ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Football 2022-2023 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343449)

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16440934)
PackerInMo needs booted. Dudes a huge bundle of sticks and just is here to troll.

Don’t get mad at me because they suck.

BryanBusby 09-01-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16440937)
If Drink played an injured Bazelak over him then he must be terribad. Not good, I just figured if we were stuck with Cook at starter then he should have gotten the extra reps last year.

Think you're getting a glimpse as to why Cook didn't get any more snaps last year.

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16440934)
PackerInMo needs booted. Dudes a huge bundle of sticks and just is here to troll.

He's always been that way. He's not really a Mizzou Fan and is fooling nobody.

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16440959)
He's always been that way. He's not really a Mizzou Fan and is fooling nobody.

You’re such a loyal fan. Haven’t been around for 4 years.

BryanBusby 09-01-2022 08:05 PM

Oh mother****er. It's Steckel with the shitty ****ing one liners.

No wonder

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16440965)
You’re such a loyal fan. Haven’t been around for 4 years.

Yeah, I missed Bolton's career...

BryanBusby 09-01-2022 08:44 PM

That was 1 good play by Cook.

BryanBusby 09-01-2022 08:45 PM

And he (sorta) ****ed it up right after

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2022 08:46 PM

Catch the ball, Reek. FFS.

Sassy Squatch 09-01-2022 08:49 PM

Can foresee this offense grinding to a screeching halt at the most inopportune times this season. At least the defense seems pretty stout, to be fair it's against the cupcake.

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16441039)
Can foresee this offense grinding to a screeching halt at the most inopportune times this season. At least the defense seems pretty stout, to be fair it's against the cupcake.

Pass rush needs to improve.

Sassy Squatch 09-01-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16441052)
Pass rush needs to improve.

It's also being graded on a massive curve in comparison to last season, to be fair. Should've included that in the post.

Titty Meat 09-01-2022 09:00 PM

You guys are up 4 TDs in your 1st game STFU

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 09:02 PM

Mizzou gives up another big play on D.

Sassy Squatch 09-01-2022 09:03 PM

Oof. Need to get that under control. That's twice now they've been beat easily over the deep middle.

TomBarndtsTwin 09-01-2022 09:05 PM

Not an impressive performance at all for Mizzou.

Could be in for another rough season. Last year of Barry’s leftovers. Need to get the stench of Odom off the team.

Time to see what a full Drink team can do . . . . . . .

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 09:07 PM

The team had a spark under Drink in year 1 but after Georgia hit them in the mouth it feels like they kind of lost it after that.

ChiefsCountry 09-01-2022 09:18 PM

Read this thread thought the game was bad. Turned on ESPNU. Score is 45-17 Mizzou lol.

jjchieffan 09-01-2022 09:25 PM

Eh. It's a warm up game against a weak opponent to get their feet wet. They need to improve for sure, but they have 2 more easy games to work the kinks out before they play Auburn.

jjchieffan 09-01-2022 09:31 PM

Updated the OP to show a W tonight and add the times for the next 2 games. The rest of the times are still TBA

TomBarndtsTwin 09-01-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16441105)
Read this thread thought the game was bad. Turned on ESPNU. Score is 45-17 Mizzou lol.

Fair enough.

But if you watched the whole game you would know why some of us felt that way.

What we saw tonight is not a team that will win SEC games (except maybe against Vandy). Luckily we still have a few more weeks to work out the kinks before we start SEC play.

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 09:42 PM

Another long TD given up. This D will get killed this season.

DJ's left nut 09-01-2022 09:43 PM

I thought the defense looked fast and aggressive; saw some real spark from the pass rushers as well.

Cook was what held them back today. He just looked awfully limited.

Hope we're able to get Sam Horn up to SEC speed in a hurry - he's fairly critical if they hope to steal a game here and there from the top teams in the East.

Best22 09-01-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16441117)
Eh. It's a warm up game against a weak opponent to get their feet wet. They need to improve for sure, but they have 2 more easy games to work the kinks out before they play Auburn.

We’ll see. I know Louisiana Tech was 3-9 last year but they almost beat Mississippi State and NC State last year

Got a new coach. Have to take it with a grain of salt but we need to be more aggressive if we want to beat Kansas State. And the secondary can’t get caught sleeping

BryanBusby 09-01-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16441138)
I thought the defense looked fast and aggressive; saw some real spark from the pass rushers as well.

Cook was what held them back today. He just looked awfully limited.

Hope we're able to get Sam Horn up to SEC speed in a hurry - he's fairly critical if they hope to steal a game here and there from the top teams in the East.

Just gonna quote this because it's my summary word for word.

Titty Meat 09-01-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Is alot of the MU fan base as dumb as some in this thread? One guy saying Drinks career pretty much ended with a loss to Georgia lol. Arguably your best recruiter in school history on paper wins first game of the year by 28 and yet the coach sucks. Amazing.

