ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Bills overhyped? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345053)

PunkinDrublic 09-04-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16444331)
They have the best roster in the NFL. They gave a great front office that drafts well. That doesn’t mean that they will win but barring injury they will be damn good.

A great front office wouldn’t have wasted a pick on a rapist punter.

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-04-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16444499)
Think they got smoked by Indy too. But still, shit happens. Not every qb has ice in his veins 24/7 like Mahomes, and not every coach is Andy Reid. I don’t know how many blowout losses we’ve had in the Andy era, but I’m sure it’s not many. Even considering our time with Alex.

Even Mahomes had the second half last year in the AFC Championship Game. Like you said, shit happens.

Buffalo is being hyped because it is the feel good story. Long time franchise that hasn't won a title since the AFL days. Fan base that is quirky. Allen is the young stud QB. Heartbreaking loss last year in the playoffs. Etc. Etc.

They have the storylines.

RealSNR 09-04-2022 09:41 PM

If Josh Allen beats the Jaguars, the divisional game is played in Buffalo, and the outcome might've been different.

He's still a pants-shitter as far as I'm concerned.

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-04-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16444601)
If Josh Allen beats the Jaguars, the divisional game is played in Buffalo, and the outcome might've been different.

He's still a pants-shitter as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. That 9-6 loss has been ignored by the media.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-04-2022 09:57 PM

If you as me, we drafted and built our team to beat the Bills. If Josh Allen wants to run Bryan Cook and our linebackers will make that a tough task. JMO

Titty Meat 09-04-2022 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16444565)
Josh Allen is more overhyped than anything. His great season wasn't even as good as Mahomes last season. Also he isn't the alpha that Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers is. The golf tournament this year proved that.

Dude was perfect in the playoffs

LoneWolf 09-04-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16444304)
Overhyped? Absolutely not. They're a really good football team.

We know what they were last year and they didn't really lose anything important.
Rousseau and Basham are a year into it and they added Von Miller to that pass rush.

Shakir and Cook are going to help an already good offense.

I don't expect rookies to have a tremendous impact on defense but Elam and Benford will help that CB group that was really bad after White. I think Benford is going to be the better player and he's a ball hawk.

They're the real deal, in my opinion.

Do you think they will rape the rest of the AFC? Is that why you like them?

-King- 09-04-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16444565)
Josh Allen is more overhyped than anything. His great season wasn't even as good as Mahomes last season. Also he isn't the alpha that Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers is. The golf tournament this year proved that.

Dude had 637 yards passing on 77% completion and 9 touchdowns and 134 yards rushing in the playoffs. That's some alpha shit.

Titty Meat 09-04-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16444644)
Dude had 637 yards passing on 77% completion and 9 touchdowns and 134 yards rushing in the playoffs. That's some alpha shit.

Only the Chiefs can be good

SuperBowl4 09-04-2022 10:18 PM

:evil:Satan kicked "Punt God" out of the NFL and into the depths of hell:evil: Satan works in mysterious ways:evil:the Bills are doomed:evil:

rabblerouser 09-04-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16444607)
Yes. That 9-6 loss has been ignored by the media.

That's some Alex Smith-level shit right there.

RealSNR 09-04-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16444645)
Only the Chiefs can be good

Only the Bills can lose to the Jaguars

Passepartout 09-04-2022 10:40 PM

They look good indeed on paper. But it is about proving their worth there. Just like the Chiefs are not just on paper but in action. There is a difference.

staylor26 09-04-2022 11:04 PM

I can totally see why people think they're the favorites. It feels like it's their year in the sense that it is the best opportunity they've had and probably will have.

Here's your chance Buffalo, take the AFC while you can, but I don't think it's going to be easy this year, and it definitely won't be after that.

This roster is loaded with young talent. I feel good about out being better long term.

-King- 09-04-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16444669)
I can totally see why people think they're the favorites. It feels like it's their year in the sense that it is the best opportunity they've had and probably will have.

Here's your chance Buffalo, take the AFC while you can, but I don't think it's going to be easy this year, and it definitely won't be after that.

This roster is loaded with young talent. I feel good about out being better long term.

Yep. If what we're doing pans out, this is the bills best chance they're going to have in a while.

BlackOp 09-04-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16444599)
Buffalo is being hyped because it is the feel good story.

They have the storylines.

Literally every decent AFC team is being hyped other than the Chiefs...it's Mahomes fatigue.

