ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

blaise 02-28-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8404556)
Yeah good point, perhaps poor / lazy script?

That seems to happen a lot. They were all over the sanitation department property, fighting, shouting and making noise. But the broken window just causes the zombies to come running.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404559)
That seems to happen a lot. They were all over the sanitation department property, fighting, shouting and making noise. But the broken window just causes the zombies to come running.

Not to mention Daryl riding around on that loud ass motorcycle in past episodes ROFL

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404559)

Yeah. The zombies were obviously locked up in that building, but they would have been at that window clamoring to get out with all the noise they were making outside. It was still a cool moment when he broke that window and you just knew what was about to happen, but it wasn't very consistent with zombie behavior we've seen up to this point.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 08:38 AM

lots of open cuts and wounds not to pick up the zombie infection.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404588)
Yeah. The zombies were obviously locked up in that building, but they would have been at that window clamoring to get out with all the noise they were making outside. It was still a cool moment when he broke that window and you just knew what was about to happen, but it wasn't very consistent with zombie behavior we've seen up to this point.

They would have just smashed through it, really. That one shoved his face through Laurie's windshield.
But whatever. I liked the episode. The women on the farm scenes didn't bother me like they did some. You need those scenes to give the other scenes some punch.

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404606)

I'm pretty sure an explanation for that will be revealed.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404606)

If the rumors are true, they are all already infected and you only turn Zombie when you die. Doesnt matter how you die.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404624)
I'm pretty sure an explanation for that will be revealed.

Yeah, it seems like it was almost intentional, with all the cuts. When you consider Shane's comment about no bites on the guards, it seemed to all be done as foreshadowing.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8404628)
If the rumors are true, they are all already infected and you only turn Zombie when you die. Doesnt matter how you die.

If you get bit and don't die, you turn into a zombie. That also doesn't explain all the dead bodies in the cars that they found in season 1.

I don't think the explanation will hold water. Oh well.

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8403990)
Wonder if he'll make a change, or if he'll revert back to his old ways. Also, wonder how he'll react when he hears about the stupid shit Andrea pulled.

in the preview for next week Shane's talking about taking leadership from Rick. seems like same ole same ole...

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404216)
Someone threw an idea out there that I don't think we've ever seen in any zombie film or show.

Just to toss this out there we're assuming everyone is infected and you rise from the dead no matter how you die.

What happens if Lori's baby dies? I mean she's all stressed out and getting into car crashes and shit. Does it turn into a zombie and eat it's way out? That has to cross some kind of line that nobody on TV would be willing to cross right?

maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I had mentioned that IMO in most (OK maybe many? certainly not all) zombie movies if you die, not matter how, you come back. you aren't saying that is the idea we've never seen in a zombie show are you? even in the original they start clawing thier way out of the grave in scene one.
man that baby scene in the Ving Rhames movie....holt shit!

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404639)
If you get bit and don't die, you turn into a zombie. That also doesn't explain all the dead bodies in the cars that they found in season 1.

I read an interview where they talked about all the dead bodies in the car. The writer basically said, "We have an internally consistent logic to all of this that will be revealed as the plot progresses."

frankotank 02-28-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404485)
Just thinking of that horrible ending makes me so ****in' mad.

The real ending to I am legend is brilliant. That was hollywood garbage they tossed together after test audiences hated the original (and far more awesome) ending. Grrrrrr.

OK....what IS the real ending?? I wanna know!

by the way...the movie ending of The Mist left me wanting to smash something. that is NOT how the book ends. stupid stupid stupid ending. just ****ing AWEFUL! you should be ashamed S King.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:59 AM

It seems like the zombies are decomposing, so I would think if you could wait them out for a few years they would start just breaking down to the point of being immobile.

NewChief 02-28-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404670)
It seems like the zombies are decomposing, so I would think if you could wait them out for a few years they would start just breaking down to the point of being immobile.

Right. Unless anytime someone dies, bitten by a zombie or not, they turn into a zombie. That would make for a situation where there are constantly fresh zombies (though the living population is so depleted at this point, there will be far fewer than at the outbreak). They also said that explains why some zombies are more mobile and aggressive. The more decomposed ones are the crawlers and such. The fresher ones are the ones that can move pretty quick and swarm.

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404650)
maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I had mentioned that IMO in most (OK maybe many? certainly not all) zombie movies if you die, not matter how, you come back. you aren't saying that is the idea we've never seen in a zombie show are you? even in the original they start clawing thier way out of the grave in scene one.
man that baby scene in the Ving Rhames movie....holt shit!

