ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Marco Polo 07-31-2013 09:59 AM

Yadi must be out more than thought...

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals are indeed looking for a catcher now that Yadier Molina (knee) is headed to the disabled list.

Rosenthal previously reported that the Cardinals wouldn't look for help behind the dish, but now he's hearing otherwise. It makes sense, as Tony Cruz and Rob Johnson aren't the most inspiring combo.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 10:00 AM

That is not good at all. The Buccos might actually take this thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9847406)
I do know one thing about him. There have been several games this year when he waited several batters too long to waddle his fat ass out to the mound to talk to a struggling pitcher. I don't know how good he is behind the scenes in working with the pitchers but I know he has the ability to be absolutely awful in his in-game management.

I've never felt that the PC going to the mound did anything other than stall for a reliever to get up. They all know the scouting reports. Besides, Yadi can likely tell them what small mechanical issues they are dealing with. He's done it for years. Watch him point to his left shoulder behind the plate--he's telling the pitcher that he's flying open.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 10:05 AM

Hit up the Braves for Laird. Gattis is McCann insurance already.

Marco Polo 07-31-2013 01:25 PM

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals are in talks with the Cubs regarding catcher Dioner Navarro.

Yadier Molina (knee) was placed on the disabled list Wednesday and could require an extended absence, so the Cardinals are on the lookout for catching help. Navarro would be a good fit, as he's hitting .294/.370/.510 with nine homers through 57 games this year

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9848068)
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals are in talks with the Cubs regarding catcher Dioner Navarro.

Yadier Molina (knee) was placed on the disabled list Wednesday and could require an extended absence, so the Cardinals are on the lookout for catching help. Navarro would be a good fit, as he's hitting .294/.370/.510 with nine homers through 57 games this year

Navarro talks broke down.

In extremely good news, Yadi's knee just showed swelling and inflammation, but no structural damage. Nevertheless, this is a major indictment of Matheny, because his inability to properly manage Yadi's workload, giving him an extra 8-10 days of rest to this point, has cost us Yadi for 15 games.

whoman69 07-31-2013 04:25 PM

Rzepczynski sent to Cleveland for minor league shortstop

O.city 07-31-2013 04:26 PM

Pretty easy fix, big bats start hitting like big bats.

Starting pitching durin gthis shit streak has actually been fairly good, or good enough.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 05:51 PM

Bats woke up in the first, but in classic Murphy's/Finagle's fashion, Waino was elevating everything.

What worries me is that Pittsburgh seems to be seeing everything well. They are usually pretty K happy and they aren't offering at any marginal pitches.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 06:12 PM

Jesus, what a horrible ****ing break.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 06:40 PM

At the risk of sounding like Pete Gas, this zone is just an abomination. Then again, so is Waino tonight.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 06:41 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fcwIEupH7UU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 07:01 PM

It's time. Just put Freese on the DL with some type of ankle soreness, move Carpenter to third, and bring up Wong. He's absolutely killing this team in every way possible. He can't hit, is throwing the ball all over the diamond, and has almost no range.

Frazod 07-31-2013 07:04 PM

And to think, I used to get my balls busted by you people for hating Holliday. :harumph:

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-31-2013 07:07 PM

Nice call, Denkinger :facepalm: