ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dak as good as Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320198)

Stinger 01-10-2019 03:52 PM

https://pics.me.me/cocaines-a-hell-o...p-28264381.png

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-10-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion05 (Post 14022496)
No one is putting Mahomes in the top 4 in his first year except for Chiefs fans.

I love Mahomes, he's super talented. But "Top 5" means that you've shown a level of consistency and playoff victories. You don't get "Top 5" over one great year. Teams figure out your tendencies, adjust, and if that QB is still performing at a high level then they get respect. Non-Chiefs fans watch Chiefs games and they don't see a QB that's putting on a Peyton Manning-esque performance. They see a ridiculously talented young guy throwing bombs often to dynamic playmakers. And maybe a no look pass or side arm, but that doesn't make you Top 5

:rolleyes: 50 and 5000. If we lose Sat. I doubt it is because we failed to score more than 28 points. Ask any GM in the NFL today who they would take in the league for their QB if they had a choice... it would be Mahomes in a landslide.

Gravedigger 01-10-2019 03:53 PM

Dak isn't even as good as Russel Wilson. They play a similar style only Dak doesn't have the arm.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2019 04:00 PM

Well, in Irvin's defense... he's likely looking at Smith in that offense last season and saying that Mahomes had about 1,000 more yards and only 24 more TDs thanks to the additional 40 or so completions by Mahomes. So, yeah - he has a strong defense.

wutamess 01-10-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

No one is putting Mahomes in the top 4 in his first year except for Chiefs fans.

I love Mahomes, he's super talented. But "Top 5" means that you've shown a level of consistency and playoff victories. You don't get "Top 5" over one great year. Teams figure out your tendencies, adjust, and if that QB is still performing at a high level then they get respect. Non-Chiefs fans watch Chiefs games and they don't see a QB that's putting on a Peyton Manning-esque performance. They see a ridiculously talented young guy throwing bombs often to dynamic playmakers. And maybe a no look pass or side arm, but that doesn't make you Top 5

This has to be the dumbest take ever.
PM is special. Yes I'm a homer BUT hear me out.
Who else would you rather have at QB of lets say, the Raiders over the qbs in his list before PM?

Halfcan 01-10-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14018937)
Irvin has to suck Dallas peen. I doubt he really believes it.

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Mahomes isn't a top-3(maybe 4) quarterback in the NFL.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees

Put them in whatever order you want. That fact that a quarterback is top-4 in his 1st year of playing is exceptional.

Mahomes was clearly better than everyone on this list. At one point had more TD's than Brady and Rogers combined.

Top 4? :shake: #1 and it is not even close.

KChiefs1 01-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 14018928)
Did anyone catch the Dan Patrick Show today. Michael Irvin said that Dak would be just as good as Mahomes if he was in Reid's offense. LOL!!!

LMAO

Bump 01-10-2019 05:48 PM

Sounds like Irvin is back on the drugs

Chiefshrink 01-10-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

You don't get "Top 5" over one great year.

Wanna bet ? If he wins the SB he will be put in that category NOW I assure you.;)

nychieffan 01-12-2019 11:12 AM

Irvin back on the mirror again!!!

FringeNC 01-12-2019 11:34 AM

Talk about throwing Jason Garrett under the bus...

Red Dawg 01-12-2019 12:15 PM

Dak is nothing compared to Mahomes. Should not be mentioned in the same breath. Irvin is a damn idiot like Chris Crater and Skip.

ROYC75 01-12-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 14018991)
That's hilarious. Dak would be good in Reid's offense but he would be closer to Alex Smith's production than Mahomes.

This!

Dak = Mahomes?

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 12:50 PM

Irvin is a true believer in all things Jerruh. Always has been. That dumb show he had where unsigned receivers had to compete to become a Cowboy was pretty vomit-inducing when you had to listen to him talk about the Cowboys.

Scorpion05 01-12-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14023265)
:rolleyes: 50 and 5000. If we lose Sat. I doubt it is because we failed to score more than 28 points. Ask any GM in the NFL today who they would take in the league for their QB if they had a choice... it would be Mahomes in a landslide.

Actually some would take Luck. Others may take Watson, or Wilson, or Rodgers, or Brees

You’re being a homer. I watch the games. I see a QB who can pass the ball to Hill and he takes it 90 yards. I see a QB who has an elite playcaller

I don’t see a QB who dissects defenses repeatedly with tight window throws and manipulated defenses. He’s not on that level yet, if you’re being honest. If he ever does, he’ll be unstoppable because he has top 3 talent

Aaron Rodgers’ has had amazing seasons. Some people still consider Brady and even Brees to be better. Mahomes has top 3 talent, but saying he’s a Top 5 QB already is peak homerism