No, I'm talking about a mostly developed fetus eating it's way out of a pregnant mother. I hadn't seen the movie that was discussed.

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404669)

by the way...the movie ending of The Mist left me wanting to smash something. that is NOT how the book ends. stupid stupid stupid ending. just ****ing AWEFUL! you should be ashamed S King.

They followed the ending from the Novel.

Spoiler!

NewChief 02-28-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404710)

Spoiler!

Wow. I never knew that, and I pride myself on knowing that kind of geeky shit. That's a much, much better ending.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404676)
Right. Unless anytime someone dies, bitten by a zombie or not, they turn into a zombie. That would make for a situation where there are constantly fresh zombies (though the living population is so depleted at this point, there will be far fewer than at the outbreak).

If thats the case then Shane/Andrea, Glen/Maggie need to get to work and help repopulate.

Huffmeister 02-28-2012 10:07 AM

So what was the significance of the lone zombie in the field? Was Shane relating to it, thinking that he needed to be on his own? That point went over my head.

Also, the first time we saw the zombie in the field was when they were driving out to drop the guy off. So when driving away from the farm, the field was on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction they were traveling. Then later, they're headed toward the farm, but the field is still on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction that they're traveling.

I'm sure it's a fluke, but just something I noticed.

blaise 02-28-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8404820)
So what was the significance of the lone zombie in the field? Was Shane relating to it, thinking that he needed to be on his own? That point went over my head.

Also, the first time we saw the zombie in the field was when they were driving out to drop the guy off. So when driving away from the farm, the field was on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction they were traveling. Then later, they're headed toward the farm, but the field is still on the passenger side, with the zombie walking in the direction that they're traveling.

I think it was just to show they've sort of come to accept them as part of life. They didn't pull over to kill it, they didn't remark on it. It didn't cause them alarm. It was just like, "Oh, another Walker." Like it was a deer or something.

Gonzo 02-28-2012 11:46 AM

I think Shane's going to drive back, capture that Walker in the field and turn it loose on the farm to rid himself of a bunch of lame assholes.

lcarus 02-28-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8404820)

I'm sure it's a fluke, but just something I noticed.

Maybe the zombie just wandered around in a big circle. I doubt he was headed to an important business luncheon or anything.

frankotank 02-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404710)

Spoiler!

nice.
Spoiler!

beach tribe 02-28-2012 03:14 PM

Anyone have a link where I can watch the newest episode.
Don't feel like waiting for it to download.

beach tribe 02-28-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8404639)

Here's another problem that I've always had with my beloved dead plot. Why when people get killed they almost always come back with like one chunk bitten out when they should have their bones cleaned, but ya know, it's fiction and all. Not gonna let the details spoil it for me.

lcarus 02-28-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8405557)
Here's another problem that I've always had with my beloved dead plot. Why when people get killed they almost always come back with like one chunk bitten out when they should have their bones cleaned, but ya know, it's fiction and all. Not gonna let the details spoil it for me.

I agree. There should be more almost-skeleton-zombies. It would not only make more sense to the overall zombie plot, but it would be effing awesome would it not!

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 03:50 PM

Just find a good sized island. Problems solved.

Dartgod 02-28-2012 03:50 PM

I thought Rick was going to shoot the kid to use as bait to draw the zombies away from Shane. Essentially the same thing that Shane did to Otis.

lcarus 02-28-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8405601)
Just find a good sized island. Problems solved.

Or a good sized mall? Wait...that didn't work out too well for them did it...

frankotank 02-28-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8405606)
I thought Rick was going to shoot the kid to use as bait to draw the zombies away from Shane. Essentially the same thing that Shane did to Otis.

even my WIFE was like.....they gotta kill that kid!
and seriously....if you mentally put yourself in that exact situation (far out there as it is)....my wife and kid are back at the farm and this guy knows where we're staying....I'd have to kill him. it would suck, but it would have to be done. Shane is right. Rick is wrong.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 03:57 PM

If the kid knew Maggie and Herschel why didn't he say hello to them at the farmhouse?

If Rick and Shane were so worried about the kid why not keep him blindfolded the entire time and not see anything?

frankotank 02-28-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8405609)
Or a good sized mall? Wait...that didn't work out too well for them did it...

actually, if you'll remember....the island didn't work out either. at the end they come walking out of the water. DOH! zombies don't need boats!

blaise 02-28-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8405626)
actually, if you'll remember....the island didn't work out either. at the end they come walking out of the water. DOH! zombies don't need boats!

