ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIP Gonzo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338560)

KurtCobain 06-05-2021 10:47 PM

Holy ****ing what.

Gadzooks 06-06-2021 12:13 AM

If he was in his late 90's, this would be perfectly fine.
Mid-40s?!? WTF!!!
My thoughts go out to Lumpy and Hunter. He was nice to me at times when I wasn't being nice.

threebag 06-06-2021 01:30 AM

RIP Gonzo

wazu 06-06-2021 03:34 AM

This sucks. Great Planeteer, already missed.

Chief Roundup 06-06-2021 05:25 AM

RIP Gonzo. Prayers and condolences for his family.

HemiEd 06-06-2021 06:14 AM

Sad news, RIP Gonzo. Prayers and good thoughts to his family.

lawrenceRaider 06-06-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15697743)
Sorry to hear that, he always struck me as a super nice guy

As Bearcat pro says, the increasing rate of these types of threads around here is just sickening

RIP, Gonzo

RIP Gonzo.

We are all getting old whether we want to admit it or not. I think I've been posting here nearly 18 years now.

FAX 06-06-2021 07:42 AM

Good Lord.

This is tragic news.

Mr. Gonzo will be sorely missed.

To be honest, these sort of thread topics have grown lamentable in more ways than one.

Exercise and eat more vegetables, Planeteers. There is a limit to the amount of depression I can handle.

Meanwhile, may the Great Spirit welcome Mr. Gonzo with open arms. Your work is done.

FAX

Chiefs=Champions 06-06-2021 08:04 AM

Damn, sorry to hear that. RIP

DaFace 06-06-2021 08:22 AM

Aww, shit. I knew he had some health issues, but no idea it was serious. RIP.

mililo4cpa 06-06-2021 08:29 AM

Why is it that, even though I've never met the person in real life, nor can even remember any specific interaction here on CP, that I feel like I lost a family member.....It so crazy the "bond" that you have with posters here, for no other reason than we share a common bond by liking the Chiefs.....good, bad, or otherwise, we're all part of one big dysfunctional family, and it sucks to lose such an integral part of that family.

RIP Gonzo

Prison Bitch 06-06-2021 09:27 AM

One thing some of us point out in these threads: our Planeteers got to see the Chiefs win the big one. It’s a small consolation compared to life obv,but the Chiefs brought us here and it’s awesome our departed got to celebrate it with all of us.

RIP Gonzo.

ChiTown 06-06-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15698694)
Why is it that, even though I've never met the person in real life, nor can even remember any specific interaction here on CP, that I feel like I lost a family member.....It so crazy the "bond" that you have with posters here, for no other reason than we share a common bond by liking the Chiefs.....good, bad, or otherwise, we're all part of one big dysfunctional family, and it sucks to lose such an integral part of that family.

RIP Gonzo

It’s the thing that unites us all to be here - our love for the Chiefs. You are all crazy, mentally unhealthy SOB’s, but I love you all like Family. We’ve shared our ups and downs and many of our life experiences via this Message Board through the years. The births, the weddings, the job promotions, the firings, the divorces and unfortunately the deaths. This site and the people here hold a special place in my heart. I never met Gonzo in person, nor any other CP member, but losing anyone from our Community hurts just the same.

Let’s stay healthy, folks. I don’t want to see another one of these threads for a long while

TEX 06-06-2021 11:12 AM

This totally sucks. RIP Gonzo

rico 06-06-2021 12:47 PM

WHAT?!

RIP :(

ROYC75 06-06-2021 01:08 PM

DAMN!

THIS REALLY SUCKS!

Otter 06-06-2021 02:05 PM

Stand up man from everything I knew about him.

Dammit.

notorious 06-06-2021 02:23 PM

What the ****?

God damnit, man.

ptlyon 06-06-2021 02:23 PM

RIP Gonzo.

Bug - yet another reason we have to meet up with you and your wifey next weekend.

Let me know.

notorious 06-06-2021 02:24 PM

Sigh.

His son just turned 13.

Bowser 06-06-2021 04:57 PM

RIP :(

REDHOTGTO 06-06-2021 05:56 PM

o man, another one !!! so sorry to hear this he was a good dude, really getiin tired of losing cpers

Chiefspants 06-06-2021 06:04 PM

This makes me really, really sad. :(

RIP, Gonzo.

alanm 06-06-2021 08:15 PM

Damn, this is sad to hear about. I hope his boy and Lumpy are ok. Gonzo was one of the good dudes on here. He's going to be sorely missed. RIP Gonz. :sulk:

booger 06-07-2021 05:30 AM

Damn

He could make you laugh and was always kind. One of those guys you want to tell his parents that they raised a gentleman.

Hunter, Lumpy, and his family and friends you’re all in our prayers.