Saw A NFL.com article...12 votes for a Bills SB, 5 for the Chargers, 3 for Baltimore...Indy, KC and Denver all got one vote. Interestingly...not a single vote for Cincy. I guess NFL's flavor of the month/Kroenke's sacrificial SB lamb is already yesterdays news.

It's also bad for business if one team is hosting 4 straight AFCCGs...unless said team is owned by Kraft.

Watching NFL corporate shit on the QB that actually single-handedly reinvigorated their brand is something...

"Mahomes wont win without Hill" is an interesting angle to take...creating off-season narratives is what they do.

Buehler445 09-04-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 16444477)
You could go straight to week 1. On the road vs the defending champs. Since they switched to the TNF format, how many home openers have the defending champs lost? Can't be many (any?). Not like the Rams don't return most of their big guns. That game should at least be a pick 'em, IMO.

Edit: We beat the Pats on a TNF opener post championship, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16444481)
Home teams automatically get 3 points. Which means the oddsmakers are saying Buffalo is several points better than everyone they play, even on the road. That’s pretty ridiculous.

They should be at least slight dogs at LA and KC, and probably Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Probably fair. I'm not into the betting lines, so I'll quit arguing.

Maybe I'm viewing it as whether or not I'd bet the opponent.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-04-2022 11:31 PM

Nope, they're not overhyped at all. That's a truly great team. It took Mahomes's best night to beat them and I think the Bills are even better with Von Miller in the fold.

With that said, the Bills went all in. That means the pressure is on them. We in this golden era of Chiefs football are use to it, we've been there. They haven't, ever, in the history of their franchise. The choke meter is running high.

I will say it is surprising they're favored in every game though. I'm not putting much stock into that. Obviously they're going to have a game or two like the JAX game last year.

Titty Meat 09-05-2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16444669)

Getting White back and signing Miller was pretty big

kcpasco 09-05-2022 12:52 AM

Bills can eat a big sack of dicks. The KC CHIEFS are the best team in the league.

TimeForWasp 09-05-2022 01:29 AM

They are the biggest reason I'm still a Chiefs fan.

Bump 09-05-2022 02:12 AM

the players get annoyed by their reeruned fans but they are pretty good

Best22 09-05-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16444431)
Not at all. They have that look the Chiefs had the year we lost to Brady and his refs in Mahomes’ first year as a starter. If it wasn’t for Pat and Kelce being football Gods, they would have easily beaten the Bengals and been in the Super Bowl last year.

They are coming hard, and they want it bad. Chiefs will need to have a pretty incredible year to stay ahead of them, especially with how brutal this division is.

Why would the Bills “easily beat” the Bengals?

The Rams couldn’t do it easily. The Chiefs couldn’t do it at all. The Titans couldn’t do it at all

KC was just as hot as Buffalo was heading into our AFCCG.

Best22 09-05-2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16444628)

He played two playoff games.

Peyton Manning was perfect in the 2003 playoffs until he wasn’t (he threw 4 picks in the AFCCG). It gets a lot harder to be great in the playoffs the further you go in them

DrunkBassGuitar 09-05-2022 06:49 AM

I don't think they are but also it would be incredibly funny if they made it to another SB and then lost. 90s nostalgia is big right now

TwistedChief 09-05-2022 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16444731)
He played two playoff games.

Peyton Manning was perfect in the 2003 playoffs until he wasn’t (he threw 4 picks in the AFCCG). It gets a lot harder to be great in the playoffs the further you go in them

He played a perfect game against a Belichick defense in absolutely frigid weather in the playoffs. There may not be another single game accomplishment at that level for years.

And do you recall who coached the defense that intercepted Manning 4 times? Hint: look up.

The Bills are damn good. They’re not flawless and the Tre White injury leaves them really thin at corner, but no reason to think they’re overrated.

TEX 09-05-2022 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16444680)
Nope, they're not overhyped at all. That's a truly great team. It took Mahomes's best night to beat them and I think the Bills are even better with Von Miller in the fold.

With that said, the Bills went all in. That means the pressure is on them. We in this golden era of Chiefs football are use to it, we've been there. They haven't, ever, in the history of their franchise. The choke meter is running high.

I will say it is surprising they're favored in every game though. I'm not putting much stock into that. Obviously they're going to have a game or two like the JAX game last year.

Exactly the case. They are very good and are the legit favorites going into the season. However, with great expectations comes even greater pressure... We'll find out this season if the Bills have what it takes - Not just the players, coaching staff as well.

