ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you Believe in Bigfoot ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324272)

BryanBusby 08-04-2019 07:38 PM

This isn't a Brooke Pryor thread?

Bob Dole 08-04-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14378850)
I would like to believe in Bigfoot.

I have a problem concerning evidence, though. If Bigfoot exists, why has there never been any scat recovered?

I spend a lot of time outdoors, hunting, fishing, scouting for hunting and fishing, hiking, etc. For the last 17 years I've spent an average of 50-70 days/nights a year up on the Mogollon Rim here in AZ, as well as another 8-12 days in southwest WY, 7-8 days in MT, and 6-7 days in central CO. Nearly all of it primitive camping miles from the nearest paved road, essentially without seeing another human for days. And there have been sightings of the "Mogollon Monster" since the 1940s. But I've never in all those days come across any Bigfoot crap.

And as a lifelong hunter, I can pretty easily identify nearly all of the scat I come across, including deer, elk, black bear, mountain lion, porcupine, raccoon, wolf, coyote, wild horses, etc. and so on. And in all this time I've never come across any large sized unknown scat. Not in OK where I grew up, not in MO where I spent nearly 15 years hunting and fishing. Not in KS, TX, NM, CO, CA, WY, or MT. We're talking about a few thousand days and nights in the woods and on mountains basically where tens of thousands of sightings have been recorded.

So what are they doing with it? Maybe they're burying it like a cat, but then it would be a sizeable pile of dirt if they're 500-800 lbs. And wild animals just crap anywhere, usually right on the trail/game trail. Mountain lions and other cats will cover their feces, but they don't make any real effort to go off and hide their dumps.

So why haven't I, or anyone else, found any Bigfoot excrement?

They are considerate and bury their poo.

Dunerdr 08-04-2019 08:06 PM

Yes. I have my reasons.

mcknzAlex 08-04-2019 08:35 PM

Maybe it exists, but I don't think that I would love to see one. :shake:

Tribal Warfare 08-04-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14378942)
This isn't a Brooke Pryor thread?

Kris Wilson

Discuss Thrower 08-04-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14379118)
Kris Wilson

queue

lewdog 08-04-2019 09:06 PM

I believe in jerkin' off hogs that look like Bigfoot's mom!

Megatron96 08-04-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 14378862)
So you're a shitologist?

The correct term is taxonomist, I believe.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-08-2019 08:20 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1rsvP7TTnlA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzzer99 08-08-2019 10:45 PM

A creature that size needs a huge territory to sustain a breeding population over the millennia. There too many people crawling all over the Pacific NW. There would be evidence. Period.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-08-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14386010)
A creature that size needs a huge territory to sustain a breeding population over the millennia. There too many people crawling all over the Pacific NW. There would be evidence. Period.

Not if they exist in a 3rd dimension.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 08-08-2019 11:05 PM

It is not hairy. It is draped in seaweed to keep it moist between water

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2020 07:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PWgikKh_WwM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 07:07 PM

My wife's sister Vicki lives in Arkansas out in the sticks on a farm. She is a religious freak, ya know everything is.....thank you Lord,...praise Jesus. She does not lie and is very intellegent and plays a big role at her church and the community, she doesn't BS around or play games.

She has seen whatever they have in those Arkansas hills as Bigfoot, she owns three huge dogs that keep the thing back in the hills. But it is there.

The thing has killed her chickens and stolen clothes off the line, then here comes the dogs which this thing can out run. That was when she first moved there and kept the dogs indoor, now they sleep outside to guard. She has heard screams at night, there is more than one.

Like I mentioned Vicki doesn't BS around at all.

She has said it's around 6 feet tall maybe 300 pounds and reddish brown with long hair all over the body, that is from a distance.

alpha_omega 03-03-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14377337)
I believe in alien life more than bigfoot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 14377361)
I’m pretty sure the six million dollar man killed the last one.

Ha. Must have missed this thread originally...anyway....

Wasn’t the Bigfoot in six million dollar man an alien?..or controlled by aliens or something like that????

Good times.

FAX 03-03-2020 07:17 PM

Vicki's story is impressive. However, all reported Bigfeets sightings are "from a distance".

If they aren't, they don't get reported.

