ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148160)
When did I say any of that ****face? I didn't say it was the safe pick and I didn't say it made it easier. I said it made it plausible. Leadership is our number one need. What Te'o has done this year is special. Go **** a pizza pie.

You are completely certifiable.

Te'o has had a great year.

But he's a ****ing middle linebacker. A good one, yes, but you can get Stanford's Shane Skov at possibly the top of the third and he's damn near as good as Te'o is and has had the same production numbers over his career. Same size as well.

While, on the other hand, you've got Geno Smith, who, despite the argumentations over slight semantics, is regarded as one of the better pro prospects at his position in recent memory.

Let's do the math for the Chiefs:

Middle linebackers: Derrick Johnson, who is coming off a recent Pro Bowl and Jovan Belcher, who is well regarded by personnel guys in the NFL.

or

Quarterbacks: Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi (who can't beat out either Cassel and Quinn, and we all now know how bad Cassel and Quinn are at this point in their careers).

Hmmmmmm....:hmmm:

That's a tough one right there...

Rausch 11-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148279)
There has been no one that has given Sac more shit than I have, but I am in full agreement with everything that Sac has posted regarding Geno Smith, including his opinion regarding Smith and RGIII.

This I want to hear.

Give me the short version...

SAUTO 11-25-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148295)
This I want to hear.

Give me the short version...

Its all here, in this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9148365)
Its all here, in this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

I said short version...

RealSNR 11-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9148271)
For as much shit as Sac (justifiably) receives because of his o-line fetish and criticisms of Albert, his general football acumen is pretty high. The fact that he's planting his flag so firmly in the Geno Smith soil should give even the biggest skeptics pause and reason to reconsider their position a bit.

Sac? Pssh. Your confidence and faith in Geno is strong because of ME. Admit it.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148372)
I said short version...

Search Sac's posts. He's only typed it out about fifty times.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9148271)
For as much shit as Sac (justifiably) receives because of his o-line fetish and criticisms of Albert, his general football acumen is pretty high. The fact that he's planting his flag so firmly in the Geno Smith soil should give even the biggest skeptics pause and reason to reconsider their position a bit.

At this point, the offensive line is pretty solid. I would have liked to have seen different players drafted? Yep, but that's hindsight and what we have is what we have and I think it's pretty good at this point.

Albert has gotten better this year and it would be a mistake to replace him at this point unless the Chiefs run into contractual problems with him this offseason as he's a free agent. I wouldn't give him crazy money, but he's played to the point and has the experience that he's worth a resigning.

However, you also have to consider that Cassel is one of the worst starting QB's in the league and Winston has already stated that it's more difficult to block for him because of his drop backs. (And Haley/Gailey knew this and that's why you saw a focus on reducing his steps out of under center. Daboll is just a lost cause at this point, so I don't give a shit what happens from here on out.)

And Geno Smith is, at this point, as good a prospect as I've seen at the QB position. You never pass that up, especially when you've got a QB situation like the Chiefs. A guy like Smith, who has uncanny pocket awareness, would immediately make this offensive line substantially better. Top 5/10 level, IMO, especially considering the running back situation of Charles and Hillis. (Who has gotten some shit on this board, but it's hard to run in-between the tackles when there is constantly eight/nine guys in the box. As well, Daboll hasn't utilized Hillis very well when he's been in the lineup. The guy has great, soft hands and should be getting H-back type reps. But again, the limitations at the QB position is holding guys like that back, including McCluster, who is a clone of what Geno Smith is currently working with at WVU in Tavon Austin.)

No, I realize team needs and it's a damn near perfect storm for the Chiefs in terms of having the chance to take a high quality QB prospect when they need it the most.

Geno Smith.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:25 AM

Ok I've been studying all the qbs, because lets face it we've been out of this season for over a month, and if we draft a qb which we should two names geno smith or Tyler Wilson are the only two I think we should consider.

Like sac I got on geno smith bandwagon early. I love the kids attitude and how he excites the crowd we all know chiefs fans need that. I know all the spread talk is what is hurting him but he did play under center early in his career so you know he can do it. He throws off his back foot but he still throws bombs. All of this are mechanics this can be worked on , but smith does have the thing that most of you that know me on here I say we need at qb the leadership and it factor. Geno is the type of guy when the chips are down will say I'm taking you guys on my back we will win. Now why I really like geno is humility. After that amazing performance vs Baylor he didn't once talk bout himself, unlike cassel, but praised all his teammates. I also heard an interview after Oklahoma game where the D lost the game he took responsibility for the loss by saying he could've been better. Cassel once this year has taken the blame it's allways the teams fault hell the team didn't fumble at the one u did. So since this is a geno thread won't talk bout Tyler but in my mind these two are close with slight edge to smith. Ok sorry for long post just wanted to give my two cents.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148279)
There has been no one that has given Sac more shit than I have, but I am in full agreement with everything that Sac has posted regarding Geno Smith, including his opinion regarding Smith and RGIII.

I am higher on Smith than any QB that has been drafted in the last several years, outside of Luck.

I usually respect your opinion. But rgIII does the same things geno does as a pocket passer (in my opinion, better). But rgIII also has ability to extend plays if he can't make a lightning fast read in a way geno is athletically incapable of.

Genos a good prospect. But sac is saying he is as good if not better prospect than both luck and rgIII. And that is just crazy talk.

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9148376)
Sac? Pssh. Your confidence and faith in Geno is strong because of ME. Admit it.

Convincing argument...

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO
Its all here, in this thread...

Convincing argument...

milkman 11-25-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148446)
I usually respect your opinion. But rgIII does the same things geno does as a pocket passer (in my opinion, better). But rgIII also has ability to extend plays if he can't make a lightning fast read in a way geno is athletically incapable of.

Genos a good prospect. But sac is saying he is as good if not better prospect than both luck and rgIII. And that is just crazy talk.

You are a dipshit whose opinions are couched in really nicely articulated dipshittery.

Geno Smith's pocket awareness is more advanced at this point in his career than RGIII's was.

He is not as athletically gifted, but he has the mobility to extend plays with his legs, and is better at keeping his eyes downfield than any college QB I've seen in years, except Luck.

RGIII extended plays, but a lot of what he did was dumpoffs after breaking containment, while Smith throws the ball all over the yard, because his vision is better downfield.

And your whole "RGIII is less likely to bust because he can run" is some of the dumbest shit ever.

Michael Vick never busted for that reason, but there's no way in hell I want that type of QB.

RGIII is not going to bust because he is a smart kid that will excel as a pocket passer.

Geno Smith will excel for that same reason.

The short of this is that you are a blowhard dumbass.

milkman 11-25-2012 11:41 AM

Oh, and sac has not claimed once that geno is a better prospect than Luck, you dumbass.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:46 AM

Preach on milkman I can't believe I am agreeing but I too really like his pocket awareness too and he's a film rat loves to know bout his opponent. Mechanics can be worked on what geno has you can't teach.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:48 AM

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take two forward . If this season finally gets rid of cassel and pioli and gets a quality starter at qb, all these embarrassing loses are worth it.