ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

OmahaChief 12-06-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7230745)
Loved that finale.

Even cable can't afford good CGI. It's the plague of television.

That was one cheesy looking explosion. It was on par with Saturday Night live McGruber explosions.

btlook1 12-06-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 7230989)
What did the scientist say to Rick Grimes? Any ideas?

I'm betting he told him that his wife was preggo and that it wasn't his...he did take blood from all of them at the start.

Buck 12-06-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btlook1 (Post 7231824)
I'm betting he told him that his wife was preggo and that it wasn't his...he did take blood from all of them at the start.

OOOOH Good Guess

Pants 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

So are we just to assume that Merle is dead?

Buck 12-06-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7231848)
So are we just to assume that Merle is dead?

No. The Actor signed a deal to show up in Season 2 a few weeks back.

Pants 12-06-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7231859)
No. The Actor signed a deal to show up in Season 2 a few weeks back.

OH SNAP

Buck 12-06-2010 11:48 AM

To anyone who has watched the show but not read the comics, I suggest you do so.

The comics are better than the show was this year. Hopefully the TV show can step it up next year.

ToxSocks 12-06-2010 12:37 PM

The show has been kind of disappointing actually. I wasn't even excited for last night's finale. The first two episodes were good and then it got very.."meh".

I was hoping for more action.

blaise 12-06-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7232067)
The show has been kind of disappointing actually. I wasn't even excited for last night's finale. The first two episodes were good and then it got very.."meh".

I was hoping for more action.

I don't know if they thought anyone would watch it. I got the impression they had a budget to work with that limited some of what they could do.
I can't think of any other reason to basically leave the zombies out of it for huge chunks of time. I know they have to move the plot along, but I want to see zombies get blasted.

keg in kc 12-06-2010 12:57 PM

I've loved it. I'll take drama over exploding heads any day of the week. Getting to know those characters is what makes/will make losing them so poignant. And having more drama than action makes the action stand out even more when it does happen, like the night attack on the camp.

ToxSocks 12-06-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7232118)
I've loved it. I'll take drama over exploding heads any day of the week. Getting to know those characters is what makes/will make losing them so poignant. And having more drama than action makes the action stand out even more when it does happen, like the night attack on the camp.

I'm all for building charectors and plot, but i feel like it moves TOO slow. I knew nothing about the series and maybe i just got swooped up in the hype, but it's been a disappointing ride considering all of the great things that were being said.

Zebedee DuBois 12-06-2010 06:35 PM

They haven't really developed any of the characters - they're all still caricatures IMO.
I'm really not feeling compelled to keep watching.
That explosion was poorly handled. It looks huge, but their cars parked on the street don't appear affected in the least, nothing falling from the sky as they pull away.

sparse zombies, shallow characters, cheezy effects. why bother having a 2nd season? (and I thought the pilot episode was pretty good)

bevischief 12-06-2010 06:43 PM

That is why they fired most of the writers...

irishjayhawk 12-06-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7233305)
They haven't really developed any of the characters - they're all still caricatures IMO.
I'm really not feeling compelled to keep watching.
That explosion was poorly handled. It looks huge, but their cars parked on the street don't appear affected in the least, nothing falling from the sky as they pull away.

sparse zombies, shallow characters, cheezy effects. why bother having a 2nd season? (and I thought the pilot episode was pretty good)

To be fair, there's been a whopping 6 episodes. And you have to set the world first.

bevischief 12-06-2010 08:01 PM

Maybe we can hope for a few 2 hr movies...