PM

You can definitely do this. If you have a day or two of failure, it's okay! No reason to scrap the whole week or your plans to improve your fitness.

I don't really think diet soda or energy drinks are okay. I think the fake sugar makes your body want real sugar and that can make the rest of your dieting tricky. Stick to coffee or tea or water. There are some naturally carbonated beverages with caffeine if you need that fizz fix.

I don't do the whole 30 plan, but the cookbook called whole 30 quick and easy has some good recipes and if you want to build off of it you can do whole 30.

I feel like whenever I cut I lose a lot of strength. This time around I've made protein a higher proportion of my daily calorie intake. Protein bars and shakes mainly. Put some good tasting powder on your morning oatmeal and mix it in. Banana and bar for snack. An evol microwave dinner for lunch with some zero Greek yogurt. Fruit and a 100 calorie muscle milk shake for a snack and then a meal out of the whole 30 book for supper. I can do all of that for around 1700 calories and am losing fat and seeing gains.

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13495599)
You can definitely do this. If you have a day or two of failure, it's okay! No reason to scrap the whole week or your plans to improve your fitness.

I don't really think diet soda or energy drinks are okay. I think the fake sugar makes your body want real sugar and that can make the rest of your dieting tricky. Stick to coffee or tea or water. There are some naturally carbonated beverages with caffeine if you need that fizz fix.

I don't do the whole 30 plan, but the cookbook called whole 30 quick and easy has some good recipes and if you want to build off of it you can do whole 30.

I feel like whenever I cut I lose a lot of strength. This time around I've made protein a higher proportion of my daily calorie intake. Protein bars and shakes mainly. Put some good tasting powder on your morning oatmeal and mix it in. Banana and bar for snack. An evol microwave dinner for lunch with some zero Greek yogurt. Fruit and a 100 calorie muscle milk shake for a snack and then a meal out of the whole 30 book for supper. I can do all of that for around 1700 calories and am losing fat and seeing gains.

I'm doing the hyper calorie reduction the first week by design. I want this shit off of me ASAP and it IS unrealistic - but I'm making it work - believe it or not - Going to bed early helps tremendously - well not necessarily early but earlier than I normally do - say 11PMish - wake up at 7:50AM

Delano 03-29-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13495600)
I'm doing the hyper calorie reduction the first week by design. I want this shit off of me ASAP and it IS unrealistic - but I'm making it work - believe it or not - Going to bed early helps tremendously - well not necessarily early but earlier than I normally do - say 11PMish - wake up at 7:50AM

I think your plan is a good one and I know you can do it. You're right about sleep. It helps your overall health and eliminates snacking or drinking in that timeframe.

It will come off quick. What's your ideal waist size? I'd like to be in a size 30 by the summer. Im 6'2" 185ish right now.

Delano 03-29-2018 08:12 PM

Are you working on your exercise plan now? What are you going to do? What have you had success with in the past?

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13495604)
Are you working on your exercise plan now? What are you going to do? What have you had success with in the past?

not yet - I just know that I won't run w/o other things - I ran 4 miles daily for about 2 yrs straight and I'm at the age that I'm worried about my knees going - I will most likely have one day of jogging and then 4 more days w/ routines on the floor - such as push ups and variations of them - as well as crunchs - ab wheel - some planking - stuff I've done historically. I have SOME muscle under all of this. I'm not too fat - but I want to stop this before I become that way.

Delano 03-29-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13495618)
not yet - I just know that I won't run w/o other things - I ran 4 miles daily for about 2 yrs straight and I'm at the age that I'm worried about my knees going - I will most likely have one day of jogging and then 4 more days w/ routines on the floor - such as push ups and variations of them - as well as crunchs - ab wheel - some planking - stuff I've done historically. I have SOME muscle under all of this. I'm not too fat - but I want to stop this before I become that way.

I think you should challenge yourself to more than one day of cardio per week. Can you do two or three if time permits? I'd like to see you elevate your heart rate for about 150 minutes a week minimum.

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13495628)
I think you should challenge yourself to more than one day of cardio per week. Can you do two or three if time permits? I'd like to see you elevate your heart rate for about 150 minutes a week minimum.

yeah I could do two - I'm still undecided if I want to join a gym or not. I may...