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16441189)
Is alot of the MU fan base as dumb as some in this thread? One guy saying Drinks career pretty much ended with a loss to Georgia lol. Arguably your best recruiter in school history on paper wins first game of the year by 28 and yet the coach sucks. Amazing.

He's not a Mizzou fan and he's really ****ing stupid.

Titty Meat 09-01-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16441195)
He's not a Mizzou fan and he's really ****ing stupid.

My bad. Yeah that comment was up there with "we should sign Fisher to let him teach the rook OBJ".

Usually in college football teams progress from weeks 2-3. Drink has earned respect.

Bowser 09-01-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

*Are

Pepe Silvia 09-01-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

They quit on him after that game. Energy isn’t the same since that game.

Titty Meat 09-01-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16441223)
They quit on him after that game and anyone who doesn’t agree can die of cancer.

Your responses are idiotic and should be ban worthy. After getting blown out to the eventual national champion they won their next 2 games. That's not quitting.

Titty Meat 09-01-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16441230)
This board sucks now, I hope I get banned. Ever since COVID you and pretty much everyone here has been an unbearable one who sucks the penis. I hope COVID takes a lot of people.

If you feel everyone has been unbearable maybe it's a "you thing"

Rams Fan 09-01-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

I would not anticipate Kansas State being an easy game and view Mizzou more likely to lose that game than Auburn.

KChiefs1 09-02-2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16440872)
Strap in for the Luther Burden show. It’s gonna be a good one!

I want to try his potato chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 09-02-2022 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16441066)
You guys are up 4 TDs in your 1st game STFU

We expect 8 TD leads.

KChiefs1 09-02-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Should have been 66-3.

Best22 09-02-2022 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16441236)
I would not anticipate Kansas State being an easy game and view Mizzou more likely to lose that game than Auburn.

We’ll be underdogs against Kansas State

Don’t know why anyone would think it would be an easy game

jjchieffan 09-02-2022 04:55 AM

I don't follow KSU. I didn't realize that they even had a football team to be honest. I guess that it will be harder than I thought.

ChiTown 09-02-2022 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16441267)
I don't follow KSU. I didn't realize that they even had a football team to be honest. I guess that it will be harder than I thought.

Tell me you don’t follow college football, without telling me you don’t follow college football….

BryanBusby 09-02-2022 07:02 AM

Kansas State is a solid squad and MU can win that game, but they will have to be a lot more efficient in the passing game.

Sassy Squatch 09-02-2022 07:49 AM

I honestly have no idea who is decent to good anymore since the CFB conferences have been playing Red Rover with each other. Still had KSU pencilled in as a program in the doldrums but that's apparently not the case.

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16441341)
Kansas State is a solid squad and MU can win that game, but they will have to be a lot more efficient in the passing game.

It should be a damn fun game - looking forward to it more than I expected to. KSU looks solid, Mizzou appears to have some interesting pieces.

Holy shit man, Luther Burden is goooooood. Him having some immediate success can only help with getting more guys like Ja'Marion Wayne and Joshua Manning going forward.

Beyond him, though, the Tigers are gonna need Mookie Cooper to step up and more consistent performances from Dominic Lovett. I think going all the way back to the Chase Daniel years, the difference between being a .500ish team and a real contender is the ability to roll 3 dangerous WRs out there. College defensive backfields are just thin. Many/most of them can handle 2 solid WRs but if you get a 3rd out there (especially if you have a TE that has to be accounted for - Mizzou really doesn't at the moment) it's just more pressure than they can handle.

But again, I guess that gets back to my initial concern regarding Cook - is he a guy that can really hurt them? I just don't think I see it. He looks like a fine QB for a middling ACC team but he just doesn't look like an SEC caliber QB to me.

This is an offense that still feels like it's a year away. Horn should be ready next year, Burden should be a year better. Lovett and Cooper will still be around, Manning will be here to press for playing time. Norfleet is the best TE recruit we've had in awhile. Drink's gonna need to hustle to round out this class though; not much going on in recruiting this year after what looked like a step forward season last year.

jjchieffan 09-02-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16441269)
Tell me you don’t follow college football, without telling me you don’t follow college football….

I don't follow it as closely as the NFL. But I do follow Mizzou and the SEC. But I couldn't care less about any team that plays in the state of Kansas, or the Big 12 for that matter.

Sassy Squatch 09-02-2022 08:37 AM

Only thing that gives me a bit of concern is how we're using Burden. He's going to get the shit beaten out of him the way we're using him and if he starts to not appreciate it he can just **** off to the highest bidder. Hopefully that's how he wanted to be used and not something Drinkwitz foisted on him.

liquidlounge 09-02-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

A win against KSU would be a quality win for the Tigers. I don't see that being an "easy" game at all.

