ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How are you holding up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330063)

Spott 03-22-2020 08:15 AM

Probably a 9. I definitely miss the gym, but I’ve just had to bundle up and start running outside. I’m lucky that I get to continue working and be outside all day and that the other members of my immediate family get to keep working. I went out yesterday and swept the water off of the ramps at the local skatepark in case some kids wanted to get out and ride. Of course I also take a few turns on the mini ramp once it dried up.

My credit card bill is probably going to be an all time low this month. I didn’t buy a single thing yesterday, which is has the be the first Saturday in my adult life that has happened.

Rasputin 03-22-2020 08:24 AM

Actually i put 6 although not in dire strait but I'm being garnished from an old hospital bill I've been paying on for 10 years though 50 bucks a month for my back surgery. I've dwindled it down over the years (at the time no insurance) but still owe aprox 3 grand and they took 25% of my check after having 93 hours of overtime and i wanted to use that money for my daughters wedding in April. So this puts me behind a curve ball and a swing and a miss. Right now back ache and head ache like a fast ball & I dodge but kiss the dirt. This Mighty Casey at Bat needs to hit a home run.

Missed one or two payments because this dumb**** forgot to renew the direct billing because like milkman would say Dumbass

Spott 03-22-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14858766)
And, while it ranks low on the big picture scale, I really miss sports. We’re all supposed to be watching the NCAA tournament with our buddies, not dealing with this shit!

No doubt. I don’t really follow college basketball, but it would have been great to have had that going on the last 4 days. At the time the idea of playing the tournament in empty arenas sounded silly, but I damn sure would be watching it if it was on now.

notorious 03-22-2020 08:29 AM

The weather has sucked so the kids and I have been stuck inside.

Once the weather improves I will bump my 5 up.

Why Not? 03-22-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14858806)
No doubt. I don’t really follow college basketball, but it would have been great to have had that going on the last 4 days. At the time the idea of playing the tournament in empty arenas sounded silly, but I damn sure would be watching it if it was on now.

Amen.

BigRedChief 03-22-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14858272)
Haven't heard anything from the jobs I had interviewed for earlier in this month.

Safe to say I never will hear back from them.

Same here. Had 3rd or more interviews with 4 companies. One even flew me out to corporate to meet the CIO/CEO on their dime. Silence from all.

We are just going to have wait till we come out of our houses and businesses access their companies new reality.

Buehler445 03-22-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14858840)
Same here. Had 3rd or more interviews with 4 companies. One even flew me out to corporate to meet the CIO/CEO on their dime. Silence from all.

We are just going to have wait till we come out of our houses and businesses access their companies new reality.

I didn't know you were in the job market.

notorious 03-22-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14858840)

I have had more people call about quotes, then back out the last week than I have the previous 5 years combined.

People are hunkering in physically and financially.

They will call again after things settle down, but damn.

This is in the middle of nowhere Kansas......

TwistedChief 03-22-2020 09:33 AM

I don't know how anyone can be a 10 when there's so much suffering to come from others. This is beyond tragic for the majority of the world.

BigRedChief 03-22-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14858852)
I didn't know you were in the job market.

I've been working contracts for a while. I was crushed during the Super Bowl with a job. Finished it and then going on to the next one when this hit.

Discuss Thrower 03-22-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14858969)
I don't know how anyone can be a 10 when there's so much suffering to come from others. This is beyond tragic for the majority of the world.

Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:rolleyes:

SAUTO 03-22-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14858987)
Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

Yeah, he REALLY looks like the douchebag here...

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 09:47 AM

I work from home on computer but I have lost a good chunk of income with trade shows being canceled. On the other hand, it's a nice break from traveling and I am getting some personal projects done I was not able to or put off before. I really wouldn't want to fly right now to be on the safe-side. I have enough food, water, paper goods etc. I have gone out to Lowes or Home Depot to do spring planting, take walks and to get sunshine. I feel good and have taken preventative health actions to boost my immunity and wash my hands and moisturize them constantly. Tho' I do that anyway, because I prepare food, cook and bake.