Delano 03-29-2018 08:30 PM

I'd like to see a post in two months from you in the fashion advice thread describing some new fits that you're rewarding yourself with to compliment your gains.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13495603)
I'd like to be in a size 30 by the summer. Im 6'2" 185ish right now.

l was that size at one time.........in the 6th grade.:)

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13495633)
I'd like to see a post in two months from you in the fashion advice thread describing some new fits that you're rewarding yourself with to compliment your gains.

Haha - You probably will! LOL

Bewbies 03-29-2018 08:53 PM

I forgot about the oatmeal I’ve been eating a few times a week at breakfast.

1 cup apple juice, boil it. Add 1/2 cup oatmeal, cover and reduce heat. When done put in Bowl, add cinnamon and hemp hearts.

18-22g protein, tastes like apple crisp. Delicious.

Simply Red 03-29-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13495664)

1 cup apple juice, boil it. Add 1/2 cup oatmeal, cover and reduce heat. When done put in Bowl, add cinnamon and hemp hearts.

Thanks - I'll consider this.

KS Smitty 03-29-2018 09:06 PM

Routine is my problem, well, changing my routine. I've never been a breakfast eater, there is a lot of dairy in my diet and I consume alcohol and soda from 8:00 'til bedtime. I don't have a problem with this routine other than it is not conducive to losing weight and I do need to lose weight.

BigRedChief 03-29-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13495664)

l’ve Been taking some small shrimp put them in a non stick pan with a little olive oil. Put in some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, brocolli etc and then put in a few eggs. Cook till eggs are fluffy.

A healthy 300-400 breakfast calories and no hunger.

Bewbies 03-30-2018 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13495739)
l’ve Been taking some small shrimp put them in a non stick pan with a little olive oil. Put in some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, brocolli etc and then put in a few eggs. Cook till eggs are fluffy.

A healthy 300-400 breakfast calories and no hunger.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2YWveIXF41I1rB1S" width="480" height="204" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Simply Red 03-30-2018 07:59 AM

Two HB Eggs - a banana this AM - early lunch snack will be an orange, then a subway six inch turkey w/ only jalapenis and mustard on wheat. Tonight the boring Spicy grilled chicken wrap from Chick Fil A - Going to the store tomorrow to get the goods for the goal.

BigRedChief 03-30-2018 08:18 AM

I also do prep on the weekend. Put on a podcast and prep some veggies. Cut up some bell peppers, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, pineapple, watermelon etc.

I'm way way more likely to load up on veggies, fruit if its ready to use in meals.

Simply Red 03-30-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13495956)
I also do prep on the weekend. Put on a podcast and prep some veggies. Cut up some bell peppers, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, pineapple, watermelon etc.

I'm way way more likely to load up on veggies, fruit if its ready to use in meals.

sure - makes sense to me.

siberian khatru 03-30-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13495942)
Two HB Eggs - a banana this AM - early lunch snack will be an orange, then a subway six inch turkey w/ only jalapenis and mustard on wheat. Tonight the boring Spicy grilled chicken wrap from Chick Fil A - Going to the store tomorrow to get the goods for the goal.

:eek: :hmmm:

ping2000 03-30-2018 09:52 AM

A simple switch from Del Taco to Taco Bell would work. The daily diarrhea insures a negative calorie balance.

sedated 03-30-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13495516)
too much BBQ?:hmmm:

I'm guessing its being stuck inside for 60% of the year because the weather is either 105 degrees with 90% humidity or 20 degrees with 30 MPH winds. Staying in shape in the midwest is a challenge.

RippedmyFlesh 03-30-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13495681)
Routine is my problem, well, changing my routine. I've never been a breakfast eater, there is a lot of dairy in my diet and I consume alcohol and soda from 8:00 'til bedtime. I don't have a problem with this routine other than it is not conducive to losing weight and I do need to lose weight.

I hate eating in the morning and used to down coffee for breakfast. Now I do a glucerna shake for breakfast everyday I don't want to eat which is most days. Better to have a little breakfast than nothing when trying to lose.

Simply Red 03-30-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13495989)
:eek: :hmmm:

HAHAHA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13496063)
A simple switch from Del Taco to Taco Bell would work. The daily diarrhea insures a negative calorie balance.

