ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

Mojo Rising 09-21-2011 08:40 PM

I just downloaded the Dolphin HD browser. I am still trying to learn all of the functionality. It offers true tabbed browsing which I never imagined would be available on a phone. It was free. Would recommend.

Huffmeister 09-21-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 7931453)
I just downloaded the Dolphin HD browser. I am still trying to learn all of the functionality. It offers true tabbed browsing which I never imagined would be available on a phone. It was free. Would recommend.

Yeah, I've been using it for a while and it's pretty nice. I also like being able to swipe to the right to access bookmarks. I wasn't too big on the gestures at first, but they've grown on me.

KevB 09-21-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 7931453)

I have Dolphin HD and Opera Mini. Opera is quite a bit faster, but I do like Dolphin. I wanted to test them and choose one, but I like them both so they're both still on my phone.

Mojo Rising 09-21-2011 09:43 PM

KevB, Nice avatar. Mine was my last Black Lab. My handle is from my 1st (Just Mojo.) I have a new SGS2 and it seems that they haven't updated Dolphin as I can't delete individual bookmarks. When I press and hold the bookmark I want to delete it turns white but doesn't offer me the option to delete it. Also, mine doesn't have an edit button on the bottom.

KevB 09-21-2011 10:00 PM

When you drag right to get to your Bookmarks, click on "Quick Access" button. Within Quick Access, there's another Bookmarks option. Click into that and then you can hold each one to get delete/edit options.

BigMeatballDave 09-21-2011 10:22 PM

I've tried Opera and Dolphin. Not crazy about them. I'm good with Chrome.

Mojo Rising 09-22-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 7931625)
When you drag right to get to your Bookmarks, click on "Quick Access" button. Within Quick Access, there's another Bookmarks option. Click into that and then you can hold each one to get delete/edit options.

That worked. Thanks!

WilliamTheIrish 10-05-2011 07:42 AM

Slag,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I'm looking to root it. What ROM do you suggest? I've been all through the damn Android forums and it's nerdspeak. I'm having trouble getting started.

Any help would be appreciated.

SLAG 10-05-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7968950)
Slag,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I'm looking to root it. What ROM do you suggest? I've been all through the damn Android forums and it's nerdspeak. I'm having trouble getting started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sure

In order to assist you better can you please provide me with your Carrier ?

This will help me best provide you with your request ;-)

Huffmeister 10-05-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 7969679)
Sure

This thread may be monitored for quality assurance and/or training purposes.

WilliamTheIrish 10-06-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 7969679)
Sure

Sprint. And I'd like to say your customer service has improved immensely. I will recommend you to all my friends.

SLAG 10-06-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7971625)
Sprint. And I'd like to say your customer service has improved immensely. I will recommend you to all my friends.

Thank you for your comments on SLAG's Android customer service

To address your issue of [Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G] on [Sprint]:

Most of the newer Stock-based ROMS are based off of leaks from Samsung - the thing is they are all quite buggy, some worse than others - some other Epic 4g Users here may be able to chime in but I might suggest rooting it and leaving it Stock

If you want Gingerbread then I believe EH17 would be what you're looking for - but be aware flashing a new rom will remove your apps and such from your phone (stuff on your SD Card are safe though)

Here is a thread to ODIN for EH17 Android 2.3.4 "Stock" for Sprint - this is what was on my Wifes phone before she upgraded to the Nexus S

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242314

Drivers can be found here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...SPH-D700ZKASPR

Good Luck!

At SLAG's Android Customer Service you're an Important Customer -Please rate your Experience using the REP button below

BigMeatballDave 10-13-2011 01:49 AM

Anyone using any GO apps? Lots of cool themes.

Also, I highly recommend their mms/sms app. Better than Handsent, I think.

Huffmeister 10-13-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7991079)
Anyone using any GO apps? Lots of cool themes.

Also, I highly recommend their mms/sms app. Better than Handsent, I think.

Yeah, I've been using GO SMS for a long time. Great app and great themes. The nice thing is that you just have to find a theme that you kind of like, then you can go in and tweak it as much as you want.

I've also been using GO Launcher EX for a long time now, too.

BigMeatballDave 10-19-2011 02:29 AM

Tapatalk is free on Getjar