ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do we want DeHop? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347818)

Mecca 05-26-2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 16960113)
Those points aren't mutually exclusive. They could have tanked by trading him and getting draft picks back.

I think they tried and basically got no real offers.

Indian Chief 05-26-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16960114)

You're probably right, which makes me curious what they were asking for. I can't imagine a team wouldn't have coughed up a 4th.

Mecca 05-26-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 16960121)
You're probably right, which makes me curious what they were asking for. I can't imagine a team wouldn't have coughed up a 4th.

You run into this issue though, what if the teams he wanted to go to had no interest in his deal. Then you risk sending him to some shithole and that looks bad for signing players in the future.

They may have thought it was better to just release him so when they go to sign FA's in 2 years they don't have to try to reassure a player "if this doesn't work we won't send you to the worst team in the league"

TwistedChief 05-26-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16960012)
Now even I'm interested, depending on price.

It's about time you got on the DHop train, Meck. Allllll abbbbooooaaaarrrrddddd.....

raybec 4 05-26-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16960144)
You run into this issue though, what if the teams he wanted to go to had no interest in his deal. Then you risk sending him to some shithole and that looks bad for signing players in the future.

They may have thought it was better to just release him so when they go to sign FA's in 2 years they don't have to try to reassure a player "if this doesn't work we won't send you to the worst team in the league"

I seriously doubt that if they got an offer they liked it would have mattered at all what team Hopkins wanted to go to.

Mecca 05-26-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16960243)
I seriously doubt that if they got an offer they liked it would have mattered at all what team Hopkins wanted to go to.

It's probably not worth a 5th round pick to make players question signing with you.

Chris Meck 05-26-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16960205)
It's about time you got on the DHop train, Meck. Allllll abbbbooooaaaarrrrddddd.....

No picks, he's already getting paid by Arizona so we could get him cheap? Well, yeah.

I never said I didn't like the player.

Easy 6 05-26-2023 05:37 PM

The best part of it all, is I'm 100% good either way it goes

But yeah, with DeHop we potentially clown the entire league ala the 99 Rams with high flyin, death defyin blowout wins all over the place

Megatron96 05-26-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16960752)
The best part of it all, is I'm 100% good either way it goes

But yeah, with DeHop we potentially clown the entire league ala the 99 Rams with high flyin, death defyin blowout wins all over the place

With DeAndre, the SB repeat is a lock. Keep him another year, and the three-peat is a lock.

kevrunner 05-27-2023 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16960705)
No picks, he's already getting paid by Arizona so we could get him cheap? Well, yeah.

I never said I didn't like the player.

Don’t think Dhop is getting any $$$ from Cardinals now that he was released. He is still counting against their cap only because his signing bonus/roster bonus was spread out, but that $$$ was paid up front to him already. As of now, Dhop is getting no $$$ for the 2023 season until he signs with new team. I’m pretty sure about this, but not 100%.

Chris Meck 05-27-2023 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 16961032)
Don’t think Dhop is getting any $$$ from Cardinals now that he was released. He is still counting against their cap only because his signing bonus/roster bonus was spread out, but that $$$ was paid up front to him already. As of now, Dhop is getting no $$$ for the 2023 season until he signs with new team. I’m pretty sure about this, but not 100%.

My understanding is the contract is guaranteed, but maybe it's not.

Rainbarrel 05-27-2023 01:27 PM

They went old with Colquitt, once. Maybe Hopkins can hit the waiver wire like Suggs

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16960761)
With DeAndre, the SB repeat is a lock. Keep him another year, and the three-peat is a lock.

I'm sorry but please stop. There's no such thing as a "lock" in the NFL. Please stop with this shit...It's like you guys have never watched an NFL season play out. Last year it was the equally dumb as **** "It's OK if we don't compete for a title It's a rebuild year!!"

M_M 05-27-2023 05:29 PM

Mahomes doesn't need dhop; EOS!

Shields68 05-28-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16960114)

Think the problem was his contract. Guessing the Chiefs and Bill's wanted him at the right price. But not willing to give up anything for him and an inflated salary. Rebuilding teams probably rather have someone who has not essentially burned bridges with now 2 teams