UChieffyBugger 09-05-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16444628)

Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look at the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.

TEX 09-05-2022 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16444773)
Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.

Oh, I know. That all gets lost because at the end of the game, the Bills seemingly had it in hand. But every time one team HAD to respond, the Chiefs did. All the best defense in the NFL had to do to win the game was play defense for one of the final two drives. They failed. KC won.... I laugh at those that say the Bills should have had the chance to get the ball in OT....Well, everyone knew the rules. The EXACT thing happened the following week, difference was, the Bengals played defense and won the game. THE END.

Best22 09-05-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16444771)
He played a perfect game against a Belichick defense in absolutely frigid weather in the playoffs. There may not be another single game accomplishment at that level for years.

And do you recall who coached the defense that intercepted Manning 4 times? Hint: look up.

The Bills are damn good. They’re not flawless and the Tre White injury leaves them really thin at corner, but no reason to think they’re overrated.

You can’t compare the 2003 Patriots defense with the 2021 one

2003 was much better and got to take advantage of the much more physical coverage and hits that were legal at that time. Manning’s receivers were literally getting decapitated and there weren’t any flags:)

Totally different era. The Bengals defense got 8 interceptions in the playoffs. 8. Who knows, maybe they’d ruin Allen’s “perfect playoff run” just like they did to Mahomes and his brilliant playoff run.

To me, Manning’s first two games of his 2003 playoff run was even more impressive because of the era in which he did it…but nobody talks about it because of his AFCCG performance with 4 picks. It’s so much harder when you have to play more than 2 playoff games

Coogs 09-05-2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16444775)
Oh, I know. That all gets lost because at the end of the game, the Bills seemingly had it in hand. But every time one team HAD to respond, the Chiefs did. All the best defense in the NFL had to do to win the game was play defense for one of the final two drives. They failed. KC won.... I laugh at those that say the Bills should have had the chance to get the ball in OT....Well, everyone knew the rules. The EXACT thing happened the following week, difference was, the Bengals played defense and won the game. THE END.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs go into Buffalo in the playoffs. Game goes to overtime. Bills get the ball first and score a TD. Game would have been over but for the new rules. Extra point gets blocked/or missed. Chiefs needing a TD come down the field and do just that, with Butker kicking us to the Super Bowl.

crispystl 09-05-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16444773)
Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.

I was actually just thinking about this earlier today. I bet we would've won by 10 in regulation if Honey Badger would've played. There were so many breakdowns on 4th and long.

the steam 09-05-2022 08:55 AM

The Bills are never beating Mahomes and AR in the playoffs under any circumstances period

tredadda 09-05-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the steam (Post 16444369)
OK, make sure you come back to this thread and tell me I was right when the sucky Bills shrink up in another big post season game. Everyone knows it's gonna happen

Ok

TEX 09-05-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16444793)
I still wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs go into Buffalo in the playoffs. Game goes to overtime. Bills get the ball first and score a TD. Game would have been over but for the new rules. Extra point gets blocked/or missed. Chiefs needing a TD come down the field and do just that, with Butker kicking us to the Super Bowl.

THAT would be epic!

Coochie liquor 09-05-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16444692)
Getting White back and signing Miller was pretty big

I don’t think White is back yet. I heard 2-4 weeks into the season.

louie aguiar 09-07-2022 02:24 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcDm5ICW...pg&name=medium

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 02:27 PM

bills are a sleeper non-playoff team

that roster didn't get better

louie aguiar 09-07-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16447858)

The AFC East is terrible. They're easily a playoff team.

htismaqe 09-07-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16447867)

Exactly.

ptlyon 09-07-2022 02:31 PM

I wonder if Michael Irvin would pick Dallas against Dallas in the SB if he could

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

it's way better than it has been

tredadda 09-07-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Exactly. The Bills have to try and not win the AFC East.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-07-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16447847)

RIP

ToxSocks 09-07-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Yeah that's wrong.

ThaVirus 09-07-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

LMAO Famous last words

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-07-2022 03:08 PM

Quote:

Cynthia and Rachel sure are cute.

ptlyon 09-07-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16447937)

Dumb as a box of hair too

Imon Yourside 09-07-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16444793)

I'm ready

htismaqe 09-07-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16447937)

Don't necessarily watch her because of her looks, but Cynthia is one of the brighter minds in football analysis. I love her stuff.

duncan_idaho 09-07-2022 03:50 PM

Are they overhyped?

Yes. Any AFC team getting unanimous Super Bowl predictions in this field is getting overhyped.

The Bills are an excellent team. They have an elite QB, a true #1 WR, good complementary skill players, and a solid offensive line.

On defense, they have a deep defensive line group and excellent safeties. I don't think their LB group is anything special, but it also isn't a weakness. At corner, White is great (if he comes back all the way healthy, starting the season on PUP) but other than that they've been pretty bad. I'm not sure they've solved that.

And here's the real question:

How much does the shake-up at OC affect the Bills' offense?

Allen looked pretty rough before Daboll got there. That's a system brain-drain that is a real wildcard.

Pepe Silvia 09-07-2022 04:12 PM

The Bills must have whacked the smoking man.

DJ's left nut 09-07-2022 04:15 PM

{checks thread date}

Huh. This wasn't from 2020 afterall.

Yeah, this question doesn't make much sense to me. The Bills are REALLY damn good. Elite QB, good defense with plenty of depth, a very good HC, excellent depth at the skill positions, good OL.

I mean shit y'all - what isn't there to like about this squad? It's a game played outdoors in weather with an oblong ball so sometimes shit happens, but man - this is a REALLY talented football team.

No, I don't think they're being overhyped at all. In fact, I think the occasional attempts to put the Chargers and Ravens on an even keel with them has them underrated. That team, top to bottom, probably has more talent than any squad in football.

HC_Chief 09-07-2022 04:21 PM

Bills are the #1 threat to KC going to the SB.

Odd to say it's them, rather than Cincy, who managed to turn off the PM2 Machine in the second half of TWO games last year, but we all know it's Buffalo. Great D, great QB, great coaching. They are a straight up excellent team, and the games they've played against KC have been tremendously entertaining from start to finish.

Regarding Cincy, I still want to know wtf happened to PM2 in the second half of those games last season. Just bizarre outcomes, both times.

Bearcat 09-07-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16448072)
{checks thread date}

Yeah, this question doesn't make much sense to me. The Bills are REALLY damn good. Elite QB, good defense with plenty of depth, a very good HC, excellent depth at the skill positions, good OL.

I mean shit y'all - what isn't there to like about this squad? It's a game played outdoors in weather with an oblong ball so sometimes shit happens, but man - this is a REALLY talented football team.

No, I don't think they're being overhyped at all. In fact, I think the occasional attempts to put the Chargers and Ravens on an even keel with them has them underrated. That team, top to bottom, probably has more talent than any squad in football.

If it was Chiefs/Bills in the AFCCG this year, do you give the Bills a 50% chance of winning? 51%? 60%?

That's kind of where my mind goes when I see people saying they're the clear favorite for the SB and screen grabs like the one below where a group is unanimously picking the Bills, yet the NFC is apparently wide ****ing open.

And maybe my own interpretation of "clear favorite" is off, but I'd maybe say it means the Bills would win a 7 game series 4-2 or better without a bunch of OT games.

I don't buy it, not right now.... I'd say it's a 4-3 series with a few OT games, where you're more or less lucky to win, because it could have just as easily gone the other way. That's the Chiefs and Bills right now, until proven otherwise in the postseason.

the steam 09-07-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16447961)
Don't necessarily watch her because of her looks, but Cynthia is one of the brighter minds in football analysis. I love her stuff.

Are you kidding? She literally picks every game within a point of the line. A 5 year old could do that. Do you want her prediction for the Chiefs game? I can give it to you. Chiefs 29 Cards 24 or very close to that.

the steam 09-07-2022 04:56 PM

Quote:

Absolute kiss of death

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 05:16 PM

the bills didn't improve in the offseason, and a lot of other teams did - they are not gonna win 12 games, i know that

massively overhyped right now - reminds me of the ravens coming down off lamar's mvp season

ToxSocks 09-07-2022 05:35 PM

Don't hype him up cuz he will die
Make the whole block cry
His balloons in the sky
Now the opps wants me dead so i tell 'em come try

ToxSocks 09-07-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16448146)
the bills didn't improve in the offseason, and a lot of other teams did - they are not gonna win 12 games, i know that

massively overhyped right now - reminds me of the ravens coming down off lamar's mvp season

Your football takes suck.

tredadda 09-07-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

They added Von Miller. While he might not be as good as he once was, that was an improvement right there.

duncan_idaho 09-07-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

{checks thread date}

They're certainly talented and certainly an elite team.