Man Del Taco is so good now that they've changed their contents - it really sucks to be on this diet - but it'll definitely be worth it! I'm excited for some results.

KCrockaholic 03-30-2018 11:14 AM

I want Taco Bell so bad now. We gotta quit talking about tacos please.

seclark 03-30-2018 11:26 AM

down 50lbs in 3years.

walk 5miles 5days a week.
spinach and fruit for lunch
meat for supper
beer only on weekends

it's been slow, but it's been working.
sec

MVChiefFan 03-30-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 13496086)
I hate eating in the morning and used to down coffee for breakfast. Now I do a glucerna shake for breakfast everyday I don't want to eat which is most days. Better to have a little breakfast than nothing when trying to lose.

Actually, I do intermittent fasting Monday thru Friday, where all I have is a cup of black coffee in the morning. I don’t eat my first meal until 12-1. This actually works great for losing weight.

Simply Red 03-30-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 13496200)
down 50lbs in 3years.

meat for supper
beer only on weekends

sec

:clap:

Simply Red 03-30-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

down 50lbs in 3years.

meat for supper
beer only on weekends

sec

send nudes!

Simply Red 03-30-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13496180)

heard

MahiMike 03-30-2018 12:12 PM

I've always been a big eater. Now that I'm pushing 60 I have to watch it. I've also always been very active - golf, tennis, r-ball, etc. But the injuries are taking it's toll - 2 shoulder surgeries, bicep popped (it's a unicep now) so harder to stay active.

My solution? Biking and walking. We were down a car anyway so I decided to ride my bike to work. It's awesome. Luckily I live 5 miles from work and there's a sidewalk I can use most of the way. Definitely not getting on the street with today's drivers.

I've also tried walking 45 mins a day. I've lost 5 lbs in last 2 weeks. I used to laugh at the old geezers doing their walking but it works.

Simply Red 03-30-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13496272)
I've always been a big eater. Now that I'm pushing 60 I have to watch it. I've also always been very active - golf, tennis, r-ball, etc. But the injuries are taking it's toll - 2 shoulder surgeries, bicep popped (it's a unicep now) so harder to stay active.

My solution? Biking and walking. We were down a car anyway so I decided to ride my bike to work. It's awesome. Luckily I live 5 miles from work and there's a sidewalk I can use most of the way. Definitely not getting on the street with today's drivers.

I've also tried walking 45 mins a day. I've lost 5 lbs in last 2 weeks. I used to laugh at the old geezers doing their walking but it works.

keep at it

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2018 02:30 PM

Dollar Tree Lumberjack breakfast as a starter, main course Steakburger with a bowl of chili, dessert a Tippins Apple Pie. You'll never want to eat again!

Stewie 03-30-2018 02:53 PM

A rough estimate of calories to maintain your ideal weight is 15 calories per pound (your ideal weight) per day.

The 2000 to 2200 calorie labels on food is mostly for little men and women. If your ideal weight is 180-200 you need to be closer to 2800 to 3000 calories per day. Moderate exercise included.

Find a portion control diet. The diabetic diet is great for everyone. You don't need to be a diabetic to get the rewards.

Hammock Parties 03-30-2018 02:55 PM

3000 calories lmao

I’d get so fat

Stewie 03-30-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13496501)
3000 calories lmao

I’d get so fat

It's a sliding scale. Little men need a calorie intake close to a woman's. The 3000 calorie intake is for men whose ideal weight is around 200 lbs. They are generally 6' and taller.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-30-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13496180)

Taco supremes are really good

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 13496496)
A rough estimate of calories to maintain your ideal weight is 15 calories per pound (your ideal weight) per day.

The 2000 to 2200 calorie labels on food is mostly for little men and women. If your ideal weight is 180-200 you need to be closer to 2800 to 3000 calories per day. Moderate exercise included.

this isnt accurate... its closer to 10 for most fattys. to be at 15 would require a pretty high level of activity:

http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (by and large most peopel are aroudn 1.2 on this activity level chart <---- )

its basically a sliding scale where 10 is like no working out and 15 is working out a shitload......so for the average person, if they were to consume 15 they would gain weight.

try the calculator.,....and be honest about activity..

