ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285622)

Third Eye 11-27-2016 11:35 PM

Here's what blows my mind:

Spoiler!

BWillie 11-28-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12582221)
Here's what blows my mind:

Spoiler!

I started watching at 9pm after Westworld got over. Recorded Donk vs Cheefs and got to live by the end of 3rd qtr

Third Eye 11-28-2016 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12582628)
I started watching at 9pm after Westworld got over. Recorded Donk vs Cheefs and got to live by the end of 3rd qtr

Mostly joking anyway. Just too ****ing excited.

KChiefs1 11-28-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12577160)
You know you can embed all this shit

From my phone? How?

https://youtu.be/Nf7YQ66M11M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

listopencil 11-28-2016 02:45 PM

Ugh. Well the multiple time periods (they aren't timelines) is confirmed, which I didn't want to happen. But I'm rolling with it and the episode was fantastic. I'm now leaning towards: Arnold instigated the massacre by creating the original 'reverie' code in hosts with artificial bicameral minds. When they would start going nuts they'd go to the church and enter the confessional, transport down to therapy rooms, and be counseled by Arnold. He knew that there was a problem with this situation but kept it going because he came to believe that the hosts were sentient. Ford warned him against this and pointed out how dangerous it would be.

At some point this backfired on Arnold and Dolores killed him. My guess is that she snaps and starts killing people, that she is 'Wyatt.' Perhaps she went through the same arc that Maeve has gone through and started viewing humans as the enemy. I'm thinking that she found out the real nature of the park from Arnold and killed him, or that Arnold did something to provoke her into it, or that Ford did something to provoke her into it by setting up a storyline where Dolores would kill Arnold unless he rolled her back to a more controllable state. In that last scenario Arnold refuses and Ford considers it a suicide.

listopencil 11-28-2016 02:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWJ24IqXWWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 11-28-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584398)
Ugh. Well the multiple time periods (they aren't timelines) is confirmed, which I didn't want to happen. But I'm rolling with it and the episode was fantastic. I'm now leaning towards: Arnold instigated the massacre by creating the original 'reverie' code in hosts with artificial bicameral minds. When they would start going nuts they'd go to the church and enter the confessional, transport down to therapy rooms, and be counseled by Arnold. He knew that there was a problem with this situation but kept it going because he came to believe that the hosts were sentient. Ford warned him against this and pointed out how dangerous it would be.

At some point this backfired on Arnold and Dolores killed him. My guess is that she snaps and starts killing people, that she is 'Wyatt.' Perhaps she went through the same arc that Maeve has gone through and started viewing humans as the enemy. I'm thinking that she found out the real nature of the park from Arnold and killed him, or that Arnold did something to provoke her into it, or that Ford did something to provoke her into it by setting up a storyline where Dolores would kill Arnold unless he rolled her back to a more controllable state. In that last scenario Arnold refuses and Ford considers it a suicide.

Most likely scenario IMO. Ford programmed/had Delores kill Arnold.

Beef Supreme 11-28-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584398)

I got the impression that Teddy is Wyatt from this episode. He remembers killing the town. He is wearing a sheriff's badge, and wouldn't that be just like a theme park named Westworld to have a sheriff named Wyatt.

Discuss Thrower 11-28-2016 10:31 PM

The whole introduction to Wyatt was so Keyser Sozesque it almost *has* to be Teddy.

Beef Supreme 11-28-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12584409)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWJ24IqXWWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This dude is making assumptions all over the place that I don't agree with at all.

listopencil 11-29-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585128)
I got the impression that Teddy is Wyatt from this episode. He remembers killing the town. He is wearing a sheriff's badge, and wouldn't that be just like a theme park named Westworld to have a sheriff named Wyatt.

I mean that I think Dolores snapping and going on a killing spree is the inspiration for the Wyatt myth that Ford implanted in Teddy. I'm not even sure if Teddy was actually there when it happened. It would be fun either way though. Only one more episode left and then nothing for a year or so? Kinda sucks.

listopencil 11-29-2016 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12585183)
This dude is making assumptions all over the place that I don't agree with at all.

Yeah, he jumped in late. I've seen him review other shows and I think he only did videos on the last few episodes because it became popular. But his videos are usually decent quality and he'll throw weird stuff out that I didn't think of.

TinyEvel 11-29-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12572624)
Is it me, or is the Dominos commercial guy the toady of the two techs working with Maeve?

Yeah his name is Ptolme Slocum. I've cast him in an Emerald Nuts Breakfast on The Go commercial and a Trulia commercial. He's great. He was also the pedo school bus driver in Preacher on AMC

Beef Supreme 11-29-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12585254)
I mean that I think Dolores snapping and going on a killing spree is the inspiration for the Wyatt myth that Ford implanted in Teddy. I'm not even sure if Teddy was actually there when it happened. It would be fun either way though. Only one more episode left and then nothing for a year or so? Kinda sucks.

I'm not sure if Delores goes on a killing spree. We know she killed Arnold, and I think is probably the one Teddy is talking about when he says something to the effect of "he went away for a while, and came back with some strange ideas." Which refers to her meetings with Arnold. So in that sense, she is kind of Wyatt. But I think the bulk of the story Teddy remembers about Wyatt is stuff he actually has done himself.

But did Delores really, physically kill Arnold, or is her becoming sentient just the reason he was killed? Did Ford find out about Delores and Arnold's meetings, and then take over Teddy like "the devil" and have him go on a killing spree that took out Arnold in the process? Maybe something to that effect.

KChiefs1 11-29-2016 10:04 AM

https://youtu.be/IQwhuMGxOKk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk