ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Rumor*** Pioli gets fired if Chiefs Lose in Tampa. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265034)

BigRedChief 10-14-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9014469)
A friend of mine saw pussholy at the best buy on dale mabry just south of the stadium after the game. He said he was going to look at houses in Avila tomorrow

I also overheard Clark Hunt on his phone talking to the KC Sporting owners about a deal.

Bowser 10-14-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9014682)
I also overheard Clark Hunt on his phone talking to the KC Sporting owners about a deal.

You should be banned for even teasing us with the idea of that being a possibility.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-14-2012 08:57 PM

PFT...

King confirms report that Pioli was offered no extension

Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT

Getty Images
After days of scattered rumors that Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli could get a contract extension, Jason La Canfora of CBS reported on Sunday that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has offered a two-year extension to Pioli, and that a deal has been delayed by haggling over buyout language.

Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reported that the report is not accurate, and Peter King echoed the debunking during Football Night in America.

Per King, no contract has been offered — and Pioli’s status will be evaluated after the season.

So if the initial report is wrong, how did it come to be? Though it’s regarded as bad form to speculate on someone’s sources (i.e., here we go again speculating on sources), it could be that the league office has been asked by the Chiefs to evaluate certain proposed buyout language in a potential offer to Pioli, and that the facts got twisted up a little in the wash.

There’s also a chance that folks who don’t like Pioli are pushing embellished, exaggerated, and/or fabricated facts in order to foment further fan discontent regarding Hunt and Pioli, fanning the flames so that Hunt will feel like he has no choice but to move on.

Either way, someone is dead wrong on this one.

BigRedChief 10-14-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9014688)
You should be banned for even teasing us with the idea of that being a possibility.

Those guys don't have a billion $. It's not a possibility.

htismaqe 10-14-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9014695)
PFT...

Getty Images
After days of scattered rumors that Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli could get a contract extension, Jason La Canfora of CBS reported on Sunday that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has offered a two-year extension to Pioli, and that a deal has been delayed by haggling over buyout language.

Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reported that the report is not accurate, and Peter King echoed the debunking during Football Night in America.

Per King, no contract has been offered — and Pioli’s status will be evaluated after the season.

So if the initial report is wrong, how did it come to be? Though it’s regarded as bad form to speculate on someone’s sources (i.e., here we go again speculating on sources), it could be that the league office has been asked by the Chiefs to evaluate certain proposed buyout language in a potential offer to Pioli, and that the facts got twisted up a little in the wash.

There’s also a chance that folks who don’t like Pioli are pushing embellished, exaggerated, and/or fabricated facts in order to foment further fan discontent regarding Hunt and Pioli, fanning the flames so that Hunt will feel like he has no choice but to move on.

Pioli, the Victim.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-14-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

PFT...

Getty Images

He's gone. Clark isn't that stupid.

Strongside 10-14-2012 09:06 PM

A close personal friend of mine who has close ties to the organization has informed me that Clark is firing Scott and replacing him with a half-eaten ham sandwich and a box of turtle shit in hopes that this will boost fan morale and sell tickets. I'm betting it works.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 09:10 PM

The org is trying to save face now that Pioli has been realized as a complete and total embarrassment.

Can't wait for the Tuesday press conference.

Everyone wear black.

Titty Meat 10-14-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

PFT...

Getty Images

Pioli is done.

Titty Meat 10-14-2012 09:19 PM

Sam Mellinger ‏@mellinger
Email from #Chiefs employee who I've been going back and forth with: "Never mind. I can't defend it anymore."

Clay please que the devil guy laughing gif

FlaChief58 10-14-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9014760)
Pioli is done.

Yep, no one can survive this shit storm, no matter how egotistical

notorious 10-14-2012 09:24 PM

Imagine having your career as Chief's GM being dictated by a Crennel coached team.

I hope this season lasts forever, and is horrifically painful for Pioli so that he never sniffs a job in the NFL again.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9014775)
Sam Mellinger ‏@mellinger
Email from #Chiefs employee who I've been going back and forth with: "Never mind. I can't defend it anymore."

Zarth is old hat.

http://i.imgur.com/IVdLX.gif

Marcellus 10-14-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9014783)
Yep, no one can survive this shit storm, no matter how egotistical

While maybe not being the only factor in the shit storm I have to say I think CP played a critical roll in getting the message out.

To be honest I have said many times in the past nobody cares what we think here, I am glad to be wrong.

Its been like a CP Spring.

Titty Meat 10-14-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9014798)
While maybe not being the only factor in the shit storm I have to say I think CP played a critical roll in getting the message out.

To be honest I have said many times in the past nobody cares what we think here, I am glad to be wrong.

Its been like a CP Spring.

Let's hope it's not like the Arab Spring that means Lake Dawson will be the new GM.