ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2023 Free Agency (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347817)

O.city 03-03-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16835523)
It's the one argument I can really see for playing OBJ on the tag one more season.

We got handcuffed a bit by his bizarre approach to extension discussions and it left us stuck in the middle since it mostly fell apart after the draft. This time around we can approach the draft differently, get that developmental OT, play him on the tag one more time and walk away next season.

Typically I'm 100% opposed to playing a guy on the tag for a second season but in this particular instance, there might be some utility in it.

Depends how the draft falls.

Brown Jr seems to be really involved and embedded well into the locker room, it's a tight knit group and he played well down the stretch. I just don't see them moving on, unless he just goes wild with contract demands.

TambaBerry 03-03-2023 12:10 PM

Sounds like possible Lamar to Washington trade

Mecca 03-03-2023 12:12 PM

If that happens you can basically mark in the Ravens moving around for a QB.

Tylerthigpen!1! 03-03-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16835642)

Damn I was wanting to see him in Miami.

Coochie liquor 03-03-2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Imagine being OC for Mahomes who’s basically unlimited, then having to completely dumb down the offense for Lamar. Lamar is a fun player to watch, but he’s got limitations!!

raybec 4 03-03-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16835457)
This is why I just don't think they're gonna roll out a rookie LT.

People are gonna be mad when we pay OBJ and we're gonna go thru this whole thing every game. Should be a real fun time.

No matter what they do people are going to bitch about it. They could draft the 2nd coming of Anthony Munoz and some dipshit on CP will be screaming how bad he sucks every time he gives up a pressure.

staylor26 03-03-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure that is based off of a fake report.

Edit: it was a prank

htismaqe 03-03-2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16835688)
Imagine being OC for Mahomes who’s basically unlimited, then having to completely dumb down the offense for Lamar. Lamar is a fun player to watch, but he’s got limitations!!

EB's real strength is coordinating the running game. He might actually be the perfect guy to help Lamar at this point.

TambaBerry 03-03-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16835738)
Pretty sure that is based off of a fake report.

Edit: it was a prank

Damn internet

Chris Meck 03-03-2023 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16835553)
Depends how the draft falls.

Brown Jr seems to be really involved and embedded well into the locker room, it's a tight knit group and he played well down the stretch. I just don't see them moving on, unless he just goes wild with contract demands.

Did you miss last year?

htismaqe 03-03-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16836139)
Did you miss last year?

Does it matter? We have no idea how much either side has changed since then.

Chris Meck 03-03-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16836198)
Does it matter? We have no idea how much either side has changed since then.

OK.

:thumb:

kccrow 03-03-2023 10:26 PM

There are like 37 of these threads and my mind changes all the time but right now I'm most likely to say:

NT Greg Gaines
DT Armon Watts
WR Parris Campbell
WR Sterling Shepard
RT Trey Pipkins
QB Blaine Gabbert
S Andrew Wingard

That's a lot of keeping things tempered based on the cap and not going wild idiot mode on what is unlikely to happen.

Chief Pagan 03-04-2023 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16835457)
This is why I just don't think they're gonna roll out a rookie LT.

People are gonna be mad when we pay OBJ and we're gonna go thru this whole thing every game. Should be a real fun time.

Oh one mediocre or even one bad game won't set me off.

But...

Of course you have to extend him another year for another ten million dollars because if you cut him the cap hit is too big and it is theoretically impossible to get a starting LT in the draft...

JPH83 03-04-2023 03:49 AM

I don't know who we can realistically get, because we're going to get outbid a fair bit. But guys I'd like to see us pursue are.

DT Andrew Billings
DT Chris Wormley
DT Maurice Hurst
DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
DE Charles Omenihu
DE Samson Ebukam
DE Marcus Davenport at a discount
WR Michael Thomas at a MASSIVE discount
RT Kelvin Beachum
RT Jermaine Eleumenor

Rainbarrel 03-05-2023 11:23 AM

I guess this would go in a rumors thread

The Kansas City Chiefs are reportedly "bracing" for the possibility of losing wide receiver Mecole Hardman this offseason in free agency, according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, while running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has some interest around the league.

