ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gasoline at $4 Coming to a Pump Near You, Unfazed by Rising Tab (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161736)

Donger 07-01-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 7725672)
If Donger saw my post and did not agree he certainly would have commented.

LMAO

Discuss Thrower 07-01-2011 04:32 PM

I saw a station with 3,19 in Richland, MS

Donger 07-05-2011 11:36 AM

Crude surging today. Up 2.5% to $97.29

Hydrae 07-05-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 7725628)
You know, they find new pockets of crude and natural gas fairly regularly.

It may be replenishing as we pump.

http://www.green-planet-solar-energy...iotic-oil.html

As the article points out, this does not alleviate concerns with the carbon emissions. I did find the comment about Titan very interesting, I had not read that before.

Bugeater 07-05-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7730440)

GFY

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7730440)

Awesome

007 07-05-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7724738)
1. you're damn right! for both me and the precious children you older timers claim to care so much about.

2. i could, but it'd cost me a lot less (and future generations) once we completed one here.

LMAO

007 07-05-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7725423)
from where i work to where i live would take me 3-4 hours to walk. considering it's all highway, i could bike there in 30 minutes, but no amount of money for gas, insurance, repairs, property tax etc. is worth risking my life.

Well then you should move closer to your work.

Donger 07-22-2011 10:21 AM

Crude hovering around the $100 mark @ $99.76. Gasoline is $3.68/gallon.

Bugeater 07-22-2011 04:08 PM

Go **** yourself Donger.

Donger 07-22-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7764696)
Go **** yourself Donger.

Why do you keep telling me to do that? I'm just a messenger.

Backwards Masking 07-22-2011 05:05 PM

Hey Donger, on that chart you posted it said something like 23 percent of energy comes from natural gas, which sounds about right. You also agreed with Jules that we have enough oil to last the race about 100 years with the current rate of consumption.

Based on practically every news report, article, television documentary and independent documentary I've seen on the subject, all the "experts" agree with me that it will be closer to 20-30 years. Not tryin' to brag and say you're wrong, but from what I understand 100 years of using oil before we run out is a Pipe Dream.

I also know in this country, among others, utilizing natural gas reserves far below the earth's crust is becoming ever more popular as an engery source until we're forced to go another route. From what I understand though, "fragging" which is slang for the process of "drilling" for natural gas, releases a myraid of poisonous and unnatural chemicals into the earths ground that ultimately winds up in natural springs and drinking water and causes all sorts of health problems like cancer etc.

It seems that until the race can invest the time and resources and technology into building a self renewing natural energy center (if it is possible at all), we'll have to supplement oil use with either natural gas, nuclear engery, or both.

The dangers of going nuclear have been known for ages (and were rehased thanks to the Japan disaster) and now that natural gas drilling has sprung up in most rural areas, those dangers are being exposed as well. What, in your opinion, would you consider safer between the two, natural gas or nuclear?

Donger 07-23-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7764832)
Hey Donger, on that chart you posted it said something like 23 percent of energy comes from natural gas, which sounds about right. You also agreed with Jules that we have enough oil to last the race about 100 years with the current rate of consumption.

Based on practically every news report, article, television documentary and independent documentary I've seen on the subject, all the "experts" agree with me that it will be closer to 20-30 years. Not tryin' to brag and say you're wrong, but from what I understand 100 years of using oil before we run out is a Pipe Dream.

I also know in this country, among others, utilizing natural gas reserves far below the earth's crust is becoming ever more popular as an engery source until we're forced to go another route. From what I understand though, "fragging" which is slang for the process of "drilling" for natural gas, releases a myraid of poisonous and unnatural chemicals into the earths ground that ultimately winds up in natural springs and drinking water and causes all sorts of health problems like cancer etc.

It seems that until the race can invest the time and resources and technology into building a self renewing natural energy center (if it is possible at all), we'll have to supplement oil use with either natural gas, nuclear engery, or both.

The dangers of going nuclear have been known for ages (and were rehased thanks to the Japan disaster) and now that natural gas drilling has sprung up in most rural areas, those dangers are being exposed as well. What, in your opinion, would you consider safer between the two, natural gas or nuclear?

No, our supply of oil will not run out 20 to 30 years. Whatever experts you are listening to are quite simply wrong.

I would say that NG is "safer" than nuclear.

Bugeater 07-23-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7764707)
Why do you keep telling me to do that? I'm just a messenger.

I have to direct my anger towards someone. :shrug:

Donger 07-23-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7765721)
I have to direct my anger towards someone. :shrug:

Okay.