Bwana 03-22-2020 09:52 AM

I went with a 5. I'm not nearly as worked up about this as a lot of people. I have plenty of food, ammo, etc. and know plenty about survival. I'm prepared to hole up for a longtime if needed. On the down side, it cost me my job and I'm really worried about my elderly parents. If I were to get it, I'm sure I would beat it, if not, it's been a hell of a run, no regrets. My folks on the hand, may not come out of is as well, so that's my primary stressor.

TwistedChief 03-22-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Nah, people are absolutely welcome to feel however they choose. If I were solely thinking of myself when answering this poll, I'd be a 10. Just had my first kid - a perfectly healthy boy. Had my best day at work of my career on Friday. Things are wonderful if I just focus on myself. But then I see friends of mine who work at restaurants and bars who are out of work and scared about how they'll pay their rent. How they'll afford food.

And yes, I have offered to help people financially in these situations. But there are an unlimited amount of others suffering the same fate. And as this will be prolonged, there are others who think they're fine now who likely won't be in a few months. And I just think it's pretty narrow-minded to ignore that.

LiveSteam 03-22-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14858999)
I work from home on computer but I have lost a good chunk of income with trade shows being canceled. On the other hand, it's a nice break from traveling and I am getting some personal projects done I was not able to or put off before. I really wouldn't want to fly right now to be on the safe-side. I have enough food, water, paper goods etc. I have gone out to Lowes or Home Depot to do spring planting, take walks and to get sunshine. I feel good and have taken preventative health actions to boost my immunity and wash my hands and moisturize them constantly. Tho' I do that anyway, because I prepare food, cook and bake.

My cooking skills are getting better.
I got through a box of Hamburger Helper, instant potatoes and a can of corn with out to much trouble.
I did forget to add the Hamburger Helper powder with the noodles. Tell after it was done simmering. But nobody knew but me.

The Franchise 03-22-2020 09:58 AM

I originally voted a 6 but considering my wife and I still have our jobs.....I really don’t have any room to complain.

bringbackmarty 03-22-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14858348)
If the weather picks up and I can fish and mushroom hunt in the next couple of weeks then that will make it all alright.

But I am drunk as shit and listening to George Jones right now, so I could change my vote soon enough.

Amen brother. Yabba dabba do.

PAChiefsGuy 03-22-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14859013)
Nah, people are absolutely welcome to feel however they choose. If I were solely thinking of myself when answering this poll, I'd be a 10. Just had my first kid - a perfectly healthy boy. Had my best day at work of my career on Friday. Things are wonderful if I just focus on myself. But then I see friends of mine who work at restaurants and bars who are out of work and scared about how they'll pay their rent. How they'll afford food.

And yes, I have offered to help people financially in these situations. But there are an unlimited amount of others suffering the same fate. And as this will be prolonged, there are others who think they're fine now who likely won't be in a few months. And I just think it's pretty narrow-minded to ignore that.

Not sure if this in reference to me but I was only joking when I posted a 10.

Iowanian 03-22-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

I'll bet you're a ball at parties, discus downer.

Rasputin 03-22-2020 10:02 AM

I'm lowering mine to a 3. I haven't gone fishing and I needs to go fishing :deevee:

Discuss Thrower 03-22-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14859024)
I'll bet you're a ball at parties, discus downer.

It's a hard job being a social butterfly but I manage.

Also most parties I've been to weren't at the beginning of an economic depression, but you know.

stevieray 03-22-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

you are so far off base here.

KurtCobain 03-22-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

This is how are YOU holding up.

Chris Meck 03-22-2020 10:24 AM

I've lost $8k in cancelled events March-May.

**** ME.

The Iron Chief 03-22-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

This.
Its the ME way of thinking.
If I'm ok that is all that matters I saw it a ton the first couple of weeks here.
After the Domino effect spread far enough people realized the seriousness of the situation.
I'd guess it was someone who is a 10 that gave my post a thumbs down.
Just for a fun exercise I tried reading through it to think of what would've given that reaction.

Weakness on my part? Denial on their part?
Maybe the person still hopes that the virus is fake news..
I'm unsure.

Honestly I'm hoping the middle of the country never does get to the point we are here in NY.
But at this moment the only thing that will stop it is some amazing news coming from NYC and the Med trials.