Per that report, "Some teams have [Edwards-Helaire] on their radar as a potential trade option, though I don't believe Kansas City is actively shopping him."

3/5/23

RunKC 03-05-2023 11:39 AM

They are also trying to keep Juju

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some of this expected .. but reporting from Jeremy Fowler of ESPN suggests Chiefs are “bracing to lose Mecole Hardman” and attempt to re-sign Juju Smith-Schuster. Also a note on Juan Thornhill as well. <a href="https://t.co/FWiO9ESUav">pic.twitter.com/FWiO9ESUav</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1632426682383491079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In58men 03-05-2023 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16838283)
They are also trying to keep Juju

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some of this expected .. but reporting from Jeremy Fowler of ESPN suggests Chiefs are “bracing to lose Mecole Hardman” and attempt to re-sign Juju Smith-Schuster. Also a note on Juan Thornhill as well. <a href="https://t.co/FWiO9ESUav">pic.twitter.com/FWiO9ESUav</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1632426682383491079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not surprised

ChiefBlueCFC 03-05-2023 11:56 AM

Would love to keep Mecole, but like JuJu, someone is probably going to overpay and price the Chiefs out. Ultimately, however, I’m not too worried ab the receivers for the most part, ya no, cuz Pat

O.city 03-05-2023 12:05 PM

Not a big fan of keeping jjss but figured it would happen

The Franchise 03-05-2023 12:10 PM

I'm sure they're going to make an "attempt" to keep everyone they can.

Skyy God 03-05-2023 12:11 PM

Mecole and CEH gonna join EB and Kemp in Washington.

ChiefsFanatic 03-05-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16835289)
Of that list, I've always kind of liked Minshew.

I like Minshew too, and can just imagine Brandon Perna melting down if Minshew signed as our backup.

I am not a Dalton fan at all, and never was, and Teddy Two Gloves literally can't stay healthy, but it would be interesting to see what Andy and his staff could do with any of those QBs.

After what he has done with a bunch of mid QBs in his career, it would be fun to see what he could do for guys like Mariotta or Minshew.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

The Franchise 03-05-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 16838326)
Mecole and CEH gonna join EB and Kemp in Washington.

Washington has no need for CEH. They have Brian Robinson and Antonio Gibson. Both of those guys do their jobs better than CEH does.

RunKC 03-05-2023 01:23 PM

If Juju comes back we are absolutely drafting multiple fatties early. Pass rusher and tackle in first 2 rds boys

Hoover 03-05-2023 01:28 PM

I'd trade CEH to the Commanders for Gibson in a ****ing heartbeat

Hoover 03-05-2023 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16838381)
Washington has no need for CEH. They have Brian Robinson and Antonio Gibson. Both of those guys do their jobs better than CEH does.

Yeah but EB will want some of his guys and food reasons I don't understand, Washington treated Gibson like he had aids.

BossChief 03-05-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16838324)
I'm sure they're going to make an "attempt" to keep everyone they can.

Juju, we love ya. What you did for us last year in our title run was incredible. We both know how tight we are against the cap, but we want you part of this team. We’d like to offer you a raise to 5m base with 7-8m in performance incentives. Unfortunately, we’re not in a place to negotiate from that but we’d love to keep you.

*Mr Veach, Mr Hardman is here for his appointment at 2*

BV: tell him I’ll be right with him

GloucesterChief 03-05-2023 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 16838338)
I like Minshew too, and can just imagine Brandon Perna melting down if Minshew signed as our backup.

I am not a Dalton fan at all, and never was, and Teddy Two Gloves literally can't stay healthy, but it would be interesting to see what Andy and his staff could do with any of those QBs.

After what he has done with a bunch of mid QBs in his career, it would be fun to see what he could do for guys like Mariotta or Minshew.

