ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****TNF Packers @ Seahawks**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318884)

DJ's left nut 11-15-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13894558)
I bet that Rodgers wishes that he was playing in KC. They have a better line and better supporting cast.

Rodgers is making $30 million.

He'd have a better OL and supporting cast as well if he had Pat's cap figure.

RunKC 11-15-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13894558)
I bet that Rodgers wishes that he was playing in KC. They have a better line and better supporting cast.

I’m sure he’d rather be where he is making a shitload of money instead of a rookie contract.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 10:11 PM

oh my god guys both of these teams gave up at least 24 points their defenses are so bad they need to fire EVERYONE

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 10:11 PM

McCarthy is appallingly stupid.

You do not punt there with one timeout.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-15-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13894573)
McCarthy is appallingly stupid.

You do not punt there with one timeout.

Not at all. 4th and ****ing 2. Giving up a FG isn't the end of the world if you don't make it.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13894582)
Not at all. 4th and ****ing 2. Giving up a FG isn't the end of the world if you don't make it. Not to mention it's a short field and they might not drain the entire clock from that spot

Exactly my thinking.

SEA about to run this clock out.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-15-2018 10:16 PM

They should fire this asshole tonight. How many games is he gonna blow?

ChiefsCountry 11-15-2018 10:16 PM

McCarthy not going for it on 4th and 2 was dumb. Guess he wants that Cleveland job bad next year.

Buck 11-15-2018 10:17 PM

Shoulda challenged that play lol

mr. tegu 11-15-2018 10:18 PM

Rodgers looks so uninterested when things aren’t going well. It always seems like he is trying to blame others when things aren’t working.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 10:18 PM

It's funny how happy a team can be to be 5-5.

****ing plebes.

Coach 11-15-2018 10:19 PM

McCarthy should be relieved of his duties.

He's just terrible.

MAG 11-15-2018 10:22 PM

I have no idea how he has kept his job this long.

ChiefsCountry 11-15-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13894589)
It's funny how happy a team can be to be 5-5.

****ing plebes.

http://i.imgur.com/sktnWBc.gif

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 10:32 PM

we bitch about andy reid

mccarthy just pulled a stunt that would have half this board calling for reid's head

wazu 11-15-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13894608)
we bitch about andy reid

mccarthy just pulled a stunt that would have half this board calling for reid's head

McCarthy isn't half the coach that Reid is. But he has Aaron Rodgers, who covers up a lot of flaws. Now that Reid has Mahomes it seems like whatever flaws Reid has have disappeared. And so we've lost one game. On the road in New England. By 3 points.

eDave 11-15-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13894305)
I was just saying that I love everybody else's but hate our own.
Posted via Mobile Device

^ That

RunKC 11-15-2018 10:52 PM

It’s not fair that McCarthy has a Super Bowl and Andy doesn’t.

ChiefsCountry 11-15-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13894618)

Andy would have multiple Super Bowls if he had Aaron Rodgers.

wazu 11-15-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

If anything is unfair, it's that Rodgers should have multiple Super Bowls, but his coach is a boat anchor that has dramatically lowered the ceiling of one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Luck of the draw.

I've always said Reid no worse a coach than Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Barry Switzer, Jon Gruden, etc.

RunKC 11-15-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13894619)
Andy would have multiple Super Bowls if he had Aaron Rodgers.

Well I guess we’re about to find out since he now has his own Aaron Rodgers.

Mecca 11-15-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13894588)
Rodgers looks so uninterested when things aren’t going well. It always seems like he is trying to blame others when things aren’t working.

He should, he literally has had none of the advantages the other elite QB's have had.

Watch his offense then watch the Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Pats...look how easy those teams make it for their QB to succeed while Rodgers is basically given nothing and has to go into god mode to succeed.

Simply Red 11-15-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13894641)
He should, he literally has had none of the advantages the other elite QB's have had.

Watch his offense then watch the Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Pats...look how easy those teams make it for their QB to succeed while Rodgers is basically given nothing and has to go into god mode to succeed.

a little off track here - but Seahawks scare me more than anyone on our remaining schedule.

BWillie 11-16-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maine (Post 13894544)
Mike McCarthy can flat out coach

Is this a joke? Surely it is.

First they don't challenge the long completion that allowed the Seahawks to score and go up in the game. THEN - on 4th and 2 with AARON ****ing RODGERS and a RB that has been killing it they PUNT with one time out and 4 minutes left. And never get the ball back again.

Just appallingly stupid mofo that McCarthy. The guy got gifted the best QB of all time. That's the only reason he still is employed.

Mecca 11-16-2018 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13894676)

First they don't challenge the long completion that allowed the Seahawks to score and go up in the game. THEN - on 4th and 2 with AARON ****ing RODGERS and a RB that has been killing it they PUNT with one time out and 4 minutes left. And never get the ball back again.

Just appallingly stupid mofo that McCarthy. The guy got gifted the best QB of all time. That's the only reason he still is employed.

Remember, he chose Alex Smith over Rodgers...he was with the 49ers when that call was made.