Just at a loss for words on this one

RIP Gonzo

ottawa_chiefs_fan 06-07-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 15698178)
Shit... I don't post every day, but there aren't many days that go by that I don't catch up on Chiefs news and such here. I've read many of the posts here for 20+ years, and Gonzo was one of my favorites. RIP old friend....

exactly this for me - RIP

luv 06-07-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 15698769)
It’s the thing that unites us all to be here - our love for the Chiefs. You are all crazy, mentally unhealthy SOB’s, but I love you all like Family. We’ve shared our ups and downs and many of our life experiences via this Message Board through the years. The births, the weddings, the job promotions, the firings, the divorces and unfortunately the deaths. This site and the people here hold a special place in my heart. I never met Gonzo in person, nor any other CP member, but losing anyone from our Community hurts just the same.

Let’s stay healthy, folks. I don’t want to see another one of these threads for a long while

This. All of this. Only a couple have been people I've met, but they all hurt just the same.

RIP Gonzo

shakesthecat 06-07-2021 07:38 AM

RIP, Gonzo

bevischief 06-07-2021 07:41 AM

Damn. RIP. This suck.

Sofa King 06-07-2021 07:54 AM

Something fun to do, go through your reps and enjoy past reps. Had some good (for fun) battles over arcade games and forum games with him over the years so I have over 100 reps received from him to read through. Some hilarious stuff in there. Add in hijinks like "Fisty McTatt" and it's a gold mine.

Sofa King 06-07-2021 08:53 AM

That's it. I'm posting some stuff.

Check these threads out-

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257341

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...39#post6000539

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...73#post8308273

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...90#post6883390

Check these reps he sent me out-

Quote:

My sack... Lick it!
Quote:

Of course y ou know I can't ban that asswipe eric until he really screws up... Let me know when he does and I will drop my giant, throbbing ban-hammer, k?
Quote:

Llamas are awesome.
Quote:

I don't think Fisher would be too bad. I think he'd get them winning again and he's known for drafting QB's on occasion. We weren't fighting, it was a real debate, (which is rare for me on here, you know)
Quote:

That's really ghey. It's almost can I has Chzburger ghey.
Quote:

yeah, yeah... That's before i really knew you so cut me some slack, bitch.
Quote:

Hootie is such a ****ing womanizing loser. He's like GoChiefs on crack.
Quote:

I love repping myself whilst thinking of you....
Quote:

Thats my boy, my turkey and my new 10 gauge.
Quote:

SCROTUM!
Quote:

I only rep you and Fritz. Everyone else can go to hell.
Quote:

Bite me, buttface

An extra post he repped. Super sad now looking at the post. Pestilence, you good bro? This list may make me start worrying about you leaving CP. -

Quote:

Lumpy - so i can get my clothes back
Pestilence - so i can brag about beating him in nearly every arcade tourney
SimplyRed - the guy is random and quite funny
Mr.Flopnuts - also entertaining
BuckingKaeding - so i can explain to him why SD is full of queers. and they all play for the chargers
Gonzo - so i can lie about me and lumpy...

FRCDFED 06-07-2021 10:23 AM

RIP Gonzo. Prayers to family and friends.

rabblerouser 06-07-2021 10:27 AM

What the ****? Dude wasn't much older than me, for real...

Bugeater 06-07-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15700003)
What the ****? Dude wasn't much older than me, for real...

44 yrs old, ftr

The Franchise 06-07-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15699862)
That's it. I'm posting some stuff.

Check these threads out-

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257341

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...73#post8308273

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...90#post6883390

Check these reps he sent me out-

An extra post he repped. Super sad now looking at the post. Pestilence, you good bro? This list may make me start worrying about you leaving CP. -

I’m still hanging in there.

Bugeater 06-07-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15700104)
I’m still hanging in there.

I think that's where a lot of us are right now. This one was a straight up kick in the junk.

neech 06-07-2021 01:17 PM

RIP Gonzo.

The Franchise 06-07-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15700106)
I think that's where a lot of us are right now. This one was a straight up kick in the junk.

Both Gonzo and Flop came out of nowhere. ****ing sucks, man.

DaFace 06-07-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15700228)

That's...uh...not a great track record for mods around here...

Pogue 06-07-2021 02:22 PM

RIP and condolences to family and his friends on here.

Al Bundy 06-07-2021 04:34 PM

Dang RIP Gonzo.

doomy3 06-07-2021 08:29 PM

Man. Just terrible news. RIP.

TEX 06-08-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15700228)

Was just thinking that. It really does ****ing suck.

OnTheWarpath15 06-08-2021 08:14 AM

Good Christ, not again. Seems like every time I check in here there's a RIP thread stickied. This shit has to stop.

Prayers to Laura, Hunter and the rest of his F/F.

Skyy God 06-08-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15700279)
That's...uh...not a great track record for mods around here...

Given that things come in 3s, Clay for moderator??

redfan 06-08-2021 11:23 AM

Gone too soon, RIP Gonzo.

The Franchise 06-08-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15701149)
Given that things come in 3s, Clay for moderator??

How about you keep your stupid bullshit out of this thread?

Bugeater 06-08-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15701239)
How about you keep your stupid bullshit out of this thread?

I just made sure that he will.