I would like Minshew as well. Though if AZ calls he should go there and be the starter till Kyler is all healed up.

If he wants to get into coaching after his career though then coming to KC is a good start. He was going to go to Bama and be essentially a 3rd string player/GA until Leach convinced him to come to Wazzu.

Easy 6 03-05-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 16838338)

Mariotta?

NO

chiefforlife 03-05-2023 01:42 PM

Im seeing JuJus numbers for a new contract around 18 Million/year. Putting him in the Christian Kirk range.

I know the WRs contracts have gone crazy but that seems way to high to me for a chain mover WR. I like JuJu but for that kind of money we should be getting more.

Free Agency is not good for WRs this year and I dont think we will draft a WR capable of replacing him right away. We may be stuck paying him that kind of money.

Easy 6 03-05-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 16838434)
Im seeing JuJus numbers for a new contract around 18 Million/year. Putting him in the Christian Kirk range.

I know the WRs contracts have gone crazy but that seems way to high to me for a chain mover WR. I like JuJu but for that kind of money we should be getting more.

Free Agency is not good for WRs this year and I dont think we will draft a WR capable of replacing him right away. We may be stuck paying him that kind of money.

We'll just have to wait and see how important money is to him

Go elsewhere and be jag, or stay with the defending champs as a prime target

chiefforlife 03-05-2023 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16838433)
Mariotta?

NO

If Andy decides to go with a Vet as Back Up QB which is likely.

Id love to see Jacoby Brissett! Dude is actually a damn good QB, he is very smart, can run when he needs to but would prefer to throw.

If he doesnt land a starter gig, he would be a top Back up for sure. He could grasp Andys offense quickly.

Easy 6 03-05-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 16838444)
If Andy decides to go with a Vet as Back Up QB which is likely.

Id love to see Jacoby Brissett! Dude is actually a damn good QB, he is very smart, can run when he needs to but would prefer to throw.

If he doesnt land a starter gig, he would be a top Back up for sure. He could grasp Andys offense quickly.

Never was a fan of Mariotta, even less so now after he quit on Atlanta

Brissett would be serviceable, I suppose

Dunerdr 03-05-2023 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16838446)

Quit on Atlanta? I hat did I miss?

ThyKingdomCome15 03-05-2023 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16838446)

Mariotta and Hurts are very similar players honestly. Obviously Hurts being the better version.

Easy 6 03-05-2023 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16838451)
Quit on Atlanta? I hat did I miss?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eaves-falcons/

Dunerdr 03-05-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16838453)

Damn! How did I miss this in season? Yeah **** him. Doesn’t sound like a guy who’s ready to accept the career backup role.

Easy 6 03-05-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16838456)
Damn! How did I miss this in season? Yeah **** him. Doesn’t sound like a guy who’s ready to accept the career backup role.

Super unprofessional, took his ball and went home like a bitch

And don't be too hard on yourself, no one pays attention to Atlanta

Wisconsin_Chief 03-05-2023 03:35 PM

If JuJu is going to get 18 million a year, it’s not going to be from us. Just no way.

We’ll find another veteran looking for a 1 year prove it deal and Mahomes will save his career just like he did JJSS. No way in hell is JuJu an 18 million a year guy. Just can’t do it.

Skyy God 03-05-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16838381)

Yeah but coaches like to bring in their guys to teach the system.

displacedinMN 03-05-2023 04:00 PM

I see so much crap about Chiefs trading/FA going away etc

Just dont know what to believe anymore.

Coochie liquor 03-05-2023 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16838546)
If JuJu is going to get 18 million a year, it’s not going to be from us. Just no way.

We’ll find another veteran looking for a 1 year prove it deal and Mahomes will save his career just like he did JJSS. No way in hell is JuJu an 18 million a year guy. Just can’t do it.

