ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

HotCarl 01-22-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342489)
Don't like winning playoff games I see.

We should start by winning regular season games and getting a ticket to the dance, only takes one.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342498)
We should start by winning regular season games and getting a ticket to the dance, only takes one.

300 yards rushing and we still lost.

Yet you think neglecting the QB position is a good idea.

Brock 01-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342498)

It takes a franchise QB first and foremost. Every team in the playoffs has one.

hometeam 01-22-2013 06:51 PM

Anyone who thinks Albert would move to guard in the first place is ****ing high. He can go get big fat LT money all over the league, why the **** would he move to guard?

Easy 6 01-22-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9342517)
Anyone who thinks Albert would move to guard in the first place is ****ing high. He can go get big fat LT money all over the league, why the **** would he move to guard?

If i didnt know any better, i'd swear the people who keep floating that idea are trolling.

As someone said in another thread, it makes sense that many of the people calling into these radio shows are jobless bums with only the vaguest football (or life) knowledge, they clearly dont know shit from apple butter, just have too much time on their hands.

Red Dawg 01-22-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342435)
Again, it's not about Geno Smith. It's about QB's in general. Geno Smith is damn near a synonym for 1st round QB, that's why you see so much "geno ballwashing". When you argue with people about Geno Smith, you're not really arguing with them about Geno, but rather the idea that we should be taking anything other than a QB. Talking QB's is one thing....suggesting that the Chiefs take a LT w/ their #1 overall is another, and that is why you see so many angry posters.

I for one like Dysert a lot. Not more than Geno but his mechanics are solid and he can zj ng it in there with fast release but not sure of his smarts. Geno can do it all with his throwing for sure and its been written that he is not a dumbass. Dysert will rise on the boards.

-King- 01-22-2013 07:02 PM

Can people stop falling for the trolls? Trolls keep coming here and people still argue with them. I don't get it.

Frankie 01-22-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342465)
Uhm...yes they do. It's all over the place. I can't log on w/o seeing some stupid shit about taking a LT or LB.

Then comes the "trade down" comment....completely ignoring the fact that you have to have someone to trade down WITH.

When was the last time someone traded up to #1 overall for a LT?

I haven't seen many people actually preferring to get a LT or LB over a QB. But then maybe I haven't been in all the threads you have been in.

We all know we need to get a QB in the first two rounds. And the trade down comments have a lot of validity with the acknowledgement that it has a big 'IF' attached to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342465)
I gurantee you that if anyone trades up with the Chiefs, it's for a QB.

I don't think it's a guarantee, but let's say someone gives us their top 10 1st plus their 2nd, plus their 1st and 2nd next year. We would be crazy not to take it.

Not that I expect such an offer to be made, but if something crazy like that happens I for one will be royally pissed at the FO for not taking it in favor of securing Geno Smith.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9342547)
I for one like Dysert a lot. Not more than Geno but his mechanics are solid and he can zj ng it in there with fast release but not sure of his smarts. Geno can do it all with his throwing for sure and its been written that he is not a dumbass. Dysert will rise on the boards.

It'll be interesting to see how many QB's are taken in the 1st round. I think 3-4 will go. Can't wait till the combine, all these QB's are going to rise and fall. Combine is when most will get sorted out. It can't get here soon enough.

kcxiv 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342333)
Colquitt, hell yes. Albert, hell yes. Bowe.. needs to show more maturity. Franchise him. Give the young man a year to prove he isn't at risk

How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.

Brock 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342556)

Not that I expect such an offer to be made, but if something crazy like that happens I for one will be royally pissed at the FO for not taking it in favor of securing Geno Smith.

You'll probably be pissed if they take the offer and three years later Geno is winning a playoff game for Buffalo or whoever.

KC native 01-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9342554)
Can people stop falling for the trolls? Trolls keep coming here and people still argue with them. I don't get it.

They're not all trolls. Just check the comments on the Chiefs facebook posts.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342556)
I don't think it's a guarantee, but let's say someone gives us their top 10 1st plus their 2nd, plus their 1st and 2nd next year. We would be crazy not to take it.

If someone is willing to do that, then it's for a QB. If another team is willing to give up that much for Geno, then you have to wonder if you should even be passing on him at all.

People called the Redskins crazy.....they don't look too crazy right now.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9342569)
How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.

shhhhh.

He needs another "wait and see" year.

Apparently the last 4 haven't been good enough.

-King- 01-22-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9342573)
They're not all trolls. Just check the comments on the Chiefs facebook posts.

So? Ignore them. The majority of them who sign on to this site ARE trolls. Hot carl is one of them.