FAX

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823345)
My wife's sister Vicki lives in Arkansas out in the sticks on a farm. She is a religious freak, ya know everything is.....thank you Lord,...praise Jesus. She does not lie and is very intellegent and plays a big role at her church and the community, she doesn't BS around or play games.

She has seen whatever they have in those Arkansas hills as Bigfoot, she owns three huge dogs that keep the thing back in the hills. But it is there.

The thing has killed her chickens and stolen clothes off the line, then here comes the dogs which this thing can out run. That was when she first moved there and kept the dogs indoor, now they sleep outside to guard. She has heard screams at night, there is more than one.

She has said it's around 6 feet tall maybe 300 pounds and reddish brown with long hair all over the body, that is from a distance.

Okay but what’s his time in the 100???

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14823374)
Vicki's story is impressive. However, all reported Bigfeets sightings are "from a distance".

If they aren't, they don't get reported.

FAX

The thing is everyone around her have the same stories so there is no.....yeah right. It's there, no doubt about it.

Easy 6 03-03-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14386028)
Not if they exist in a 3rd dimension.

There’s clearly a metaphysical aspect to this phenomenon

The single greatest testimony I’ve ever seen, was on an old Discovery special called Bigfootville I believe, about a certain sector of Oklahoma

They interviewed a still active 30+ year game warden just weeks/months from retirement, super salt of the earth and by the book, just the facts type old guy who swore one stood directly in front of his truck while patrolling

Said he only came out with it because he was nearly retired and no longer cared what anyone thought

You just took one look at this guy and said... “yeah there’s no ****ing way he’s delusional or lying”

We live in a world of genuine mystery, we don’t know everything

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14823379)
Okay but what’s his time in the 100???

Why are you so damn dumb?

Dude, I really am about to stick you on ignore, ok?

Mahomes_Is_God 03-03-2020 07:29 PM

Yes. How could you not believe?

This guy has a dead Bigfoot that he keeps in his freezer that he often times shows off for educational purposes.

https://youtu.be/tCN8IAsawjI

https://youtu.be/ft7nBx9oRl4?list=PL...gGlrXnK02v9x6j

Undeniable, definitive physical proof.

Shiver Me Timbers 03-03-2020 07:32 PM

Yes
He steals pool water
he also goes by Yeti

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823388)
Why are you so damn dumb?

Dude, I really am about to stick you on ignore, ok?

So you don’t know? I bet carcosa could tell me.

Spott 03-03-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

How fast does Vicky run the 100 meter hurdles? Have you ever tried to hook up with her?

eDave 03-03-2020 07:44 PM

If you believe Billay actually has a mom, you believe in Bigfoot.

Dayze 03-03-2020 07:46 PM

Goonie goo goo

Stryker 03-03-2020 08:21 PM

Absolutely **** NO! This is nothing more than an urban legend. This BS has been going on since the 70's. Pass.

FAX 03-03-2020 08:43 PM

The point is that Vicki may well have Bigfeets in her ancestral record. In fact, her family tree may well have been repeatedly battered by previous generations of Bigfeets simply attempting to communicate by whacking bark.

Any woman from Arkansas with Bigfeets DNA is more likely to attract other Bigfeets due to the subtlety of persistent pheromonal allure.

At this point, one can only hope that Vicki has excellent phone service and the local sheriff on speed dial.

FAX

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14823515)
The point is that Vicki may well have Bigfeets in her ancestral record. In fact, her family tree may well have been repeatedly battered by previous generations of Bigfeets simply attempting to communicate by whacking bark.

Any woman from Arkansas with Bigfeets DNA is more likely to attract other Bigfeets due to the subtlety of persistent pheromonal allure.

At this point, one can only hope that Vicki has excellent phone service and the local sheriff on speed dial.

FAX

Vicki is from San Diego, she moved back to Arkansas a few years ago, her husband a truck driver, it just made sense.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2NmwBG3NdIk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Vicki said she saw one of these things she did.

FAX 03-03-2020 08:52 PM

Is Vicki particularly hirsute?

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2020 09:01 PM

I'll have more videos soon, I've done lots of research .

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14823532)
Is Vicki particularly hirsute?

FAX

Nope!

When they first moved back there, they knew nothing about the situation. After a few weeks Vicki gives my wife Judy a call, it was.....listen to this as Judy could hear the screams of the thing on the phone, that's when it started.

As Vicki started meeting the neighbors the stories were told.

I get some MUST play it off but that isn't Vicki, she don't play any silly BS at all, she saw something.

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823550)
Nope!

When they first moved back there, they knew nothing about the situation. After a few weeks Vicki gives my wife Judy a call, it was.....listen to this as Judy could hear the screams on the phone, that's when it started.

As Vicki started meeting the neighbors the stories were told.

I get some MUST play it off but that isn't Vicki, she don't play any silly BS at all, she saw something.

Has anything sexual ever happened between you and Vicki?

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14823554)
Has anything sexual ever happened between you and Vicki?

I hate sex, YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823572)

Is that because you have two tiny penises instead of a normal one?

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14823582)
Is that because you have two tiny penises instead of a normal one?

Dude, see the thread title, this is a thread about BIGFOOT ok little fella?

If you need to act stuipd start a thread.

Spott 03-03-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823572)

That’s not what Vicky said.

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14823662)
That’s not what Vicky said.

:rolleyes:

Why Not? 03-03-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

A vicious 6ft 300lb carnivorous creature but it’s afraid of dogs?

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14823754)
A vicious 6ft 300lb carnivorous creature but it’s afraid of dogs?

Yep, as is a 8 foot 1000 pound bear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uE6S34cEqJE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why Not? 03-03-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823774)
Yep, as is a 8 foot 1000 pound bear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uE6S34cEqJE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perhaps but small sample size. Google “bear kills dog”

Ubeja Vontell 03-03-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14823810)
Perhaps but small sample size. Google “bear kills dog”

Nobody is talking about a dog, it's three big dogs, try Rottweilers. These three dogs would tear a bigfoot apart.

Then there's...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mkx1T4ckl0U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 03-03-2020 11:46 PM

In order to make any progress in this investigation, some additional salient information is needed.

What is Vicki's shoe size? And is she, perchance, known as an excellent swimmer?

FAX

Ubeja Vontell 03-04-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14823932)
In order to make any progress in this investigation, some additional salient information is needed.

What is Vicki's shoe size? And is she, perchance, known as an excellent swimmer?

FAX

Respect the OP, ok?

Cleavage 03-04-2020 01:19 AM

The Seattle Supersonics had Sasquatch as their mascot. Best. Mascot. Ever.

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 01:53 AM

Ive told my story here. Couple times.
I do have a little up date.
My daughter was watching a vid of these peeps in a jungle. I could hear what she was watching but wasn't paying any attention really.
When Boom. I hear that nosie, I aint heard but once in my life.
What the hell are you watching kid?
Im watching a vid with Howler monkeys in it.
I made her replay the noise several times to be sure.

Im a 100% sure of one thing. Either Howler monkeys roam the woods of Fordland Missouri or ?
You tell me?

Sorry 03-04-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14824020)
Ive told my story here. Couple times.
I do have a little up date.
My daughter was watching a vid of these peeps in a jungle. I could hear what she was watching but wasn't paying any attention really.
When Boom. I hear that nosie, I aint heard but once in my life.
What the hell are you watching kid?
Im watching a vid with Howler monkeys in it.
I made her replay the noise several times to be sure.

Im a 100% sure of one thing. Either Howler monkeys roam the woods of Fordland Missouri or ?
You tell me?

Care to link the story? I’m always down

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14378556)
It's BIG!

As in BIG BOY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5GS8pBncwc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was a great chase. And the.only Big i ever want to see.

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14824024)
Care to link the story? I’m always down

Post 39 and 42 tell the gist of it.
Few other things happened down there, but i wasn't there.
The two dogs came up missing few months later.
Property owner thinks someone drove out to his place and stole them.
Maybe?

dlphg9 03-04-2020 02:22 AM

Vicki Vontell isn't seeing big foot. I'd say it's a god damn bear cuz big foot is much bigger than 6 ft tall 300 lbs.

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 02:35 AM

Ive also spent a good chunk of my life at the Omaha zoo running the locomotives.
Ive heard bears,cats, camels, you ****ing name it. If the Omaha zoo has it outside in a cage? Ive heard it.
A thousand times.

What I heard. In Fordland? You would have to have been there to understand how loud this things was.
Defies logic.

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 02:40 AM

Not near as loud. But close enough in sound. Its almost spot on. Spokes me to listen to it.
https://youtu.be/EajC52lgFys

Rasputin 03-04-2020 02:47 AM

Sasquatch was last reported to be in Texas. My brothers ex wife resides there.