(women are from 9 to 14)

Stewie 03-30-2018 04:10 PM

This is the diet plan recommended by my doctor that was a success. I'm not diabetic but needed to lose weight and he recommended the diabetic plan. It's all about portion control that doesn't eliminate any food group. My normal weight is 190-200. It worked for me.

Since my weight loss I have moved back to a normal calorie intake.

Diabetic Diet Meal Planning (1900 Calories per Day)

Breakfast

Starch (choose 1)

2 slices bread
2 pancakes (4”)
½ Waffle
2 slices French Toast (Egg Whites)
¾ C. Cereal
1-1/3 C. Hash browns (only if 0.0 grams of Fat)
Or any combination of above (i.e. 1 pancake + 1 slice bread or 2/3 C. Hash browns + 1 slice bread, etc.)

No Vegetables

Fruit (choose 1)
½ Cup of any fruit juice
½ small banana
¼ Cantaloupe
½ Grapefruit
1/8 Honeydew Melon
1 small orange

Milk (choose 1)
½ Cup Egg Whites
½ Cup Skim Milk
½ Cup Lo/No-fat yogurt

Fat (choose 1)
1 tsp. Light Margarine
1 tsp. Canola or Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Light mayonnaise OR 1 Tbsp. Reg. mayonnaise

Lunch

Starch (choose 1)
2 slices of bread
3 - 6” tortillas
1 Cup Cooked Pasta
½ Cup Cooked Rice
1 potato (6 oz.)
1 Cup of Corn
2/3 cup Baked Beans
1 Cup Dried Beans
Crackers–24 Wheat Thin, 10 Triscuit, 6 Rye Crisp, 10 Low Fat Saltines or 40 Oyster

Vegetables (1/2 Cup) (choose 1) *see free vegetables at the end of the plan
Carrots
Tomatoes
Onions (green onions are free)
Green beans
Green peas
Winter Squash

Fruit (choose 1)
½ small banana
¼ Cantaloupe
½ Grapefruit
1/8 Honeydew Melon
1 small orange
½ Cup of any fruit juice
½ Cup of Apple Sauce
¼ Cup canned fruit cocktail
1 small orange
1 medium peach
1 small pear
½ Cup Pineapple
2 medium plums
2 Tbsp. Raisins
1 Cup Raspberries
1 Cup Watermelon

Meat (choose 1)

2 oz. Lunch meat 95% fat free (approx. 2 medium-thick slices)
4 oz. Canned tuna packed in water
No/Low fat cheese (2 oz.)
2 oz. Fish
2 oz. Any lean beef, pork, chicken (no skin)
½ Cup Crab
½ Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 oz. Parmesan
3 Tbsp. Peanut Butter

Fat (choose 1)

1 tsp. Light Margarine
20 peanuts
8 almonds
5 cashews
20 pistachios
20 peanuts
10 pecans

Afternoon Snack (choose 1)

Crackers–24 Wheat Thin, 10 Triscuit, 6 Rye Crisp, 10 Low Fat Saltines or 40 Oyster
1.5 oz. Pretzels
6 Cups Popcorn

Dinner

Starch (choose 1)

1 potato (4 oz.)
1 Cup Cooked Pasta
½ Cup Cooked Rice
2 slices of bread
3 tortillas
1 Cup of Corn
2/3 cup Baked Beans
1 Cup Dried Beans

Vegetables (1/2 Cup Cooked, 1 Cup Raw) (choose 1)

Carrots
Tomatoes
Onions (green onions are free)
Green beans
Green peas
Winter Squash

Fruit (choose 1)
½ small banana
¼ Cantaloupe
½ Grapefruit
1/8 Honeydew Melon
1 small orange
½ Cup of any fruit juice
½ Cup of Apple Sauce
¼ Cup canned fruit cocktail
1 small orange
1 medium peach
1 small pear
½ Cup Pineapple
2 medium plums
2 Tbsp. Raisins
1 Cup Raspberries
1 Cup Watermelon

Meat (choose 1)

3-4 oz. Any lean beef, pork, chicken (no skin)
4 oz. Fish
6 oz. Canned tuna packed in water
3/4 Cup Crab
No/Low fat cheese (3 oz.)
2/3 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1.5 oz. Parmesan
3 oz. (approx. 3 slices) Lunch meat (95% fat free)
4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter

Fat (choose 1)

