ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Steelers LB Ryan Shazier potentially paralyzed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312072)

Rain Man 12-04-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13262521)
his foot did a few times, both feet, actually.

It's hard to tell if they were moving or just flopping, but I too thought they looked like they both moved.

Good luck to the guy. It's just a game.

notorious 12-04-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13262540)
If I recall, that dude leads with his head all the time.

Yep.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13262535)
What about the long term effects?

CTE, bad knees, bad back, etc etc

I wouldn’t allow my kids to play. It’s not worth all the problems.

Millions of people have life long issues from car wrecks. That is nothing new.

Buehler445 12-04-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Definitely. Lots of people have F'ed up backs from car wrecks. My knees are shit anyway.

I don't know if it's enough to get CTE, but I got hit by a semi my freshman year of college and while my belt was on, my head hit the post for the door and I definitely had a concussion. I was too dumb to realize it then, but I do now.

Sassy Squatch 12-04-2017 08:16 PM

You figured they would run screaming for the hills if he had movement in all his extremities. Instead they have no further comment. Looks like the worst, but I don't know much about back injuries. Hope he can get back to 100%.

Best22 12-04-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Some people don't care to live a real long time if it allows them to be a high profile football player

Of course when they're 55 they may regret it, but 22 year olds aren't broken down 55 year olds yet

And yes, car accidents can cause paralysis. And unlike the modern NFL, death

Pasta Little Brioni 12-04-2017 08:17 PM

That's the risk that happens when you are a cheap shoter. Hope he's ok though..

Best22 12-04-2017 08:21 PM

It's possible he may be able to move his legs someone in the future (think months, years) but right now it looks pretty bad.

His career is likely over

pugsnotdrugs19 12-04-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13262534)
TBH, they weren't winning it anyway

Brady owns them

Maybe so, but he was extremely valuable to their defense. Fastest LB in the league, he could run sideline to sideline with ease and was fantastic in coverage. If they did have any chance, he was going to be a huge part of the solution.

RobBlake 12-04-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

There’s also fame, high profile connections, free high level education, millions of dollars to set up your family. People play football because they are assholes and love physical play. I’ve read where you get arguably just as much injuries in soccer well as far as concussions go I believe. All physical sports are risky on their own right.

RunKC 12-04-2017 08:25 PM

This is exactly why players are trying to get paid after 3 years in the league. People bitched at OBJ about it but this shit can happen at any time.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13262550)
Yeah. Definitely. Lots of people have F'ed up backs from car wrecks. My knees are shit anyway.

I don't know if it's enough to get CTE, but I got hit by a semi my freshman year of college and while my belt was on, my head hit the post for the door and I definitely had a concussion. I was too dumb to realize it then, but I do now.

No comment.

ThaVirus 12-04-2017 08:27 PM

Looks like he straightens his left leg out at one point after rolling over.

I'll remain optimistic for his future health. I ****ing hate the Steelers but this dude has alopecia IIRC. He's already had a rough go of life.

Also, this sort of thing happens frequently but I feel like it almost never turns out as bad as it could. I think the last nasty back injury I saw tha actually lead to something serious was that little Bears WR. Johnny Knox, I think. Good Lord, the way his back bent was unnatural. I think he walks with a permanent limp now.

lewdog 12-04-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13262513)
He wasn't remotely close to being motionless. He was wiggling around and grabbing his back with his arms.

Looked like a bad stinger to me.

You CAN be paralyzed from the waist down you know?

Kman34 12-04-2017 08:36 PM

Now Joe Mixion is hurt.. looks like he is out...