ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mitch Holthus struggles with his emotions during post game wrap up (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280410)

journeyscarab 01-05-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afchief (Post 10347962)
Radio use to be about half a play ahead of TV for me, but I had to quit listening to Mitch. It's probably just me but since the Denver game or maybe before, Mitch sounded as excited when the opponent scored as when we did. Was it just me or did anyone else notice it.

Yes, both he and Len have been doing this for some time. Not sure why, don't know if they don't want to be pegged as homers but its ******** annoying. I'd rather they act like homers to a fault than whatever they are doing now.

Mitch even did the "Touchdown COLTS" in the same manner as he does for the Chiefs but maybe with a little lesser level of enthusiasm but I was like...dude who are you pulling for here Mitch?

Len is getting especially annoying with the three phrases he uses over and over again.

HonestChieffan 01-05-2014 10:26 PM

Listen to 10 minutes of a mizzou broadcAst. And try not to stab you eyes out. Then any NFL game. Then the Chiefs. Our guys do great if not the best.

rabblerouser 01-05-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10348385)
"No excuses"? The team's five year plans are nothing more that a five year excuse. Just because the excuses are coming from the latest excusee, in the grand scheme of things this team lives off of overall excuses.

I'll add that his closeness to AR might give him more information than the average fan, but in the end his loyalty to AR and sucking up to AR is as much a requirement of his job as it might be true too.

He talks a lot about hurt. Great sound-bite material for sure, but I don't seem to recall seeing any anger, fighting, yelling or even a thrown helmet "out of frustration." Did I miss something? Hell, I'd love to see that kind of emotion, it might make me thing these guys care. All i saw was a bunch of typical coach-speak and players telling us what we all knew (IOW, a waste of an interview). "We didn't execute and ge the job done" and "credit to the Colts, they got the job done" and things of that ilk are just silly. So this seemed as much scripted as anything else. I'm left to wonder if he wasn't looking at the camera because he was reading from a teleprompter.

"How will they respond"? LOL, most are prolly headed to Cancun or a sunny beach location, and Bowe is headed to Denver! And they "will respond to Andy Reid like they have all year"? OK.....It begs the question, why was he asking them to suck blow big leads. I think Andy needs to get A LOT meaner if this is true.

Sorry to dis on the guy's interview, but I think the fans are hurting more than anybody who gets paid by the Chefs franchise. And the lack of documented emotion about this most egregious of losses is pretty telling.

well, teams are a refection of their coach, right.

rabblerouser 01-05-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10348681)
Listen to 10 minutes of a mizzou broadcAst. And try not to stab you eyes out. Then any NFL game. Then the Chiefs. Our guys do great if not the best.

true, but the years on Len are becoming audibly evident.

Simply Red 01-05-2014 10:34 PM

Mitch is no idiot - He seems a legitimately solid person.

MAG 01-05-2014 10:59 PM

mitch doesn't deserve this. none of us do.

GloryDayz 01-06-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10348698)
Mitch is no idiot - He seems a legitimately solid person.

I will second this... And second anything that says nobody wearing Chefs red deserves what just happened.