ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Rappaport just stopped the interview to check text messages while talking about Ferentz.

Probably getting talking points from Pioli.

LMAO

wazu 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

If Reid thinks Arizona is the land of milk and honey because Kolb is there, then I'm fine letting him go.

Raiderhater 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 9267734)
Money talks. Unfortunately that is not Clarks suit. Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Kelly are this years Manning. Clark doesn't understand the idea of just out bidding his competition.

How do you figure? Four years ago he made Pioli the highest paid GM in the league.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267757)
NFLN and ESPN hate the Chiefs...FACT

I think the NFL in general hates the Chiefs.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9267753)
This rumor mill is driving me crazy. Guy from Philly enquirer said nothing about Reid in kc on nfl network ten minutes ago.

I've seen that guy the last couple of days. He thinks Reid is a slouch. Sounded like he has an axe to grind really.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267778)
Arizona has one of the better defenses in the NFL and enough young personnel to get even better.

That said, Romeo Crennel probably kept their DC (Horton) from being promoted. He set back the battlefield commission for DCs by at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Arizona's a pretty good job. It's better than Buffalo, Cleveland and San Diego. And I'm not convinced KC is clearly better than Arizona.

Yep.

Chief Roundup 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9267752)
His agent is Bob LaMonte. Nuff said.

Bidwell is notoriously cheap. They've got some in house options for both coach and GM, so if Reid's price is too high they might turn elsewhere. Remember, Reid is going to want to bring some high profile assistants with him, which to me would be the most attractive thing about hiring him. Those guys cost money. And if he wants Heckert too, more money there.
So if Zona is "battling" us for his services, they may be more willing to give him carte blanche...

You kind of contradict yourself in this post. Bidwell is cheap but they are more likely to give Andy the carte blanche that he wants to bring in those people.
Can't have it both ways.
We are more likely to give Andy that carte blanche than the Bidwells.

Strongside 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267760)
Christ, Ian Rappaport is STILL pimping Ferentz.

LMAO

Ian Rapoport is a complete and total ****ing mouthbreather. That football blasting him in the face...he hasn't been close to normal since then. Guy is an idiot.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267755)
Didn't Carl Peterson sign off on the McGlocktons, Wayne Simmonses, Bam Morrises, etc. I think Peterson drafted Vanover even though his off-field issues were so bad he left Florida State after his sophomore year to play a year in the CFL so he could be draft eligible??

Marty wasn't the only one who was desperate after '97.

I don't disagree but we were talking about comparing Reid to Marty.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Kirk Ferentz is the Andy Reid of college football.

-Ian Rapaport.

MGRS13 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267765)
He couldn't outbid anybody for Manning. Manning wouldn't even pick up the phone because of Pioli.

Thats popular opinion and no he didnt want to deal with Pioli. But 1 phone call to his agent saying I will pay 10 mil more a year gets a returned call.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Well if that is it... it could just be that guy stating fact but kind of hurrying up the timeline a little?

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267732)
Marty's desperation resulted in the 1998 season, which was one of the most embarrassing in team history.

When measured against some of the seasons from the past 6 years, 98 doesnt seem that bad at all.

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267778)
Arizona has one of the better defenses in the NFL and enough young personnel to get even better.

That said, Romeo Crennel probably kept their DC (Horton) from being promoted. He set back the battlefield commission for DCs by at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Arizona's a pretty good job. It's better than Buffalo, Cleveland and San Diego. And I'm not convinced KC is clearly better than Arizona.

Im not sure what would make AZ a better gig than SD. Doesn't matter though, he's not going to SD. SD wants the classic GM/Coach system.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9267769)
I will freak the **** out if it is Ferentz. . . You should too

ROFL