ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

Frankie 01-22-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342571)
You'll probably be pissed if they take the offer and three years later Geno is winning a playoff game for Buffalo or whoever.

Probably. But I don't give that even a 50-50 chance. And quite the opposite can happen too. He can bust.

So yes if a deal like I described comes up I'd take it in a heartbeat. Between Wilson, Glennon, Dysart, I'd find a pill to ease my pain of losing out on Geno.

Frankie 01-22-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342574)
If someone is willing to do that, then it's for a QB. If another team is willing to give up that much for Geno, then you have to wonder if you should even be passing on him at all.

People called the Redskins crazy.....they don't look too crazy right now.

Actually RG3's career could end up being very short. It may still end up being crazy to invest that much on any player. But that's another subject altogether.

Molitoth 01-22-2013 09:57 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custo...atar672_29.gif

I don't know if that is you or not Frankie, but you could pass as Michael Ironside. =)

Strongside 01-22-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9342569)
How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.

This. Bowe has shown, for the past 3-4 seasons, that he's worthy of a big deal. Give it to him, already.

suzzer99 01-22-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9342162)
Doing some research on BlackBob and Rambozo, both of their IP's come from Georgia. One came from Elljay, GA the other Alpharetta, GA.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...509baaadb5.jpg

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9343233)
Actually RG3's career could end up being very short. It may still end up being crazy to invest that much on any player. But that's another subject altogether.

Don't start posting like you're smart.

J Diddy 01-22-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342511)
It takes a franchise QB first and foremost. Every team in the playoffs has one.

suddenly kaepernicks a franchise quarterback? Was he in the beginning of this year?

Granted he's kicking ass, however, the guy he put on the bench was the franchise quarterback

Mecca 01-22-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343350)
suddenly kaepernicks a franchise quarterback? Was he in the beginning of this year?

Granted he's kicking ass, however, the guy he put on the bench was the franchise quarterback

He was the past regimes QB, Kaepernick was drafted in Harbaugh's first year.

DaneMcCloud 01-22-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343350)

Alex Smith was taken #1 over in 2005. Jim Harbaugh was hired in 2011 and helped Smith to his best season, where they were one game away from the Super Bowl last year (or one fumble).

The 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, who was raw but had intangibles, in the 2011 draft. Harbaugh spent more than a year working with him and decided to make the switch mid-season. He's definitely been the difference between 2011 and 2012.

The bottom line is that teams miss on QB's all the time. Teams missed on Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and maybe even Cousins and Foles. And while I hope that the Chiefs don't pass on a QB with their #1 overall pick, I also know that it's not the end of world, as some are predicting.

RustShack 01-22-2013 11:07 PM

Geno would be the classic QB that falls down the draft and ends up being great. So lets not miss out on him, and not let him fall down the draft. He can be the QB that is great in KC.

RustShack 01-22-2013 11:08 PM

Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs

Not commonly mentioned as one of the best offensive tackles in the game, Branden Albert has emerged in his contract year as a dominant player. Albert has a total grade of +17.6 (with a pass block grade of +17.0) on the year and has been a bright spot for the struggling Chiefs. He is second in the entire league among offensive tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency, allowing only eight total pressures in 279 pass block snaps. Included in those eight pressures is just one sack and that came on opening day, which is even more impressive considering the state of flux that is the Chiefs’ offense.

crossbow 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9341582)
Lande also added his thoughts on Plaza III's steaks: "Inferior to Sizzler."

When asked about JD Power and Associates' car ratings, he was miffed at the praise given to the 700 Class BMW over the base model Chevy Aveo.

Lande is stunned The Canyons didn't sweep all Oscar nominations.

Lande considers Sylvania state of the art for modern TV production. He also thinks you should invest heavily in HD-DVD.

Did he recommend a good DVD rewinder? Preferably one that does blue-ray too.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343365)
Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs

Not commonly mentioned as one of the best offensive tackles in the game, Branden Albert has emerged in his contract year as a dominant player. Albert has a total grade of +17.6 (with a pass block grade of +17.0) on the year and has been a bright spot for the struggling Chiefs. He is second in the entire league among offensive tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency, allowing only eight total pressures in 279 pass block snaps. Included in those eight pressures is just one sack and that came on opening day, which is even more impressive considering the state of flux that is the Chiefs’ offense.

MOVE HIM TO GUARD!

suzzer99 01-22-2013 11:22 PM

It is his natural position that he's played for 35 games ever.

J Diddy 01-23-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9343359)
Alex Smith was taken #1 over in 2005. Jim Harbaugh was hired in 2011 and helped Smith to his best season, where they were one game away from the Super Bowl last year (or one fumble).

The 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, who was raw but had intangibles, in the 2011 draft. Harbaugh spent more than a year working with him and decided to make the switch mid-season. He's definitely been the difference between 2011 and 2012.

The bottom line is that teams miss on QB's all the time. Teams missed on Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and maybe even Cousins and Foles. And while I hope that the Chiefs don't pass on a QB with their #1 overall pick, I also know that it's not the end of world, as some are predicting.

1st. I'm so glad you came back. Place wasn't the same without you.
2nd. I hear exactly what you're saying and I know nobody's success is guaranteed. I just think that first pick should be on as close as a lock as possible when it's that high. I just don't think Geno is it. Haven't watched the others so much, however I'm inclined to trust Reid when it comes to quarterback.
3rd. Smith's concussion paved the way. If it weren't for that I doubt we'd ever hear kaepernick's number being called, especially since smith has been playing decent. I give him credit for them balls.