BryanBusby 09-02-2022 08:59 AM

Someone in the band really really loves Timmy Trumpet.

blake5676 09-02-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16441513)
Someone in the band really really loves Timmy Trumpet.

No shit ROFL

The Diaz walkout song is already getting ruined by becoming trendy and viral. I think I heard the damn thing no less than 15 times during the Mizzou game last night.

Titty Meat 09-02-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16441269)

Most on CP don't

Rams Fan 09-02-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16441473)
I don't follow it as closely as the NFL. But I do follow Mizzou and the SEC. But I couldn't care less about any team that plays in the state of Kansas, or the Big 12 for that matter.

Kansas State is a good Power 5 team and is arguably better than Mizzou is currently.

Arrogance doesn’t excuse ignorance.

ChiefBlueCFC 09-02-2022 09:50 AM

Damn man that Luther Burden kid... haven't seen someone like that in black and gold since J-Mac.

Next week should be fun. The interior o-line wasn't that great last night. So, hopefully they start to gel and improve as the season goes on. Because if we can't protect the qb or get any push on the interior, it'll be a long season offensively.

DJ's left nut 09-02-2022 09:57 AM

DGB flashed that kind of ability in 2013 but certainly didn't look that good as a freshman in 2012.

It was the play downfield he almost made that was as impressive as anything. Showed great body control adjusting to a ball on a well defended pass. He just couldn't quite haul it in because...well he shouldn't have. It was D'd up.

And yeah, gotta see the OL play a little better. Mizzou's offensive lines have been steady for years but last night looked very work in progress. If you're gonna get that passing game working, you need to get Cook a little more time/space to work with. It isn't as though Cook is a basket full of tools out there - if you don't provide him support, he's going to look like Kirk Farmer out there.

Best22 09-02-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16441634)
DGB flashed that kind of ability in 2013 but certainly didn't look that good as a freshman in 2012.

It was the play downfield he almost made that was as impressive as anything. Showed great body control adjusting to a ball on a well defended pass. He just couldn't quite haul it in because...well he shouldn't have. It was D'd up.

And yeah, gotta see the OL play a little better. Mizzou's offensive lines have been steady for years but last night looked very work in progress. If you're gonna get that passing game working, you need to get Cook a little more time/space to work with. It isn't as though Cook is a basket full of tools out there - if you don't provide him support, he's going to look like Kirk Farmer out there.

Burden saved a pick 6 on that one play. Tremendous effort to come back for that ball. Average or merely above-average effort, and that’s a pick 6 going the other way

Pitt Gorilla 09-02-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16441913)
Burden saved a pick 6 on that one play. Tremendous effort to come back for that ball. Average or merely above-average effort, and that’s a pick 6 going the other way

He also caused an interception when the ball hit him square in the hands.

Boxer_Chief 09-02-2022 12:55 PM

K state may be good this year, but imo most of the hype they get is due to the fact the big 12 is waaaaaaay down this year so someone has to be there. If they were in the sec they would be slated to finish middle in the east and nobody would be talking about them. We shall see.

kepp 09-02-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 16441618)
Damn man that Luther Burden kid... haven't seen someone like that in black and gold since J-Mac.

Next week should be fun. The interior o-line wasn't that great last night. So, hopefully they start to gel and improve as the season goes on. Because if we can't protect the qb or get any push on the interior, it'll be a long season offensively.

I was at the game and when that play where he got his first TD started I was thinking, "Dang-it, they sniffed it out." Then a couple [Chris Berman] "whoop! whoop!"s later, he's in the endzone. The kid has serious moves.

KChiefs1 09-02-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 16441618)

He should get the ball 20 times per game.

warpaint* 09-03-2022 07:56 PM

Drink needs an OC his game plans continue to be atrocious. He’s got too much Malzahn in him.

He needs more time than you’d typically give a coach since they (rightly) fired Odom on the way down leaving the cupboard bare. Also Brady Cook is not good. I think he could be a pretty good coach with the way he recruits if he’d give up the offense.

There are more athletes on that defense than last year, it looks refreshingly competent. LaTech looks bottom 20 in d1a this yr.

For those keeping score Connor Bazelek did nothing Fri night to make you wish he was still here. His receivers are garbage and they couldn’t run on IL in his defense but he was inaccurate all night. Credit to him for his poise on the final drive it was an entertaining pillow fight. My guess is Drink ran him off thinking he’d get one of the guys he went after in the portal and unfortunately whiffed. Abraham unfortunately has a noodle arm, at least Cook brings a rushing element to the table.

Burden and Lovett are electric.

