ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9145742)
I'll definitely agree with this. He does seem to have some gun slinger in him. But in a way I like that after watching years of captain check down.

I think we also have to take into account that he must feel a lot of pressure to score a ton of points each game because his defense is so bad.

agreed on both points, and think he doesn't get near enough credit for the latter...

he has the pressure of having to score 40 to even have a chance to win...they regularly go for it on 4th down for this reason...just getting a couple first downs and punting is a failure..

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9145730)
I don't think it's so much him as his WR's beating their man and just being wide open. A LOT.

No pressure hitting the wide open man.

He won't have that in the NFL.

Well, unless he plays against us...

C'mon Rausch...

Do you know who you are lumping yourself in with with these types of posts? Don't do it man. Come into the light.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145752)
That's the thing, though.

He is forcing the ball into ill advised spots, making decisions based on the pressure to keep up.

And in spite of that, how many ints has he thrown?

35 TD's to 5 Ints.

With a 70.1% completion percentage.

That's ridiculous.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145765)
35 TD's to 5 Ints.

With a 70.1% completion percentage.

That's ridiculous.

It was a rhetorical question.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145507)
The OP asks "WHY GENO?"

I'll tell you why:

Because, in the 2012 season, with one of the worst defenses in college football forcing him to play behind once he got into conference play against a lot of Top 25 teams (as well as a porous offensive line), he put up these numbers (with one game to go against the Jayhawks, which might see him return to the Baylor game like numbers):

TD's: 35
INT's: 5
Comp: 70.1%
Rating: 159.3
Sacks: 15

You know which QB those stats compare to on the college level in recent memory?

Andrew Luck. With half the interceptions.

And Luck had a much better team around him last year than Smith had around him this season. Stanford had four guys taken in the first 42 picks of the draft last year, with two being offensive line. Geno has a horrible O-line and a worse defense and still put up nearly identical numbers to Luck last season.

Yeah, gimme Geno. Right here, right now.

QFT.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145767)
It was a rhetorical question.

I know.

I just like putting down the numbers.

They are ridiculous and incredulous considering how awful his offensive line and defense has been this year.

That he's only been sacked 15 times is amazing considering the pressure he's been under all season.

That he's been able to throw for 70.1% and only five Ints despite having to "force" throws to keep his team in the game.

The guy is the real deal.

Personally, I don't think he's being given enough credit for the skills and abilities he's showing this season.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

I don't think it's so much him as his WR's beating their man and just being wide open. A LOT.

Exactly. :thumb:

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

i think you misunderstood what i was saying...

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145768)
QFT.

Good stat breakdown.

But please do not compare stats against Luck. I don't care what the stats say. We should not benchmark what geno did the way he did it vs luck and how he achieved those stats.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145607)
Never leaving dude. You thought wrong. ROFL

Let me ask you guys this...

What are Geno's flaws? Is he perfect? What do you think will be the knocks on him as we get closer to the draft? Do you think he's Andrew Luck or something?

A: Geno hasn't thrown a perfectly timed, high velocity pass in to your vagina.

Yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 10:52 AM

Sigh...I could watch Geno play football all day long...

Sully 11-24-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9143665)
Smith's a poor man's Dante Culpepper and the next Akili Smith. Kind of a hybrid Dante, McNabb, Akili, Campbell, Doug Williams, Vince Evans combo. Amirite semenmonster???

You forgot Jimmy Dix and Willie Beamon.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145773)
I know.

I just like putting down the numbers.

They are ridiculous and incredulous considering how awful his offensive line and defense has been this year.

That he's only been sacked 15 times is amazing considering the pressure he's been under all season.

That he's been able to throw for 70.1% and only five Ints despite having to "force" throws to keep his team in the game.

The guy is the real deal.

Personally, I don't think he's being given enough credit for the skills and abilities he's showing this season.

I agree wholeheartedly.

He's done more with less than any top prospect in the last 10 years or more.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9145787)
Sigh...I could watch Geno play football all day long...

I could watch him play college football all day long too... It's going to get ugly in the pros imo.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145791)
I agree wholeheartedly.

He's done more with less than any top prospect in the last 10 years or more.

What? He hasn't even done more with less this year. Wilson lost three of his best four WRs to the draft and then lost his HC. He's in the same situation as Drew Brees and some would argue he has faired better.