ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

dred 12-30-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9256379)
Sold my S&W M&P15 and my Glock Model 30 at the gun show here in Fort Worth this weekend. Show was PACKED. Sold within 30 minutes of walking in, both to the same dealer.

How much did you get for the M&P15?

I was seriously looking at buying one until I did some research on the barrel twist.

Now I am crossing my fingers that I can somehow land me a Colt LE.

Dallas Chief 12-30-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9256445)
How much did you get for the M&P15?

I was seriously looking at buying one until I did some research on the barrel twist.

Now I am crossing my fingers that I can somehow land me a Colt LE.

$1700 with 6 Magpul 30rd magazines and the TAC case. Shit was pricey at the show. Even for the garbage. The Colt AR's were going for well north of $2300 I think.

trndobrd 12-30-2012 10:50 PM

Went to the ICT gun show today. Lowest priced AR was a Bushmaster Carbon (reg $750 new) that was flaking off spray paint for $1200. Any AR worth owning was at least $1500. 30 Rnd mags could be found for $20. AK-47s were up about 30%, although I did see an AK-74 for $750. The Kel-Tec SU-16 I've been looking for was $1500 (usually $550), I laughed at the dealer. No 5.56 or 7.62x39 to be found.

Supply issues aside,and I'm keeping a list of dealers in my area that are being stupid, there were some good deals on pistols, shotguns and non-AR rifles. Decent SKSs were still under $400, and Glocks were the lowest I've seen in years. I think all the money has been going into black rifles and dealers are having trouble moving anything else.

notorious 12-30-2012 10:56 PM

Do the opposite of the masses, and you will end up ahead.

In other words, I am as calm as a Hindu cow.

Kyle DeLexus 12-30-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9256517)
Do the opposite of the masses, and you will end up ahead.

In other words, I am as calm as a Hindu cow.

Yeah I'm really hoping that after everything calms down prices plummet lower than they were before all the madness since everyone seems to be buying now and should be stocked up.

notorious 12-30-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 9256563)
Yeah I'm really hoping that after everything calms down prices plummet lower than they were before all the madness since everyone seems to be buying now and should be stocked up.

There you go.

It doesn't hurt that I am stocked up with everything.

WV 12-30-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9255900)
I can't stop thinking about the Springfield xds. Smaller than my Kimber and reading great things about it.

I'd love to get one. I've been thinking about selling my Kimber 1911 3" to purchase the xds. Bad decision?

Pretty sure I'm going this route really soon. I know they are in high demand though and kind of scarce, but I haven't searched hard yet.

They are getting rave reviews and are tough to beat for the money. I really like the P224, but I'm just not sure it's worth the extra coin.

Dunit35 12-31-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9256390)
Shoot me a PM with a price on the Kimber if you decide to sell it.

Will do. It's a tough decision. I really like the Kimber but want something with a smaller grip, easier to conceal. I also have a man crush on the xdm.

It's had probably 200 rnds through it. New ones come with 1 magazine, bought 2 extra and has a decent leather holster for it.

Frazod 12-31-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9256881)
Will do. It's a tough decision. I really like the Kimber but want something with a smaller grip, easier to conceal. I also have a man crush on the xdm.

It's had probably 200 rnds through it. New ones come with 1 magazine, bought 2 extra and has a decent leather holster for it.

Have you ever had any jamming problems with it? Guy I was shooting with a CC training had one, it jammed on several times during the shoot.

Dunit35 12-31-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9256905)
Have you ever had any jamming problems with it? Guy I was shooting with a CC training had one, it jammed on several times during the shoot.

The first magazine I did. If you don't grip it like a man it will jam.. Shot probably 100 more rnds without any problems. the kimber is one accurate pistol.

I had to do 2 mags worth as quick as possible center mass from 7 yards, no problems.

I bought a Ruger LCR 38 special, shot it today for the first time. I am in love with it. Badass groupings from 10 yards with 130 grain. I then shot 3 rnds of hornaday +p to make sure it could handle it. The revolver is a beast. I carried it in my side pocket for 2 days ans never noticed it was there, thing is light at 13 oz. I carried it in my front jeans pocket in lowes and my in law said it looked like my wallet.

A Salt Weapon 12-31-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9256566)
There you go.

It doesn't hurt that I am stocked up with everything.

My philosophy as well. I buy in bulk way before the shitstorms happen, I try to sell off some stuff during the panics and re-up after the crazy calms down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 12-31-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9256986)
The first magazine I did. If you don't grip it like a man it will jam.. Shot probably 100 more rnds without any problems. the kimber is one accurate pistol.

I had to do 2 mags worth as quick as possible center mass from 7 yards, no problems.

I bought a Ruger LCR 38 special, shot it today for the first time. I am in love with it. Badass groupings from 10 yards with 130 grain. I then shot 3 rnds of hornaday +p to make sure it could handle it. The revolver is a beast. I carried it in my side pocket for 2 days ans never noticed it was there, thing is light at 13 oz. I carried it in my front jeans pocket in lowes and my in law said it looked like my wallet.

Not sure what you mean about gripping it - the guy having issues was one of the instructors. Big guy. I think he's a cop, too.

crazycoffey 12-31-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9256390)
Shoot me a PM with a price on the Kimber if you decide to sell it.

i already asked, I call dibs!!!!!

crazycoffey 12-31-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9256881)

oh sure, respond to him....

rockymtnchief 12-31-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9257043)
Not sure what you mean about gripping it....

It's pretty common in 3" barreled .45's for jamming to happen because of a less than firm grip. A lot of energy is sent out of the barrel instead of to the slide. If a firm grip isn't used even more energy is absorbed by the shooter taking even more energy away from the slide and resulting in failure to eject jams.

I got my 3" Kimber dirt cheap because a woman I knew was having this trouble. Every 2nd or 3rd round jammed. I shot it 3 years without any trouble and without any mods/adjustments.