Exactly how I feel. I love what Juju helped us win, but no way is he worth that. We could get a much better weapon with that kinda money. And we don’t have that kinda money (but obviously Bleach can make it). I have a feeling Vatch has a plan that none of us has even thought about yet. And we’re all gonna say “WIZARD” when it comes to fruition!

Coochie liquor 03-05-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 16838550)
Yeah but coaches like to bring in their guys to teach the system.

I don’t Belize they’ll give up anything more than a 6th for him. But who knows. Fleece em, Burnt Peach!!

New World Order 03-05-2023 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16838546)

I just have a feeling Beckham comes here on a 1-year deal. It’s a perfect situation for him to come to KC in hopes to get a bigger deal, just like JuJu.

Stars are aligning

Dunerdr 03-05-2023 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 16838784)
I just have a feeling Beckham comes here on a 1-year deal. It’s a perfect situation for him to come to KC in hopes to get a bigger deal, just like JuJu.

Stars are aligning

Beckhams to old imo to take a 1 year prove it. He will probably just play out year to year to whoever pats.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-05-2023 10:40 PM

Quote:

Stars are aligning

I'm letting you know right now. There is zero chance Odell signs with the Chiefs. Zero. Veach knows a scam when he sees one.

RealSNR 03-05-2023 10:43 PM

Man, even if it's convenient and doable money-wise, I kind of don't want to see us prioritizing running it back as some offseason goal like it was in 2020.

Let's let a handful of them walk. Maybe even a majority. Go out and find some more Carlos Dunlaps. No, I'm not going to whine if we bring back our good players or go sign somebody kind of expensive, but let's keep the overall team as hungry as possible for more.

RealSNR 03-05-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Stars are aligning

I like Juju a lot and wouldn't mind seeing him re-sign, but what he does earn this year will be almost entirely due to a dry ass FA WR market. Statistically, he didn't do much to raise his stock compared to when he was in Pittsburgh

scho63 03-06-2023 02:29 AM

Quote:

Stars are aligning

OBJ ain't coming to KC.

You dreamers need to wale up. :doh!:

UChieffyBugger 03-06-2023 02:47 AM

Veach went for Beckham before he joined the Rams and we were linked with him again last season. If anyone has paid attention to Brett's tendencies he usually goes back for former targets. He did it with Juju, Toney, Hitches, Watkins etc so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went back to OBJ tbh.

Couch-Potato 03-06-2023 03:08 AM

$18m for JuJu is a tough pill to swallow, but it's probably about his value on today's WR market. It's not that I don't like his game, but wondering if his 933 yards couldn't be replaced by another reliable slot for less.

thabear04 03-06-2023 07:58 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Allen Robinson gets permission to seek trade. <a href="https://t.co/gXHIHl8K6l">https://t.co/gXHIHl8K6l</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1632715461451284481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city 03-06-2023 08:01 AM

Rams will eat a bunch of his salary.

I am a .....maybe?

RealSNR 03-06-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16838921)
Rams will eat a bunch of his salary.

I am a .....maybe?

What if we pissed away our first rounder on him? Would that make you happy?

O.city 03-06-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16838924)
What if we pissed away our first rounder on him? Would that make you happy?

No way man, i have that thing tagged for a way worse player.

dirk digler 03-06-2023 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16838867)
$18m for JuJu is a tough pill to swallow, but it's probably about his value on today's WR market. It's not that I don't like his game, but wondering if his 933 yards couldn't be replaced by another reliable slot for less.

Ain't no way I am paying him that. Ride with the young guys.

BleedingRed 03-06-2023 08:13 AM

I do not want Robinson

BleedingRed 03-06-2023 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 16838929)
Ain't no way I am paying him that. Ride with the young guys.

I’d pay Dhop that….

dirk digler 03-06-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16838931)
I’d pay Dhop that….

I would too.

O.city 03-06-2023 08:18 AM

I wouldn't pay Hopkins. He's old guys. Walls come fast.

If you're gonna pay that, trade a pick to the 9ers for Aiyuk and pay him. Or call the Bucs about Godwin.

