ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

Bwana 02-08-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387235)
I believe the military has heat sensor devices they can point at the area he is in and pick up body movement and pin point him. Add a drone for watching him from above and shoot a missile at him. Technology is cool.

So you think that's how this is all going to play out, getting taken out with a drone missile? I highly doubt it.

Easy 6 02-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9387201)
Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

Thought i heard that he'd only earned "marksman" on a rifle, thats the lowest rung of qualification in the army, as you know.

They better HOPE he isnt an actual sniper with a 50cal.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:02 PM

The wife is "up the mountain" right now.

I always get nervous when she makes her yearly trek back to Cali but this year my ass is a spaghetti press...

Fairplay 02-08-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9387273)
So you think that's how this is all going to play out, getting taken out with a drone missile? I highly doubt it.

Just a possibility, but pin point him first and send in a sniper team would be how i would approach it.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9387258)
They won't need military. They might need FBI because he may not even be in California anymore. But eventually he'll need money to keep going and someone's going to see him, and then they'll find him.

He will crave a McRib at some point, and then, KAPOWWIE!

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387292)
but this year my ass is a spaghetti press...

:hmmm:

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387279)
Thought i heard that he'd only earned "marksman" on a rifle, thats the lowest rung of qualification in the army, as you know.

They better HOPE he isnt an actual sniper with a 50cal.

If he was, he'd have never missed the first officers he shot at.

NewChief is right - we have a guy that was probably wronged, but who ultimately also has a hell of a persecution complex and delusions of grandeur. And yeah, I bet he was a bit of a militant prick that was no fun to work with. I'm sorry, Tiger - you may be good, but you ain't that good. You're not going to just get the LAPD to scrap their playbook because you've read it before. Even a shitty plan is going to work with large numbers and technology on their side.

Even if he does have a .50 cal, he's not going to shoulder-mount the thing and take on the National Guard. And seeing as how the only person he's actually managed to kill during this rampage was a woman and her boyfriend and not any of the armed, trained officers he's targeted, well something tells me the guy isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

He'd have been smarter to just steal another boat and tool down to Mexico.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387308)
:hmmm:

Clamped very tight due to nervousness...

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387314)
Clamped very tight due to nervousness...

I may never eat spaghetti again...

bevischief 02-08-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

They won't need military. They might need FBI because he may not even be in California anymore. But eventually he'll need money to keep going and someone's going to see him, and then they'll find him.

There are enough nut jobs out there that will help him out.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387324)
I may never eat spaghetti again...

Low carb is better anyway...

Fish 02-08-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387302)
He will crave a McRib at some point, and then, KAPOWWIE!

The McRib brings them in every time.....

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9387201)
Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

His job on his last deployment was to protect a fixed asset. He's not really what you probably think of when you hear "sniper." He's actually much more dangerous than that. He's been trained in a variety of skills including wilderness/urban survival, knowledge of high and low tech weaponry, tactics and strategy, military history and police procedure. The mention of his marksmanship rank is a ploy by the media to interject as much drama into this story as they can, what it really means is that he is proficient with his firearms. The truth is that if he doesn't want to be found...he won't be. The real danger is that (according to his manifesto) he's not hiding and trying to get away, he's maintaining a tactical position while inflicting the highest possible casualty rate. You should feel happy that he's not coming for you. I know that I wouldn't want to go after him. I seriously doubt that our military forces want to either. But they might have to eventually.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

He doesn't need money.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387335)

His job on his last deployment was to protect a fixed asset. He's not really what you probably think of when you hear "sniper." He's actually much more dangerous than that. He's been trained in a variety of skills including wilderness/urban survival, knowledge of high and low tech weaponry, tactics and strategy, military history and police procedure. The mention of his marksmanship rank is a ploy by the media to interject as much drama into this story as they can, what it really means is that he is proficient with his firearms. The truth is that if he doesn't want to be found...he won't be. The real danger is that (according to his manifesto) he's not hiding and trying to get away, he's maintaining a tactical position while inflicting the highest possible casualty rate. You should feel happy that he's not coming for you. I know that I wouldn't want to go after him. I seriously doubt that our military forces want to either. But they might have to eventually.

My bets are on the McRib flushing him out