ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6255807)
I'm pretty sure it was you, it was something like 1.48 which is pretty damn good in my book when you're into thousands upon thousands of kills. Now I want to play with Kraus, lol, so I can learn...

Just from experience, be on his team - not on the other team.

Pants 11-12-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6255826)
Just from experience, be on his team - not on the other team.

Well, yeah :)

Buck 11-12-2009 11:44 AM

Is anyone here good w/ the Sniper Rifle?

I suck at it. I never used it in COD4 except when we did a Snipers only private match.

The Thermal Scope really helps you in the snow (I picked one up off a dead body), so I wanted to at least get my Barret 50 cal up to the point where I have the Thermal scope, but I suck so bad at it.

I did a sabatoge match where I started out 6 to 2 KDR but then I ended the match at like 7 to 18 KDR which really pissed me off.

Pants 11-12-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6255878)

I suck at it. I never used it in COD4 except when we did a Snipers only private match.

The Thermal Scope really helps you in the snow (I picked one up off a dead body), so I wanted to at least get my Barret 50 cal up to the point where I have the Thermal scope, but I suck so bad at it.

I did a sabatoge match where I started out 6 to 2 KDR but then I ended the match at like 7 to 18 KDR which really pissed me off.

I never sniped in COD4-1. I probably will in this one, though, since you can silence them now. My whole thing was to never show up on the UAV in COD4-1...

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6255878)

Sniping is a blast, but it takes practice. Give it a shot - especially with the 50 cal. Like Metro said, use all your jamming perks so that you don't show up on the UAV at any point.

Buck 11-12-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6255906)
Sniping is a blast, but it takes practice. Give it a shot - especially with the 50 cal. Like Metro said, use all your jamming perks so that you don't show up on the UAV at any point.

Maybe I should wait til the Ninja perk becomes available before I snipe.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6255908)
Maybe I should wait til the Ninja perk becomes available before I snipe.

Every so often, I'll go with the default sniper class for a kill or two. I haven't run through an entire match sniping yet. I'm waiting until I unlock all the necessary perks before I start. Plus, I'm trying to find good sniping locations in the maps.

2 things to remember when you snipe:

1 - After a kill, keep looking down the sights for a good 5 seconds - used to be only about 3 seconds on MW1, but they've extended the kill cam. This way, when the guy you kill watches the kill cam, he will have a harder time locating where you shot him from.

2 - I try to move locations as often as possible to keep people from locating me. Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm looking down my site trying to locate a target and someone walks up behind me and knifes me. I usually try to move after every 1-2 kills.

Pants 11-12-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6255920)
Every so often, I'll go with the default sniper class for a kill or two. I haven't run through an entire match sniping yet. I'm waiting until I unlock all the necessary perks before I start. Plus, I'm trying to find good sniping locations in the maps.

2 things to remember when you snipe:

1 - After a kill, keep looking down the sights for a good 5 seconds - used to be only about 3 seconds on MW1, but they've extended the kill cam. This way, when the guy you kill watches the kill cam, he will have a harder time locating where you shot him from.

2 - I try to move locations as often as possible to keep people from locating me. Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm looking down my site trying to locate a target and someone walks up behind me and knifes me. I usually try to move after every 1-2 kills.

No killcams in hardcore, brah, you can snipe till you know he spotted you. But, yeah, good sniping is all about changing position, unless you're 100% sure nobody spotted you. It's going to be really hard finding those assholes in 4-2.

TrickyNicky 11-12-2009 01:12 PM

The best sniping map is derail IMO. Get to the center warehouse, plenty of windows and only two narrow entrances.

I get claymores and Scavenger, set one on an entrance and go to the other side of the building. If someone dies near you, grab the pack and place another claymore at the other entrance. Even if it doesn't kill the enemy it will only take one shot from a pistol or machine pistol to finish.

Ceej 11-12-2009 01:18 PM

Metro what is your gamertag? I'm pretty sure you don't have me added to your XBL so I don't know how you'd be coming up with my stats.

Another good gamer (as Plow mentioned) is Pittsie, known as Cannon Fragger on XBL.

QuikSsurfer 11-12-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6256073)
Metro what is your gamertag? I'm pretty sure you don't have me added to your XBL so I don't know how you'd be coming up with my stats.

Another good gamer (as Plow mentioned) is Pittsie, known as Cannon Fragger on XBL.

Quikies83 is pretty good too...

Ceej 11-12-2009 02:01 PM

Oh, that's word.

Pants 11-12-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6256073)

pants0n

Skyy God 11-12-2009 02:04 PM

Just played a few games at lunch..... I rampaged on Wasteland, which is an update of Brecourt from COD1.

Buck 11-12-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6256176)
pants0n

Ahh so thats you, invite me next time you see me or I'll do vice versa.

Tonight when I go on I'm going to not run-n-gun so much and take it slow and lay back and methodically make my way across the map. I really want my KDR to be above 1.5 and I'm nowhere close now.