O.city 03-06-2023 08:20 AM

If the Rams are gonna eat a big portion of his salary, you go that route over Hopkins.

Urc Burry 03-06-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16838936)
If the Rams are gonna eat a big portion of his salary, you go that route over Hopkins.

No. No. No.

He’s done.

I would rather not on Hopkins. But not going to be raging if it happens

But Robinson is DONE. He broke 50 yards 3 times all year. The Rams rely heavily on Kupp. But their #2 receivers still eat. See Woods and Odell. I have more faith in our similar player in Justyn Ross than AR

O.city 03-06-2023 08:35 AM

He had a stress fracture in his foot and was playing on a sinking ship. Plus it's gonna be cheap.

dirk digler 03-06-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16838935)
I wouldn't pay Hopkins. He's old guys. Walls come fast.

If you're gonna pay that, trade a pick to the 9ers for Aiyuk and pay him. Or call the Bucs about Godwin.

Hopkins at 30 is better than JJSS IMO.

Urc Burry 03-06-2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16838947)
He had a stress fracture in his foot and was playing on a sinking ship. Plus it's gonna be cheap.

He had his chance to sign with us. Plus him and Nagy have a history. Not happening

Dunerdr 03-06-2023 08:40 AM

I didn't watch a lot of Rams games but Robinson not being involved in anything significant for the last 3 years gives me pretty serious pause.

nychief 03-06-2023 09:06 AM

Rams releasing OLB Leonard Floyd

O.city 03-06-2023 09:14 AM

I'd take Floyd on a cheap veteran deal.

BleedingRed 03-06-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16838936)

HOF WR > scrub WR flash in the pan

MahomesMagic 03-06-2023 09:31 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rams are expected to release OLB Leonard Floyd if they cannot trade him first, per league sources. Floyd has had at least nine sacks in each of the past three seasons.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1632758756445437956?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ToxSocks 03-06-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 16838920)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Allen Robinson gets permission to seek trade. <a href="https://t.co/gXHIHl8K6l">https://t.co/gXHIHl8K6l</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1632715461451284481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No.

Next.

O.city 03-06-2023 10:10 AM

You guys, listen. We all want elite and young.

But these are potential value buys. That's what we need.

Sofa King 03-06-2023 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16839078)

I hate older wr's. They always seem to have nagging injuries. Groins, hammy's, shoulders.

I get that they are/were good players, but I think our IR list is so low each year because we don't rely on these aging players much.

BossChief 03-06-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16839078)

Value buys don’t typically happen early in FA.

The “Veach Values” are signed after the first couple waves of FA.

I agree though, some of the guys were discussing won’t be signed till then and would be good values if nobody overspends on them.

New World Order 03-06-2023 10:31 AM

I'm fine wiht an older receiver as long as it's a 1 or 2-year deal.

I'm not paying Robinson all of that money.

displacedinMN 03-06-2023 10:42 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The release of LB Eric Kendricks leaves behind $1.93M of dead cap, freeing up $9.5M of space for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Vikings</a>.<br><br>Minnesota now stands about $11M in the red heading toward the new league year. <a href="https://t.co/u83ijdAL56">https://t.co/u83ijdAL56</a></p>&mdash; Spotrac (@spotrac) <a href="https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1632745116233244672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city 03-06-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 16839085)
I hate older wr's. They always seem to have nagging injuries. Groins, hammy's, shoulders.

I get that they are/were good players, but I think our IR list is so low each year because we don't rely on these aging players much.

I don't disagree, I wouldn't necessarily count on them to be your top dog at WR.

But they're cheap and if you hit on one, they can usually step in and take off right away and get you some value.

RunKC 03-06-2023 10:49 AM

Name mentioned on Times Ours that actually could make sense for a year….

Keenan Allen

O.city 03-06-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16839144)
Name mentioned on Times Ours that actually could make sense for a year….

Keenan Allen

Are they gonna cut him?