ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

TribalElder 05-01-2013 09:31 PM

James the duck is a fumble machine

SPATCH 05-01-2013 09:35 PM

YO. EVERYONE.

WHY ARE WE COMPARING CURRENT ROSTERS?

WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHETHER ALEX SMITH HAS MORE OFFENSIVE WEAPONS IN KC THAN HE DID IN SF.

COMPARE OUR CURRENT ROSTER TO THE 2011 49ERS (SMITH'S LAST FULL SEASON)

Some of you are ****ing dense, man.

AustinChief 05-01-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650900)
> bad /= good

While I don't agree with you on Alex Smith (I like to see a player actually play in a new system with new personnel before I judge) the quote I believe you are looking for is this one...

When someone says "He's not so bad" ...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JdGtw_QQKBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mav 05-01-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9651024)
So guys who where benched, traded, injured and pretty much sucked where the problem in SF?

:hmmm:

Sounds familiar.

nah, not like that. Honestly, if the receivers were randy moss in his prime, Cris Carter in his prime, it wouldnt of made that much of a difference. Alex Smith since he messed up his shoulder, has been garbage. It just always makes me laugh when people dont consider the fact that he had shit around him compared to Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, is comical, and those guys are GREAT QBS, now you take an average qb like alex smith, put average talent around him, and your offense is going to look like dog shit. And it did.

Mav 05-01-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9651025)
Typical balls deep on a mediocre pos QB.

Go back to your own boards... oh wait...

ahh, yeah, because kaepernick is SO MEDIOCRE. Which, is why i mentioned them drafting patton, and trading for boldin, because that some how relates to alex smith right?

God you are just dumb as dog shit.

Chiefaholic 05-01-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650751)
We know Fisher is already a better run blocker than Albert simply because 1. Albert hasn't been a great run blocker and 2. Fisher has a rep as being pretty awesome at it.

Meanwhile, zero evidence to suggest Fisher is a better pass blocker. Zilch.

The Senior Bowl says otherwise

jd1020 05-01-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651225)
ahh, yeah, because kaepernick is SO MEDIOCRE. Which, is why i mentioned them drafting patton, and trading for boldin, because that some how relates to alex smith right?

God you are just dumb as dog shit.

Who mentioned Kaepernick, moron.

All you do is come out of the woodwork every time someone calls out Alex Smith for being the pos QB he is to defend him like you're his knight in shining armor.

You're pathetic.

His own team that stood behind him for 8 ****ing years benched his ass during his best season because he a gigantic waste of ****ing time.

You always want to bring up how guys like Brady have so much better... Brady won 3 SB's with Deion Branch as his #1. Randy Moss was hot garbage on the Raiders, before joining the Patriots, his go to receivers was a slot receiver and, recently, a couple TEs.

-King- 05-01-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9651226)

:spock: Are you seriously? You're comparing 1 superbowl game to Alberts 5 years of NFL experience?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9650552)
No. We CAN win with 2 great tackles.

We can't, however, win with Alex Smiths at QB.

People just dont seem to get that, but they soon will. Anywho, Princeass Alice has been given every element of support he needs to succeed. And when he doesn't, we will find his legit replacement, and get the **** on with actually making some noise in the postseason. Ive been patient this long, I can handle another season or two while the Dorseid build a monster for our QBOTF, yes. Yes I can.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 05-01-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9650820)
I think some want to win. I think some also want to win with certain players.

I think some just want to be ****ing miserable forever.

We all will be miserable forever as long as we have a GM who drafts a right tackle 1.1 and trades for fullbacks.

Titty Meat 05-01-2013 09:57 PM

I was the first to make this argument and i've made it many times.

Nobody last October when SOC first started would have been satisfied with trading two 2's for a game manager, drafting a right tackle 1.1, and trading for a fullback. It's the same wait and see bullshit every new coach has got since Marty.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9651226)

The Senior Bowl suggests Fisher is a better pass blocker than Albert?

The Senior Bowl trumps the last two NFL seasons?

OK. ROFL

Titty Meat 05-01-2013 09:58 PM

Let's be honest. Reids last few years in Philly were anything but a success and Dorsey wasn't making the decisions in Green Bay. It's not like the current guy is immune to failure.

Mav 05-01-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9651231)
Who mentioned Kaepernick, moron.

All you do is come out of the woodwork every time someone calls out Alex Smith for being the pos QB he is to defend him like you're his knight in shining armor.

You're pathetic.

His own team that stood behind him for 8 ****ing years benched his ass during his best season because he a gigantic waste of ****ing time.

You always want to bring up how guys like Brady have so much better... Brady won 3 SB's with Deion Branch as his #1. Randy Moss was hot garbage on the Raiders, before joining the Patriots, his go to receivers was a slot receiver and, recently, a couple TEs.

And what about Rodgers? Look, the bottom line is this. Since Terrell Owens has left, the 49ers have neglected the Wide receiver position. They now under Harbs, value it, and have tried upgrading it every year. Alex Smith is not an elite qb. He has to have elite talent around him. Is that anything but fact, and how is that in anyway possible me defending alex smith?

Its not.

Cannibal 05-01-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9650808)
Wow. Just wow.

So you think a coach who drafted Donovan McNabb 2nd overall and a guy like Dorsey who comes from a franchise that invested a first round pick in Aaron Rodgers is going to pass on drafting someone like Andrew Luck if he was there?

I just really can't get behind that rationale. It's absurd frankly. The failures of 2 previous GMs (one of which who said he never wanted to draft a QB and would always go with the veteran, and another who thought he could catch lighting in a bottle twice with low round QBs) are being lumped in with guys who have drafted QBs high and had success doing it.

To say they'd want an Andrew Luck here just to trade the pick is complete hyperbole.

Andy Reid/Dorsey have been Chiefs for 4 months. The trade for Alex Smith was more of a reflection on what they thought about this QB class more than anything. If they were all in on him, they'd have given him an extension much like ***** did without merit.

You're absolutely correct here.