ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

O.city 02-03-2013 03:19 PM

And I believe you sai they will release him out of loyalty

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9374831)
Absolutely, if they can manage to keep him around another year it only betters that team, as important as QB has become, even beyond years past? they'd be fools to not try.

You don't spend that much money on a backup QB. Same reason why Flynn is likely bye bye.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374835)
And I believe you sai they will release him out of loyalty

I said if they can't get a good trade to a team he is willing to go to, they will release him out of respect. As all of the reports stated.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:21 PM

They're looking to release or trade him to free up space because they have starters who contribute to re up. Plain and simple

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374821)
How so? I already said they will release him because of the 7 million extra they will be paying him otherwise.

You are just whining to whine now. You need a girlfriend and a vacation.

I am with you on this one, There is no loyalty in the NFL on either side.... Highest bidder rules and free agency has ruined the NFL

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374836)
You don't spend that much money on a backup QB. Same reason why Flynn is likely bye bye.

I said if they can't get a good trade to a team he is willing to go to, they will release him out of respect. As all of the reports stated.

Flynn is a possibility for a Cheaps uniform... Don't scoff, he has the tools he just needs to be polished.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:22 PM

Wait so is there loyalty or not?

It's about money. Money they need to spend on other more important players

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374843)

The respect comes in to letting him approve a trade or not, and releasing him early in the FA market timeline.

No one said it wasn't about money. You are whining to whine. Calm down. Drink some Earl Grey.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374843)

No Loyalty in the NFL at all Period....

The players are far worse than the owners and the fans have to pay for it all

Easy 6 02-03-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374836)

Its already been pointed out that Kap is on his rookie contract until 2014, so the money is doable for another year and you cant argue that QB hasnt become such a singular focal point the last few years that you can afford to just let a good one run off without a strong pitch.

Two starting caliber QB's is a luxury any team would covet.

Its a valid point to say they might let him go out of respect, and thats the most likely scenario... but they would be dumb not to try and keep him around.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374846)
The respect comes in to letting him approve a trade or not, and releasing him early in the FA market timeline.

No one said it wasn't about money. You are whining to whine. Calm down. Drink some Earl Grey.

Whining about what? I said they'll trade or release him due to needing that money for more important things. You're the one going all Boy Scout campfire songs about respect

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9374849)
Its already been pointed out that Kap is on his rookie contract until 2014, so the money is doable for another year and you cant argue that QB hasnt become such a singular focal point the last few years that you can afford to just let a good one run off without a strong pitch.

Two starting caliber QB's is a luxury any team would covet.

Its a valid point to say they might let him go out of respect, and thats the most likely scenario... but they would be dumb not to try and keep him around.

That is 7 million dollars they could spend on someone who won't be sitting on the bench.

I'm sorry, it's just not happening;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-alex-smith/

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374861)
Whining about what? I said they'll trade or release him due to needing that money for more important things. You're the one going all Boy Scout campfire songs about respect

And I also said they will trade or release him because of the 7m they will have to pay him otherwise. You are just being an idiot and not reading entire conversation strings before interjecting. Once again, the respect line was referring to WHO they will trade him to and WHEN they will release him.

Schottenheimer 02-03-2013 04:00 PM

I don't want Alex smith I'd rather have Geno smith

RealSNR 02-03-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9374842)
Flynn is a possibility for a Cheaps uniform... Don't scoff, he has the tools he just needs to be polished.

He's had 5 seasons to acquire polish.

If he doesn't have it yet, he never will.

Pass.

Bowser 02-03-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374778)
It's called respect. Plus when you have arguably the best team in the NFL, you have the luxury of doing things like that.

It has already been reported by people with team insider knowledge that they will release him out of respect early if they can't get a trade they AND he likes. They won't trade him anywhere he doesn't want to go.

Please don't ever GM my football team.

HotCarl 02-03-2013 04:06 PM

Flynn... too risky, and certainly more expensive.

The wily veteran from San Francisco, always the man for the job