ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Silock 04-03-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516579)
Sure.

I'm debating whether eating 1600 calories of chicken is the same as eating 1600 calories of candy.

Not the same thing. You won't find an athlete whose diet consists of just candy because they'll lose muscle without protein and using just sugar as fuel is stupid.

We aren't talking about that. We are talking simply about energy. That's all I've ever been talking about. Nutritional content is different, but it has little to do with the kinds of energy surpluses that make you fat.

Edit: also, explain your statement that using sugar for fuel is stupid. Sugar is energy. That's what it does. That's what everything the breaks down into sugars does, and the things that break down into sugars are lots more things than just what we traditionally think of as sugar.

morphius 04-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516579)
Sure.

I'm debating whether eating 1600 calories of chicken is the same as eating 1600 calories of candy.

Not the same thing. You won't find an athlete whose diet consists of just candy because they'll lose muscle without protein and using just sugar as fuel is stupid.

but you have also debated that we should give up all sugars.

Omaha 04-03-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8516394)
Who warped your mind into thinking like this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516315)
Silock, I'm willing to bet that maybe about 2-3% of all the people on here are as fit as you. Maybe 5% max. If I ate a cup of ice cream a day I would be ****ed.

Yeah. This is not smart.

Omaha 04-03-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 8516429)
There are different body types, people... jesus. One size doesn't fit all. Some people have to overcome genetics to be lean.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3d.jpg

Meh, diet is usually the problem.

Lumpy 04-03-2012 11:54 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going strong. LMAO

DERP!

/grabs bag of Peanut M&M's

Buck 04-03-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8516592)
but you have also debated that we should give up all sugars.

I have never done that.

Buck 04-03-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516591)
We aren't talking about that. We are talking simply about energy. That's all I've ever been talking about. Nutritional content is different, but it has little to do with the kinds of energy surpluses that make you fat.

Edit: also, explain your statement that using sugar for fuel is stupid. Sugar is energy. That's what it does. That's what everything the breaks down into sugars does, and the things that break down into sugars are lots more things than just what we traditionally think of as sugar.

If it's not stupid then why don't more people do it? Sugar is cheap? You'd think that somebody would have outlined and all sugar diet now that saved you money and got you fit.

-King- 04-04-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516608)
If it's not stupid then why don't more people do it? Sugar is cheap? You'd think that somebody would have outlined and all sugar diet now that saved you money and got you fit.

Jesus Christ. You have to be trolling.

Buck 04-04-2012 12:04 AM

This is so stupid. Why are you arguing against me. An all sugar diet is going to result in storage of fat and loss of lean muscle and that's a fact.

I'd like this thread to get back on topic if possible.

Silock 04-04-2012 12:05 AM

People use sugar for fuel all the time. You said "just sugar for fuel is stupid." What were you talking about? Fuel for sports? Or for an entire day's worth of calories and nothing else on a permanent basis?

-King- 04-04-2012 12:06 AM

The word "moderation" has been said 33 times in this thread. Are you just skipping over that part or... WTF?

Bump 04-04-2012 12:06 AM

Those choco chip cookie i just had were bomb

Silock 04-04-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8516615)
This is so stupid. Why are you arguing against me. An all sugar diet is going to result in storage of fat and loss of lean muscle and that's a fact.

I'd like this thread to get back on topic if possible.

Bullshit it's a fact. You have provided no parameters on caloric intake and thus far displayed an astounding lack of knowledge about how insulin works.

Buck 04-04-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516616)
People use sugar for fuel all the time. You said "just sugar for fuel is stupid." What were you talking about? Fuel for sports? Or for an entire day's worth of calories and nothing else on a permanent basis?

Nothing else. That's what we've been arguing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8516619)
Bullshit it's a fact. You have provided no parameters on caloric intake and thus far displayed an astounding lack of knowledge about how insulin works.

Are you telling me that you won't lose lean muscle if you don't eat enough protein? That's just stupid.

Simply Red 04-04-2012 12:14 AM

i'm holding it to a minimum for now, breads, etc. I'm watching my sugar intake because of a lot of prior abuse.