ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spartacus: Blood and Sand (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219264)

Shogun 03-31-2012 12:42 AM

gonna miss seeing lawless' beautiful tits around, but she proved once and for all who queen bitch was.

Silock 03-31-2012 01:47 AM

Dammit. Mira was so hot.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2012 06:29 AM

Awesome.

arrowheadnation 04-01-2012 08:21 AM

Surprised thre isn't more discussion on this considering it was leaps and bounds better than some of the complete crap finales we've seen from other shows lately. Oh well, "winter started" today so I have that to hold me over until next year.

WhiteWhale 04-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 8509027)
Surprised thre isn't more discussion on this considering it was leaps and bounds better than some of the complete crap finales we've seen from other shows lately. Oh well, "winter started" today so I have that to hold me over until next year.

Honestly.. I knew what was going to happen in regards to the battle. The events at Vesuvius were recorded. I knew about Oenemaus's likely death. I knew that they would be driven up Vesuvius only to repell down on vines to flank the encamped army. I knew Glabber was gonna suck steel, though I did not know he would do so literally.

Is it weird that I was actually cheering on Lucretia? Between her and Illythia I was rooting for Xena the whole way. Loved the two prong vengeance ending with all the melodramatic music.

Next season should be interesting too. There's a few different ways they can play it based on what we know, and I think I have a hunch which way they'll play it.

I could still do without all the bad looking fake blood and terrible CGI though.

arrowheadnation 04-01-2012 01:22 PM

Hoping they bring back Illythia and her tight rack next season.

Frazod 04-01-2012 01:26 PM

I'm not sure the baby's dead, either. I thought I heard crying after Lucretia fell.

Hell, for all we know Lucretia survived the fall as well. The bitch is hard to kill.

Buehler445 04-01-2012 05:31 PM

Wow. End.

I really thought this season would suck big green donkey dick. It was amazing. Maybe not as good as blood and sand but I think it is better than gods.

vailpass 04-02-2012 11:22 AM

Lucy Lawless is/was nails. For me the season got a little better in the second half. Glabber was portrayed really well, loved the marriage reunion of the two "monsters". I enjoyed the storyline though for me it was the weakest of the three seasons by a pretty good margin. The chick slaying Ashur was ridiculous.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8511522)
Lucy Lawless is/was nails. For me the season got a little better in the second half. Glabber was portrayed really well, loved the marriage reunion of the two "monsters". I enjoyed the storyline though for me it was the weakest of the three seasons by a pretty good margin. The chick slaying Ashur was ridiculous.

I cringed watching that. In a this is reeruned way.

Jawshco 04-02-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8511522)

I liked this season better than Gods of the Arena. I think there were a few episodes that were really good- like the destruction of the Arena, and few that were poor, but overall I think it will be one of the most memorable.

Nivea facing Ashur was good because, since she's not noted in history- I really wasn't sure how it would end. Crixus doesn't die in this battle, so if he was fighting Ashur there would be no tension. Plus, it really fit as good way to end the internal conflict she's been facing.

MMXcalibur 04-10-2012 12:47 AM

Just finished watching a marathon of Spartacus, and wow....standing ovation here. What a series (with more to come!)

Lucy Lawless' character was perfectly done and the ending had me on pins and needles not necessarily due to the Spartacus/Glaber duel, but rather the Lucretia/Illythia climax. The speech of bringing a child to Quintus right before plunging off the cliff backwards....amazing stuff.

As stated previously though, the whole Ashur/Nivea duel was painful to watch. I was secretly hoping that Ashur would simply plunge a sword in Nivea or toss her off the cliff, if only to ensure that he didn't go out the sappy way he did. It would have made him a more memorable and hated villain, in my opinion.

Silock 04-11-2012 12:53 AM

I'm still bummed about losing Mira. ****.

Buehler445 04-11-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8532385)
I'm still bummed about losing Mira. ****.

This. Uncool. But it fit.

Tribal Warfare 01-25-2013 11:09 PM

A season premiere without an orgy in the show is like salt being absent in the sea.