Ubeja Vontell 03-04-2020 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14824029)
Vicki Vontell isn't seeing big foot. I'd say it's a god damn bear cuz big foot is much bigger than 6 ft tall 300 lbs.

Vicki Dennis my sister in law.

She knows what a bear looks like, and like I mentioned everyone around where she lives have the same stories. There is more than one so that 6 footer could be a young one.

The thing is Vicki is a very serious person, she isn't BSing around over anything. If she said she saw a thing she saw a thing. My wife Judy heard the thing screaming on the phone.

JimNasium 03-04-2020 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14824038)
Vicki Dennis my sister in law.

She knows what a bear looks like, and like I mentioned everyone around where she lives have the same stories. There is more than one so that 6 footer could be a young one.

The thing is Vicki is a very serious person, she isn't BSing around over anything. If she said she saw a thing she saw a thing. My wife Judy heard the thing screaming on the phone.

Why was Judy talking to Bigfoot on the phone? Do you have his number?

scho63 03-04-2020 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823593)
Dude, see the thread title, this is a thread about BIGFOOT ok little fella?

If you need to act stuipd start a thread.

Did Bigfoot run the 40 in like 4.37 flat in his bare feet? :rolleyes:

Also, if you are going to call someone stupid, at least spell it correctly. ROFL

Why Not? 03-04-2020 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14823818)
Nobody is talking about a dog, it's three big dogs, try Rottweilers. These three dogs would tear a bigfoot apart.

Objection, your Honor! Speculation! Since nobody has ever seen a Bigfoot vs 3 Rottweilers or for that matter, a confirmed Bigfoot anyway, we have no clue how said Bigfoot would fare in combat vs said dogs.

stumppy 03-04-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14824095)
Objection, your Honor! Speculation! Since nobody has ever seen a Bigfoot vs 3 Rottweilers or for that matter, a confirmed Bigfoot anyway, we have no clue how said Bigfoot would fare in combat vs said dogs.

Which begs another question. Could Bigfoot beat Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

Why Not? 03-04-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14824101)
Which begs another question. Could Bigfoot beat Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

That’s a good one. I’m gonna bet on mid to late 80’s Tyson.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2020 07:44 AM

A bigfoot would destroy 3 Rottweilers . People have seen a Bigfoot carrying a dead Mountain lion over its shoulder before.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2020 07:48 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kdp6LE76tXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cripple creek 03-04-2020 08:27 AM

i'm hopeful they never capture one if they do exist

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-04-2020 08:40 AM

People have their own private zoos. I imagine the animals get loose now & again. It has to be illegal to have a MOMO with out a permit

redfan 03-04-2020 08:42 AM

Nope, no bigfoots. Sorry, kids.
Also: no Santa Claus nor tooth fairy. Sorry.
But It'd be very cool if there were.

Iowanian 03-04-2020 09:04 AM

A few years ago, we borrowed a full size gorilla suit from an uncle.
My brother put it on and we went to the known location of a couple of our friends hunting areas with Trail cameras. It was a rainy, shitty day which took some of the fun out of it...some.....but there were several bigfoots walking in front of trail cameras that day.

The hope was the one of them would share it, but I never saw a pic or heard any grief.

Might be time to try that again.

Jerm 03-04-2020 09:47 AM

Patterson-Gimlin is still an amazing piece of footage...100% believe that's genuine.

Hearing Gimlin talk about it is compelling as **** too.

Beef Supreme 03-04-2020 10:01 AM

Have we signed this piece of shit yet?

Or do we need to get this thread to 3,000 posts to sign bigfoot?

Jerm 03-04-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14824281)
Have we signed this piece of shit yet?

Or do we need to get this thread to 3,000 posts to sign bigfoot?

Gonna take over for Jones...

Halfcan 03-04-2020 10:46 AM

This was my post of an encounter we had up in British Columbia.

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

I felt the exact same way until I saw one.

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

And a follow-up post answering a few questions.

Yep posted in another Bigfoot thread- on here I think it was. When we got back I started doing research and most every picture looked the same-lol Absolutely nothing looked like what we saw.

So I posted on a Bigfoot Research site. All hell broke loose. I was immediatly called a liar, a faker, ect. It was crazy- how dare I describe an animal that did not have long dirty tangled hair ect.

