ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329927)

OKchiefs 04-05-2020 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14887629)
The hatred for Breeland Speaks continues to amaze me.

He was horribly mis-positioned by Sutton in his only campaign and blew out his knee last year.

He still showed flashes of potential and fits 1000% better in this defensive system than the one he struggled in.

Ya oh Kpassagnon looked even more lost in Sutton’s system and was a productive role player. As long as Speaks’ rehab went well, it is reasonable to believe he can be a good player, just like KPass.

Kpass at least has always had excellent athleticism, he was just incredibly raw. Speaks was an awful draft pick from day 1. He has no attributes in particular that stand out. I'm glad the 2019 draft was a huge success because aside from Nnadi the 2018 draft was absolutely awful. It didn't really seem like Veach and the rest of the front office were prepared at all in 2018.

Buckweath 04-05-2020 06:18 AM

Expectations for Speaks should be low at this point but you cannot call him a bust. There is some hope but if he becomes just serviceable or if he outright fails, no one should be shocked.

arrowheadnation 04-05-2020 06:51 AM

I wonder where LeSean McCoy will end up. It stunk that we couldn't have him active for the Super Bowl, but he sure didn't take it very well. I only found like one TV interview with him in the locker room after the game and he wasn't wearing any of the championship gear (hat or tshirt). He had on a Kobe jersey and the only remarks he made was about him dying...nothing about the game.

TRR 04-05-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14887206)
The Chiefs have already lost Ogbah in Free Agency and there's no guarantee that Okafor will be 100% by September.

If Suggs wants to play for Vet Minimum w/incentives, he'd be a fine addition to the Chiefs 2020 roster.

No guarantee Okafor will be 100% by Sep? That’s a 4 month recovery time max. He’s closing in on 100% right now.

With Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Speaks, and a potential draft pick at DE....I’d save the $ for a different position.

BigCatDaddy 04-05-2020 07:32 AM

How anyone can reach a conclusion on Speaks one way or another is beyond me. Way too little to go on right now.

duncan_idaho 04-05-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14888006)
Kpass at least has always had excellent athleticism, he was just incredibly raw. Speaks was an awful draft pick from day 1. He has no attributes in particular that stand out. I'm glad the 2019 draft was a huge success because aside from Nnadi the 2018 draft was absolutely awful. It didn't really seem like Veach and the rest of the front office were prepared at all in 2018.

Speaks is a tweener DL, who was
horribly miscast at an OLB in Sutton’s D. When give the chance to play with a hand on the ground and play like a traditional DL, he showed some flashes as a rookie.

No, he doesn’t have a specific calling card - he does a little bit of everything. That type of player can be really successful in this system as a strong side DE/rush DT.

TRR 04-05-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14888071)
How anyone can reach a conclusion on Speaks one way or another is beyond me. Way too little to go on right now.

I agree with this. However, I was overly disappointed in how ungodly out of shape he was coming into camp last year. A second year guy coming in that out of shape after seeing your team sign three veterans at your position? That doesn’t bode well.

Hoping he wakes up.

Chris Meck 04-05-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888121)
I agree with this. However, I was overly disappointed in how ungodly out of shape he was coming into camp last year. A second year guy coming in that out of shape after seeing your team sign three veterans at your position? That doesn’t bode well.

Hoping he wakes up.

well, kinda, yeah, but you have to consider:

He was drafted into the 3-4 and told to drop weight to play OLB. Then they shitcan Sutton and tell him to put the weight back on to play DL. So he kind of overdid it.

I mean, you know. It's not GREAT but it's not as bad as some people are making it out.

And with the early season injury, we don't really know what we've got there.

TRR 04-05-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14888127)

He was drafted into the 3-4 and told to drop weight to play OLB. Then they shitcan Sutton and tell him to put the weight back on to play DL. So he kind of overdid it.

I mean, you know. It's not GREAT but it's not as bad as some people are making it out.

I didn’t feel like he dropped any weight his rookie year to play OLB. Matter of fact I thought he looked heavier his rookie year than he did as a senior in college.

Either way you spin it, this picture is not good.

https://twitter.com/arrowheadlive/st...738235393?s=21

staylor26 04-05-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14888127)

What we do know is they had him higher on the depth chart than KPass before the injury, but everybody hates Speaks, so let’s just stick to the narrative that KPass is different and we can’t expect a huge jump from Speaks in year 3 in a scheme where he’s a much better fit.

nychief 04-05-2020 08:59 AM

Re: speaks. He is going to get a shot, it'll ostensibly be his second year, when/if training camp takes place. We've lost EO and others, so there is a need. Either he performs or he doesn't. I don't understand all the handwringing because he was 2nd rnd pick... The league is a meritocracy, generally...

