ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Rumor*** Pioli gets fired if Chiefs Lose in Tampa. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265034)

Scorp 10-13-2012 10:17 AM

Let's get the gleam!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhjprz1TNjI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 10-13-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9007427)
Yeah, the greater percentage of ticket holders are...

We're not as dumb, nor as hateful as the national ESPN crowd would like some to believe.

Rausch 10-13-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9007429)
We're not as dumb, nor as hateful as the national ESPN crowd would like some to believe.

Not as hateful...

BigMeatballDave 10-13-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9007421)
I would say 'no way', but I'm pretty sure Carl Peterson was sent packing mid-season wasn't he?

Not even close.

Clark announced it in mid-December.

tk13 10-13-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9007421)
I would say 'no way', but I'm pretty sure Carl Peterson was sent packing mid-season wasn't he?

They announced Carl would step down at the end of the year with a few games to go.

whoman69 10-13-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007375)
Doubtful.

Rich, powerful men like Clark Hunt don't accept failure from highly-paid employees, especially when they make the organization look bad from a PR standpoint.

If you believe that I have two words for you...Matt Cassel.

FringeNC 10-13-2012 10:40 AM

Pioli is mentally ill. He may very likely go down with the ship, probably not until the end of the year, but had he made a change in QB - simply cut Cassel, signed Orton, and drafted a QB last year, I don't think he'd be in any trouble at all. It simply makes no sense. Numerous people who respects had to tell him that Cassel didn't have it, even if he is too stupid to figure it out himself.

oldman 10-13-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9007342)
This rumor sounds absurd. What is not absurd, though is the notion of firing Pioli mid-season. There are valid reasons to do it right away if the plans are to do it anyway.
  1. Send a message to the fan base that change is coming swiftly.
  2. If reports of Pioli being a meddling cancer are true, then it removes the cancer.
  3. Maximize time allowed to find a new GM.
  4. If it's possible to hire new GM prior to season end, it would allow them more time to evaluate coaches and get scouting org together.
If the plan is to fire Pioli anyway I can't think of any reason to NOT do it right away.

This is pretty much how I see it. I don't think what happens in Tampa is going to matter much, however. If Clark has made his decision, this is probably the best time to do it. If he hasn't, then look for a late season announcement.
There's a lot of heat on Clark to get Pioli out of there and if he's made the decision to send SP down the road, it'd buy him a lot of goodwill among the fans. The scouts are all under contract and it would be in their best interests to do their job, regardless of who the GM is or isn't. They're not the ones drafting, the GM types are the ones that pull that trigger.

kushed god 10-13-2012 10:48 AM

Cut Cassel and it would result in an 8.00 million hit against the cap. You're better off benching Cassel and honestly, there were no QB's in the draft besides Luck and Griffin that were really noteworthy. Sure, Tannehill, the converted wide receiver to qb golden boy or kirk cousins..i'll pass. This team needs a real franchise qb with all the intangibles. Pioli was just on a power trip and thought he could turn Cassel into another brady, the problem is you need Mcdaniels or charlie weis or bill o'brien to do that.

PRIEST 10-13-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 9007428)
Let's get the gleam!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhjprz1TNjI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I almost asked Marty to sign my book with that . :)

kushed god 10-13-2012 10:49 AM

What other GM is out there? Seriously, someone tell me. I know Pioli has done wrong but I wouldn't change him just yet.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 10:51 AM

What is Marty's book? I want it.

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9007497)
What other GM is out there? Seriously, someone tell me. I know Pioli has done wrong but I wouldn't change him just yet.

Why does the new candidate have to be a GM? There are dozens of very experienced personnel guys all over the league dying for a shot to run a team. This is the same logic that says you can only hire a coach with head coaching experience, as opposed to an assistant coach.

KCUnited 10-13-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9007501)
What is Marty's book? I want it.

Martyball, no seriously, that's the name of it.

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9007493)
Cut Cassel and it would result in an 8.00 million hit against the cap. You're better off benching Cassel and honestly, there were no QB's in the draft besides Luck and Griffin that were really noteworthy. Sure, Tannehill, the converted wide receiver to qb golden boy or kirk cousins..i'll pass. This team needs a real franchise qb with all the intangibles. Pioli was just on a power trip and thought he could turn Cassel into another brady, the problem is you need Mcdaniels or charlie weis or bill o'brien to do that.

There's nothing wrong with getting Cassel. The arrogance is more in the decision not to surround the team with options. If Pioli swung and missed a few times, I'd be okay with that. He didn't. And so, we don't had a guy like Andy Dalton. We were told that Cassel would have QB competition, and yet Pioli didn't even take a sniff at Brock Osweiler, Russell Wilson, or Nick Foles.

Power trips don't last 4 years. You can justify going one year without trying to find options. 4 years is just embarrassing.