-King- 11-16-2018 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13894676)

Aaron Rodgers is playing like pure shit (by his standards ) this year. If he didn't **** up that last drive he had, he never puts McCarthy in a position to make mistakes. This year I've noticed he routinely skips over easy passes and first down while trying to make home run passes. I know a lot of people don't like hearing it, but sometimes, hitting the check down is the right move. Especially when it can result in an easy first down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 11-16-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13894631)
Luck of the draw.

I've always said Reid no worse a coach than Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Barry Switzer, Jon Gruden, etc.

Kubiak

MahiMike 11-16-2018 06:50 AM

Start the coaching carousel now.

Chiefnj2 11-16-2018 06:56 AM

This is good. I want the Bears to make the playoffs.

ThaVirus 11-16-2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13894665)
a little off track here - but Seahawks scare me more than anyone on our remaining schedule.

They run the ball well and they'll stay committed to it, unlike most teams on our schedule. Their defense is strong as well.

That'll be a game where we need to put the pedal to the metal and get as big a lead a strong possible to force them to pass to win.

notorious 11-16-2018 07:11 AM

McCarthy isn’t a bad coach, he just isn’t a good one.

GB is ****ed. The mojo in that organization is horrible. They need a major change at coach to get it corrected.

Let’s not forget they lost the guy that loaded their roster with talent years ago.

ThaVirus 11-16-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13894732)
Aaron Rodgers is playing like pure shit (by his standards ) this year. If he didn't **** up that last drive he had, he never puts McCarthy in a position to make mistakes. This year I've noticed he routinely skips over easy passes and first down while trying to make home run passes. I know a lot of people don't like hearing it, but sometimes, hitting the check down is the right move. Especially when it can result in an easy first down.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's pretty hilarious that the dude can throw 19 TDs to only 1 INT while leading a top 10 offense and be labeled "pure shit".

Just goes to show how incredible he's been for the past ten years.

Skyy God 11-16-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

I think he’s sick of having the Beav as HC.

FringeNC 11-16-2018 08:00 AM

We don't appreciate just how good a coach Andy Reid is. No way an Andy Reid team with Aaron Rodgers has that record.

Hoover 11-16-2018 08:33 AM

The Packers have a lot of nice young talent. I do think they need a new HC, that offense is boring as shit.

chinaski 11-16-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13894814)
The Packers have a lot of nice young talent. I do think they need a new HC, that offense is boring as shit.

That Fackrell dude was wrecking shit last night.

OKchiefs 11-16-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13894762)
They run the ball well and they'll stay committed to it, unlike most teams on our schedule. Their defense is strong as well.

That'll be a game where we need to put the pedal to the metal and get as big a lead a strong possible to force them to pass to win.

I'm jealous of how Seattle basically got rid of their entire legion of boom and still have a far superior defense than us.

NJChiefsFan 11-16-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13895036)
I'm jealous of how Seattle basically got rid of their entire legion of boom and still have a far superior defense than us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.acm...homas-nfl-2018

I'm not saying we are equal but less than 2 points a game less than us isn't far superior.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-16-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13895036)

https://media.giphy.com/media/ENF4RGES1bt2o/giphy.gif

DJ's left nut 11-16-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

For what it's worth - Rodgers wasn't like this when he was young.

It's my last worry with Mahomes - how time will change him. Rodgers was very much a happy-go-lucky kid when he was a new starter. It took 4-5 years for him to start to 'big time' people.

Obviously we don't think it will happen with Pat, but I'm betting packers fan didn't think Rodgers would turn into a bit of a surly dickhole either.

Discuss Thrower 11-16-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13895364)
For what it's worth - Rodgers wasn't like this when he was young.

It's my last worry with Mahomes - how time will change him. Rodgers was very much a happy-go-lucky kid when he was a new starter. It took 4-5 years for him to start to 'big time' people.

Obviously we don't think it will happen with Pat, but I'm betting packers fan didn't think Rodgers would turn into a bit of a surly dickhole either.

There is a slight difference between playing for the Packers and the Chiefs.. and following a league personality like Favre.

DJ's left nut 11-16-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13895367)
There is a slight difference between playing for the Packers and the Chiefs.. and following a league personality like Favre.

There won't be if he wins.

If Mahomes wins a SB, with his charisma, the Chiefs would become a national brand immediately. It's a difficult thing for us to fathom, but I'm certain it's true.

And while it's true that following Favre is different than following Smith, let's not act like Favre was a beloved character when Rodgers stepped in. People were tired of the retirement acts and thought Favre was washed up. When he went to the Vikings, his own fans turned on him. Following Favre wasn't the same as following Elway in Denver - the shine had largely worn off him by the time Rodgers took over.

Wilson's the counterpoint; I've never seen him develop that kind of toxic sheen on top. He's generally remained a pretty grounded, humble guy and appears to be the same style of leader he's always been. We'll be extremely fortunate if Mahomes handles the spotlight the same way Wilson did.

But we can't dismiss the possibility that he becomes a little jaded by the whole thing; a little more cynical or hard-edged. I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not impossible.