LiveSteam 03-22-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14859072)
I've lost $8k in cancelled events March-May.

**** ME.

That sucks man. Hopefully our Government will help you cover most if not all of that.
I know I know. " not holding my breath "

neech 03-22-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14858659)
So your life is pretty much the same it was and you only gave it a #5? :eek:

What the hell would you give it if things got a little worse a #2? :rolleyes:

https://media.giphy.com/media/jqwHUd...pqyu/giphy.gif

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2020 10:29 AM

Anyone know anyone who has the COVID 19 virus?

PAChiefsGuy 03-22-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 14859076)
This.
If I'm ok that is all that matters I saw it a ton the first couple of weeks here.
After the Domino effect spread far enough people realized the seriousness of the situation.
Just for a fun exercise I tried reading through it to think of what would've given that reaction.

I'm unsure.

Honestly I'm hoping the middle of the country never does get to the point we are here in NY.
But at this moment the only thing that will stop it is some amazing news coming from NYC and the Med trials.

Hey if someone is happy and not letting all the bad stuff that's going on in the world get to them then I say good for them. Who I am to tell someone how to feel?

notorious 03-22-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14859086)
Hey if someone is happy and not letting all the bad stuff that's going on in the world get to them then I say good for them. Who I am to tell someone how to feel?

Best thing you've ever posted.

PunkinDrublic 03-22-2020 10:34 AM

I voted 7. Was going to come back to the states in January 2021 but now with where the economy is headed I may need to stay until summer 2021. I was in Thailand when the virus started breaking out and I almost came back but for now I’m staying put since I can pay my bills from back home and put money away for when I get back.

DaFace 03-22-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 14859082)

Only indirectly. A good friend has a cousin whose entire household got it in NYC.

PHOG 03-22-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

I have a co-worker who's neighbor has died from it.

But no, I myself didn't know him.

The Iron Chief 03-22-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14859086)

Please keep in mind.
All of my comments aside.
My son & I both symptom free now.
My family has made the best of it stuck in a shutdown community.
We've cooked some insane food.
We've binged a couple of shows.
We were lucky enough to have avoided Breaking Bad..its new to us.
I'm 54 but I still enjoy playing video games with my sons.
I'm leveling toons on WoW that I haven't played in 5 yrs.
The dog has gone for so many walks on trails that he barely runs now when he hears the leash come out.
Sex like were snowed in from a Blizzard and its my Birthday.
Its a sunny day today shot hoops in my driveway.
The wife and I purchased some pot so we sneak out to the garage & catch a buzz when we can out of view. My Youngest is still unaware we do this from time to time.
Board games.Card games.
Chess tourney we have going on.
Might build a fire tonight outside.
We've done a lot of early spring cleaning.

So do not think I'm curled up in a ball paralyzed with fear.
Our country is Strong I have complete Faith we will get it all back on track but it might take a good amount of time.

But my eyes are not closed to the world Economy Tanking.
Nor all the sick people who are strongly effected by this.
Italy holy shit..almost 2k people in the last 3 days.

So I'm keeping on but the condition of the world alone has to take you down 4 or 5 points.

Buehler445 03-22-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14859009)
I went with a 5. I'm not nearly as worked up about this as a lot of people. I have plenty of food, ammo, etc. and know plenty about survival. I'm prepared to hole up for a longtime if needed. On the down side, it cost me my job and I'm really worried about my elderly parents. If I were to get it, I'm sure I would beat it, if not, it's been a hell of a run, no regrets. My folks on the hand, may not come out of is as well, so that's my primary stressor.

****. You were in the oil fields. Sorry man.

stevieray 03-22-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 14859142)
Please keep in mind.
The dog has gone for so many walks on trails that he barely runs now when he hears the leash come out.
The wife and I purchased some pot so we sneak out to the garage & catch a buzz when we can out of view. My Youngest is still unaware we do this from time to time.
Board games.Card games.

Our country is Strong I have complete Faith we will get it all back on track but it might take a good amount of time.

So I'm keeping on but the condition of the world alone has to take you down 4 or 5 points.

buddy, that was normal life before the internet and all it's distractions.. i encourage you to keep it up, after this passes.