On another note, isn't he suspended the first 4 games?

TRR 04-05-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14888145)
Re: speaks. He is going to get a shot, it'll ostensibly be his second year, when/if training camp takes place. We've lost EO and others, so there is a need. Either he performs or he doesn't. I don't understand all the handwringing because he was 2nd rnd pick... The league is a meritocracy, generally...

On another note, isn't he suspended the first 4 games?

No. He served them while injured. It basically amounted to a fine. Although there was no info given on what he tested positive for.

Chris Meck 04-05-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14888133)
What we do know is they had him higher on the depth chart than KPass before the injury, but everybody hates Speaks, so let’s just stick to the narrative that KPass is different and we can’t expect a huge jump from Speaks in year 3 in a scheme where he’s a much better fit.

I thought Kpass had a real shot to show something last season, and he did.

I think Speaks has a real shot to show something this season.

BigCatDaddy 04-05-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888130)
I didn’t feel like he dropped any weight his rookie year to play OLB. Matter of fact I thought he looked heavier his rookie year than he did as a senior in college.

Either way you spin it, this picture is not good.

https://twitter.com/arrowheadlive/st...738235393?s=21

Ehhh 6"3 300lb men don't have 6 packs. Ill reserve judgment for awhile.

TRR 04-05-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14888190)
Ehhh 6"3 300lb men don't have 6 packs. Ill reserve judgment for awhile.

Dude...the guy came in completely out of shape, and unmotivated. I’m with you though. Hopefully he can figure it out. This will be a critical year for Speaks.

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888056)
No guarantee Okafor will be 100% by Sep? That’s a 4 month recovery time max. He’s closing in on 100% right now.

Speculation

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888056)
With Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Speaks, and a potential draft pick at DE....I’d save the $ for a different position.

Vet minimum against the cap? You're concerned about saving Vet minimum against the salary cap?

I don't think you understand the NFL Salary Cap.

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888201)
Dude...the guy came in completely out of shape, and unmotivated.

So you're an expert on his motivation?

Please share with us how that works.

Thanks.

Chiefspants 04-05-2020 02:40 PM

Remember when KU football wanted all of their offensive and defensive lineman to cut weight and look lean? That worked out so, so well.

TRR 04-05-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14888551)
Speculation

Vet minimum against the cap? You're concerned about saving Vet minimum against the salary cap?

I don't think you understand the NFL Salary Cap.

Reality.

Rather save a vet minimum contract for another position.

TRR 04-05-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14888555)
So you're an expert on his motivation?

Please share with us how that works.

Thanks.

Not showing up to camp fat. Not hard.

Thanks.

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888980)
Reality.

Rather save a vet minimum contract for another position.

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Teams will still carry a 90 man roster into TC and only the Top 51 count towards the salary cap.

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888983)
Not showing up to camp fat. Not hard.

Thanks.

:facepalm:

TRR 04-05-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14888992)
What? That doesn't even make sense.

Teams will still carry a 90 man roster into TC and only the Top 51 count towards the salary cap.

It makes perfect sense. Suggs is no longer of value. More sense than a torn pec needing 9 months to heal. LMAO

TRR 04-05-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14888993)
:facepalm:

:thumb:

UChieffyBugger 04-05-2020 05:17 PM

If Clowney doesn't get a big deal...i wonder if he would be tempted to screw the league ala Boogie Cousins and take a cheaper one year deal with us to try and win a ring? Could yall imagine Clark, Jones and Clowney on our D-line? Would be crazy man :D

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14888996)
It makes perfect sense. Suggs is no longer of value. More sense than a torn pec needing 9 months to heal. LMAO

Again, :facepalm:

https://www.howardluksmd.com/orthope...don-treatment/

How Long Does Is Recovery From A Torn Pectoral Tendon?

Pectoralis tears generally heal very well. It can take at least 6 months until you are back in the gym and back to your normal routine. It can take a year or more until you have normal strength, although that might occur earlier in many of you.

----
While Okafor might be 100% when the season begins, there's no guarantee.

TRR 04-05-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14889025)
Again, :facepalm:

https://www.howardluksmd.com/orthope...don-treatment/

How Long Does Is Recovery From A Torn Pectoral Tendon?

Pectoralis tears generally heal very well. It can take at least 6 months until you are back in the gym and back to your normal routine. It can take a year or more until you have normal strength, although that might occur earlier in many of you.

----
While Okafor might be 100% when the season begins, there's no guarantee.