I think it's fair to say that, in a stacked AFC field, for them to be an overwhelming choice for Super Bowl winner from national pundits, they're getting a little too much hype.

They're getting as much as, if not more, hype for a Super Bowl win as the Chiefs got after, you know, WINNING the freaking Super Bowl and facing a much less intense AFC field entering 2020.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 06:20 PM

there's just no one to worry about on that offense other than diggs, and he's getting older

they can't keep smashing josh into linebackers

RaidersOftheCellar 09-07-2022 06:57 PM

I don't take the Bills lightly, but I do think Allen's performance in that game was overrated.

The defender fell down on two of his TD passes, leaving the WR wide open for an easy pitch and catch. On a third, there was a blatant miscommunication in the secondary that left the receiver wide open.

The narrative would be very different if those plays had been properly defended. The score might have been closer to the AFCC game from the year before.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 07:07 PM

there was a shitload of hype around the ravens last year, two years removed from lamar's finest season, a year after they had a slight regression to the mean

well, last year the bills regressed, allen regressed, and now we get a shitload of hype, after a fairly pedestrian offseason for that team

not buying it, and he takes way too many hits, at least lamar could avoid most of them

ljmhawk 09-07-2022 07:12 PM

they are good.

chiefzilla1501 09-07-2022 08:01 PM

The bills are a really really good team.

And other than mahomes, Allen is as good as you’ll get in the games.

The defense though is the New York knicks of the 90s to mahomes’ Jordan. They are really damn good but just don’t have the formula to outdo Andy Reid and mahomes. Which is strange because mcdermotts defense seems well suited to do the things that gus Bradley or saleh have done to frustrate mahomes.

raybec 4 09-07-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Oof, that's not accurate. The Bills will cruise into the playoffs.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 08:15 PM

afc east is better than it has been in years

mark these words

the bills will not be the 1 or the 2 seed, i know that

Bearcat 09-07-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16448301)
there was a shitload of hype around the ravens last year,

bUt ThEy WeRe PoInT dIfFeReNtIaL cHaMpS!

Titty Meat 09-07-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Jesus

Titty Meat 09-07-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

{checks thread date}

Very good coach is debatable the decision to kick it into the end zone at the end of the game is questionable . If Reid was on their sideline and McDermott on our side I would be we lose that game.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16448468)
Jesus

everyone thought lamar was the second coming of jesus after his mvp season and he's gone way downhill since

i don't see allen having quite that decline, but he's headed there if his accuracy doesn't improve, and he continues to run like a fullback

bills didn't give him any help

Halfcan 09-07-2022 09:26 PM

Rams are going to smack these bitches.

petegz28 09-07-2022 09:29 PM

**** them in the ear!!!

https://y.yarn.co/f7b3a134-e5ec-4fe2...28e82_text.gif

petegz28 09-07-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

I tend to agree. Allen played above himself last year and it worked. I think he comes back down to earth this season.

Why Not? 09-07-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16448483)
everyone thought lamar was the second coming of jesus after his mvp season and he's gone way downhill since

i don't see allen having quite that decline, but he's headed there if his accuracy doesn't improve, and he continues to run like a fullback

bills didn't give him any help

It's possible, but Allen has 1. a much better arm (although you can't teach accuracy) and 2. a much better WR room. Hollywood Brown is a one trick pony and not a great one at that. Andrews is a beast but Lamar never has had a great WR (probably couldn't get the ball to one anyway). I imagine Allen will hover around the same numbers he had last year for at least the next few years.

Tribal Warfare 09-07-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 16448500)
I tend to agree. Allen played above himself last year and it worked. I think he comes back down to earth this season.

The Bill's need to stop doing QB scripted runs or Allen will be broken down like Cam by 30 years old.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 16448500)

he played above himself in 2020

2021 he came back down a bit - accuracy dropped off, more in line with what he was at wyoming

will that continue, with a worse supporting cast on offense?

no cole beasley, no emmanuel sanders, filled holes on the OL with ancient dudes

time will tell...and his playing style doesn't lend itself to improvement

their defense is smoke and mirrors, weak schedule last year

10-11 win team if josh plays as well as he did last year

more regression, they could blow it

Rainbarrel 09-07-2022 10:11 PM

The Bills rep came from beating a Chiefs team. That last year was winning because that's what was programmed in their DNA (the D stunk and the O was declining)

Edit: too many former staters and significant role player can't find work easily or keep it