1 tsp. Light Margarine
20 peanuts
8 almonds
5 cashews
20 pistachios
20 peanuts
10 pecans

Evening Snack (choose 1)

Crackers–12 Wheat Thin, 5 Triscuit, 3 Rye Crisp, 5 Low Fat Saltines or 20 Oyster
¾ oz. Pretzels
3 Cups Popcorn

*Free Vegetables (1 Cup raw/steamed 3 times per day maximum)

Asparagus Greens Mushrooms
Broccoli Beet Greens Okra
Brus. Sprouts Chard Peppers
Cabbage Collard Radishes
Cauliflower Dandelion Sauerkraut
Celery Kale String Beans, young
Chicory Mustard Summer Squash
Cucumbers Spinach Turnip Greens
Watercress Eggplant

BigRedChief 03-30-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13496224)
send nudes!

no pics please. :eek:

BigRedChief 03-30-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

down 50lbs in 3years.

meat for supper
beer only on weekends

sec

Congrats sec!

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 13496637)
This is the diet plan recommended by my doctor....My normal weight is 190-200. It worked for me.

Diabetic Diet Meal Planning (1900 Calories per Day)

190 x 10 = 1900

BigRedChief 03-30-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13496729)
190 x 10 = 1900

10 X my fat ass = way too many calories to lose weight

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13496766)
10 X my fat ass = way too many calories to lose weight

thats probably true but 10 x fatass is the break even point, you wouldnt gain any weight at that

if u did 10 x fatass and then subtract 500 per day (3500 a week) you would lose weight

IOW if a 300 pound dude eats 2500 calories a day, he should lose a pound a week because he will be shorting himself 3500 a week from the break even point.

3500 = 1 pound

maths

Simply Red 03-30-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13496794)
thats probably true but 10 x fatass is the break even point, you wouldnt gain any weight at that

if u did 10 x fatass and then subtract 500 per day (3500 a week) you would lose weight

IOW if a 300 pound dude eats 2500 calories a day, he should lose a pound a week because he will be shorting himself 3500 a week from the break even point.

3500 = 1 pound

maths

Good job bud.

Simply Red 03-30-2018 06:42 PM

can we play nude flash cards again?

BigRedChief 03-30-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13496794)

3500 = 1 pound

maths

its because of that fat ass ratio I’m Not tracking everything l eat. That will come later. I know I’m putting the right stuff in my body. I’m up to walking 4.5 miles now. 34lbs lost in 7 weeks since l decided to try my best.

Buck 03-30-2018 06:43 PM

I'm 6'1 200 and maintain at 1800-2000 calories. IDK where you got 3000 from.

Edit: and its really hard to eat 2000 calories unless you force feed yourself when you only eat stuff you cook yourself.

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13496807)
I'm 6'1 200 and maintain at 1800-2000 calories. IDK where you got 3000 from.

not sure if youre talkign to me but

200 x 10 = 2000 which is what i said was maintenance

read my post one more time

if you were 300 pounds and wanted to 'maintain' and not lose (or gain any more) weight then you would eat 3000 (break even point)

if you were 300 pounds, and you ate 2500 calories...you would lose weight every week...until u hit about 250 pounds ..

so as you lose weight, youve got to scale it back...when youre 250 pounds, 2500 = maintenance

in your case ...youre 200 pounds so 2000 = maintenance

again, maths...

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13496807)
Edit: and its really hard to eat 2000 calories unless you force feed yourself when you only eat stuff you cook yourself.

its not hard to eat 2000 calories if you eat crappy food, or drink soda or beer

one pint of beer is 300 calories ...

a six pack of good IPA (12 oz bottles) is like 1500 calories

if you cook pasta yourself or even rice, or high fat items like sausage / bacon...thats also heavy calories

Buck 03-30-2018 08:01 PM

I was talking to the guy who said 15 calories per pound was maintenance.

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13496897)
I was talking to the guy who said 15 calories per pound was maintenance.

Yeah, thats WAY too much unless maybe youre doing some serious athletics

For a 200 pound guy, whose normal maintenance is 2000 calories...

That extra 1000 calories a day would be a gain of 2 pounds a week....unless he was burning 1000 calories a day by doing hours of exercises per day

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2018 09:25 PM

Chocolate chip ice cream...with mini Reeses peanut buttercups