I actually hope this for the country.... a reset would serve us well..especially if this gets worse.

Bwana 03-22-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14859144)
****. You were in the oil fields. Sorry man.

Close, a lot of my customers were oilfield businesses.

Otter 03-22-2020 11:10 AM

I'm on the east coast and need a haircut really badly and my favorite sushi spot is closed as well as the barber.

Is it time to start rioting yet? :cuss:

jerryaldini 03-22-2020 11:14 AM

I find it very distressing for three reasons, the first two more altruistic, the third selfish.

1. An insidious feature of this virus is the isolation it induces, including people dying alone in hospitals without the presence of their loved ones. I imagine the surviving family suffer the most from this. The dying must be treated as lepers. This is now occurring for approaching 2,000 victims per day globally. All so incredibly sad to contemplate.

2. If it's this stressful for me, with a secure job, I can't imagine what it's like for the economically dislocated. This is more stress than humans are designed to handle at once.

3. My daughter has severe asthma, and her lungs react strongly to even a cold. That makes me very nervous. My city is estimated to have only a small fraction of the beds and ventilators it will need even by conservative estimates of infection. Yet people continue to congregate as though there were no threat. The thought of my daughter being isolated while enduring what for her could be a life threatening illness is terrifying.

Otter 03-22-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14859009)

That's why I'm on the east coast. My Mom lives alone and I can do 85% of my work remotely or get Jeff to do the heavy lifting.

All my firearms are out west but I can whip up a 2x4 with a nail in it pretty quick! :thumb:

jd1020 03-22-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14859203)
but I can whip up a 2x4 with a nail in it pretty quick! :thumb:

Amateur.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/...asticGun-3.jpg

Bearcat 03-22-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Exactly... if it was only about me, I'd probably say 9, down from 10. Feels closer to a 5 though, but only because it hasn't hit closer to home yet.

kczoo 03-22-2020 11:39 AM

Still working. Saul Good man

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Someone where my SO works has it. That's in downtown Tampa. He's had to work from home, while some have to stay at the office.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14859264)
Exactly... if it was only about me, I'd probably say 9, down from 10. Feels closer to a 5 though, but only because it hasn't hit closer to home yet.

I still feel for others, like the elderly, the heroic Chinese people for what they've had to endure and Italy. It doesn't mean we don't feel for others, particularly the elderly, or those losing income, or stock value if we choose an 8 or a 9. Everyone is just affected differently. It also doesn't mean we're not worried. I don't think anyone knows for sure how it will all ultimately play out.

KCUnited 03-22-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

I do. Wife's co-worker whom we've also socialized with. She outed herself on FaceBook to let people who've been in contact with her know. This was earlier last week and she already feels much better while in self quarantine. 30's, health nut, athletic.

PAChiefsGuy 03-22-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 14859142)
Please keep in mind.
Board games.Card games.

I understand that and I'm worried for my fellow Americans as much as anyone but that is not what the question asked. The question asked 'How am I holding up?' I'm doing just fine, great actually.

Now if the question was 'How worried are you about the current situation?' I'd put it at 7 or 8.

scho63 03-22-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

You're sounding like an even bigger jealous Midwestern douchebag.....:doh!:

Chargem 03-22-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 14859076)
This.

I'm unsure.

Don't spend any time torturing yourself over a thumbs down, chances are someone tried to give you a thumbs up on mobile and just fat fingered it and didn't realize they did it.

Megatron96 03-22-2020 01:58 PM

Everything's pretty much fine. Haven't noticed any real difference at work at all except that now I have to wipe everything down before starting my pre-flight, and after I my post-flight.

Shopping has become slightly more inconvenient, but now I'm going right after work, so I get there around 7am, and usually the stores are stocked up at 7.

The outdoor range near my house just decided to temporarily close until April or so, so that's annoying. May have to go out to the desert to get my noise therapy for awhile.