The one with Dennis Hopper? That was a river, though. I think. Those zombies gained intelligence, too.
If they could somehow get out to Jekyll Island it would probably be far enough out to keep zombies from getting out there.

lcarus 02-28-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Yeah I forgot about that. In the original Dawn of the Dead didn't they just fly off in the chopper and that was the end? I know in the remake they went to the island.

KC_Lee 02-28-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8405641)
Yeah I forgot about that. In the original Dawn of the Dead didn't they just fly off in the chopper and that was the end? I know in the remake they went to the island.

I think they went to an island in Day of the Dead, could be wrong though.

blaise 02-28-2012 04:19 PM

There's one movie where it's supposed to be like Pittsburgh and they use the rivers as a barrier, and make a fence for the land-locked side.
Then there's a movie where they're on an island off Delaware or something, and there's a guy there that's trained zombies to serve him dinner and stuff. That one is a spinoff of the Diary of the Dead, I think.

Gonzo 02-28-2012 05:00 PM

70's and 80's Zombie movies are so cheesy but I love them.

Ceej 02-28-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8405654)
There's one movie where it's supposed to be like Pittsburgh and they use the rivers as a barrier, and make a fence for the land-locked side.
Then there's a movie where they're on an island off Delaware or something, and there's a guy there that's trained zombies to serve him dinner and stuff. That one is a spinoff of the Diary of the Dead, I think.

The one with barriers and barricades is Land of the Dead.

The other one doesn't ring a bell.

Any zombie movie questions and I'm your guy. LMAO

Ceej 02-28-2012 05:10 PM

I always wondered why people who were running from zombies just didn't go on their roof.

I mean obviously it's a terrible idea during rainy and/or cold weather.

But, grab some supplies, and a ladder and you're set.

Just take the ladder up with you when you're on the roof.

KcMizzou 02-28-2012 05:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Mo6C6up1Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zebedee DuBois 02-28-2012 06:38 PM

I've only been following the zombie phenomena for a couple years, and don't know all the lore, so I have some confusion about their physiology.

1. Given that they are dead re-animated beings, whose flesh is necrotic and all internal functions have all ceased, other than the nervous system which can still crudely get the muscles to work facilitating locomotion....how or why are they motivated to feed? Eating may put food in the stomach, but the nonfunctioning circulatory system is not taking nutrients to the brain or muscles. It seems a pointless exercise, other than for the sake of terror. What is their motivation for food?
2.) My impression is that zombies eat the living, and only the living. They don't eat each other, they don't go to the supermarket meat counter - they desire the flesh of the living. But once they start chomping, the living quickly becomes the deceased. How long are we palatable to the zombie? Do we cease being yummy once we quit wiggling and screaming?

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404669)

the dvd showed the real ending.. And he is correct, much better..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8405737)
70's and 80's Zombie movies are so cheesy but I love them.

Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2, now they did zombies right.. Now the rest of the series is dogshit though..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8405763)
The one with barriers and barricades is Land of the Dead.

The other one doesn't ring a bell.

Any zombie movie questions and I'm your guy. LMAO

It is called Survival of the Dead, actually Romero movie.. ****ing horrible..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8405772)
I always wondered why people who were running from zombies just didn't go on their roof.

For how long?? Eventually you have to come down.. Supplies are limited, and the longer you are up there, the more zombies would surround your house..

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406029)
Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2, now they did zombies right.. Now the rest of the series is dogshit though..

Only thing they had right were boobies.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 8405950)
I've only been following the zombie phenomena for a couple years, and don't know all the lore, so I have some confusion about their physiology.

1. Given that they are dead re-animated beings, whose flesh is necrotic and all internal functions have all ceased, other than the nervous system which can still crudely get the muscles to work facilitating locomotion....how or why are they motivated to feed? Eating may put food in the stomach, but the nonfunctioning circulatory system is not taking nutrients to the brain or muscles. It seems a pointless exercise, other than for the sake of terror. What is their motivation for food?
2.) My impression is that zombies eat the living, and only the living. They don't eat each other, they don't go to the supermarket meat counter - they desire the flesh of the living. But once they start chomping, the living quickly becomes the deceased. How long are we palatable to the zombie? Do we cease being yummy once we quit wiggling and screaming?

1. Depends on the zombie film, zombies could be from necromancing, virus, alien, military or biblical.. I like military and a virus that stops most of the decaying, kind of like return of the night of the living dead films.. As for food, started as brains, something with the chemicals in the brain.

2. Again depends on the zombie movie, original most of the foreign films that started the zombie craze had them eat different things. Flys and birds were the carrier for one zombie movie, I think Zombi3, like a late 60s movie.. Also, generally most zombie films state that the virus is only harmful to humans..

I really need to quit ****ing around so much and write my story.. I think I could make a decent tv show..

I will try and find it, but there is a decent British zombie films where only the females turn into zombies.. violence + humor..

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406042)
For how long?? Eventually you have to come down.. Supplies are limited, and the longer you are up there, the more zombies would surround your house..

And as more show up they would be able to climb over each other and eventually make it to the roof.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406056)
Only thing they had right were boobies.

Some of the visuals were top notch.. The zombies in canisters.. Hell most B movies today cant even get a 1/10 of that level..

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406060)
1. Depends on the zombie film, zombies could be from necromancing, virus, alien, military or biblical.. I like military and a virus that stops most of the decaying, kind of like return of the night of the living dead films.. As for food, started as brains, something with the chemicals in the brain.

2. Again depends on the zombie movie, original most of the foreign films that started the zombie craze had them eat different things. Flys and birds were the carrier for one zombie movie, I think Zombi3, like a late 60s movie.. Also, generally most zombie films state that the virus is only harmful to humans..

I really need to quit ****ing around so much and write my story.. I think I could make a decent tv show..

I will try and find it, but there is a decent British zombie films where only the females turn into zombies.. violence + humor..

I tried watching The Fade and couldn't finish it.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406069)
I tried watching The Fade and couldn't finish it.

Really??

I loved it, I like slow building shows sometimes.. I thought it was very different, especially for American audiences..

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8405595)
I agree. There should be more almost-skeleton-zombies. It would not only make more sense to the overall zombie plot, but it would be effing awesome would it not!

I mean that would be cool, but how would they move?

I mean we're stretching believablity with the whole zombie thing in the first place... if skeletons start walking around you can only assume it's black magic. :D

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406029)

Those movies were borderline parodies with god awful acting across the board. The only notable contribution was 'braaaaaaaaaiiiiins"

Hilarious? Yes. Awesome... no.

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406077)
Really??

I loved it, I like slow building shows sometimes.. I thought it was very different, especially for American audiences..

I have been very ADD lately. Maybe I will try watching it again sometime when I can put time into it.

penguinz 02-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8406098)
I mean that would be cool, but how would they move?

I mean we're stretching believablity with the whole zombie thing in the first place... if skeletons start walking around you can only assume it's black magic. :D

Or you are watching Army of Darkness. ;)

penguinz 02-28-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8406103)
Those movies were borderline parodies with god awful acting across the board. The only notable contribution was 'braaaaaaaaaiiiiins"

Russo thought his plans for the dead franchise was better than Romero's. He could not have been more wrong.

Other than nudity and braaaaa!iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnsss!

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406133)

It's my BOOMstick!

Ceej 02-28-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406061)
And as more show up they would be able to climb over each other and eventually make it to the roof.

how often have we seen zombies climb over each other like it was a concert at Woodstock?

penguinz 02-28-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8406412)
how often have we seen zombies climb over each other like it was a concert at Woodstock?

Zombie survival guide

cabletech94 02-28-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406498)
Zombie survival guide

max brooks?

winning!:clap:

aturnis 02-28-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8405620)
even my WIFE was like.....they gotta kill that kid!
and seriously....if you mentally put yourself in that exact situation (far out there as it is)....my wife and kid are back at the farm and this guy knows where we're staying....I'd have to kill him. it would suck, but it would have to be done. Shane is right. Rick is wrong.

B/c there is no way he could become a functioning member of the group? I understand not trusting the guy, but you've already gone this far, why not give him a chance?

aturnis 02-28-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

They didn't come walking out of the water, they had already overtaken the island. Realistically, they could have killed all the Zombies on the island, and been fine.

Fish 02-29-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8405508)
Anyone have a link where I can watch the newest episode.
Don't feel like waiting for it to download.

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2490619-The-Walking-Dead

blaise 02-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8406678)
They didn't come walking out of the water, they had already overtaken the island. Realistically, they could have killed all the Zombies on the island, and been fine.

There is one movie where they just drop into a river and then walk along the bottom, because they obviously can't drown. But they couldn't do that in the ocean. It's not like they could have a good enough sense of direction to walk on the ocean floor and find an island.
Your biggest threat would be from other surviving humans who wanted to get on the island.

jiveturkey 02-29-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8407001)
There is one movie where they just drop into a river and then walk along the bottom, because they obviously can't drown. But they couldn't do that in the ocean. It's not like they could have a good enough sense of direction to walk on the ocean floor and find an island.
Your biggest threat would be from other surviving humans who wanted to get on the island.