4 months. Not a full tear. Again :shake:

JJ Watt says hello.

DaneMcCloud 04-05-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 14889036)
4 months. Not a full tear. Again :shake:

JJ Watt says hello.

So, because JJ Watt came back early and was mostly ineffective, everyone that suffers that type of tear will have the same exact outcome?

:rolleyes:

Again, I said it was no guarantee that Okafor would be 100% by the start of TC, not that his career was over or that he necessarily would not be ready.

I'm done responding to your foolishness.

TRR 04-05-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14889113)
So, because JJ Watt came back early and was mostly ineffective, everyone that suffers that type of tear will have the same exact outcome?

:rolleyes:

Again, I said it was no guarantee that Okafor would be 100% by the start of TC, not that his career was over or that he necessarily would not be ready.

I'm done responding to your foolishness.

Have a fantastic evening.

MahomesMagic 04-06-2020 07:09 AM

This sounds like it could be up one NFL team's alley...

"As one club executive told me Friday, it’s unnerving to think there’s even a small possibility that one NFL team with a smart IT person could figure how to hack another team’s Zoom sessions on draft night."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

PHOG 04-06-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14889684)

"As one club executive told me Friday, it’s unnerving to think there’s even a small possibility that one NFL team with a smart IT person could figure how to hack another team’s Zoom sessions on draft night."

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26vIe...c&rid=200.webp

Hydrae 04-06-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Set up the connection with a password and it will alleviate most of those concerns. Nothing is 100% but that is the best advice related with the Zoom hacking issues that have been going around.

RealSNR 04-06-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Oh, it's from PFT. Interesting.

Almost as if Mike Florio has been raging against the NFL holding an online draft ever since they made the announcement. Raging against it just like he raged against Tyreek Hill not getting suspended this season.

Actually, I've been watching his segments with Chris Simms and (when he's on) Big Cat quite a bit. He's not bad. Just... when he gets all lawyerly and can't get off his moral high horse... hooo boy he's a vagina

duncan_idaho 04-06-2020 10:33 AM

Or, NFL teams can spend a laughably small amount of money to get set up with Webex or GoTo Meeting or even Microsoft Teams and run that stuff that way.

Zoom is garbage. It's easy to use and advertises itself well, but it's a piece of shit compared to the options I listed above. The only thing it does well is let everybody be visible on video chat at all once.

The league should look at Microsoft solutions. They're so in bed with them/Surfaces anyway, it makes sense. Teams or even the Stream app would work well and be secure-able.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 11:01 AM

The 2010s all decade team just came out.

Kelce, Mathieu, Berry and Hill (Punt Returner) made it

Mahomes will make it in the 2020s all decade team

Hoover 04-06-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Now I have never done an NFL Draft, but I have put together a number of high profile events that require secure data and and whatnot. Here is what I'd do.

Obvious Steps

1. Have the entire Chiefs facility professionally cleaned and disinfected. You should do this anyway.
2. Determine what staff are required to be on site for the draft.
3. Determine where they will be located in the facility to comply with self distancing regulations.
4. Establish a war room of only key individuals.

There is NOWAY in help I'm doing this on zoom, Ubercall, or anything else. This is going to be in my facility, using my infrastructure the team uses daily. If something breaks down, you can walk across the hall way and get your question answered. You can use a phone system that is already in place, backed up by personal cell phones

If you want to get serous...

Sequester key needed staff 14 days out of the draft on the grounds of the facility.
Clark can rent some motorhomes, buses, trailers, whatever, to make sure that the staff can gather for the the draft.

These NFL facilities are self contained compounds. They have professional kitchens, are very large, and are perfect to use for the draft.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14890027)
Zoom is garbage. It's easy to use and advertises itself well, but it's a piece of shit compared to the options I listed above. The only thing it does well is let everybody be visible on video chat at all once.

Zoom has security and privacy issues, which is why online classrooms are being bombarded by trolls while video calls have been routed through China.

And despite claiming the contrary, their end-to-end encryption of calls is non-existent.

It's trash.

RunKC 04-06-2020 01:02 PM

Late risers. Willie Gay Jr could be our first pick. Isaiah Wilson also projected to go rd 1 by a few GM’s

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wouldn’t be surprised if Miss State LB Willie Gay Jr goes in early 2nd round. His interviews have been really good and he’s extremely explosive on tape.</p>&mdash; Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1247210516822421504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14890333)
Late risers. Willie Gay Jr could be our first pick. Isaiah Wilson also projected to go rd 1 by a few GM’s

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wouldn’t be surprised if Miss State LB Willie Gay Jr goes in early 2nd round. His interviews have been really good and he’s extremely explosive on tape.</p>&mdash; Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1247210516822421504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope Patrick Queen is there but he’s projected to be taken by the Ravens who is 4 spots ahead of us

Chief Roundup 04-06-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14890333)

ROFL

staylor26 04-06-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14891294)
ROFL

What’s so funny?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14888731)
Remember when KU football wanted all of their offensive and defensive lineman to cut weight and look lean? That worked out so, so well.