My real complaint is that this whole thing is probably going to mess with my summer vacation plans. Every July a group of us meet up in WY for a week's fishing, and right now everyone's talking about cancelling. That's the best rip of the year for me, so I'll be pissed if it doesn't happen.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14859017)
My cooking skills are getting better.
I got through a box of Hamburger Helper, instant potatoes and a can of corn with out to much trouble.
I did forget to add the Hamburger Helper powder with the noodles. Tell after it was done simmering. But nobody knew but me.

Sorry to hear. I thought it was rough putting up with a ribeye steak Friday night, because I prefer a NY Strip. But the homemade cheesecake got me forgetting about it pretty quickly.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2020 02:10 PM

We'll be fine.

The Iron Chief 03-22-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14859164)
buddy, that was normal life before the internet and all it's distractions.. i encourage you to keep it up, after this passes.

I actually hope this for the country.... a reset would serve us well..especially if this gets worse.

I completely agree here.
My description of the last 2 weeks being hunkered down like this is pretty much what we always do anyhow.
Just A LOT more of each thing to the 10th degree.
Where school or work never interrupts the party

In fact after rereading my post I thought wow this has been far from a 0 on the poll for me what am I thinking?
more like a 10...9 :D

Easy 6 03-22-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14859528)
Everything's pretty much fine. Haven't noticed any real difference at work at all except that now I have to wipe everything down before starting my pre-flight, and after I my post-flight.

Shopping has become slightly more inconvenient, but now I'm going right after work, so I get there around 7am, and usually the stores are stocked up at 7.

The outdoor range near my house just decided to temporarily close until April or so, so that's annoying. May have to go out to the desert to get my noise therapy for awhile.

My real complaint is that this whole thing is probably going to mess with my summer vacation plans. Every July a group of us meet up in WY for a week's fishing, and right now everyone's talking about cancelling. That's the best rip of the year for me, so I'll be pissed if it doesn't happen.

I’m feeling you on those summer plans

Already paid for my tix on a Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett concert on a friday in June, followed up the very next night with Journey and the Pretenders

Yeah I’d get a refund eventually, but hell man I’ve been dreaming about that weekend all winter... and Crüe is HUGE for me, been on my bucket list since around 1983 :cuss:

The Iron Chief 03-22-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14859437)
I understand that and I'm worried for my fellow Americans as much as anyone but that is not what the question asked. The question asked 'How am I holding up?' I'm doing just fine, great actually.

Now if the question was 'How worried are you about the current situation?' I'd put it at 7 or 8.

You are absolutely right.

And the points you made in your last couple of posts make sense.

I think being here in NY makes my thinking skewed right now.

Some of my posts have been off to say the least.:doh!:

displacedinMN 03-22-2020 03:27 PM

I am a home body. It is not so bad if you do not think about the other crap going on in this world.

Dunit35 03-22-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14858328)
I think avoiding MSM and all news outlets had been the key. So much negative over hyping and politics.

Less of that and my stress has dropped considerably. Almost down to nothing at the moment.

Amazing how refreshing and awesome life is when you turn off MSM.

So many let it control their life.

Agreed. Last Monday I was so stressed about all of it. I’d say I was around a three. I’ve since stopped reading about it online other that CP and I don’t do much of that either. Way too much doom and gloom from CPer’s and the media. I’ve went as far as 30 day blocking everyone on FB who mentions the virus. Not many left on my FB.

I’m now around an eight. Could always go down if one of the four people in my house gets sick or my wife or I lose our job. She is going in for ACL and meniscus repair Thursday so hopefully they continue with that procedure. Her employer is allowing her to continue to work she’s just doing all the computer work for the radiation process.

One point that she makes is that many clinics are canceling appointments for their patients. A lot of times cancer is located during these checkups. That worries her.

George Liquor 03-22-2020 03:42 PM

Bored and running out of shit to watch on Netflix. Drinking a lot more. This shit sucks.

eDave 03-22-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14859692)
Bored and running out of shit to watch on Netflix. Drinking a lot more. This shit sucks.

I'm learning Netflix kinda sucks.

Try these codes to unlock a bunch of content:

https://i.imgur.com/LJv3z23.png

BigRedChief 03-22-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14859568)

Already paid for my tix on a Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett concert on a friday in June, followed up the very next night with Journey and the Pretenders

Yeah I’d get a refund eventually, but hell man I’ve been dreaming about that weekend all winter... and Crüe is HUGE for me, been on my bucket list since around 1983 :cuss:

took my son to his first concert at 15. Motley Crue. The Carnival of Sins tour. He really enjoyed the boob cam.

