ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long do you plan on wearing a mask in public? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337543)

ThaVirus 03-18-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15591405)
I have barely been wearing a stupid mask since last summer... only in the few stores that still require it and of course when flying on an airplane (which is a disgusting experience, having to wear a mask in that environment).

By end of this summer, the mask thing will be over.

Wearing a mask is a minor annoyance at worst.

You're a crybaby.

FloridaMan88 03-18-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15591434)
The 25 year old person I'm standing next to in line might be on chemo. That person might be your kid or significant other. If the minor pain-in-the-ass prevents another death, I'm in.

That 25 year old chemo patient would also be susceptible to serious illness/death from any # of respiratory diseases...flu, pneumonia, even the common cold... did you previously wear a mask to protect that chemo patient from those diseases?

FloridaMan88 03-18-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15591459)
Wearing a mask is a minor annoyance at worst.

You're a crybaby.

Masks were not part of our society until April 2020 as evidenced by the fact that many cities/states have long standing ANTI-mask laws on their books.

Some people like yourself may consider that dramatic change to be "minor", but most people understand the importance of getting our way of life back to pre-pandemic normal as soon as possible.

Old Dog 03-18-2021 09:13 AM

I only wear one when it's an absolute necessity (IE in an airport or on a plane)...most places I HAVE to go don't mandate them now. If I'm asked to put one on or leave, I'll make my decision at that time (most times I'll put one on but there are times I've decided I'll take my business elsewhere) but in no way am I going to be an ass to the poor person at the door, it's generally not their decision.

That said, the incognito on this site even seem to work on planes and they're the lightest and most breathable I've found.

https://fakemaskusa.com/

ChiTown 03-18-2021 09:14 AM

I'll wear masks where they are required. No big deal.

MahomesMagic 03-18-2021 09:16 AM

Fauci said early on that masks were symbolic.

I wear a cotton mask into stores as I am in NY. Around me I see lots of people wearing them as they drive and walking alone outside.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2021 09:22 AM

It's time we don't wear them at all....period. Mask down and open up

Bearcat 03-18-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15591487)
Fauci said early on that masks were symbolic.

I wear a cotton mask into stores as I am in NY. Around me I see lots of people wearing them as they drive and walking alone outside.

He specifically said they're for protection and him wearing one is a symbol for other people to do the same..... as in, if he's walking outside with one other person, he knows there's a low risk being outside and all and a mask in that situation probably isn't required, but he still puts one on as a symbol of doing the right thing, and probably so people who will take anything out of context in order to support their agenda won't be all "ermergerd he was caught on camera this one time without a mask!!"

mr. tegu 03-18-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15591323)
I'm vaccinated. I won't be wearing a mask unless the location's policy requests that I do.

Really the only answer needed.

tmax63 03-18-2021 09:28 AM

Between the vaccination push and the number of people who have had the virus and developed some immunity and the number of people who have had it and never knew they had it quite a few experts are feeling that the US is on the brink of having significant herd immunity. There are experts on both sides of the fence but there are some saying we're already seeing some of the effects already. People need to realize it's not an all or nothing. Fauci thinks we need to wear a mask until there's not a single death from Covid and that's totally crazy. It's time to go back to normal now. The health care system can handle what cases occur and no matter how loudly the politicians scream and try to exert maximum control it's time to wean them off their "pandemic power grab".

ptlyon 03-18-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15591506)
He specifically said they're for protection and him wearing one is a symbol for other people to do the same..... as in, if he's walking outside with one other person, he knows there's a low risk being outside and all and a mask in that situation probably isn't required, but he still puts one on as a symbol of doing the right thing, and probably so people who will take anything out of context in order to support their agenda won't be all "ermergerd he was caught on camera this one time without a mask!!"

Take a deep breath. Must be the longest sentence in CP history. Must *not* be wearing a mask.

ClevelandBronco 03-18-2021 09:40 AM

I’ll wear one until the restrictions are lifted by whichever public or private entity has authority over a situation or a place. I wear a mask for a single reason: because I don’t want to deal with people who’d freak out if I weren’t wearing one.

Bugeater 03-18-2021 09:42 AM

I can't wait until I can throw every ****ing one of them in the trash.

Bearcat 03-18-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15591512)
Take a deep breath. Must be the longest sentence in CP history. Must *not* be wearing a mask.

LMAO

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c1f33c9e...2l53o6_250.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15591546)
I can't wait until I can throw every ****ing one of them in the trash.

:clap: