ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peacock exclusive playoff game is stupid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351714)

Bearcat 01-08-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17325571)
A blank screen is infinitely preferable to pretty much any commercial on TV.

Dish started preventing you from muting or skipping though commercialson their app a while back before I dumped their ****faces (of course, you could at least mute your device).... surprised that's not more of a thing, but probably the future.

ChiliConCarnage 01-08-2024 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17325492)
Well, I just went ahead and bit the bullet and subscribed.

Yeah, I feel dirty.

Let's hope you don't watch and enjoy something. The horror! :p

Frazod 01-08-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 17325615)
Let's hope you don't watch and enjoy something. The horror! :p

Yeah, I'll try not to. :D

BigRichard 01-09-2024 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17325543)
That's like boycotting Ticketmaster or many other monopolies... you can hope 20 million people do the same thing, or else you're just the stubborn one missing out on something you enjoy.

Do they have you by the balls if you want to watch the Chiefs? Yes.

Will that change in the future? Highly, highly doubtful.

You can still watch the damn game. There are other avenues to watch it for free. It just might not be the normal pleasant experience you would with Peacock.

PAChiefsGuy 01-09-2024 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17325543)
That's like boycotting Ticketmaster or many other monopolies... you can hope 20 million people do the same thing, or else you're just the stubborn one missing out on something you enjoy.

Do they have you by the balls if you want to watch the Chiefs? Yes.

Will that change in the future? Highly, highly doubtful.

I always felt like boycotts are more about principle than any concrete result.

Im just gonna go to a sports bar but I would be doing that regardless. Still, def not a fan of this streaming shit but it's just a reality of the world we live in nowadays.

Katipan 01-09-2024 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17325140)
I mean, does Peacock think people will pay them $5.99 for a month and then go "You know, they did such a good job with that football game, I think I'll keep it and watch some TV Shows and movies"?

Hopefully fans outside of KC and Miami boycott that shit..

They are counting on most people forgetting to cancel.
I bet most people do.

Present company excluded of course.

chiefzilla1501 01-09-2024 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17325889)
I always felt like boycotts are more about principle than any concrete result.

Im just gonna go to a sports bar but I would be doing that regardless. Still, def not a fan of this streaming shit but it's just a reality of the world we live in nowadays.

I don't think boycotting will work. I do believe many casuals will just choose not to watch. My friends who are fans of other teams will not watch. They love football and will watch most playoff games, but they're not going to go through the hassle to pay for this. Let's be real if this were any other playoff game most of us will choose not to watch. And that's just such a bizarre move for a game that has so much intrigue

PAChiefsGuy 01-09-2024 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17325909)
I don't think boycotting will work. I do believe many casuals will just choose not to watch. My friends who are fans of other teams will not watch. They love football and will watch most playoff games, but they're not going to go through the hassle to pay for this. Let's be real if this were any other playoff game most of us will choose not to watch. And that's just such a bizarre move for a game that has so much intrigue

As I said I don't believe boycotting in this case is about working to achieve some type of result. It's about principle. Plenty of people will do it and I don't blame them.

People can always check the highlights.

HemiEd 01-09-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17325894)
They are counting on most people forgetting to cancel.
I bet most people do.

Present company excluded of course.

I am actually looking forward to cancelling it. This proliferation of streaming channels is just getting out of hand, but this is obviously the direction they are heading.

Three years ago CBS started pulling their feed from DTV and
Dish during the season and it motivated me to upgrade our antennas. Now I prefer to watch programming off of the antenna since the picture is so good and actually significantly better than streaming or the satellite options.

displacedinMN 01-09-2024 09:03 AM

Agreed with HemiEd. Anything local, I do with an antenna. AND there is no lag. I am close enough to the transmitters that I started with a paper clip or small thin wire in the antenna port to get stations. As more have been added, have purchased decent antennas, especially for the basement.

007 01-09-2024 09:18 AM

Before long everyone will need a subscription to nfl plus, paramount, peacock, espn plus, Amazon, and hulu to watch games.

HemiEd 01-09-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17325983)
Agreed with HemiEd. Anything local, I do with an antenna. AND there is no lag. I am close enough to the transmitters that I started with a paper clip or small thin wire in the antenna port to get stations. As more have been added, have purchased decent antennas, especially for the basement.

You are fortunate being close to the transmitters.:thumb:
Yeah, it has been quite a journey for us, being about 60 miles from the stations.
I have evolved as the need has increased to having three antennas of high quality going now.
One for the Firetv recast box, one for the guest bedrooms and one for mine and the Mrs. sets.
The more sets you have hooked up to an antenna, the more the division of signal strength

I went the route with amplifiers and pole rotators. but that ended up sucking. Had one with rotation built in, but it is now on a shelf in the garage as it was a POS.

Granted, even with 23 channels received, there is no Netflix, Amazon, Max etc., we still have to stream those. But the Mrs. gets her network programs and there is a lot of interesting, fun programming, like 2 1/2 men reruns. :D

Frazod 01-09-2024 09:37 AM

Just noticed the first really shitty thing about Peacock. I noticed last night that they had old Law and Order episodes, but when I checked it out I found that they only have the last few seasons.

No Angie Harmon or Jill Hennessy? **** you! :cuss:

ChiTown 01-09-2024 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 17325996)
Before long everyone will need a subscription to nfl plus, paramount, peacock, espn plus, Amazon, and hulu to watch games.

I stream most of what I watch, except sports. So, it's really just a matter of time before all sports will be streamed as well. It is what it is.

DaFace 01-09-2024 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 17325996)

And yet all of those combined would still be far less expensive than a typical cable subscription, which is necessary to watch Monday Night Football alone.