ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276898)

CaliforniaChief 03-16-2014 05:04 PM

Kings-Ducks was pretty entertaining last night.

The Kings were robbed of a 3rd period equalizer on a bad incidental contact call, which was almost as bad as allowing Maroon and Jackman goals.

The Kings took advantage of an inferior schedule (save Colorado) to run up their points total, but went right back into the abyss against the Leafs/Ducks.

God I hate Anaheim.

DaFace 03-16-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10496678)

The Kings were robbed of a 3rd period equalizer on a bad incidental contact call, which was almost as bad as allowing Maroon and Jackman goals.

The Kings took advantage of an inferior schedule (save Colorado) to run up their points total, but went right back into the abyss against the Leafs/Ducks.

God I hate Anaheim.

On this, we definitely agree.

MMXcalibur 03-16-2014 07:36 PM

I think I was in the triple digits in terms of number of Penguin passes that went either nowhere, or right to a Flyer. Another piss poor effort. You don't wait until you're down 3-0 to THEN start playing.

The game winner came from a Deryk Engellend turnover on the power play. My question is: why in the hell is Deryk Engellend on any Penguins power play unit?

Bearcat 03-19-2014 05:31 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5OSJHQFHbGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CaliforniaChief 03-19-2014 05:40 PM

That's really an awesome video. You could just tell it meant the world to that kid. Thanks for sharing!

Pushead2 03-19-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10496689)
On this, we definitely agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10496678)

God I hate Anaheim.

Don't worry - we hate y'all too :evil:

OnTheWarpath15 03-19-2014 08:03 PM

Figures. The hockey world has been sucking the Blues' dick for the last 8 games, then they lay an egg on national TV.

DaFace 03-19-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10503032)
Figures. The hockey world has been sucking the Blues' dick for the last 8 games, then they lay an egg on national TV.

Sad thing is I'd already conceded the division to the Blues, so I was rooting for the Chicago loss tonight. :sulk:

CaliforniaChief 03-27-2014 01:40 PM

Some good games tonight coming into the home stretch.

Kings at Penguins
Blackhawks at Bruins
Wild at Blues
Habs at Wings

I like how Gaborik is settling in with Kopitar. Lots of speed/skill there. If San Jose holds on to the top spot, barring a Kings meltdown...looks like a first round Freeway Series against the Ducks. Tasty.

Pushead2 03-27-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10520705)
Some good games tonight coming into the home stretch.

Kings at Penguins
Blackhawks at Bruins
Wild at Blues
Habs at Wings

I like how Gaborik is settling in with Kopitar. Lots of speed/skill there. If San Jose holds on to the top spot, barring a Kings meltdown...looks like a first round Freeway Series against the Ducks. Tasty.

As a Ducks fan it would be glorious for a Kings/Ducks series. Not sure we'll see it because the Ducks have 3 games in hand over the Sharks, plus we have a tits schedule. It's going to come down to the Ducks/Sharks game on the 9th for the division.

MMXcalibur 03-27-2014 02:10 PM

The Penguins have to get out of this funk. Or at least get healthier.
This is not setting up to becoming a memorable playoff run.

CaliforniaChief 03-27-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 10520733)
As a Ducks fan it would be glorious for a Kings/Ducks series. Not sure we'll see it because the Ducks have 3 games in hand over the Sharks, plus we have a tits schedule. It's going to come down to the Ducks/Sharks game on the 9th for the division.

You could very well be right. I forgot about the 3 game edge. ANA's next 7 games are indeed very favorable. The 3 game swing at the end (SJ, LA, COL) is tougher. Although I've seen the Ducks play to the level of their competition too.

CaliforniaChief 03-27-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10520755)
The Penguins have to get out of this funk. Or at least get healthier.
This is not setting up to becoming a memorable playoff run.

Good road win for the Kings again...8 straight on the road.

PIT has to be concerned about having only 6 SOG on 6 power plays with no PP goals.

DaFace 03-27-2014 11:12 PM

Avs are this close >< to clinching a playoff spot. Watched tonight's game from row 9. Good times.

DaFace 03-29-2014 03:46 PM

And there ya go - Avs clinch. This team's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.