Lzen 06-08-2021 12:00 PM

I don't think I ever conversed with him but RIP, Gonzo. :(:shake:

htismaqe 06-08-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15701251)
I don't think I ever conversed with him but RIP, Gonzo. :(:shake:

Did he used to go by another moniker?

I feel kind of ashamed but I have no idea who "Gonzo" is.

DaFace 06-08-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15701435)
Did he used to go by another moniker?

I feel kind of ashamed but I have no idea who "Gonzo" is.

Nope. Well, I guess he was GoGonzo when he first signed up and tried out The Great Gonzo for a month, but he settled on Gonzo pretty quickly.

I think he kinda sorta fit in the gap of your hiatus. Started getting more active in 2009ish and kind of faded maybe 2018ish.

Perineum Ripper 06-08-2021 02:30 PM

I’m not sure what year it was, but I hadn’t been here long. Gonzo posted about his son and having some sort of walk for him. I sent money and got in touch with Gonzo saying I would come up and walk with him and his son. Things didn’t work out and I wasn’t able to make it, stuff with deployment, but I forgot to text him letting him know I wouldn’t be up. Gonzo reached out to make sure I was ok, and that stuck with me. Dude didn’t know me, but still made sure everything was ok, and seeing he passed away hurts quite a bit.

htismaqe 06-08-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15701439)
I think he kinda sorta fit in the gap of your hiatus. Started getting more active in 2009ish and kind of faded maybe 2018ish.

Ah, that would explain it.

TambaBerry 06-08-2021 02:42 PM

Damn losing so many cpers, prayers to his friends and family.

dannybcaitlyn 06-08-2021 06:01 PM

Damn, RIP Gonzo

cabletech94 06-08-2021 08:01 PM

Hate to hear this. Guy went out of his way to make me feel welcome. I hate this. Thanks to whomever renamed the lounge after him. As it should be. Be at peace friend.

T-post Tom 06-09-2021 11:38 AM

Thoughts and prayers to Gonzo and his family. May he rest in peace.

InChiefsHeaven 06-09-2021 12:31 PM

Dammit. We had talked years ago about getting together for a game, sorta the local Nebraska yocals...

Bug, we need to get together for a damn game, or a drink, or both...

Rip Gonzo...

CoMoChief 06-09-2021 01:36 PM

Damn...lots of CP members passing recently.

Maybe not "lots"...but more recently than I can remember. Sucks.

RIP Gonzo.

mnchiefsguy 06-09-2021 02:03 PM

RIP Gonzo

Buck 06-09-2021 06:12 PM

Sad to hear. One of the greats. RIP Gonzo.

TLO 06-09-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 15703012)
Sad to hear. One of the greats. RIP Gonzo.

Holy shit. It's Buck!!!!!

Just Passin' By 06-09-2021 06:49 PM

RIP

lcarus 06-09-2021 08:36 PM

So many CP members have been passing away or having serious health issues. It really makes you think about your own mortality. This is why we have sports and sports discussions. To forget about it for a little while.

Gonzo was a good one. A great one.

lewdog 06-09-2021 08:57 PM

I go to the doctor every year and ask for a urine analysis and lipid panel. It's covered so why the **** not!

Do the simple things men. These two things can catch a lot of shit early. These two simple things. You wouldn't believe how many people are walking around with high cholesterol because they won't get a simple screening.

Preventative medicine is covered by most insurance plans 100%. Use it!

Lumpy 06-10-2021 08:44 PM

Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.

In58men 06-10-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 15704384)
Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.

I appreciate you

DaFace 06-10-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Condolences. Thanks for posting.

Mr. Kotter 06-11-2021 10:12 AM

RIP, Gonzo.

:(

KS Smitty 06-11-2021 11:53 AM

There was a lot of fun in those Survivor and late night threads. Rest peacefully Gonzo and look up Uncle Jerry, he'll take ya hunting.

teedubya 06-11-2021 12:51 PM

Are you serious?! Damn. RIP Bro.

The amount of people older than you never increases... live long, love hard, and prosper everyone.

Sofa King 06-11-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

I don’t know quite what to say. I’m sorry for the loss. Thanks for stopping by.

Otter 06-12-2021 05:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks Lumpy. :huh:

carlos3652 06-12-2021 07:19 PM

Damn. Way too young. RIP and condolences Lumpy.

Buehler445 06-12-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Well said. You sure know how to hammer those heart strings.

Best to you and Hunter. I guess if I knew you split I forgot it.

vailpass 06-14-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Best to you and yours. Gonzo was the goods.

Mr. Plow 06-15-2021 12:29 PM

Wearing out on this stuff. Had some good conversations with Gonzo over the years. RIP.

If everyone else could just not die in the next 12-18 months I would appreciate it.

TimBone 06-15-2021 06:29 PM

RIP.

Jesus Christ, man. Every time I pop in here, someone has passed.

R8RFAN 06-15-2021 07:36 PM

sad, Rest easy ol buddy

Fritz88 06-16-2021 02:06 AM

Gonzo was one of the guys that made this place much more fun back in the day. Easygoing and funny as hell.

My condolences to his loved ones.