Hoping we can get to 6-6 with this year’s schedule that would be decent improvement and hopefully keep the program going in the right direction. Kstate represents an enormous challenge for this team but it is a game Mizzou is capable of winning albeit not likely.

Mizzou_8541 09-03-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16441957)
He also caused an interception when the ball hit him square in the hands.

Ok here we go with “smarter than everyone” Pitt Gorilla takes. He’s worse than BWillie. Surprised there hasn’t been a “Mizzou fan” take. Everyone rightly hates him.

Mizzou_8541 09-03-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16441634)

6 ypc bro. No need to anoint as the second coming of the hogs, but until they prove otherwise, the OL isn’t the issue.

Pitt Gorilla 09-03-2022 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16443546)
Ok here we go with “smarter than everyone” Pitt Gorilla takes. He’s worse than BWillie. Surprised there hasn’t been a “Mizzou fan” take. Everyone rightly hates him.

LB was outstanding. Simply pointing out that he let one go off his hands. I doubt that happens any/many more times down the road.

Honestly, that wildcat with Burden and Lovett was incredible.

Mizzou_8541 09-03-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16443557)
LB was outstanding. Simply pointing out that he let one go off his hands. I doubt that happens any/many more times down the road.

Cool. You just had to be the contrarian about LB. Thank god you’re here to provide levity.

Mizzou_8541 09-03-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16443557)

I can’t wait to hear about “MIZZOU fan…” when we lose a game. ****, you’re the worst. Nobody likes you.

KChiefs1 09-08-2022 04:23 PM

Eli Drinkwitz and Missouri landed an in-state commitment in the class of 2023 on Thursday when offensive lineman Logan Reichert of Raytown High School announced he plans to become a Tiger.

Reichert chose Missouri over Oregon.

Reichert is a four-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite rankings, which take into account multiple recruiting site ratings. Reichert was also rated by On3 (three stars), Rivals (four) and ESPN (three).

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 16449596)
Eli Drinkwitz and Missouri landed an in-state commitment in the class of 2023 on Thursday when offensive lineman Logan Reichert of Raytown High School announced he plans to become a Tiger.

Reichert chose Missouri over Oregon.

Reichert is a four-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite rankings, which take into account multiple recruiting site ratings. Reichert was also rated by On3 (three stars), Rivals (four) and ESPN (three).

Great get. On an unrelated note, one of my guys in the AD sent me a couple bags of LB chips. They are really ****ing good. If anyone is interested in getting a box, here is the link:

https://oldviennallc.com/product/spe...d-hot-riplets/

KChiefs1 09-10-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16449761)
Great get. On an unrelated note, one of my guys in the AD sent me a couple bags of LB chips. They are really ****ing good. If anyone is interested in getting a box, here is the link:

https://oldviennallc.com/product/spe...d-hot-riplets/

I need to get a few bags of these.

KChiefs1 09-10-2022 08:33 AM

****Official Mizzou Football 2022-2023 Thread****

Missouri @ Kansas State
11:00 am
ESPN2
Beth Mowins, Kirk Morrison

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 10:25 AM

Love our fat **** kicker

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2022 10:32 AM

Mizzou continues to be terrible defensively on 3rd down.

jjchieffan 09-10-2022 10:36 AM

Terrible pass defense. I don't know why they even try to run it. MU defense can't stop the pass.

Coach 09-10-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16452387)
Terrible pass defense. I don't know why they even try to run it. MU defense can't stop the pass.

They run it because they have a very good O-Line, Adrian Martinez, and Deuce Vaughn. Forces them to account for them.

jjchieffan 09-10-2022 10:46 AM

Wow! That was pathetic.

jjchieffan 09-10-2022 10:47 AM

Great! Defense plays like shit, then offense shits down their leg. So what does special teams do? They say hold my beer. Watch this. SMH

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16452393)
Wow! That was pathetic.

Drink is a shit play caller.

JohnnyHammersticks 09-10-2022 10:49 AM

All phases of the game are shit. No defense, no offense, no ST. At least Mizzou won't have to worry about Drink getting poached.

Sassy Squatch 09-10-2022 10:50 AM

**** that. Get a new QB or a new playcaller. Drinkwitz and Cook are not going to cut it together.

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2022 10:51 AM

Mizzou looked somber on the sideline before the game even started, this team is weak like their coach.

Titty Meat 09-10-2022 10:52 AM

Yall might have the worst defense in D1

dlphg9 09-10-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16452402)
Mizzou looked somber on the sideline before the game even started, this team is weak like their coach.

This kind of dumb shit is the reason why you shouldn't be allowed to post in here.

dlphg9 09-10-2022 11:03 AM

Brady Cook is not a starting caliber QB. Can't even hit a simple ****ing slant.

JohnnyHammersticks 09-10-2022 11:19 AM

This lighting needs to last at least 48 hours or we're screwed.