ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jovan Belcher Appreciation Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234263)

TheGuardian 11-23-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8137560)
Agreed.

Of course, what I said before goes for just about every defensive player on the field. Missed coverage, missed key tackles, etc.

This has generally always been true in the NFL.

Offense is about talent.

Defense is about attitude.

I personally still think we don't have a guy on the defense that carries that "attitude".

Well we do, but he's out with an ACL tear. We REALLY miss Berry in more ways that people realize.

notorious 11-23-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8137575)
This has generally always been true in the NFL.

Offense is about talent.

Defense is about attitude.

I personally still think we don't have a guy on the defense that carries that "attitude".

Well we do, but he's out with an ACL tear. We REALLY miss Berry in more ways that people realize.

Absolutely.

It's about moving as a cohesive unit, and having that one guy that will rip your head off if you **** up.

It's contagious. Once the ball gets rolling, the defense will gain more and more confidence. But if there is one weak link that continues to fail (Safety), there is no sense of trust.

aturnis 11-23-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8137552)
I don't know, I am just frustrated with everything. It seems like he is getting burnt a lot on passing downs and missing a few key tackles.

Of course, if Crennel ever decided to dial up the pressure he wouldn't have to cover nearly as long.

Wasn't Belcher only really exposed in coverage b/c DJ was blitzing instead of dropping into coverage.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2012 07:17 PM

• A Chiefs starter who might be out of a first-team role next season is ILB Jovan Belcher. Despite Belcher having finished second on the team in tackles with 87, there is a belief the team will try to upgrade the spot next to star ILB Derrick Johnson next season. Brandon Siler, who was placed on I.R. in training camp, just signed a one-year extension with the team, and inside 'backer is expected to be a position the team targets in the upcoming draft. Belcher, who went undrafted out of Maine in 2009, was called "an impressive player considering where he came from" by a team insider, who also added "but Belcher just isn't very good overall."

dirk digler 01-16-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8303521)
• A Chiefs starter who might be out of a first-team role next season is ILB Jovan Belcher. Despite Belcher having finished second on the team in tackles with 87, there is a belief the team will try to upgrade the spot next to star ILB Derrick Johnson next season. Brandon Siler, who was placed on I.R. in training camp, just signed a one-year extension with the team, and inside 'backer is expected to be a position the team targets in the upcoming draft. Belcher, who went undrafted out of Maine in 2009, was called "an impressive player considering where he came from" by a team insider, who also added "but Belcher just isn't very good overall."

I have been saying this for 2 years.

Urc Burry 01-16-2012 07:41 PM

225 as an ILB isn't going to cut it in the NFL... He was a nice surprise as an UDFA but shouldn't start going forward.

Munson 01-16-2012 07:42 PM

He's a serviceable ILB. If he loses his starting spot next season, we should keep him around as a back up LB and special teams player.

Caseyguyrr 01-16-2012 07:43 PM

he went to Maine, know anyone drafted out of Maine?

seaofred 01-16-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseyguyrr (Post 8303559)
he went to Maine, know anyone drafted out of Maine?

Was that where Shawn Merrimen went?

Caseyguyrr 01-16-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8303564)

i have no clue

just looked it up, that douche went to maryland

Urc Burry 01-16-2012 07:50 PM

What linebacker do we go for as a thumper? Hightower? Burfict? I don't think Kuechly would be a good fit

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8303564)

Maryland

-King- 01-16-2012 07:52 PM

I'll say this, with Belcher, this is a top defense. So if you can find someone better, this defense might be one of if not the best in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 01-16-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8303558)
He's a serviceable ILB. If he loses his starting spot next season, we should keep him around as a back up LB and special teams player.

That is where he belongs. He isn't a starting caliber ILB

KCrockaholic 01-16-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 8303567)
What linebacker do we go for as a thumper? Hightower? Burfict? I don't think Kuechly would be a good fit

I like Hightower. Burfict is a "thumper" though. An uncontrolled, inconsistent "thumper".