ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342140)
Mike Mayock and others have been saying that about Geno on NFLN today.

And he's absolutely right about that.

Chief3188 01-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9341839)
what are you stupid? I didn't say Luke Joeckel would come off the bench, Winston would, or move him to guard. I know you guys remember the days when KC had the best OL in football, since there's no QB at the top and Jarvis Jones doesn't fill a need for us why not build the best OL in football again?

I see your location is New Orleans. I also live in New Orleans. I would be much obliged if you would give me your address or your place of business so that I might have the privilege of kicking your ass between your shoulder blades. Thank you kindly in advance.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9342126)
I have to strongly disagree with this statement.

The Colts, after going 2-14, turned in an 11-5 season and a playoff berth. They have Reggie Wayne, Vontae Davis, Dwight Freeney (on the downside of his career but still a factor), Pat Angerer, Robert Mathis, Donnie Avery and a shit ton of very promising young players in Anthony Costanzo, T.Y. Hilton, Vick Ballard, Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

We're talking about players ALREADY on the roster just before the 2012 draft. I was specific when I said before the rebuilds happened, these teams had nothing. In which case you have to remove Davis, Avery, Hilton, Ballard, Fleener, and Allen from that list. Costanzo was pretty bad his rookie year (though certainly not his fault) and could be compared to Dontari Poe only on the offensive line. And Pat Angerer was garbage and is still garbage.

Quote:

See above. I still find it highly unlikely that the Chiefs will have a record of 11-5 or better, regardless of which QB is taken at #1 overall. There are holes, gaping holes, at CB, Safety, ILB and QB and depth is needed all throughout the defensive side of the ball.

Another factor to keep in mind is that the Chiefs don't know how to win. The majority of this roster consists of guys that have played on exactly one winning team in five seasons and zero playoff wins.

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to predict a winning season when there have been no offseason moves, let alone, the draft.

The Chiefs have a long, long way to go.
Again, I said IF the Chiefs hit on their QB. I'm not predicting playoffs next year or anything, but we're going to see that rebuild take far less time if or when a real QB is acquired.

The most GLARING hole is starting CB. We can find our solution to that in the draft in the 2nd round and beyond most likely. One or two other starters on defense can also be taken in this draft for us.

Just with those changes, we're not exactly a complete team either, but we're certainly not the 2012 Colts or the 2011 Panthers. If we draft as well as the Colts did in 2012 (and that includes hitting on our QB at #1), we make a huge leap.

keg in kc 01-22-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342172)
They haven't had competent, complete coaching since the Marty years, but there were parts of Grandpa's teams that could physically beat the shit out of just about anyone in the league--such beautiful offensive line play during those years...

That was still a finesse line. Put them in 3rd and short late in a game and they'd try to run a sweep or misdirection. Even with those hall of famers they had a hard time just pushing somebody off the line (although a lot of that was the center, Wiegmann was always 50 pounds lighter than the guy in his face). Which is not something I have any problem with at all - I far prefer that to Martyocre-style football. But it's a part of the character of the team for the last 15 years as a whole: they don't usually just line up and physically beat someone. It happens from time-to-time (we all remember the Ravens game where Ray was crying his eyes out because of the way Shields was pounding him) but not often.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying I think you're devaluing part of the equation. There's a lot of things wrong here, and I think there's an intangible problem to go along with the talent and coaching. And maybe it's in no small part a product of that, but it's there nonetheless.

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

I just listened to the phone call on 610's website.

If that wasn't clear, I don't know what is. If he didn't want to be here, that call never would have happened. He made it clear that he wants to be a left tackle and that anyone who knows anything about football knows he's a left tackle. Agreed. Basically, it was the beginning of the negotiations between the Chiefs and Albert.

He sounds like he's ready to beast. Loved it.

keg in kc 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342195)
And he's absolutely right about that.

If by right you mean wrong, then yes, yes he is.

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9342201)
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying I think you're devaluing part of the equation.

Perhaps so.

True leaders, unquestionably, carry a presence and have a swagger about them, even if the latter is generally understated. That's been missing in KC for, well, damn near forever.

I think people are ascribing a "winning culture" to the unavoidable byproduct of high-quality leadership.

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9342205)
If by right you mean wrong, then yes, yes he is.

:doh!:

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342140)
Mike Mayock and others have been saying that about Geno on NFLN today.

Don't need to watch much of the Pinstripe Bowl, what's being used as damning evidence against Geno, to realize that claims that Smith doesn't go through progressions are complete bullshit.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9342176)
I am in Georgia but I'm not in either of those places LMAO

You guys really hate that guy don't you?

You shouldn't talk about yourself in the 3rd person. Bob Dole has a patent on that.

You really are pathetic, you know that don't you?

Chief Roundup 01-22-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342215)
Don't need to watch much of the Pinstripe Bowl, what's being used as damning evidence against Geno, to realize that claims that Smith doesn't go through progressions are complete bullshit.

Mayock was talking from a list of notes about each of Geno's game, mentioning a game and then his notes about Geno's performance in that game. It was a regularity according to Mayock. Mayock's take was 1st round talent that is very inconsistent and usually doesn't make more than 1 read.

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342218)
You shouldn't talk about yourself in the 3rd person. Bob Dole has a patent on that.

You really are pathetic, you know that don't you?

Its BlackDouche. His night time IPs match very very close.

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:25 PM

Great day for the Chiefs. Wilson says he would love playing for us and Albert is fine and wants to stay.

Oh and look who the Chargers are scouting!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBPpplLCMAA-Qd4.jpg:large

LMAO

Sorter 01-22-2013 04:26 PM

take Landry Sd. You'll be sooooo happy.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342220)
Mayock was talking from a list of notes about each of Geno's game, mentioning a game and then his notes about Geno's performance in that game. It was a regularity according to Mayock. Mayock's take was 1st round talent that is very inconsistent and usually doesn't make more than 1 read.

That doesn't mean he CAN'T.

You do realize that Robert Griffin and Cam Newton rarely make more than one read, right?