ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is it time to replace Arrowhead with a dome? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279866)

GloryDayz 11-13-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13890877)
This was the "concept drawing" that was shown to voters in 2007. It was like a big clear tent over Arrowhead. Jackson County voters said, uh....no.

"I" said yes, and I still would.

TEX 11-13-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13890572)
Used to say no... But now I'd lean towards yeah. As of now, it's pretty much impossible to take a family with younger kids to a game after October. That's my reason for saying yeah now
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course you say,"yeah." Again, what's it like to be on the wrong side of every issue?

TEX 11-13-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13890962)
"I" said yes, and I still would.

I kinda like it also.

TEX 11-13-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13889752)
why

Because.

ChiefsFanatic 11-13-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13890437)
I used to be a "football is played in the elements" guy but the game is different and will continue to change. It's faster, it requires perfect timing, and health is at an absolute premium. I'd rather watch two great offenses play in ideal conditions than a mud pit or a snowstorm (as fun as that Bills-Colts game seemed last season).

If the Chiefs had a retractable or rolling roof, I'd want them to keep it open as much as possible... but if the weather is extreme enough to adversely affect play, close that baby up.

I don't necessarily want a dome, but I can no longer enjoy November and December games. Something retractable would be the best case scenario. I know there was talk about a roof that could be moved to cover either Arrowhead or The K.

I don't care if people give me crap about not wanting to freeze my ass off, because I have done it too many times in the past. And sitting in front of my 4K 60" television is a much better experience than putting on 4 layers of clothes, reducing my ability to relieve myself in a timely manner, and still freezing my ass off.

It's even worse after a loss because the mile long hike back to the car really, really sucks after a loss, and especially sucks walking a mile while freezing after a playoff loss. I just can't do that anymore.

The only winter game that I will ever attend without a roof over Arrowhead is an AFC Championship game.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TEX 11-13-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 11512489)
Lots of money for a team that doesn't play much in January.

LMAO "Its just football " Tool. Especially when your team sucks!

TEX 11-13-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13891065)
I don't necessarily want a dome, but I can no longer enjoy November and December games. Something retractable would be the best case scenario. I know there was talk about a roof that could be moved to cover either Arrowhead or The K.

I don't care if people give me crap about not wanting to freeze my ass off, because I have done it too many times in the past. And sitting in front of my 4K 60" television is a much better experience than putting on 4 layers of clothes, reducing my ability to relieve myself in a timely manner, and still freezing my ass off.

It's even worse after a loss because the mile long hike back to the car really, really sucks after a loss, and especially sucks walking a mile while freezing after a playoff loss. I just can't do that anymore.

The only winter game that I will ever attend without a roof over Arrowhead is an AFC Championship game.

Good for you and your 4k 60" TV!

007 11-13-2018 11:11 PM

I can do it either way. I do agree with the people saying **** the K in July August.

stevieray 11-13-2018 11:17 PM

No Roof
No downtown stadium
No uni changes.

GloryDayz 11-14-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13891065)

Quality post. And I certainly don't buy drinks inside the stadium in the winter, peeing when everybody has four layers is long and sucks. But I doubt Clark is listening, he's got his profit ear muffs on.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

tmax63 11-14-2018 08:11 AM

The only thing worse that 4 layers of clothes is only having three layers of dick. Thank God this is CP and everyone is hung like Ron Jeremy.

Iconic 11-14-2018 08:34 AM

It's not even a philosophical argument about how football should be played. Dome teams are at a disadvantage, and do not play as well when forced to play in open stadiums. So do what's best for the team and prepare them for any and all variables. Get them used to playing in the elements that way when January comes they aren't bitching about the cold in Foxborough or Heinz or whatever stupid theoretical open stadium they may have to play in.

King_Chief_Fan 11-14-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13891282)
It's not even a philosophical argument about how football should be played. Dome teams are at a disadvantage, and do not play as well when forced to play in open stadiums. So do what's best for the team and prepare them for any and all variables. Get them used to playing in the elements that way when January comes they aren't bitching about the cold in Foxborough or Heinz or whatever stupid theoretical open stadium they may have to play in.

End of thread

GloryDayz 11-14-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13891282)

They can practice outside all they want to prep for outside games...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ice_Fields.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-15-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13890877)
This was the "concept drawing" that was shown to voters in 2007. It was like a big clear tent over Arrowhead. Jackson County voters said, uh....no.

Overkill.

As time goes by, it's fun to watch the CP warriors moving past 40 go from "HELL NO" to "HELL MAYBE"!

LMAO

It's time to take up a study filled with stats and stats and stats! Let's find out just how effective the "weather teams" are against their domed competitors.