KCUnited 03-22-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Tiger King? Fixing to watch later today.

eDave 03-22-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14859568)

Yea. Coachella postponed. Above & Beyond Acountic in LA is up in the air at this point in July, as is Roger Waters in Philly in July and again in Vegas.

Hope we come out of this and into another "Roaring 20's".

Easy 6 03-22-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14859696)
took my son to his first concert at 15. Motley Crue. The Carnival of Sins tour. He really enjoyed the boob cam.

Color me jealous, starting to think my first Crue show is gonna get rat****ed... and it’s even worse because they’re apparently super serial about being better than ever

Everyone’s working with personal trainers, Vince is purportedly letting Diamond Dallas Page kick his ass daily and working like hell to be a lean mean screaming machine again... this was gonna rule!

Rausch 03-22-2020 04:09 PM

For those that don't have an increased work schedule or responsibilities now is a great time to learn some things we all probably should have known.
What cheap antivirals and vitamins you can buy to boost the immune system, how to grow a small garden to supplement your diet, how to make dandelion coffee. Useful things that can make your life better after all this has passed...

Rausch 03-22-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Find a MMO you can play with friends. Games like Ark, 7 days to die, Conan, GTA, etc can get you that social interaction you're missing while staying safe.

Rausch 03-22-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14859203)

All my firearms are out west but I can whip up a 2x4 with a nail in it pretty quick! :thumb:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MGczXkknl80" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96 03-22-2020 04:21 PM

For those people that are just sitting around their houses watching tv or playing video games, now's your chance to get a life.

Read a book. Learn to cook. Learn basic carpentry. Learn a new language. Take up a new hobby, like fly fishing, bird/wildlife watching, etc. Or at least exercise and get in better shape. Just doing a few dozen push-ups, sit-ups and walking 3 miles a day can do wonders for your overall health and significantly reduce your stress level.

But stop watching the stupid news and reading your FB feed or whatever. That shit is just a waste of time and it's making you crazy.

George Liquor 03-22-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14859698)
Tiger King? Fixing to watch later today.

Yeah that's next on the list. Saw a bunch of FB friends talking about it and it piqued my interest.

George Liquor 03-22-2020 04:26 PM

Also, wish I could play the WSOP online circuit right now. ****ing puritans in this country, I swear.

seclark 03-22-2020 05:25 PM

8 overall
Minus 1 for retirement hit
Minus 1 for pulling a fraz and shooting a hole in the kitchen floor
Wife is pissed
sec

KCUnited 03-22-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14859761)
Yeah that's next on the list. Saw a bunch of FB friends talking about it and it piqued my interest.

On episode 2. Florida meets Oklahoma.

COVID-19 the least of our concerns.

KCUnited 03-22-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14859911)
On episode 2. Florida meets Oklahoma.

COVID-19 the least of our concerns.

Ya I’m shutting this shit off.

Buehler445 03-22-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14859903)
8 overall
Wife is pissed
sec

Do what now?

There is a story here. Spill it.

Discuss Thrower 03-22-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14860049)
Do what now?

.... wut?

BigRedChief 03-22-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14859903)
8 overall
Wife is pissed
sec

Quote:

Do what now?

come on sec regal us. We all have time to burn.

Jewish Rabbi 03-22-2020 06:39 PM

Billay’s mom is still putting out so I can’t reasonably go much lower than an 8.

Buehler445 03-22-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14860054)
.... wut?

Read the bold. He shot a hole in the floor.

Bugeater 03-22-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Do what now?

Yes. Needs to elaborate.

seclark 03-22-2020 06:49 PM

Grandson brought his.22 in w a shell jammed in it he wanted me to dig out.
My bad I assumed it was spent.
Messed w it for a couple minutes and couldn’t get it out.
Aimed it at the floor and pulled the trigger.
Shot a hole in the floor between the stove and the sink.
Supper ended right then
Like I said, my bad.
sec