So they started checking on my story- turns out the flatbed is common to a trucking company there and I identified the exact truck type. They pinpointed where I saw it and there were several other reports in that area- something like 30 in a two month period. None that close. An artist on there contacted me by phone and drew pics of what I saw- it looked amazingly close- so he posted it.

There were 2 or 3 total a holes- that slammed the pics- the evidence- everything- they closed the thread and locked it for some reason. About two weeks later a team went to that area and found footprints and nesting. They posted a thread about it and several sent me apologies.

I mean what did I have to gain? I didnt even know these people. Most of the threads on there were about growling and stuff and I post a day light sighting with an exact location and details and they about ran me off there-lol It was pretty disapointing. It was several years before I told anyone again.

And a follow up post.

lol It was not a badger. We had just went to Calgary zoo the day before and saw gorilla's, bears and about every other animal. We saw moose and elk up close at Baniff national park. And probably an hour or less before the sighting pulled over and saw the family of mountain goats. So like I said my mind was thinking elk or moose because it was so tall.

I tried to get pics- we sat on the side of the road for maybe 15 minutes but it was gone. I just have no idea how it could get down that sheer drop off. It was like it just casually stepped over the rail and just right over the side without breaking stride. I had a 35 mm with a 200-600 zoom and scanned the whole valley.

I usually don't talk about it much- people just think you are nuts-lol We were stunned and didn't talk for maybe 50 miles before the kids were asking what it was. I just said I didn't know-lol

Jerm 03-04-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14824386)

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

Yep posted in another Bigfoot thread- on here I think it was. When we got back I started doing research and most every picture looked the same-lol Absolutely nothing looked like what we saw.

So I posted on a Bigfoot Research site. All hell broke loose. I was immediatly called a liar, a faker, ect. It was crazy- how dare I describe an animal that did not have long dirty tangled hair ect.

So they started checking on my story- turns out the flatbed is common to a trucking company there and I identified the exact truck type. They pinpointed where I saw it and there were several other reports in that area- something like 30 in a two month period. None that close. An artist on there contacted me by phone and drew pics of what I saw- it looked amazingly close- so he posted it.

There were 2 or 3 total a holes- that slammed the pics- the evidence- everything- they closed the thread and locked it for some reason. About two weeks later a team went to that area and found footprints and nesting. They posted a thread about it and several sent me apologies.

I mean what did I have to gain? I didnt even know these people. Most of the threads on there were about growling and stuff and I post a day light sighting with an exact location and details and they about ran me off there-lol It was pretty disapointing. It was several years before I told anyone again.

And a follow up post.

lol It was not a badger. We had just went to Calgary zoo the day before and saw gorilla's, bears and about every other animal. We saw moose and elk up close at Baniff national park. And probably an hour or less before the sighting pulled over and saw the family of mountain goats. So like I said my mind was thinking elk or moose because it was so tall.

I tried to get pics- we sat on the side of the road for maybe 15 minutes but it was gone. I just have no idea how it could get down that sheer drop off. It was like it just casually stepped over the rail and just right over the side without breaking stride. I had a 35 mm with a 200-600 zoom and scanned the whole valley.

I usually don't talk about it much- people just think you are nuts-lol We were stunned and didn't talk for maybe 50 miles before the kids were asking what it was. I just said I didn't know-lol

That's incredible....so have you found a pic on the internet yet that looks like it?

I'm intrigued by your description.

Halfcan 03-04-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14824152)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kdp6LE76tXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's incredible....so have you found a pic on the internet yet that looks like it?

I'm intrigued by your description.

If you take this pic and remove most of the facial hair so you could see more of the leathery face that would be close to what we saw. Much smaller and rounder head.

I had the artist rendering pics on an old computer that stopped working. It would be interesting to take it in and see if I could get them off the hard drive. He was pretty talented and ended up moving to the area (Lees Summit) we kept in touch a few years.

Like I said- I don't talk about it much. I usually get this response. :huh: :doh!: LMAO

Soon as you mention Bigfoot- you are a nut-lol Plus, my encounter did not look like the typical beef jerky Sasquatch either.

redfan 03-04-2020 11:56 AM

I just watched an excellent analysis of the PGF, and I'm back to 'maybe there is a bigfoot'. I'm just astounded there isn't any biological evidence. Where's the poop, hair, bones or fossil record?

