ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264961)

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9005222)

Vincent Jackson will shit all over Routted.

lmao, yeah it would be nice if Jackson would re-routt him back to Oaktown.

kaplin42 10-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9005225)
If we lose this game.....it won't be because of Quinn (unless he plays like Stanzi did in the preseason). It will be because RAC and Daboll ran the same gameplan they ran against the Ravens.

LOL for thinking that Q is going to be awesome. Can he have a couple of good games, sure, is he the answer to all our problems :spock:

Reerun_KC 10-12-2012 12:15 PM

Love that everyone assumes we are going to throw the ball down the field.

ROFL Love these assumptions and facts.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9005323)
LOL for thinking that Q is going to be awesome. Can he have a couple of good games, sure, is he the answer to all our problems :spock:

if he plays well and we get a real GM in here next year, he would be a better choice than Cassel to have on the roster with Geno.

The Franchise 10-12-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9005342)
Love that everyone assumes we are going to throw the ball down the field.

ROFL Love these assumptions and facts.

Name once where I've said that we're going to throw down the field. I'm hoping that RAC and Daboll let Quinn throw the ball in the 3rd and long situations instead of running ****ing draws every time.

I'm not expecting them to come out and throw bombs all game long. If they're going to run the ball 40 times against the Bucs......they could at least run some play action passes. I don't think Quinn will throw the ball longer than 25-30 yards unless we're down big.

Chiefnj2 10-12-2012 12:29 PM

By all accounts Quinn wasn't that good in training camp. I'm not sure why people expect anything of him. He'll probably have an okay day like most #2 QBs in their first game. Then, if given the chance, he'll probably regress once DC's get some film and chart his tendencies - just like Orton last year.

The Franchise 10-12-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9005323)

I've never said that he was going to be awesome. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I have huge expectations for him.

What I do think (and have said multiple times) is that he will hold onto the ball better than Cassel has. Quinn can make those 10-15 yard throws that Cassel can't because he can actually get the ****ing ball there. It's all going to be up to RAC and Daboll to put him in a good situation. Running the ball 60 times a game is not a good situation.

I would say that it's a 50/50 shot that Quinn either performs well or shits it down his leg. He hasn't had a starting opportunity since 2009. We're going to see if he's grown mentally in that time frame or not.

kaplin42 10-12-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9005345)
if he plays well and we get a real GM in here next year, he would be a better choice than Cassel to have on the roster with Geno.

My grandmother is a better choice than Cassel. The problem is that it looks like that some people are just satisfied that Cassel is/might be gone, and that's enough for them.

Cassel needs to be gone, Quinn, if he proves reasonably capable can play #2. But we need a real QB, and thinking that Quinn is that QB makes one no better than Pioli in the talent judging department.

The Franchise 10-12-2012 12:34 PM

JFC people......

If Quinn lights it up......he is still nothing more than a decent stop-gap QB and a good #2. Even if Quinn is awesome.....I STILL want us to trade up for Geno Smith.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9005365)
By all accounts Quinn wasn't that good in training camp. I'm not sure why people expect anything of him. He'll probably have an okay day like most #2 QBs in their first game. Then, if given the chance, he'll probably regress once DC's get some film and chart his tendencies - just like Orton last year.

when Bledsoe was the QB with New England and Brady was rookie, did Tom Brady look good enough with the second string players in preseason that year to beat out Drew Bledsoe?

but he sure did when he got his shot with the number ones after the Bledsoe injury.

not saying Quinn is the next Tom Brady, i'm just saying i'm greatful to see Quinn get a shot with our first string.

if he sucks at Tampa on Sunday, i'll admit he sucks but till then i'm holding out hope.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9005373)
Quinn can make those 10-15 yard throws that Cassel can't because he can actually get the ****ing ball there.

If it's not thrown 10 yards over the receiver's head... :LOL:

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9005130)
Don't bank on it. Brady Quinn doesn't have the mental game to play in the NFL and Cassel is better unfortuantely.

Eddie Kennison wasn't a good wide receiver either, we get it.

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9005384)
If it's not thrown 10 yards over the receiver's head... :LOL:

The way I see it there isn't much point in trying to argue against Quinn. He will show his colors soon enough. Probably a so so 1st game that gives a few small hope but by the 2nd or 3rd game it will be clear we don't have a QB answer on this team.

I am not sure how I want it to play out though. Is Cassel gonna come back in? Really I don't care how it happens as long as it is made clear that we don't have the answer. Maybe a benching of Quinn, followed by bringing Cassel back and a benching of Cassel. That would be ideal, although maybe not realistic.

I just want to know 100% that they are through with both before the offseason so I don't have to stress about it.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2012 12:52 PM

I would love for that moment when Cassel is benched...just to see him publicly shamed...

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9005426)
I would love for that moment when Cassel is benched...just to see him publicly shamed...

Exactly. I didn't want him out due to injury. I want it made clear that the coaches and FO admit he isn't good enough.