But it's...Beaker football ROFL

srvy 04-06-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14890096)
Now I have never done an NFL Draft, but I have put together a number of high profile events that require secure data and and whatnot. Here is what I'd do.

Obvious Steps

1. Have the entire Chiefs facility professionally cleaned and disinfected. You should do this anyway.
2. Determine what staff are required to be on site for the draft.
3. Determine where they will be located in the facility to comply with self distancing regulations.
4. Establish a war room of only key individuals.

There is NOWAY in help I'm doing this on zoom, Ubercall, or anything else. This is going to be in my facility, using my infrastructure the team uses daily. If something breaks down, you can walk across the hall way and get your question answered. You can use a phone system that is already in place, backed up by personal cell phones

If you want to get serous...

Sequester key needed staff 14 days out of the draft on the grounds of the facility.
Clark can rent some motorhomes, buses, trailers, whatever, to make sure that the staff can gather for the the draft.

These NFL facilities are self contained compounds. They have professional kitchens, are very large, and are perfect to use for the draft.

I believe #1 should be well underway as I thought I read the Home and away locker rooms were to receive major renovations.

Chris Meck 04-07-2020 08:51 AM

anyway.

If old man Suggs wants to come back on a cheap deal, play a role and get another ring, I'd be happy to have him on board. Even at 38, he still has to be accounted for. And he's an excellent mentor/saavy veteran.

O.city 04-07-2020 09:56 AM

So what FA's are still available that could help the Chiefs.

Mecca 04-07-2020 10:01 AM

Always knew Gay was going to go much higher than some of these places have him projected.

As far as guys left that could be helpful.....

Breeland
Bradham
Jason Peters...

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-07-2020 10:05 AM

Since most draftees will not sign until July. Do they need the money to sign them. Available before the draft?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14891992)
Always knew Gay was going to go much higher than some of these places have him projected.

As far as guys left that could be helpful.....

Breeland
Bradham
Jason Peters...

Peters?? Did Fisher or Schwartz die? And before you say let’s move him to guard........ yea let’s take a OT who made the all decades team at OT and move him to a new position. CP is stupid at times

Mecca 04-07-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892033)
Peters?? Did Fisher or Schwartz die?

He's like 38 years old he might be game for playing guard for a SB team.

Chief Roundup 04-07-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14891309)
What’s so funny?

The thought that after everything that has been said about him by most of the "talking heads" here and everywhere else that Gay might go in the top of the 2cd would be ironic.

Mecca 04-07-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14892308)
The thought that after everything that has been said about him by most of the "talking heads" here and everywhere else that Gay might go in the top of the 2cd would be ironic.

There is a guy that's been doing a mock and updating it for over a month...he keeps giving him to the Chiefs at 32.

The reason he uses is, Willie Gay is a supreme talent, probably a top 10 guy on pure talent it's his red flags that are the issue, the Chiefs have never shied away from those guys.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14892321)
There is a guy that's been doing a mock and updating it for over a month...he keeps giving him to the Chiefs at 32.

The reason he uses is, Willie Gay is a supreme talent, probably a top 10 guy on pure talent it's his red flags that are the issue, the Chiefs have never shied away from those guys.

I just really want a LB. I miss DJ 😔

Chief Northman 04-08-2020 09:00 AM

Cuck Brady confirmed...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Brady telling <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardStern?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HowardStern</a> the story behind him no longer going to OTAs the past few years. Giselle wanted him to start carrying more of the load at home. “I had to check myself.” Says she “wasn’t satisfied with our marriage.”</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1247877523930841088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tyecopeland 04-17-2020 03:41 PM

Bears are releasing trey burton.

In58men 02-10-2021 12:41 PM

Unable to create the 2021 FA thread so I’ll leave this here

Broncos are releasing CB A.J. Bouye per source

ljmhawk 02-10-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15542960)
Unable to create the 2021 FA thread so I’ll leave this here

Broncos are releasing CB A.J. Bouye per source

sign him

Chief Roundup 02-10-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljmhawk (Post 15543013)
sign him

Too much money