ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

Rain Man 05-13-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14968255)
I'm proud to say that defense matters in Sandbox.

A Newport-New Orleans playoff showdown is looming in the Solar conference playoffs. At this point, I give you the edge.

You have Patrick Mahomes, so I may simply surrender out of respect.

Wait. I have Frank Clark. He won't allow that.

DJ's left nut 05-13-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 14969036)
Shoot, even my kicker had a hangnail and was out. I hate kickers. :shake:

I wondered about the FA kicker - I didn't think I remembered that last time around.

I get the feeling we'll face off in the playoffs. It's hard to find 2 quarterbacks that have performed more evenly than Dak and Watson this year - you've just used Watson a little more heavily. The rate stats are damn near identical across the board (and I think you have stronger depth with your pass catchers so that makes some sense).

Old Dog 05-17-2020 08:40 AM

Good luck to all in the playoffs.....Mudbugs finished on a 12 game win streak after back to back losses but I'd be almost shocked if we don't go out to either Denver or Tulsa on Saturday.

TambaBerry 05-17-2020 09:06 AM

I'm confused as to why I'm the 4 seed when I beat the 3 seed head to head

Old Dog 05-17-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14975864)
I'm confused as to why I'm the 4 seed when I beat the 3 seed head to head

Assuming you're Sparks, Bentonville won the Central division and you're the #1 wildcard.

Old Dog 05-17-2020 09:16 AM

but even if both were wildcard teams with the same record H2H doesn't matter (makes no sense to me, but OK).......From the site:
"The tiebreakers in Sandbox are simple. The best record wins the first tiebreaker, and after that the best point differential wins the tiebreaker. If that's still a tie, we flip a coin"

PHOG 05-17-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 14975849)
Good luck to all in the playoffs.....Mudbugs finished on a 12 game win streak after back to back losses but I'd be almost shocked if we don't go out to either Denver or Tulsa on Saturday.

Its a long road through the playoffs via the wild card route. Usually not successful. :D

On a bright spot, I get almost all starters back but my backup RB and backup RT. Even the kickers hangnail healed. :thumb:

Good luck to everybody. :toast:

cdcox 05-17-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 14975869)
but even if both were wildcard teams with the same record H2H doesn't matter (makes no sense to me, but OK).......From the site:
"The tiebreakers in Sandbox are simple. The best record wins the first tiebreaker, and after that the best point differential wins the tiebreaker. If that's still a tie, we flip a coin"

Yeah, it bit me too. I beat Rainman head to head earlier in the season, and I even led in point differential until the last week. Thems the breaks.

Old Dog 05-17-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 14976058)
Yeah, it bit me too. I beat Rainman head to head earlier in the season, and I even led in point differential until the last week. Thems the breaks.

I weren't bitching about that one...(inasmuch as we're voluntary guinea pigs there ain't much to bitch about).....I WOULD like one question answered though.....300 carries, is that regular season only? It certainly makes sense to have a # (that's why I drafted a second RB earlyish)

cdcox 05-17-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 14976319)
I weren't bitching about that one...(inasmuch as we're voluntary guinea pigs there ain't much to bitch about).....I WOULD like one question answered though.....300 carries, is that regular season only? It certainly makes sense to have a # (that's why I drafted a second RB earlyish)

1) I don't think I have actually coded that rule yet, 2) when I do, it will be regular season only. I think is is realistic based on data I analyzed a few years ago.

Old Dog 05-18-2020 07:23 AM

I agree that it's good to have it in place so nobody can (as Rain Man said) "Larry Johnson someone".......

carlos3652 05-20-2020 06:58 PM

Good luck League 2 playoffs!

PHOG 05-21-2020 04:26 PM

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, playoffs have been postponed for at least 1 night, maybe more.

The postponements will only make it tougher for the winners to prepare for the next round due to the shortened week. :D

Good luck!

carlos3652 05-22-2020 08:49 PM

Hopefully we get to play without the fans, because my away game would be much easier... unless he brings out the blow up dolls like the Koreans did...

cdcox 05-23-2020 01:06 PM

Wildcard round sims are up. Sorry about the delay -- crazy busy at work this past week.

Division round is Tuesday.