ToxSocks 03-04-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 14824526)
I just watched an excellent analysis of the PGF, and I'm back to 'maybe there is a bigfoot'. I'm just astounded there isn't any biological evidence. Where's the poop, hair, bones or fossil record?

PGF?

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

And a follow up post.

You've actually seen one.
That's awesome.. And ya. People do think you're crazy when you tell your story.
Lucky for me. Crazy has been part of my DNA since i was about 16 and Ive learned to embrace it.

redfan 03-04-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14824632)
PGF?

The Patterson-Gimlin Film, it's the classic BF vid from 1967, you've prolly seen it.

ToxSocks 03-04-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 14824651)
The Patterson-Gimlin Film, it's the classic BF vid from 1967, you've prolly seen it.

Ah gotcha. Yeah.

ToxSocks 03-04-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

And a follow up post.

It'd be sweet to see the pics you DID take. Of the Valley, road etc just to better envision it.

Halfcan 03-04-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14824637)
You've actually seen one.
That's awesome.. And ya. People do think you're crazy when you tell your story.
Lucky for me. Crazy has been part of my DNA since i was about 16 and Ive learned to embrace it.

This! When we got home, I could not stop thinking about it. So I went through everything Bigfoot on the (World Wide Web) and nothing came close to matching up to what we saw. I found the Bigfoot Research site and posted my encounter. It was crazy. I had people threaten me, call me every name in the book, ect. I was only looking for answers. A few "sane" people that run site, sent me a long-form for the encounter, which I filled out. I had my trusty road atlas that had our trip all marked up, so I knew almost the exact place. With all this information- Bigfoot "researchers" in the area, went out for a weekend looking. In the end, I felt vindicated with their follow up post, but after two weeks of crazies sending me hate email, I got off the site for good. I checked back years later and they had the same old stuff as before I posted. Pics of Muddy tracks and a lot of grainy videos that could be about anything. I have told a few people about it, but I figure it is best to keep it to myself.

With so many folks out hiking now and having phone cameras, drones, ect I figure someone will get some legit great footage of these unknown creatures, at least I hope so. :thumb:

Halfcan 03-04-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14824731)
It'd be sweet to see the pics you DID take. Of the Valley, road etc just to better envision it.

It must have been the summer of 2001 because my youngest son was still in a car seat. I had an Olympus 35 mm camera ( which I lost in the divorce) but I have photos somewhere of that trip. I will see if I can dig them up and scan what I have. :thumb:

Looking back, I wish I would have documented the entire site more. Pics of the guard rail- to show how tall it had to have been to just step right over it in full stride. Pics going straight down the cliff with some kind of marker like a tree- to get an idea of the sheer dropoff. I think if we had not just been in a wreck I would have been way more cognizant of not only what we saw, but getting more pics. Film and developing was a little pricy then so I took pics sparingly. Today I would have an entire memory card full.

LiveSteam 03-04-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14824761)
This! When we got home, I could not stop thinking about it. So I went through everything Bigfoot on the (World Wide Web) and nothing came close to matching up to what we saw. I found the Bigfoot Research site and posted my encounter. It was crazy. I had people threaten me, call me every name in the book, ect. I was only looking for answers. A few "sane" people that run site, sent me a long-form for the encounter, which I filled out. I had my trusty road atlas that had our trip all marked up, so I knew almost the exact place. With all this information- Bigfoot "researchers" in the area, went out for a weekend looking. In the end, I felt vindicated with their follow up post, but after two weeks of crazies sending me hate email, I got off the site for good. I checked back years later and they had the same old stuff as before I posted. Pics of Muddy tracks and a lot of grainy videos that could be about anything. I have told a few people about it, but I figure it is best to keep it to myself.

With so many folks out hiking now and having phone cameras, drones, ect I figure someone will get some legit great footage of these unknown creatures, at least I hope so. :thumb:

I was the same way.. I went straight over to Bugs house and jump on his computer and we started looking for Bigfoot sounds.. But never found anything that sounded like what i heard. Eventually I got internet at my house and kept trying to find something like what i heard. But gave up. That was years ago now.. Then about 6 months ago. My kid was listening to Howler Monkeys on her laptop. And Im like DAM, thats what i listened to that night, for 2 or more hours.