The ocean walkers would be more of a random threat.

In World War Z they mention giant herds just walking along the bottom of the ocean. If that herd randomly walked up on your island you'd be ****ed. Having a boat would help. Leave the island for a couple of days while they walk off the opposite side of the island back into the ocean.

WhiteWhale 02-29-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8407048)

In World War Z they mention giant herds just walking along the bottom of the ocean. If that herd randomly walked up on your island you'd be ****ed. Having a boat would help. Leave the island for a couple of days while they walk off the opposite side of the island back into the ocean.

So we're assuming all the fish in the ocean are dead right?

Cos if they're not, I'm not worried.

KC_Lee 02-29-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8406103)

"This isn't a costume it's a way of life man!!"

Great quote.

frankotank 02-29-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

the movie I'm thinking of....they absolutely came walking up out of the water. absolutely. as someone mentioned I do think it may have been a river. there was this black zombie who was smart and was kind of like their leader. may have been the same one Dennis Hopper was in....not sure.

frankotank 02-29-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

hey! just dawned on me....I remember what you are talking about. they pull up to the dock at an island thinking it's all good....and zombies come. yeah you're right....coulda zapped 'em all. but would more come walking up outta the water??

aturnis 02-29-2012 09:43 AM

Alright. I thought we were still talking about the "Dawn of the Dead" from a few years back. Where they held up in the mall, then got the guys boat to head for the island. My bad.

frankotank 02-29-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406133)

ahh. good movie. loved the Evil Dead II - the precurser to Army. when he's cutting off his own hand yelling maniacally "WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!" just cracks me up. for such a cheesy campy horror flick the monsters were actually pretty cool.

aturnis 02-29-2012 09:48 AM

I must admit, I'm not up on my zombie movies like I should be. The thought of zombies walking under water never occurred to me. I've never been a fan of low budget movies with bad acting, it might help if you are all put together a list of consensus must see zombie flicks. In fact, I'm gonna needvthat on my desk by tomorrow morning. Yeah...... That'd be great.

Pants 02-29-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8407048)

Heh. Wouldn't the immense pressure found on the ocean floor just crush the zombies?

aturnis 02-29-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8407160)
Heh. Wouldn't the immense pressure found on the ocean floor just crush the zombies?

Either that, or the vast ocean life would eat them. Think that's why most only subscribe to the river-bottom walkers. I'd think a strong current would take care of them though.

jiveturkey 02-29-2012 09:55 AM

The pressure argument is a good one. Didn't think of that.

kaplin42 02-29-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8407125)
the movie I'm thinking of....they absolutely came walking up out of the water. absolutely. as someone mentioned I do think it may have been a river. there was this black zombie who was smart and was kind of like their leader. may have been the same one Dennis Hopper was in....not sure.

Land of the Dead, as mentioned before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8405772)

This is a decent idea for immediate saftey. And, if you live in a place where rooftops are very close to one another so that you could easily jump from one to the other one, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. However, in a place where your selected rooftop is the only one that you can access, then its pretty much a death sentence. Sooner or later you will have to leave, and zombies will have been piling up for days.

You would be much better off, as mentioned in the Zombie Survival Guide, picking a 2+ story building and destroying the stairs from the first floor to the second floor so that zombies can't get to the upper levels.

seaofred 02-29-2012 09:59 AM

How would the zombies walk on the bottom of the river? wouldn't they keep floating up to the top and the current push them down river?

penguinz 02-29-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8407149)
ahh. good movie. loved the Evil Dead II - the precurser to Army. when he's cutting off his own hand yelling maniacally "WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!" just cracks me up. for such a cheesy campy horror flick the monsters were actually pretty cool.

Another remake of Evil Dead will be out next year.

kaplin42 02-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8407172)
Either that, or the vast ocean life would eat them. Think that's why most only subscribe to the river-bottom walkers. I'd think a strong current would take care of them though.

Agreed. Plus currents, and or natural barriers such as reefs or trenches would really be the end of that sceneraio.

To be honest, one of the safest places I can think of is on a large house boat in the middle of a very deep lake. You would have saftey from walkers, lots of fresh water, fresh fish, and you could grow your own veggies in little gardens.

If you had a desalinizer, then sub lake for ocean and be 1000x times safer. Only the weather would be a real conern at that point.